Vegas #15...Winter-Spring Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Oh hells no!

LOL!!

I actually felt physically ill as she did that. However, I don't know if it was because of the act she committed or the act I'd commit if I were her soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend.

Reaction score

maxthesilent said:
LOL!!

I actually felt physically ill as she did that. However, I don't know if it was because of the act she committed or the act I'd commit if I were her soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend.
I felt ill as well...because of that evil act...I just hope the dude ended it...I hope he wasn't one of those dumb [censored] that get a little booty and think that is the only woman in the world for them...

Reaction score

Just saw the new 1st edition Clone War figs on one of the threads and I'm not too excited about them. What's the difference between them and the regular ones?

Reaction score

Hey guys, Target Boca will NOT pull out the Falcon for you, but the Target on Flamingo / 215 will. $161.61 total. DON'T EVEN ASK FOR THE AT-TE BECAUSE THAT'S ASKING FOR TROUBLE WITH THE STREET DATE SLAPPED ON IT.

087-06-0877 DPCI # for the Falcon.

Reaction score

Got my BMF this morning. Targets on W Craig and Sky Pointe (215/Frontage) won't pull it, but I lucked out at 95/Cheyenne.

Reaction score
Re: Only if Padme was really this stacked

You seen the Celebration Japan Print? I want that really bad.

Reaction score
Re: Only if Padme was really this stacked

Yes, that print is really nice... probably won't get my hands on one, but it is nice.

Reaction score
Question

Hey Gambler...did you ever get that Dorman print?

Also.. were all about a week out from SDCC..are we still planning to drive at the same time???

Reaction score
Re: Question

Miggy, I'm flying and this time I won't be a [censored] dumb a$$ and sit at the wrong gate!

I am leaving Tuesday and returning Sunday.

Reaction score

Hey..Madge..Is that the guy you told me about on the front page of Rebelscum..with the (clears throat) cool info???

I'lll be returning on Friday night...

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:

Also.. were all about a week out from SDCC..are we still planning to drive at the same time???

Well I did win the print and hope I get it soon (before the Con). I have not heard back from Dave nor gotten any idea if he has shipped it or not. I am wondering if he is in Japan.

We will be leaving Wednesday morning between 6a-8a...but who knows for sure. Give us a call when you are on the road and see if we are close by.

Reaction score

Question....anyone in Vegas selling any glass displays? I have this for my vintage and was wondering if anyone would want to meet up and sell off or lead me in the right direction to buy a glass display like the one I have in my picture(or a cabinet like it).I want to keep the cost as low as possible on buying one and I can use my truck to pick it up.

PM me with any leads or offers.

thank you

K.

Reaction score

Im not sure if any of you have seen the video played on youtube of a guy's fiancee that destroys his PF Biker Scout...Well I guess the joke is on us...

Apparently, rebelscummer JoshEEE played a joke on the Scum community (ala Punk'd)...So, if you to voice your displeasure..chime in on the Sideshow thread...

Reaction score

So I saw TDK last night. It was pretty awesome. The perfect middle, you know, if they keep it at a trilogy. Think Empire Strikes Back, but with Batman. We've all seen the first 5 minutes by now, if you haven't, then you aren't trying very hard. If you thought Joker was burtal there, you are in for quite a surprise. His post-heist introduction is brutal and demented. Ledger really did a bang-up job with this character. I'd hate to say he deserves an Oscar for it, it's still just a summer action flick. The only reason you know it's Ledger is because he's dead. If he were still alive, you would totally forget who was under the paint.

The movie itself is excellent all around. The returning cast is great and Gyllenhal does a good job taking over for Mrs. Cruise. Eckhart does good playing both Dent and Two-face. The Two-face make up is awesome, well, I think it's CG, if it's make up, then that's Oscar worthy in itself. Either way, it looks awesome.

It's kind of hard to describe the movie without too many spoilers. That and I didn't get to bed til 1 so I'm only half thinking at the moment. I think you guys will like it, if you like Batman and/or Batman Begins, you should really enjoy this movie.

