Vegas #15...Winter-Spring Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Wave 3

Picked up some wave 3 today...

Salecumi (Neyo) clone Trooper, Yaddle, Imperial Engineer & ROTS Clone Trooper...No Jodo Kast
. I left one of each at WM (ft. apache & tropicana)...
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: Rogue Picnic

Long time no see everybody. Haven't really had too much to report since my funds are up and down for the most part and can't afford to buy stuff like I used to, but I wanted say Hi and I'm going to try and post reguraly so TR doesn't get lonely. lol

Good to be back.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: Wave 3

Tusken_Raiders said:
Picked up some wave 3 today...

Salecumi (Neyo) clone Trooper, Yaddle, Imperial Engineer & ROTS Clone Trooper...No Jodo Kast
. I left one of each at WM (ft. apache & tropicana)...
I want to pass on these but I also want the astromech parts. DAMN YOU HASBRO!!!
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: Top #31

Tusken_Raiders said:
Not sure why 31...but its a good read...

What is this???

THe top #31 bad [censored] scenes in the Star Wars saga...
Guess what is number one..
[censored] SCENES
I would have never guessed that scene as being #1.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Sideshiw strikes gold again

Well my favorite company does it again...Well if you haven't read the Sideshow treads or Sideshows newsletter...SS is going to release a very cool Vader/Antilles diorama...Check out the sneak peek..

Diplomatic Mission
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: Rogue Picnic

echoplex said:
Long time no see everybody. Haven't really had too much to report since my funds are up and down for the most part and can't afford to buy stuff like I used to, but I wanted say Hi and I'm going to try and post reguraly so TR doesn't get lonely. lol

Good to be back.
Hey Ech...whats new? Nice to see you back.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: Sideshiw strikes gold again

Tusken_Raiders said:
Well my favorite company does it again...Well if you haven't read the Sideshow treads or Sideshows newsletter...SS is going to release a very cool Vader/Antilles diorama...Check out the sneak peek..

Diplomatic Mission
I thought Hasbro was your favorite. lol


I saw it on the front page this afternoon but mine was a lot cheaper. lol

 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: Sideshiw strikes gold again

Speaking of dioramas, I've been playing with photoshop lately and added some flare to my poor man dioramas.

 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: Sideshiw strikes gold again

For those that don't open their figures or passed on this figure because of all the Luke figures we already own, the ROTJ Deleted scene Luke from the Legacy collection is in fact Death Star II Luke that all the fan boys have been asking for but I'm sure people will complain since his top button on his shirt is not undone.

 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: Sideshiw strikes gold again

Very nice shots...but Im starting to fall from hasbros graces (well except for GI joe)...but hasbro love is fading...
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: Sideshiw strikes gold again

Tusken_Raiders said:
Very nice shots...but Im starting to fall from hasbros graces (well except for GI joe)...but hasbro love is fading...
Well I still have much love for Hasbro as I still collect Transformers and the new Joe line, but I have given up on the Marvel Legend line and Star Wars just doesn't excite me in the same way as say the new Joe line. I don't really blame Hasbro because the figures have gotten better and the addition of long awaited figures being added means every year means they're listening to the fans but it almost feels like 1985 again when the OT was complete and they had the original POTF line out and interest in Star Wars was fading and the cartoon toys (G.I.Joe, Transformers, He-Man, etc.) took over the toy marketplace. POTF released some new figures and there was Ewoks and Droids, but the cartoon toys and cartoons to support them just took over our interest and imaginations. So it seems that history is repeating itself for me. Now, the whole saga is complete and we have the clone wars and I passed on all the Clone Wars figures just as I passed on POTF, Ewoks, and Droids in favor of Transformer and G.I.Joe. I still buy SW figures for the newer figures and new sculpts because I would love to see all the original 95 figures and never before released figures get the modern treatment. But, the new Joe line has really struck a chord with me and I will be really sad if the line fades away without giving all the '82-'86 figures the modern treatment. Those are the golden years for G.I.Joe and is what defines G.I.Joe to me, just like Generation 1 Transformers defines what Transformers was. So again, I don't blame Hasbro but blame the times. Star Wars is yesterdays news in short.
 
Joined
Mar 31, 2002
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Re: Sideshiw strikes gold again

I'm getting to that point with Hasbro, too, TR. Clone Wars just seems like a first ditch effort to keep the merchandising machine going. However, I'm lovin' me some SS lately as my Indy 12" exclusive just converted from a Wait List to a real live order! Hopefully Mystique will soon follow.

Not only am I 50/50 on Hasbro anymore, I'm even worse on GG. The Indy with idol bust, well, kinda blows. The face looks good from the side, but straight on, not so good. This is the same sculpt for the regular release Indy bust coming someday, just with a different arm, I think.

I was out hunting on Wednesday and the CW stuff is just sitting everywhere. I did find two of the Force Unleashed figs I never got in February. BTW, the demo of the game rocks and this may be the true big SW release of the year.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: Sideshiw strikes gold again

maxthesilent said:
I'm getting to that point with Hasbro, too, TR. Clone Wars just seems like a first ditch effort to keep the merchandising machine going. However, I'm lovin' me some SS lately as my Indy 12" exclusive just converted from a Wait List to a real live order! Hopefully Mystique will soon follow.

Not only am I 50/50 on Hasbro anymore, I'm even worse on GG. The Indy with idol bust, well, kinda blows. The face looks good from the side, but straight on, not so good. This is the same sculpt for the regular release Indy bust coming someday, just with a different arm, I think.

I was out hunting on Wednesday and the CW stuff is just sitting everywhere. I did find two of the Force Unleashed figs I never got in February. BTW, the demo of the game rocks and this may be the true big SW release of the year.
I finally bought an Xbox360 a few months ago so is the demo available on XBOX Live and do you need a gold membership to download it if it is available? I'm debating on where I should preorder from. I can get the framed print at blockbuster or get the delayed Force Unleashed stormtrooper commander from EB. Maybe I'll get both and return the game after collecting the preorder gift.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: Sideshiw strikes gold again

echoplex said:
I finally bought an Xbox360 a few months ago so is the demo available on XBOX Live and do you need a gold membership to download it if it is available? I'm debating on where I should preorder from. I can get the framed print at blockbuster or get the delayed Force Unleashed stormtrooper commander from EB. Maybe I'll get both and return the game after collecting the preorder gift.
My Xbox took a giant schitt...I had to send it to XBOX to repair it...So Im out of luck for the next month or so...I really wanted to play the download...

As for the 'exclusives'..well its no big deal which one you get, cause in about a year you either want to dump it or you can buy it off someone for change...Thats what make SW collecting hard, you break your wallet, car & back...only if you can wait and get the crap cheaper and easier down the road...
 
Joined
Mar 31, 2002
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Re: Sideshiw strikes gold again

The demo for the PS3 was free, I can only assume its the same for XBox.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top