Vandor Playset

Reaction score
When I think about ROTJ in retrospect, I think about how Solo was just a stone's throw away from the very individual who wanted him dead or alive on Tatooine when he first hooked up with Luke and Ben in ANH. Sure, Solo had his reasons for being on Tatooine, and so did the 'other' Solo in his situation as well. :D

Reaction score
When I think about ROTJ in retrospect, I think about how Solo was just a stone's throw away from the very individual who wanted him dead or alive on Tatooine when he first hooked up with Luke and Ben in ANH. Sure, Solo had his reasons for being on Tatooine, and so did the 'other' Solo in his situation as well. :D
That was "convenient". Han worked for Jabba, who was based on Tatooine. That's why he was there, to try to square things with Jabba after his failed delivery.

Reaction score
Found the playset at a local Target (Fremont, CA) but nothing else new except a fresh stock of BS Exclusive Chewie and Maz on Solo card. Looks like their reset is done, (all the clearance stuff got flushed out) and is next to the HW cars in the same aisle.

Reaction score
I found the Vandor playset yesterday at Target when looking for 6" Gam, but came up empty because the system wouldn't sell it. It's street-dated to 8/5. I was disappointed but not too bummed cuz this won't be hard to find. I was surprised to see it, literally 2 weeks after being leaked.

Reaction score
Forty five bucks for this is a hefty price for a cardboard, or "playboard" playset with a few plastic parts. It looks cool, but that ain't cutting it. Just shows how much the licensing fee are for a toy company to sell star wars toys. But hey......Disney is doing us all good all around.

Reaction score
Saw the Vandor play set at Target this morning. Not feeling it. Though it is a neat throwback to the vintage card board sets.

Reaction score
Very curious how good it will look in the flesh. Don't want to shell out new money just yet, I'll wait for some sales on that one. Cool idea for 5POA, just doesn't fit with TVC though. We need actual PLASTIC playsets Hasbro, I hope you're listening! They would sell out immediately....Dagobah and Yoda's Hutt, Endor Shield Bunker, Hoth Med Bay, there are plenty to do!

Reaction score
Not into the subject of this one so much, but definitely looking forward to the Kessel playset when it comes out. Am glad they are taking this route for most sets, though IMO a Death Star should be serious plastic.

I agree, bring on the OT sets!

Reaction score
Re: Dagobah set.....I was reminiscing on the AMT Encounter with Yoda on Dagabah model set and figured that it could be set up like the 'flip-side' idea on these current playsets with Yoda's hut on one side (plastic, of course) with a treeline background as a partition and the other being the training grounds (i.e. campsite, shoreline and mystic tree....I think that's what they called it back then).

Reaction score
I would NOT want any OT Cardboard playsets. I don't want to encourage Hasbro to go that route. It's as bad as them reincorporating 5POA into figures that should have the benefit of the technology and articulation of 40+ years of innovation. Any TVC playsets 100% need to be plastic.

Reaction score
I would NOT want any OT Cardboard playsets.
All right, printed Styrofoam backgrounds then....:D

But in all seriousness, the partition idea (from my POV) sort of gives the feel of events taking place along different point on the same planet, unlike the days of the vintage playsets where it seems everything was taking place inside the same area of an average size living room. :) In all fairness though, just Yoda's house alone cast in 100% plastic could easily pass off as a $30 or possibly less set. Of course the question becomes, how do kids (or big kids) recreate iconic scenes with that set with 5POA figures (Yoda excepted of course)! :D

Reaction score

But in all seriousness, the partition idea (from my POV) sort of gives the feel of events taking place along different point on the same planet, unlike the days of the vintage playsets where it seems everything was taking place inside the same area of an average size living room. :) In all fairness though, just Yoda's house alone cast in 100% plastic could easily pass off as a $30 or possibly less set. Of course the question becomes, how do kids (or big kids) recreate iconic scenes with that set with 5POA figures (Yoda excepted of course)! :D
Same way we did as kids ;)

Reaction score
Yay for playsets.

Plastic >> cardboard for sure, especially for OT. But cardboard OT is fine by me too. Still love those POTF2 cantina, jabba's palace, Endor Bunker sets : )

Reaction score
Pretty sure the thread title can lose the "Rumor" tag at this point...