Reaction score

Creeping_Fear said:
Question....anyone in Vegas selling any glass displays? I have this for my vintage and was wondering if anyone would want to meet up and sell off or lead me in the right direction to buy a glass display like the one I have in my picture(or a cabinet like it).I want to keep the cost as low as possible on buying one and I can use my truck to pick it up.

thank you

K.
Actually were did you get yours??? I really want 2 of them and RC Wiley's sucks...

Reaction score

Gambler said:
Tusken_Raiders said:

Well I did win the print and hope I get it soon (before the Con). I have not heard back from Dave nor gotten any idea if he has shipped it or not. I am wondering if he is in Japan.

We will be leaving Wednesday morning between 6a-8a...but who knows for sure. Give us a call when you are on the road and see if we are close by.
Yeah..I PM'd him through EBAY and he told me he will sale me a AP print...but I replied and nothing yet...

Also, I dont think he is at CJ...He was on the list..but Im not 100% sure..

Reaction score

DarthJaq said:
So I saw TDK last night. It was pretty awesome. The perfect middle, you know, if they keep it at a trilogy. Think Empire Strikes Back, but with Batman. We've all seen the first 5 minutes by now, if you haven't, then you aren't trying very hard. If you thought Joker was burtal there, you are in for quite a surprise. His post-heist introduction is brutal and demented. Ledger really did a bang-up job with this character. I'd hate to say he deserves an Oscar for it, it's still just a summer action flick. The only reason you know it's Ledger is because he's dead. If he were still alive, you would totally forget who was under the paint.

The movie itself is excellent all around. The returning cast is great and Gyllenhal does a good job taking over for Mrs. Cruise. Eckhart does good playing both Dent and Two-face. The Two-face make up is awesome, well, I think it's CG, if it's make up, then that's Oscar worthy in itself. Either way, it looks awesome.

It's kind of hard to describe the movie without too many spoilers. That and I didn't get to bed til 1 so I'm only half thinking at the moment. I think you guys will like it, if you like Batman and/or Batman Begins, you should really enjoy this movie.
I didnt want to read your post..but I did take a peek...Im going this friday morning...I cant wait...

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
Creeping_Fear said:

thank you

K.
Actually were did you get yours??? I really want 2 of them and RC Wiley's sucks...
I got mine from an art store that went ou of business and I got it for FREE!

Reaction score

Creeping_Fear said:
Tusken_Raiders said:
Creeping_Fear said:

thank you

K.
I got mine from an art store that went ou of business and I got it for FREE!
WOW...what a steal!!!

Reaction score
THE DARK KNIGHT

DarthJaq said:

What a fanatastic movie...I dont really want to say more than DarthJaq has said...But is simply amazing..

Reaction score
Re: THE DARK KNIGHT

Well we will be at Red Rock tonight for the 9:50 showing if anyone cares to see it again.

Other than that... the count down to Comic-Con and some much needed vacation time... almost there!

Reaction score

I'm still mulling over so much of it, but, a day later, it still amazes me in its scope and contents. It is true to everything that makes Batman a great character and it takes its audience serious (no pun intended) too. No rehash of Batman's origin nor why he does what he does. Simply Batman living and operating in the world he created, sharing equal parts of Gotham City with Harvey Dent and Jim Gordon. All three, diametrically opposed but sharing the same goal of something to believe in, something to give them and their lives, better days.

The Dark Knight makes me believe in Harvey Dent, and Batman, and Chris Nolan.

Reaction score

maxthesilent said:
I'm still mulling over so much of it, but, a day later, it still amazes me in its scope and contents. It is true to everything that makes Batman a great character and it takes its audience serious (no pun intended) too. No rehash of Batman's origin nor why he does what he does. Simply Batman living and operating in the world he created, sharing equal parts of Gotham City with Harvey Dent and Jim Gordon. All three, diametrically opposed but sharing the same goal of something to believe in, something to give them and their lives, better days.

The Dark Knight makes me believe in Harvey Dent, and Batman, and Chris Nolan.
Well said Max..

Reaction score
Re: SDCC

Tomorrow's workday does not seem so exciting, but at least it will be the last workday before SDCC!

