VEGAS Collectors #17: HAPPY 2009...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: New GIJOE

Tusken_Raiders said:
echoplex said:
For those that are interested, the new figures for the movie has a street date of July 11, 2009. Also here is a pic of another recycled toy from the 80's making a return.

Isn't that Recondo??? Thats a sweet set, I'll get this when it comes...
It sure is Recondo. The hat, rifle, and bandolier are unmistakable.
Question is will he be Tiger Forceor the same one being released in the 7 pack like Outback.

Reaction score
Re: New GIJOE

echoplex said:
The Bills are desperate for offense. They didn't do to well w/ free agency this year as they lost out to other teams and their drafts have been nothing but busts so they are desperate for offense, really desperate.
I USED to be a Bills fan and let me say that this has been one of their best moves in a long time...Every single player that showed talent and their contract came up they would let them leave (Price, McGhaee, Spikes, Clements) just to name a few...

So I think a few things came up...First, their was a feeling that the Patriots were considering this (I dont care what ESPN, FOX say), but how sick would it have been with Moss, Owens & Welker...Second, name the wideouts in Buffalo (Lee Evans and who?)...Third the Bills need a spark, lots of job loss in New York state and what better way to get the whole nation to talk about an organization that no one talks about since the early 90's...Finally something outside Brady & the Patriots...

Reaction score
Major Score

I just got back from the Target by my house and had a major score at their grand opening this morning. I picked up the Sting Raider, Ghost Hawk, PP Conquest, and Best of the 80's dvd set. I passed on the Tiger Rat for now because I need another Wild Bill like I need a hole in my head. They didn't have much SW figures mostly wave 4 revision case. I did want the red arc and Grevious but I spent way too much today even with the $5 off coupon I got in the mail. I didn't check the comic packs which i should've but I can't remember if the Ewoks are Target or Walmart. I'm probably going to flip the DVD set to help pay for all this since I have a case coming on Wed.

Reaction score
Re: Major Score

Thanks for the heads-up Echo, got myself a Tiger Rat and and 80s DVD pack for a friend. Nice meeting you too man, look forward to seeing you around.

Reaction score

RogueLeader said:
Thanks for the heads-up Echo, got myself a Tiger Rat and and 80s DVD pack for a friend. Nice meeting you too man, look forward to seeing you around.
I t was good finally meeting you as well. We'll probably be seeing more of each other once the TRU opens up next door.

Reaction score

What Target are you speaking of? I drove by the one at Decature/215 but they looked no where near of being open?

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
What Target are you speaking of? I drove by the one at Decature/215 but they looked no where near of being open?
That one doesn't open until May. The new one is right behind my house on N. 5th street. Prices are pretty low to boot (Titaniums are $5.99 still) Here's a link to a map. Target

Reaction score

Saw The Watchmen today...I was great visual, the story was good...I would give it a 3.5 out of 5...Not a big fan you the [censored] scene and the blue 'wang' flapping around most of the time you see Dr. manhatten...

Reaction score

I downloaded the motion comic that came out a few days ago because I couldn't find my graphic novel so I could compare the movie to the original but haven't watched it yet. I also have a bootleg of the movie since I couldn't find anybody that wanted to go see it on Friday so I'll have to spend one of these days and watch them.

Reaction score

SDCC Update...ok, now its time to start panicing if you havent bought...4-day passes are 80% sold out...

Membership availability indicators have been added to the home page. 4-day passes are getting close...
Get your soon if you guys are going to at least 'preview night'...
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
SDCC Update...ok, now its time to start panicing if you havent bought...4-day passes are 80% sold out...

Membership availability indicators have been added to the home page. 4-day passes are getting close...
I ordered my SDCC pass unsure if I was going. Then the wife devised a plan for her parents to come out and hang with the boy so we can go to SD for the show!

Reaction score

Has anybody here heard about a list for the SDCC exclusives list from all the distributors?

Reaction score

echoplex said:
Has anybody here heard about a list for the SDCC exclusives list from all the distributors?
Not much yet...Only GG has their plans out...
Mattel has this listed on their site, "Ghostbusters" collectors can also look forward to 6-inch figures, with one debuting at San Diego Comic Con in July 2009. Sculpted by Four Horsemen Studios, the team currently working on Mattel's popular DC Universe™ Classics and Masters of the Universe® Classics collectible lines, the 6-inch line will come complete with authentic "Ghostbusters" equipment and ghost. They also have a heavy set black lady for the JLU line and Im sure they will also have a Master of the Universe & Cars exclusive...

Thats all so far, that I know of.

Reaction score

maxthesilent said:
Tusken_Raiders said:

I ordered my SDCC pass unsure if I was going. Then the wife devised a plan for her parents to come out and hang with the boy so we can go to SD for the show!

I knew wife was a little mischievous...Furthermore, I knew you would go to SDCC, no matter what DB says (j/k)...After 20 years, why end it now???

