Vandor Playset

Reaction score
Wal Mart now has a page up for the Kessel Mine Playset. It ain't in stock yet and it will cost about $40.00.

It's officialy titled Solo: A Star Wars Story Force Link 2.0 Kessel Mine Escape Walmart Exclusive Playset.
Having trouble finding this on walmart.com

Reaction score
I'm passing on this. Since the initial burst of fun we had with the Vandor set it's been sitting in a corner for months. Frankly the cardboard set up isn't all that durable the "it" factor just isn't there.

Reaction score
For me its the choice of locales for the sets. I loved the movie, but, eh, Vandor and Kessel don't do much for me in that "I'd like to own that" department. That and I'm not crazy about the front/back layout of the sets. It seems to create unnecessary depth, which makes (I'd imagine) finding a good place to put it a little difficult.

I do hope they make some OT sets before they decide to make their usual war-cry of "playsets don't sell. Here's some mashers, etc. instead." :p

Reaction score
For me its the choice of locales for the sets. I loved the movie, but, eh, Vandor and Kessel don't do much for me in that "I'd like to own that" department. That and I'm not crazy about the front/back layout of the sets. It seems to create unnecessary depth, which makes (I'd imagine) finding a good place to put it a little difficult.

I do hope they make some OT sets before they decide to make their usual war-cry of "playsets don't sell. Here's some mashers, etc. instead." :p
Yep some OT or even PT stuff would be great. An Endor battle set would be cool.

Reaction score
I would totally buy that. Hell, pretty much any cardboard set from the OT or PT in this style would be a must-have for me. If they re-did the Palitoy Death Star that would be beyond cool.

Reaction score
well thankfully Hasbro listened are we're getting a MUCH cooler TVC Jabba's Palace playset in thickly sculpted plastic with excellent realistic detail - so, I truly hope these "play board" sets are a thing of past from now on.

Reaction score
So that 30% of $49.99? That would be about $35. In the store they are 39.99. Wish I could get 30% off of the store price. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I bet they go on clearance soon, maybe after Easter. This 30% off was probably a last ditch effort before clearance.

Reaction score
I bet they go on clearance soon, maybe after Easter. This 30% off was probably a last ditch effort before clearance.
I was going to bite on the 30% off of $39.99 but I will try to wait a little longer.

Reaction score
I need this to be on serious mark-down because I really only want the gate. I'd be delighted to give the rest away to someone for free.

Reaction score
Still holding out on this... Any new coupons for this?

Reaction score
I think 20 bucks is making me interested in this. Especially since I have Enfys Swoop, the Vandor 4 pack, Rio, Val, Beckett, and an additional range trooper. For a display piece plus the pack in figure I think its worth it. This also looks much better than the Kessel set.

Reaction score
Yeah, I may grab this now that it's $20. Hmmm.....even though all I want is the gate. Anyone else want the rest?

Reaction score
I think technically, it's a sale price not a clearance mark down. I'm assuming it will go back up to full price next week. Maybe someday it will be marked down for clearance. The thing is, this sale price is 60% off. For me, a 50% mark down is my threshold to bite, so this is a no brainier for me. Of course it depends on how much I really want it I suppose.

Reaction score
Picked one up yesterday. I was unsure about the cardboard setup, but its good thick cardboard. The graphics printed on are nice looking. Assembly was a bit of a pain (I think Ikea made the directions for it...) but it does seem sturdy once all is said and done. I left a range trooper on one of the side of the train pegs to see if it holds. Then I just need to figure out where the deuce im gonna put this thing!