VEGAS Collectors #17: HAPPY 2009...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
WOW..we havent finish a thread this quick in awhile...

Well I figure this will lead us from Dec 2008 to March/April 2009...

Reaction score
Re: The Doghouse.....

Wow!!! Beautiful collection! I wouldn't sell it unless it was darn near a life or death necessity. But, it is "most impressive."

Anyway...Target on Decature across from the Meadows mall has indy figs for $3.80. All kinds. Picked up a Dr. Henry Jones for T/R today.

And the KB in the outlet mall on Charleston has Halo 3 Kubrick set (4pack) priced at 19.99...marked down to 12.99...with the 30% off sale I got it for $9.00.

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
Wow!!! Beautiful collection! I wouldn't sell it unless it was darn near a life or death necessity. But, it is "most impressive."

Anyway...Target on Decature across from the Meadows mall has indy figs for $3.80. All kinds. Picked up a Dr. Henry Jones for T/R today.

And the KB in the outlet mall on Charleston has Halo 3 Kubrick set (4pack) priced at 19.99...marked down to 12.99...with the 30% off sale I got it for $9.00.
WOW...thats a good price for the Halo 3 set...and the Henry Jones...Thanks again J_M...

Reaction score

That is by far the best collection I have ever seen.

Reaction score
Re: Wolverine

There's a trailer up on myspace too, saw the whole thing,looks good except for the spot TR's talking about.

Reaction score
Re: Wolverine

O.K. now it works. F---ing bad a$$.

"I'm gonna cut ur head off, see if that works".

Reaction score
SNOW?! Here in Vegas!

Well, unless your a hermit living in Vegas, its snowing, what a shocker...very cool...I hope this happens again for Christmas & New Years...Man that would be so cool...

I hope you all are driving safe out there...

Reaction score
Re: SNOW?! Here in Vegas!

Tusken_Raiders said:
Well, unless your a hermit living in Vegas, its snowing, what a shocker...very cool...I hope this happens again for Christmas & New Years...Man that would be so cool...

I hope you all are driving safe out there...
yeah I totally biffed in the driveway while on my way out to take pictures.

There are so many wrecks between my house and 95 it's not funny. So definitely be careful - I just went to Vons across the highway and it's a zoo.

But great stuff for a Christmas picture - snow on the palm trees and on the floating duck chlorine dispenser in our pool!

Reaction score
Re: SNOW?! Here in Vegas!

I was on the back of a truck all day and boy am I wet (ba dum bum**rim shot**)

Seriously though, if I didn't know any better I would have thought I was back in Chicago.

Reaction score
Darth Maul statue

At Battlezone on Tropical in the Walmart parking lot, they have the Darth Maul animater/cartoon statue for sale. It's the one where he is holding the ball of blue flames in his hand, and has his double bladed saber in the other. The guy said he special ordered it for someone but they cancelled their order. I don't know what it goes for, but he had it marked for $85 and said if I wanted it he could let it go for $75. I'm not sure if it's a good deal as i'm not really into thoes things, but I know some of you guys are. Just passing it along

Reaction score
GOOD LUCK SITH702

Well Im not sure how many of you met Lewis - Sith702 and/or his wife. But I was told yesterday that they will be leaving Vegas to move to warm Colorado. Well I know that they are great people and they will be missed. They opened up thier home for a few gatherings and Sith had the most impressive collection that Ive seen in person.
Well, I want to thank them both for thier hospitality & wish them luck on thier move...
Im not sure if I will be going to SDCC this year, but I hope to see you soon..

Again, Good luck & May the force be with you.
Miguel - TR

Reaction score
Re: GOOD LUCK SITH702

Wow can't imagine leaving the bright lights of Vegas, but Colorado will be a nice change. Bring a shovel and get ready to become a health nut (depends on where in Colorado, but lots of health nuts out there). Well as TR said, we will always have San Diego. Although if this economy and job security doesn't turn around here in Vegas, I don't know that we will make Comic Con '09, but hopefully. Whatever you do and once you get settled make sure you keep us posted. Always wanted a reason to go to Aspen and play in the snow. Best of luck and if you a Jaq start a rock band and become famous don't forget the little people.

Reaction score
A trip down memory lane...

Saw this on another forum, but man, talk about a trip down memory lane...I used to sit by myself (or my cousin) and wish for all these toys...What I wanted, what I wanted Santa or moms to get me...To bad I cant have all this box & mint, I could retire...

Well check out the Sears catalogs from as early as 1971 to 1987...
Sears Toy Catalogs

Reaction score
Re: A trip down memory lane...

