Vegas Collectors #19...New Thread Smell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Once again we finally ended one thread and now we can start up new...So please guys, lets hear from you more...We have San Diego Comic-Con next month, new items, potential meets, hopefully some new members (maybe some old ones coming back)...So please fellas lets hear from you more often...Remember we dont have to talk Star Wars (or Hasbro) there more to life than that...

Reaction score
Well its been asked...Looking for updates...

Whos going to Comic-Con...

I know Darthbill & myself are...I believe that DarthJaq & Maxthesilent are as well...Anyone else???

Reaction score
Sith is gonna be there w/his brother in law. Also, SWS put up preorders for the Maris Brood key and Stormie commander from TFU. ACME also posted a pic of the Leia SDCC key.

Reaction score
Crap. Sorry TR, didn't see you posted bout the stormie commander. I think it's pretty awesome. Like the paintjob and I liked the game alot...better than most people gave it credit for.

Reaction score
I've been slammed at work with work non-sense, and at home with reviews and kid bidness making me absent myself from these forums, unfortunately.

Got my Stormie Commander tonite and it seems like a much better build than the previous two troopers. SS is still my favorite licensee and only about 17 days until their Vader ships. I can't wait. I'm so excited for this one. DarthBill and I were texting tonite about what SS may put up for pre-order at SDCC. I'm thinking Fett or the droids.

The Leia SDCC key is pretty sweet, but I got out of that game. Still, with Maris Brood only being an edition of 500, they almost drag me back in.

Russell Walks did a pretty swell poster for Ep IV. It's up at the revamped SWS site. Also at SWS are signed (well, sorta) copies of the Fate of the Jedi novels. Everybody ought to be reading these and following John Ostrander and Jan Durcema's exceptional SW: Legacy comic from Dark Horse.

I've still been reluctantly buying Hasbro since each time I find something I still get that thrill I got when I was 8 buying (now) vintage off the racks. The pic of Cad Bane RS had up still inspires that reaction.

Reaction score
Ou, I forgot, SDCC! The Mrs. and I are coming down Thursday AM until Sunday. We should plan up to meet at some point.

Reaction score
DarthJaq said:
Sith is gonna be there w/his brother in law. Also, SWS put up preorders for the Maris Brood key and Stormie commander from TFU. ACME also posted a pic of the Leia SDCC key.
Cool...I havent seen the Sith since last con...Hope to see you guys soon.

Reaction score
maxthesilent said:
I've been slammed at work with work non-sense, and at home with reviews and kid bidness making me absent myself from these forums, unfortunately.

Got my Stormie Commander tonite and it seems like a much better build than the previous two troopers. SS is still my favorite licensee and only about 17 days until their Vader ships. I can't wait. I'm so excited for this one. DarthBill and I were texting tonite about what SS may put up for pre-order at SDCC. I'm thinking Fett or the droids.

The Leia SDCC key is pretty sweet, but I got out of that game. Still, with Maris Brood only being an edition of 500, they almost drag me back in.

Russell Walks did a pretty swell poster for Ep IV. It's up at the revamped SWS site. Also at SWS are signed (well, sorta) copies of the Fate of the Jedi novels. Everybody ought to be reading these and following John Ostrander and Jan Durcema's exceptional SW: Legacy comic from Dark Horse.

I've still been reluctantly buying Hasbro since each time I find something I still get that thrill I got when I was 8 buying (now) vintage off the racks. The pic of Cad Bane RS had up still inspires that reaction.
Yeah..I cant wait for the SS Vader either...I need to sell off my Medicom Stormtrooper, Shocktrooper & Vader quickly...This has been a figure Ive been dreaming for since I saw it last years con...Can't believe its taken almost a year, It better rock...

As for what I think will see...Fett, Commander Cody, 501st Clone, Biker Scout & Captain Rex...I know that Marvel is going to release a 1:2 Iron Man Mark III (very freaking cool)...I also think you'll see a Indy 12" TOD Indy & Mola Ram...I will predict that sideshow will release GI Joe PF's...say Snake Eyes, also 12" Firefly & Zartan. I feel that Sideshow will have something cool from Terminator & Lord of the Rings...I cant wait to see.

As for the Russel Walks stuff, very cool IMO...I just love that Saul Bass look...

Im out as well with ACME keys, but that Leia is very cool...

I still buy Hasbro...however, Im not hunting anything anymore (especially those crappy SDCC exclusives)...but if I find something I like or want I will buy it...

Reaction score
So the list grows..

1. Tusken +1 (sister-in-law)
2. DarthBill +1
3. Max +1
4. Sith +1
5. DarthJaq +1

Anymore names???

Jeez Merc...you need to go, payback your wife...take the kids bro. Its fun stuff.

Reaction score
I am going, but just Thursday and Friday (I think IM2 panel is on Saturday though?)

Then to New Zealand 2 weeks after.

Reaction score
Tusken_Raiders said:
So the list grows..

1. Tusken +1 (sister-in-law)
2. DarthBill +1
3. Max +1
4. Sith +1
5. DarthJaq +1

Anymore names???