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
echoplex said:
Not much yet...Only GG has their plans out...
Mattel has this listed on their site, "Ghostbusters" collectors can also look forward to 6-inch figures, with one debuting at San Diego Comic Con in July 2009. Sculpted by Four Horsemen Studios, the team currently working on Mattel's popular DC Universe™ Classics and Masters of the Universe® Classics collectible lines, the 6-inch line will come complete with authentic "Ghostbusters" equipment and ghost. They also have a heavy set black lady for the JLU line and Im sure they will also have a Master of the Universe & Cars exclusive...

Thats all so far, that I know of.
I know it's the Ghostbusters anniversary this year so I guess that's why all the merchandise is starting to come out. I hear the JLU multi-pack at SDCC is going to be insane and they're keeping a tight lid on what characters they will be and Matty collector is going to have a ton of exclusives from all their lines coming out leading to SDCC so if you collect those lines you may end up going to SDCC broke. I also heard that Mattel is going after the Thudercats line which would be f#$king awesome. Still curious about GIJOE exclusive though.

Reaction score

Target on Craig stocked the Wave 11 revision 2 case today and even though my army building days are behind me, I've been wanting to get pairs of certain figures so I picked up a Red Ninja, CG, and Cobra Soldier. Walmart acroos the way got the new Voyager class TF and got another case of the Resolute and Collector 5 packs, so hurry up if you still need those. As far as SW goes nothing new in over a month.

Reaction score

Hey DB, you gonna start cheering for the Denver Broncos now that we have a bunch of the Eagles players? lol

P.S. I see you lurking all the time, if you spent the time to log-in then you should at least post and say hello once in while, we miss you on the boards.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
Hey DB, you gonna start cheering for the Denver Broncos now that we have a bunch of the Eagles players? lol

P.S. I see you lurking all the time, if you spent the time to log-in then you should at least post and say hello once in while, we miss you on the boards.
No Denver love from me my friend, I bleed Eagle Green. I like Dawkins don't get me wrong, but this kid we signed Jones from Cleveland is an upgrade over him. Doesn't bring the leadership, but hits just as hard. As for Buckhalter, you can have him. Any player that celebrates with the opposing team after losing a championship game doesn't deserve to wear Eagle Green. I spent alot of money to go to that NFC Championship game and seeing him do that made me wanna rush the field and hit him with his own helmet. I felt sick when we lost and had to walk out of that stadium with my tail between my legs and this guy is partying with the Cardinals. Good Riddence!!! Oh yeah, he tears his knee every other year so good luck with that.

Reaction score

The Eagles need to go after Holtor Harrison. The free agency window is getting smaller and Donavan is not a happy man.

Reaction score

darthbill said:
echoplex said:

No Denver love from me my friend, I bleed Eagle Green. I like Dawkins don't get me wrong, but this kid we signed Jones from Cleveland is an upgrade over him. Doesn't bring the leadership, but hits just as hard. As for Buckhalter, you can have him. Any player that celebrates with the opposing team after losing a championship game doesn't deserve to wear Eagle Green. I spent alot of money to go to that NFC Championship game and seeing him do that made me wanna rush the field and hit him with his own helmet. I felt sick when we lost and had to walk out of that stadium with my tail between my legs and this guy is partying with the Cardinals. Good Riddence!!! Oh yeah, he tears his knee every other year so good luck with that.
Spoken like a true east coaster...No orange crush, no ex-eagles love...only dislike...

Reaction score

echoplex said:
The Eagles need to go after Holtor Harrison. The free agency window is getting smaller and Donavan is not a happy man.
Marvin is way too old. We have 13 draft picks, There will be a trade, hopefully for Boldin or Braylon Edwards. And there will always be love for Dawkins, I watched the guy since he was drafted outta Clemson. I don't fault him for taking the money.

Reaction score

darthbill said:
echoplex said:
The Eagles need to go after Holt or Harrison. The free agency window is getting smaller and Donavan is not a happy man.
Marvin is way too old. We have 13 draft picks, There will be a trade, hopefully for Boldin or Braylon Edwards. And there will always be love for Dawkins, I watched the guy since he was drafted outta Clemson. I don't fault him for taking the money.
13 picks, but this draft class doesn't look too promising and do you trust youth over experience? They need proven players because they need to win now or next year you're not even going to know who's on the roster anymore because it's going to be rebuilding time and everyone you know will be released, traded, or go to free agency.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
Target on Craig stocked the Wave 11 revision 2 case today and even though my army building days are behind me, I've been wanting to get pairs of certain figures so I picked up a Red Ninja, CG, and Cobra Soldier. Walmart acroos the way got the new Voyager class TF and got another case of the Resolute and Collector 5 packs, so hurry up if you still need those. As far as SW goes nothing new in over a month.
Which wave has thoes Cobra Wraiths in them? I could never find them.