Just hope I find parking...it has me really wishing I was at the Omni again

Reaction score

Gambler said:
Tomorrow's workday does not seem so exciting, but at least it will be the last workday before SDCC!

Just hope I find parking...it has me really wishing I was at the Omni again
I wish I was at Omni too...

Reaction score

Creeping_Fear said:

Check Walker Furniture. I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I got an 8-shelf, front-close sliding door display for $300 (marked down from 1200) with only a cracked corner on the bottom of the mirror. They have good deals like that in the outlet section, just north of the main store on MLK. North of that is the extreme outlet tent, which sometimes has better deals than that, but it's hit or miss.
I've seen a couple all-glass displays like that at Walker since I started checking. Their main store has a few, but you're looking at $700-plus for some of those.

Good luck!

Reaction score

Anyone interested in selling a signed Pan's Labrynth signed bust let me know. I've got a CW Yoda key for trade and cash.

Thanks,
Pat

Reaction score

How did everyone do today? I got a set of Clone Wars 1st edition figs. Does anyone have a list of all the 1st day issue figs? This series is going to be expensive if every figure released today has a 1st day version as well.

Reaction score
SDCC

Well I got back last night...Want to say a very BIG THANKS to Darthbill & mainly his girlfriend for letting me come along and dealing with my handicap.

Had a pretty good time (especially for someone in a wheelchair for Con)...Took lots of pics of toys, people & the freaks...

My trip...Wednesday (preview Night)..WOW what a madhouse...Hasbro did a good job on thier exclusives (that night only)...2 Cobra Commanders (period), 4 of pretty much every exclusive, oh for the whole con. But the scalpers were prepared and brought the clan to help...I guess I will never fault them, Hasbro helps out with a variant Cobra Commander, which is going for $80-100, and Im sure that it will go up more within the year (Im happy I got one)..the sad part is that this figure was sold out by thursday evening (so friday - sunday, had no chance)...

The one benefit I had was since I was in a wheelchair I didnt have to wait the main entrance line...But even with a head start, lots of the 'exhibitors' buy two badges ('exhibitor' & 'regular' passes), so they get in line well before the rest do and the lines are HUGE...mainly at Mattel, Hasbro....Mattel was also a pain, people were buying the Cars excluisves by the case (I saw a guy with 4 cases of them)...I figured 1 is enough, but I can always try the next day...Big mistake. Wednesday was cool, I got the majority of exclusives I wanted...The best was Sideshow, in which I pre-ordered almost $2000 worth of stuff (ie. 12" Vader Ex., PF Tusken, etc.), SS had so much cool items, I was drooling at every stop...later at Gentle Giant we ran into Sith702 & DathJaq (it was a shame that we didnt see them for the rest of our trip, Im sure you guys did well)...

The most surprising thing at con was the Gentle Giant line...People were buying 3-5 Anakin bust with no sweat...Last year, people were ready to burn down thier convention area...Gentle Giant also had some fantastic stuff coming in the future...(Stormtrooper Statues, Fett diorama, Fett Maquette, Clone Wars Maquettes and lots of new busts)...

Thursday...Well since we (darthbill & gf) didnt have to wait the HUGE line...we had breakfast and started the day nice and easy...I know that other vegas scummers were first in line (I hope you guys got what you wanted)...Again, went to Mattel and the 'exhibitors' were already there because (preview night) Mattel was only selling CARS, so thursday they were selling the other items (Lobo, He-Man, Giganta)...So I went to get some free garb, toynami (want the Furturama Exclusive)...Spent alot of time in 'Artist Alley', spoke with Star Wars artists Matt Busch, Tom Hodges, marc Wolfe, Allison Sohn, Grant Gould & Dave Dorman...I bought a couple of prints from Busch and Dorman...

Hasbro went to giving out tickets in the second floor in the morning and again in the afternoon...The lines were still f-ing crazy. I didnt go back to Hasbro (thank god)...Since I already had what I needed it...The sad part is again, if you didnt now this, your going to spend at least 30-60 mintues in line to get a ticket to get in line to buy. So, once you get you ticket you have to go to the the hasbro line at your designated time, which again is about 30-90 mintues long (and then again, having to hope the item you after doesnt get scalped..). So literaly you can take 1-3 hours to get something at Hasbro. Now mind you con is only open for 7 hours, you can waste upto a third of a day in line at one vendor...