Jeez Merc...you need to go, payback your wife...take the kids bro. Its fun stuff.
Tell me about it, I wish. Unfortunately my anniversary date at work isn't until Oct 10th and my Vacation days don't replenish until then. I already have this years vacation going toward.......I almost can't bring myself to say it.....Disney World.....
(A shrill cry of agony is heard throught the land) in Jan 2010. I would like to go next year though. Never been to that one. Of course as a SDCC newb I would like to tag along with a veteran or two.

Seriously though, if anyone hears info on a character key over there or a fett special, please let me know.

Reaction score
O.k. I just saw the Leia character key for SDCC. If anyone is planning on getting this, and can get more than one, plans on standing in line...I'm not sure how it works over there if it's like Celebration where you stand in the line from HELL and can buy all the Con items but, if any of you guys can hook me up it woulg be greatly appreciated. I'll meet you where ever and pay you in advance.

Reaction score
Merc I will hook you up if you want one. I will have my girlfriend order one for you and she will pick it up and its all yours. Just let me know.

Reaction score
Thanks to you and your girl. If I see you at the meet before you head down there i'll pay you then. If thoes plans don't work out just pm me and let me know when and where.

Again, thank you.

Reaction score
For those that dont know or haven't heard Gentle Giant will start pre-orders for SDCC items for PGM this monday at 10am...I hope to get the McFett, BH Stormie statue, possibly the Dumbledore,...

Reaction score
DB first told me about, then I read it for myself, the nonsense that is the Republic Commando set from GG. After desparately trying to build some cred with their customers (newsletters in particular), they revert to their old ways and pull the stunt of breaking up this run of busts. So glad I don't care.

How about that SS Shocktrooper Exclusive edition size of 750! Very nice.

Reaction score
maxthesilent said:
DB first told me about, then I read it for myself, the nonsense that is the Republic Commando set from GG. After desparately trying to build some cred with their customers (newsletters in particular), they revert to their old ways and pull the stunt of breaking up this run of busts. So glad I don't care.

I care. Just sucks that the box set comes out after the single releases. Do I buy them as they come, or do I hold out for the set?

Reaction score
DarthJaq said:
maxthesilent said:

I care. Just sucks that the box set comes out after the single releases. Do I buy them as they come, or do I hold out for the set?
Buy them as they come out and sell or trade them later if you get 4 pack. No gaurantee that will happen. And if you get no four pack and a couple of the single busts its less to get later.

Reaction score
maxthesilent said:

Im in total agreement with you Max...GG make an effort to bring the fans back, but they constantly have delays & now this.

Love the Shocktrooper edition size...Sideshow is my favorite company...

Reaction score
Re: CONCERT

My friend got tickets for a show on July 13 Monday at the Joint at the Hard Rock for Rise Against and Rancid
. Anyone else going to this one?

Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal
New packaging

Hey guys.. Was at walmart north 215 and saw the new packaging on the hasbro figures but same old figures.. it was the saga legends wave... very very sad.. repacks already.. anyway thought I'd let ya know... and the concert sounds great but sadly I cant go..
no time no money lol but Have fun Jedi Merc

Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal
Re: New packaging

AHHH almost forgot.. Target has the formerly japan/star wars website remote control astromech droids.. they are the coolest.. same size as the hasbro figures but comew with a remote control that looks like a light saber.. I got my so ne the black R2 from the death star but they also had two different R5's and of course R2-D2 himself.. only 19.99 each thats why I only bouth one lol

Reaction score

Time flies around here when you don't post... Didn't feel like I was off long, but sure missed alot of posts.

Work continues to get more sucky each day as I continue to watch people in our industry drop. I feel fortunate not to be one of them, but it sure is getting to a breaking point of how much more work can they pile on me before it is just too much. I have absorbed probably 3 jobs now and it is really starting to become more work than I have hours in a day. At some point I have to ask... is it really worth it. At this point is just being taken advantage of and others around me have yet to take on any new responsibilities. Even had a talk with my boss about it and it pretty much went... "I need you to do this" to which I said "Dont you think I have enough already...what if I don't really want to" reply "You don't have a choice". Granted we both laughed about it, but I also know he wasn't joking. At this point we really don't have anyone else to share the load with as even my boss (no suprise) has no idea how to do what I do and even though I have others that share my title the roll they have is completely different and needless to say they have no idea how to do what I do either. Like most, I am thankful to have a job still, but seriously at what point do you break?

Reaction score
darthbill Buy them as they come out and sell or trade them later if you get 4 pack. No gaurantee that will happen. And if you get no four pack and a couple of the single busts its less to get later. [/quote said:
Exactly what I did with the Commanders. Hopefully I'll have better luck, still don't have Neyo.

Reaction score

Gambler said:
Time flies around here when you don't post... Didn't feel like I was off long, but sure missed alot of posts.

