Vandor Playset

Reaction score
Just hit a third target out of morbid curiosity. Vandor sitting on the shelf. Not even attempting to buy it this time

Reaction score
I was denied last Sunday. And since, I've seen it on the shelf at every other Target Ive been to. Supposedly the street date is 8/5.
Street dates are so obnoxious, Hasbro acts like they are holding back the golden gates or something. A freaking cardboard playset from a movie that's been out for MONTHS, but we MUST have a street date :|. Anything after the initial release of a movie line should be immediately put out for sale on the floor. I don't understand how distribution and now actual sale of items can be so poorly executed. It's insult to injury this playset wasn't released when the movie came out. They would have sold more undoubtedly.

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to purchase the set, short of a manager override. While it's not a rumor, it's technically still 'unreleased'.:\

Reaction score
Street dates are so obnoxious, Hasbro acts like they are holding back the golden gates or something. A freaking cardboard playset from a movie that's been out for MONTHS, but we MUST have a street date :|. Anything after the initial release of a movie line should be immediately put out for sale on the floor. I don't understand how distribution and now actual sale of items can be so poorly executed. It's insult to injury this playset wasn't released when the movie came out. They would have sold more undoubtedly.
Hasbro is trying to **** off the last two Star Wars customers they have left.

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to purchase the set, short of a manager override. While it's not a rumor, it's technically still 'unreleased'.:\
i purchased it two days ago, but only because there were two on the shelf and the lead in the store took care of the hassle. I can confirm it was register locked.

Reaction score
Unless its the release date for the line itself or the home release of the movie, these shouldn't have street dates. Hasbro and retailers need to realize that holding merchandise can and will result in lost sales. For an item like this, they should welcome the people interested in purchasing them. I don't collect playsets, but I do want that damn Chewie figure - wish those goggles came with the basic release.

Reaction score
Unless its the release date for the line itself or the home release of the movie, these shouldn't have street dates. Hasbro and retailers need to realize that holding merchandise can and will result in lost sales. For an item like this, they should welcome the people interested in purchasing them. I don't collect playsets, but I do want that damn Chewie figure - wish those goggles came with the basic release.
The street dates are specifically for making sure product is on the shelves as a workaround retail's love affair with efficiency analytics crap. The blu ray for Solo is coming out September 25th so this is a decent time to do a soft launch for the rest of the line. The issue is Target putting product on the shelves before they are supposed to.

Reaction score
I assumed the issue is simply equating "street" date w/ "(re)set" date. If reset of isle is done w/new tags and product put out then there should not be an issue IMHO

Reaction score
I assumed the issue is simply equating "street" date w/ "(re)set" date. If reset of isle is done w/new tags and product put out then there should not be an issue IMHO
I'm with you. If it's on the shelves then the stores should sell them.

Reaction score
^ let me add...as long as it is not "street" dated set by manufacturer, but yes, sell it if it's a store created "(re)set" date deadline and put on shelf before said date

Reaction score
The Target gods smiled upon me today and I was granted permission by the Grand Bullseye to buy the Vandor set. He consulted with Darth Vader first, it was a very difficult process trying to give Target $45 for a piece of cardboard.

Reaction score
Indy, haha, that being said, how is it? Now that you have it in hand, how does it display with TVC figures as opposed to the 5POA? Just curious if you could put some pictures up of how you'll set it up. Of course, we have zero TVC SOLO figures available so far, I just realized this.

Reaction score
I have to make some room before I assemble this thing because it looks sizable. I don’t want to have to take it apart because I don’t want to ruin it. Having said that the cardboard is very sturdy.

Reaction score
Wow, I was skeptical before, but this thing is awesome. My first thought was that it was going to be similar quality to the POTF2 cantina or jabba's palace, but it's way better. Way sturdier. Cardboard thickness is like high-quality board games. Very sturdy when put together. Sturdy enough to support the rangetrooper standing horizontal. If Hasbro keeps making these things, I will for sure buy them at this price.

Reaction score
Indy, haha, that being said, how is it? Now that you have it in hand, how does it display with TVC figures as opposed to the 5POA? Just curious if you could put some pictures up of how you'll set it up. Of course, we have zero TVC SOLO figures available so far, I just realized this.
How in the world would figure articulation make any difference?