Later that day...we ran into Maxthesilent, nice to see you bro...Im glad you had a great trip...the reat of the day we spent looking around...lots of stuff to take in..

Went to eat some mexican food that night...beautiful view and free (well most of it), thanks again Jane. However, I fumigated the room when it wanted to come out...Sorry bro...

Reaction score

Friday...well again, we started late...Had a wonderful breakfast (love chorizo & eggs)...However, we were late and paid for it...But it was cool, again took lots of pics, gots some garb, sketches from Hasbro designers, took a pic with Amy Allen, tried to take a pic with Ray Park (but got sick of waiting)...Bought some last minute items...

Never been to San Diego Airport...man that place is small...so it was easy when I got to fly out..

Well until next year...I hope to see more panels next year (this years sucked)...

Reaction score

awing said:
How did everyone do today? I got a set of Clone Wars 1st edition figs. Does anyone have a list of all the 1st day issue figs? This series is going to be expensive if every figure released today has a 1st day version as well.
This year...Im going to be very cheap with hasbro...Im only buying choice figures, not only that..no more MOC figs for me...

I only bought Wave 2 (Saesee Tiin, Scuba Trooper, QUad..etc), Bane, Ewoks, heavy girl & Target exclusive figure...I also bought animated figures Grievous & Rex...as cheap as I want to be I still dropped $140...I want the AT-TE so bad...but I wait..

Reaction score

I gotta make it there one year just to experience everything for myself. I did a morning run and got a few 1st issue figs at Walmart on decatur. There were still a bunch left (mostly clone wars 1st issue). When I got a few figs, one of the workers saw what I had, he then took some of the remaining 1st issues and threw them in a cart and left. I just need a Chewbacca and I'm caught up.

Reaction score
What a Sunday!!

Well what can I say about Sunday...been 2 years since I have been to Comic-Con on Sunday, but it may very well turned out to be the best day.

We got there around 6:30am (for parking) and slept in the car until around 8:50am and then went to try to get into the hall. Well instead of waiting outside we went to the badge pick-up area for Sunday and attempted to get a ticket for the Mattel booth in the Autograph Hall. Only to find out... they decided not to do tickets for Sunday and it was 1st come, 1st serve again....well they were holding the lines outside until 9:30am, but we walked from Sails down around to where the morning line was and right into the hall. Pretty easy...made it Mattel where only Exhibitors were in line and got what we needed. Pretty good start, so we decided to go see Dave Dorman where he was about out of all his prints so he pulled out his "Dewback Patrol" print from 1997 and managed to pick that up which will go nicely with the "Wastelands" print.

We then headed to our one panel for the day "Ghost Whisperer" which my wife watches and Jennifer Love Hewitt was a "no show" due to personal issues, but they handed about 200 signed photos of her out at the panel which was pretty cool.

From there we stopped by ACME to check on the raffle and was told it would be held at 4pm, so we went back by Gentle Giant to check on the 3PM Jabba Package Raffle... well...

We WON! (yes, the wife won!) It was pretty crazy... I thought of all the things Gentle Giant we don't have this was a pretty nice win. We actually picked up everything while at the show (better than having it shipped) but a little heavy to tote around so we dropped that off.

We spent the rest of the day on photos, but it has been a nice slow day at show with lots of nice opportunities. (To think we almost skipped Sunday for the Animal Park)

The other days at the show were good too, but I think we are a bit tired of waking up a 3am to get to the show each day by 4am. It was nice to see our Vegas crew still holding the front of the line. I figure...if we are gonna be early...might as well be 1st. Well...we hit the road back to Vegas in the morning, but a good show all and all.

Now we just need to have the post Con wrap-up lunch!

PS - Nope we didnt win the ACME Raffle, but it should be a ticket from Sunday judging by the number...we were 10 off.

Status
Not open for further replies.