Tusken_Raiders said:
Saw this on another forum, but man, talk about a trip down memory lane...I used to sit by myself (or my cousin) and wish for all these toys...What I wanted, what I wanted Santa or moms to get me...To bad I cant have all this box & mint, I could retire...

Well check out the Sears catalogs from as early as 1971 to 1987...
Sears Toy Catalogs
Man, thanks for that link! Those catalogs were the shiznitz back in the day, because they'd come out in September and that was usually the first place you'd see anything new. The pain was that since they came out in September, and my birthday was in October, I devised schedules for gifts. However, neither Penny's nor Sears usually had any of the stuff in until Thanksgiving. So as I was told I had a bday gift of the Wampa, he didn't show up until almost Christmas! The two pages in those catalogs was basically my list to Santa every year and I miss those low-fi days when a catalog fueled my passion.

Reaction score

OMG that was cool. Star Wars, Gi Joe, Transformers and He-Man were the sh*t back in the day. I remember as a kid hoarding the catalogs as if my life depended on it.

That was awesome T/R.

Nice find.

Reaction score

No problem guys...I found it on another site...Sideshow collectors.com, but it was huge find...VH1 does those remember 70's, 80's & 90's, it always fun to look back on the past, it reminds us that we were young and the fun life was at that time. I know were not old, but life changed, even though we never thought it would...

Reaction score
Death Star for sale, good neighborhood, 3BR, 2 BA!

I'm just goofing off here, found an older picture in my flickr account. Have you ever heard of someone or known someone who put together a complete circle of Death Star playsets?
Someone gave me the idea at the Pittsburgh toy show back when I was selling every year. I managed to cobble together about 2 1/2 full sets for a half-dome, anyway. They're all packed up now, but when I had my own toy room here's howit was set up:

About being for sale, well, that's mostly a joke. I'd have to think reeeeeally hard about it, but given that it took me 12 years to complete one, it'd be a hard sell for me.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Reaction score
Re: Death Star for sale, good neighborhood, 3BR, 2 BA!

WOW...that is cool. I still remember getting mine in 1978 or 79'...God I miss being a kid.

Thnaks for the pic Orion...

Reaction score
Merry Christmas!!!

Well guys its been a long year...For me a very horrible year, but its the time to remember that we are all friends & family and I thank you for being there (some more than others)...Well I want to wish you all a great Merry Christmas (or whatever you celebrate) and an early Happy New Year...

Thanks DB & Princess Jane for swinging by today and thanks alot for the Kitty Doll for my little girl..

Reaction score
Re: Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! Well, the wife and I went to bed last night at 2:00A.M. after finishng wrapping presents and setting out the milk and cookies and stuff...kids woke us up at 5:00A.M. SHARP!!! My God, I had to have a Monster coffee even before my morning [censored] just to stay awake.

Hope everyone had a good and meaningful Christmas. And I hope God or Buddah, or Master Yoda or whoever you follow makes this next year a little easier on all of us.

A friend to everyone,

Paul

Reaction score
Re: Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Haunnakah/Feliz Christmas/Happy Navidad/Felicitious Dies Natalis Solis Invicti/Cheery Festivus/Pleasant Kwanzaa Y'all,

I hope everybody had a good morning and recieved what U wanted and your spouse/offspring (if applicable) did 2.

Spencer?:>}

Reaction score
Re: Post-Christmas blues

I don't quite know what to call it, but I kinda got the post-Christmas blues. Even though we had a good Christmas I know there aint' anymore presents coming, the toy shelves at the big stores are holding peg warmers, and they probably won't get any new stuff for a couple of weeks.

Guess i'll use this time to save a few $$$. I really want to get a case of the S/W Galaxy IV cards when they come out in Feb. Should be about $60. Plus I still have a pending sale with JEDIHUNTER for some figs for another $60 so I probably should take it easy for a bit.

Reaction score
Re: Post-Christmas blues

JEDI_MERC said:
I don't quite know what to call it, but I kinda got the post-Christmas blues. Even though we had a good Christmas I know there aint' anymore presents coming, the toy shelves at the big stores are holding peg warmers, and they probably won't get any new stuff for a couple of weeks.

Guess i'll use this time to save a few $$$. I really want to get a case of the S/W Galaxy IV cards when they come out in Feb. Should be about $60. Plus I still have a pending sale with JEDIHUNTER for some figs for another $60 so I probably should take it easy for a bit.
Yeah...the stores usually reset the shelves after christmas...I just hope to find some clearance items at Target, maybe some battlepacks, hopefully half off...

Which cards, can you post a link?

I havent seen or heard from JH...you might not see him for awhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.