Reaction score
Make the dio look 100% better! A figure that could crouch on the train looks better than standing straight up.

Reaction score
Make the dio look 100% better! A figure that could crouch on the train looks better than standing straight up.

I get that but the post I quoted made it sound like somehow you couldn't use super articulated figures with the set.

Reaction score
I just don't get why the Range trooper wasn't sculpted to be poised (even a little) to look like the ones in the backdrop. I realize that's picking straws given the limitations of the figure line, but if Hasbro's even went through the trouble of making the Mudtroopers (in the multipack) look decent and not this one is a little beyond me. I suppose we collectors just digress back to the same ol' 5POA vs. SA discussion once more. :p

Reaction score
I just don't get why the Range trooper wasn't sculpted to be poised (even a little) to look like the ones in the backdrop. I realize that's picking straws given the limitations of the figure line, but if Hasbro's even went through the trouble of making the Mudtroopers (in the multipack) look decent and not this one is a little beyond me. I suppose we collectors just digress back to the same ol' 5POA vs. SA discussion once more. :p
mythical deity I hope not!!! It's basically a coke vs pepsi scenario at this point lol!

Reaction score
picked up this playset yesterday at my local Target. Haven't had a chance to put it together yet.. hopefully tonight.

Reaction score
I got this today and put it together tonight. It took over an hour to put this thing together.

Pictures don't do it justice. It is a pretty genius playset. One side is the train heist, with the front of the train kind of coming out of the background. It has foot pegs on the top and the side so you can have your range troopers climbing around it. The other side is the path to and the gate for the holding pen that holds the Falcon. Each side is distinct and has alot of play value. We dont quite have the figures for these scenes, but when we do this will be a fun set.

Reaction score
I've had this one waiting for the goggles for months lol

Reaction score
Anyone that's planning to pick this up but isn't interested in 5 POA, I'll buy / trade for the Chewie figure.

Reaction score
I got this today and put it together tonight. It took over an hour to put this thing together.

Pictures don't do it justice. It is a pretty genius playset. One side is the train heist, with the front of the train kind of coming out of the background. It has foot pegs on the top and the side so you can have your range troopers climbing around it. The other side is the path to and the gate for the holding pen that holds the Falcon. Each side is distinct and has alot of play value. We dont quite have the figures for these scenes, but when we do this will be a fun set.
When you say "path to and the gate for the holding pen that holds the Falcon" do you mean that there is dedicated spot for a Falcon? Would you mind elaborating? If there is spot to park the "value" Falcon I may just go ahead and get this and the Falcon for a display.

Thanks!

Reaction score
When you say "path to and the gate for the holding pen that holds the Falcon" do you mean that there is dedicated spot for a Falcon? Would you mind elaborating? If there is spot to park the "value" Falcon I may just go ahead and get this and the Falcon for a display.

Thanks!
Ah disregard - I just saw YouTube video. There is not a "spot" for the Falcon.

Reaction score
There is no dedicated spot, though one could put the Falcon on the other side of the gate. That side of the playset represents the scene where they have to break through the gate, and L3-37 doesn't want anyone to watch her.

Reaction score
You've got my interest in these sets piqued. I'll have to figure out where I'd display them though since my shelves don't have much area for something as tall as these playsets.

Reaction score
Wow, I was skeptical before, but this thing is awesome. My first thought was that it was going to be similar quality to the POTF2 cantina or jabba's palace, but it's way better. Way sturdier. Cardboard thickness is like high-quality board games. Very sturdy when put together. Sturdy enough to support the rangetrooper standing horizontal. If Hasbro keeps making these things, I will for sure buy them at this price.

This solves the mystery of those clear pegged parts. I thought they were pieces vital for holding the playset together and Hasbro made them clear to avoid attracting attention to their ugliness. I now see their awesome purpose, that is a very cool feature. It's weird that they didn't set it up like that at SDCC. Makes the Magnetic Boot Troopers look legit

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'm likely going to put my amateur model making skills to the test again and maybe make create a plug for that hole ('wormhole') on the side of the mountain and make it blend in. The feature is cool and everything, but I can't help unthink those images of the old ILM matte paintings with the hole in the middle for the live-action composites. :p