I want to get me one or two.

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
echoplex said:
Which wave has thoes Cobra Wraiths in them? I could never find them.

I want to get me one or two.
He was in Wave 10 and I've only seen him once at Walmart on Ft. Apache thanks to TR for giving me the heads up on him. I've never seen him ever again either. The problem was that wave came out and then wave 11 and 12 came out immediately after wave 10 hit so when stores reorder they just got in the newer waves or revision cases. I'm sure he be released again in one of the futre revision cases. I know he pretty easy to find on eBay because so many people ordered cases of wave 10 trying to score the clear variant.

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
"I bleed Eagle green" hahahahahahah love that quote.
DarthBil loves his Eagles so much that he could be an actor in one of those NFL merchandise commercials w/ the guy that bleeds Green Bay Packers colors. lol

Reaction score

Here's that list I was telling you about for JLU this year. There also supposed to be making Lobo. There's no way I can afford to get all these but damn there cool.

Here are the new line-ups announced at Comic-Con this weekend for Mattel’s JLU line (exclusive to Target in the US).

Wave 3 (March)
Singles:
-Booster Gold
-Parasite
-Green Lantern
-Dr. Fate
-Superman

3-Packs:
-Batman Beyond, Warhawk, Future Bruce Wayne
-Lex Luthor, Shade, Cheeta

Wave 4
Singles:
-Red Tornado
-Ultaman
-Volcana
-Zatana
-Batman

3-Packs:
-Amanda Waller, Batman, Gen. Eiling
-Blackhawk, Superman, Wonder Woman

Wave 5
Singles:
-OMAC
-Superman Red
-Superman Blue
-Aquaman (Orange shirt)
-Batman
-Deadshot

3-Packs:
-Mr. Miracle, Plastic Man, & Cyborg
-Black Vulcan, Apache Chief, & Samurai

MattyCollector.com Exclusives:
Legion of SuperHeroes (May 2009)
-Lightning Lad
-Cosmic Boy
-Brainiac 5
-Saturn Girl

Marvel Family (Aug 2009)
-Captain Marvel
-Black Adam
-Mary
-The Wizard

Other Tid-bits:
-Hourman & Owlman are coming
-Wonder Twins are possible
-Working on making a new Hal Jordan
-SDCC Multi-pack will blow us away

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
darthbill said:
echoplex said:

Spoken like a true east coaster...No orange crush, no ex-eagles love...only dislike...
Jersey Boy 4 life. lol
We east-coasters just like to break b.a.l.l.s. It's our way of being affectionate.

Reaction score
Ghostbusters

I just found some pics and these are really well done. Mattel and the Four Horsemen have outdone themselves once again. Mattel also is doing the animated series figures which were originally from Kenner which makes me wonder why Hasbro passed on this line.

Reaction score
Re: Ghostbusters

I will try to get the 12" Ghostbusters, pending on Dr. Venkman (Murray's character)...I also hope they make Zeddmore as well, the set wouldn't feel complete without him...

Reaction score
...And BOOM! goes the dynamite.

4 years in the making I finally get to my 2,500th post and get a new rank. Of course it will probably take me another 4 years to get ranked up again but I'm optimistic. lol

Zeddmore, Winston, and Zule are musts. I hear they have a Stay Puff Marshmallow man in the works already.

Reaction score
Re: ...And BOOM! goes the dynamite.

echoplex said:
4 years in the making I finally get to my 2,500th post and get a new rank. Of course it will probably take me another 4 years to get ranked up again but I'm optimistic. lol

Zeddmore, Winston, and Zule are musts. I hear they have a Stay Puff Marshmallow man in the works already.
Congrats on the 2500...It took me a year to get 1000 posts from the 5000 to the 6000...Im trying to get to 7500 by con...I just have to average 14 a day, easy to do if you on Wuher Cantina...

Also...Winston is Zeddmore, his name is Winston Zeddmore. I dont really care for Zuley...I would think about the Stay Puff, pending on size...

Reaction score

Had a brain fart there.
I meant Louis Tully aka Rick Moranis. I love his headset but I know he didn't want to be part of the Ghostbusters video game so I doubt he will let them use his likeness for an action figure.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
Had a brain fart there.
I meant Louis Tully aka Rick Moranis. I love his headset but I know he didn't want to be part of the Ghostbusters video game so I doubt he will let them use his likeness for an action figure.
Fuqk Rick Moranis..I still can't believe he just walked away from hollywierd...

Reaction score
Re: McFarlane Yanks

I went to Walmart at off the 95 to get an eye exam and they just stocked recently. The comic packs were cleaned out but they had a couple of cases worth of wave 5 so I picked up 3 Spacetroopers if anybody needs 1 they might still have them. No new Joe figures but I did find the FANG finally. I just need the Ninja Viper and Tiger Rat and I'll be up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.