Vdubbin2001

Reaction score
I have joined this forum to give a very sincere thanks to all for the support and genuine friendship to Dean and his family during this past months.
I,and his mom,have read the posts over and over and just can not get over how un-self centered the scummers are and it just gives us a smile to know Dean was part of this group.
Again the both of us give you our thanks and God bless all of you.

Dennis and Tu Pedersen

"THIS FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE"

Reaction score
i never got to meet dean in person, but i have traded figures with several people who said he was a truly great guy.

i was completely saddened when i first learned of his story. i did a search on his posts here at rebelscum, to try and get some background, and saw that he was just one of the guys... looking for toys, and helping out others in need. just like the rest of us.

i then noticed around july that his posts stopped. then, awhile later, is when amy first posted about dean's health and the beginning of his story. then in just a few short months, he had already left us.

as a father of a young child, i cannot help but wonder how your family is getting through this, and how incredibly strong amy must be. his story has put a new perspective in me. whenever i am down because of something that happened at work, or because i was unable to win a stupid ebay auction, or some other completely insignificant thing that may seem significant to someone at the time... i just think of dean and what he went through the last few months of his life, and what his family had to deal with.

it always makes think twice, and to remember what is really important in life, and what really matters. even though i never met him, i'll always remember dean for that reason, and give thanks to him for that.

Reaction score
I'm always amazed by how something like Star Wars collecting can be so much more than just toy hunting.

It can create friendships, long lasting ones.
Most of my best friends I have are because of my favorite hobby. The guys from Bedrock, (the former)Voyager Toys, we're like our own little extended family.
And, as it is with real family, it hurts when you lose someone. I never had the pleasure of meeting Dean in person, but I did get some Cars for him only a few months ago. So knowing I did some little something for him & his kids that made them happy is really special for me.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family.
And my best wishes to all in the future.

Reaction score
I know and have met both of the two guys that have posted above and we do have a kinship of sorts. Most of us come here to help someone else find that thing they are looking for.

Mr. Pederson, for you and Amy to come here to let us know what is going on with Dean just proves what an awesome family he has. You have interest in your son and it shows in the man that you raised. A good man.

I'm a doctor, and I've seen many faced with much more adversity do worse. When I visited him at St. Luke's he was the same Dean that I've known, minus the limbs. We spent most of our time trying to figure out what season the crappy ESPN NFL highlights were on the TV. It wasn't much different from the times we ran into each other and shot the breeze. I was saving my visits for the rehab phase for some field trips to TRU or Target.

Amy is an angel. I can't say more than that. I hope the baby is okay.

GBU

Reaction score
I also wanted to say that I have had the pleasure of meeting all three of the posters after Mr. Pederson and have been helped many times by them(especially by GBU!)!

They, along with Dean, who had helped me countless times over the past two years are what make the Houston area collectors and Rebelscum such a special place to me.

I wanted to thank you as well Mr. and Mrs. Pederson, for raising such an awesome son. From the story Amy told us in the beginning, I knew Dean was a fighter.

God bless you guys.

Reaction score
I've had the pleasure of meeting Dean together with Jacob, about a year or so ago - when Darth Bryan organized a "rebelscummers" outing at the Marque. He came across as such a soft-spoken and gentle person, and so good with Jacob. I never got to know Dean very well, but when I found out about his illness with Amy's initial posts, I was utterly shocked and saddened.

Amy is one very special lady, with incredible strength and her love for Dean just reverberates with each and every post she wrote on rebelscum as well as caringbridge.com. And I remember reading in one of her posts that you, Dean's dad, had been driving her daily to see Dean - Dean was blessed to have such a great family, just as all of you were blessed with Dean.

As a parent myself, I cannot imagine how strong you and your wife must be to see Dean go through so much in the past few months. I just wish that I can do more to help Amy and the children...

Reaction score
Dean was a super cool guy who "hooked" me up with Star Wars toys countless times over the last 3-4+ years. I am still shocked, and at a loss for words as it seems like yesterday when we first met. From the first time I heard he was sick, Dean and his whole family have been in my thoughts and prayers. You guys endured sooo much(pregnancy, highs and lows, etc.) over the last 4+ months and I know God gave yall the strength needed to go through such a unimaginable hard time. If you guys ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask!

My deepest condolences.

John