Work continues to get more sucky each day as I continue to watch people in our industry drop. I feel fortunate not to be one of them, but it sure is getting to a breaking point of how much more work can they pile on me before it is just too much. I have absorbed probably 3 jobs now and it is really starting to become more work than I have hours in a day. At some point I have to ask... is it really worth it. At this point is just being taken advantage of and others around me have yet to take on any new responsibilities. Even had a talk with my boss about it and it pretty much went... "I need you to do this" to which I said "Dont you think I have enough already...what if I don't really want to" reply "You don't have a choice". Granted we both laughed about it, but I also know he wasn't joking. At this point we really don't have anyone else to share the load with as even my boss (no suprise) has no idea how to do what I do and even though I have others that share my title the roll they have is completely different and needless to say they have no idea how to do what I do either. Like most, I am thankful to have a job still, but seriously at what point do you break?

Just keep your head up...you get through this....

Reaction score
SDCC

Want to thank Darthbill for the MAJOR heads up of contacting me that Gentle Giant put pre-orders up 12 hours earlier than they themselves said...

Needless to say I got my set...

Reaction score
Re: SDCC

Got my preorder at 2 this morning when I got home from work. Was glad I didn't have to get up and do it. Helped me sleep better

Reaction score

All to easy to order. Glad I checked at 7 this morning. Happen to be on vacation this week. One of those use it or lose it kinda things. Thankfully 4 weeks of vacation load up right before con.

Reaction score

darthbill said:
All to easy to order.
I didn't reup with the PGM. I don't think I have anything to worry about though since it was that easy.

maxthesilent said:

With those 4 you really have nothing to worry about. You may be able to get them cheaper off of ebay later on. IMO, GG screwed up so bad with the four commanders they never fully recovered from it. So many people sold off their collections.

Reaction score

It took me a minute ti get through all the previous posts but I'm all caught up mow. lol

I've been busy for a minute but I'm back. Nothing really to report. I got my new SW figures today and they all look pretty good. I saw a few Rancor's and those look pretty sweet also. Still no luck on the TRu ML 3 packs but I'll keep ya posted. Other than that I'm planning on going to see TF2 on IMAX tommorow if all goes well. If anyone else is free, lmk.

Reaction score

CrimsonFett said:
darthbill said:
All to easy to order.
I didn't reup with the PGM. I don't think I have anything to worry about though since it was that easy.

maxthesilent said:

With those 4 you really have nothing to worry about. You may be able to get them cheaper off of ebay later on. IMO, GG screwed up so bad with the four commanders they never fully recovered from it. So many people sold off their collections.
I have issue with giving them money when they continually [censored] around their (loyal) customers. What's the point of PG if you aren't even guaranteed those commanders? And especially after the fiasco for the previous ones...

Reaction score

echoplex said:
It took me a minute ti get through all the previous posts but I'm all caught up mow. lol

I've been busy for a minute but I'm back. Nothing really to report. I got my new SW figures today and they all look pretty good. I saw a few Rancor's and those look pretty sweet also. Still no luck on the TRu ML 3 packs but I'll keep ya posted. Other than that I'm planning on going to see TF2 on IMAX tommorow if all goes well. If anyone else is free, lmk.
Glad to see you back...

Reaction score
Vanderstelt

Jerry Vanderstelt has some great pieces...Including this one Slave Leia and even though its a 1 of 1 card and its beautiful...but not for the price, especially for something the size of a baseball card ...

Reaction score

echoplex said:

I got my new SW figures today and they all look pretty good.

Glad to hear they came. I'm a little upset. The new wave is shipping, that means they should be hitting the pegs in a week or two, and I havent seen any figs from the last wave except one lone Admiral Peitt which I was lucky to snag.

Where the hell are they at???

Reaction score
Re: Vanderstelt

Tusken_Raiders said:
Jerry Vanderstelt has some great pieces...Including this one Slave Leia and even though its a 1 of 1 card and its beautiful...but not for the price, especially for something the size of a baseball card ...
Thats nice, but can get a blue clone, dewback and a blackhole bust for that price.

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
echoplex said:
It took me a minute ti get through all the previous posts but I'm all caught up mow. lol I got my new SW figures today and they all look pretty good. Glad to hear they came. I'm a little upset. The new wave is shipping, that means they should be hitting the pegs in a week or two, and I havent seen any figs from the last wave except one lone Admiral Peitt which I was lucky to snag. Where the hell are they at???
I'll send you a text on the location of the ESB wave.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
JEDI_MERC said:
echoplex said:
It took me a minute ti get through all the previous posts but I'm all caught up mow. lol I got my new SW figures today and they all look pretty good. Glad to hear they came. I'm a little upset. The new wave is shipping, that means they should be hitting the pegs in a week or two, and I havent seen any figs from the last wave except one lone Admiral Peitt which I was lucky to snag. Where the hell are they at???
I'll send you a text on the location of the ESB wave.
Thanks

Reaction score

Want to say a BIG THANKS to Darthbill for taking & paying for the Transformers 2 movie...I must admit it was pretty good, however, I thought that the first one was a little better...However, we do see more Megan in this one and DAMN is she SMOKIN HOTT...Overall I must say a solid B+/A-

Reaction score

Here's something a friend of mine gave me so I scanned it to share it with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.