Reaction score
If you want a Dagobah playset, just get the vintage one. Hasbro won't do one any better than that, I guarantee you.
I own it! And it IS awesomeness, but come on, have a little faith that Hasbro could knock one out of the park. It would be amazing and more sizable.

Reaction score

I think the partition idea is fine and could easily be done with plastic. It's not as if a plastic base couldn't be created for Dagobah with an area to land/sink an X-Wing or have a swamp monster. The original Kenner one, but extrapolated. Think of the old Toy-Biz / Kenner Batcave / Wayne Manor, manor on the outside, cave on the inside, and I think one side also had the chemical plant. All plastic!

Reaction score
"Dad,.....why didn't the toy company put knees and elbows on MY Luke?" ****Dad struggles to give a legitimate answer.****
"Well, son, because Hasbro got cheap." "But don't worry, MY Luke still has knees and elbows. I just have to pay $13.00 a figure"

Reaction score
Forty five bucks for this is a hefty price for a cardboard, or "playboard" playset with a few plastic parts. It looks cool, but that ain't cutting it. Just shows how much the licensing fee are for a toy company to sell star wars toys. But hey......Disney is doing us all good all around.
That's just it, for $45 I can make something nicer and out of sturdier materials...
That's why I cannot fully get behind these.

Reaction score
That's just it, for $45 I can make something nicer and out of sturdier materials...
That's why I cannot fully get behind these.
Seriously, with 3D print tech out there now, playsets should be had on the cheap and be able to do the same things in FULL PLASTIC. I agree, they are pretty high in price for what they are. I think $20 should be the max and a fair price for a cardboard playset. Maybe $25 since they're including a figure, though the figure is a bit annoying. I don't want to buy ANY of that 5POA crap, I don't want to support it in any way, so that irks me.

Reaction score
Just saw the Vandor set at Target and it does look pretty cool, I was surprised at how heavy the box was when I picked it up. That's usually a good sign of quality, play board or not. Still, at $44 it was far too much than I was willing to pay for what it is. Hopefully it gets reduced in price. I'm still surprised there are ZERO deals on the SOLO stuff that's been legitimately rotting on the shelves. I'll buy a Han Speeder when it dips below $20.

Reaction score
I might have been swayed had the set included a figure that wasn't in the main line, can of worms opened, ;)

They have to make these a bit more interesting for me, which would be based on an OT design for starters. ESB/Hoth has some great mining potential.

Reaction score
I might have been swayed had the set included a figure that wasn't in the main line, can of worms opened, ;)

They have to make these a bit more interesting for me, which would be based on an OT design for starters. ESB/Hoth has some great mining potential.
Super potential, but at that point, I'd really not want a play board set for anything OT, I want to see a large full plastic base with all plastic parts on top of it. I think this can easily be done in TVC.

Reaction score
If it is the same stuff they make the board games out of then we are good. (Think sturdy cardboard) I have board games that are still in good shape & they are 40 years old.

Reaction score
We wouldn’t want to know the Chewie wears goggles in the film. Ruins the whole dvd release...

Reaction score
Denied sale at the register today...
What the heck? Why? These were on the shelf with an SKU and proper price right underneath them when I saw them. In other words, out on the floor for sale. Did you get yours from a backroom or something? It is so loathsome to think that we are actually in a time where you CAN'T buy what a store is offering. Can anyone think of any other type of product this would fly with?

Reaction score
In turn, everyone who was denied the purchase should wait for 50% off Clearance! lol

Reaction score
I've always felt the street dates are more about ensuring all the product for a new launch gets stocked on shelves, as opposed to sitting in the stock room while the computer waits for the last 2 Rose figures to sell. The stores, however, need to abide by the street date and not stock the shelves until the night before/in the morning of the street date thus preventing this foolishness of not being able to buy what's on the shelves.

Reaction score
Saw it at another target, no sale again. I’ll just wait for clearance now, I can wait for a $45 piece of cardboard and a repacked figure with goggles. Target has officially pissed me off. Don’t have nothing for weeks, restock and then tell people they can’t buy items on the shelf.

Reaction score
I'm going to give this a shot tomorrow. I plan on using it as a backdrop for all my Solo figures, and I like the Chewy. It's pretty heavy, and hopefully sturdy for $45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk