Vandor Playset

Reaction score
I'm liking the idea of these. My only concern is the price.

In comparing these sets to the Doctor Who sets released a couple of years back, which were £9.99-12.99, $30 and $40 wont cut it.

The 'Who' sets were dioramas with extra accessories or an exclusive figure. These sets don't appear to be anything more.

I will get these but need to see the price first.

Reaction score
At first I started wondering "Wait, are we going to get a 6" TBS Probe Droid?"
I see it as an eventually, given that it would likely fall into the $30 price point and most likely an exclusive. Who gets it is up in the air.

Reaction score
...meant to say eventuality. But just to add, it should be electronic with Imperial code, alarm and blaster sounds...no less. :D

Reaction score
I’m actually very excited about this one and the Kessel as well, reminds me of the old Kenner playsets from my childhood!

Reaction score
These sets aren't quite what I had in mind for playets. I was thinking more like the BB-8 transforming set. I know that is too expensive though. So, these at least are something good for action figure displays. I may get them and try them out.

Reaction score
The flatness presentation (for me) works for walls, panels and consoles, but I would have preferred some plastic rocks for example to add a bit more effective ambience for natural formations (e.g. check out the front part of the Geonosis playset for example). Anyways, if I pull the trigger to get it, I might end up putting it next to:

Reaction score
Seeing as the potf2 cantina and jabba playsets were $19, the price isn’t bad. It’s just inexcusable that they would repack that Han. Should be Han in Kessel disguise. Anyone able to convey that to Steve Evans, he seems receptive lately. It may help sell this set.

Reaction score
these new "cardboard" playsets look cool and it all depends on what type of cardboard and how the construct is on these that will ultimately decide it for me. my one fear is that if these new "playsets" don't perform well at retail than this will be the official nail in the coffin for future playsets in Hasbro's eyes.

Reaction score
Seeing as the potf2 cantina and jabba playsets were $19, the price isn’t bad. It’s just inexcusable that they would repack that Han. Should be Han in Kessel disguise. Anyone able to convey that to Steve Evans, he seems receptive lately. It may help sell this set.
That's a very good point with the price.

I'm not that excited about them theme-wise but the more I look at them the more I'm sure I'm picking up at least Kessel if not both.

I would have actually preferred Toby in Lando's skiff guard disguise.

these new "cardboard" playsets look cool and it all depends on what type of cardboard and how the construct is on these that will ultimately decide it for me. my one fear is that if these new "playsets" don't perform well at retail than this will be the official nail in the coffin for future playsets in Hasbro's eyes.
It looks to be pretty thick stock. I'm sure they've taken into account using something strong enough to avoid drooping over time.

That's my main concern, is them not doing well for the first run, not necessarily because they're not well done, but because of a lack of interest in the settings from either casual buyers or collectors. I just think something a little more 'Star Wars Iconic' would have been better for a first choice. And then if they underperform Hasbro gets to be all "oh well, there just really isn't any interest in playsets."

Reaction score
I would take that as well. I just figured Han in disguise would be low-hanging fruit for Hasbro. Pop the head off, add a new head and helmet. That Han they are using makes no sense.

Reaction score
I could possibly make the same argument for the glut of roleplay toys I see on the shelves, especially at Target, that eventually go clearance and possibly hurt them sales-wise, yet its a staple series of SW toys that comes back every time. Granted, playsets are too, just few and far between so I don't see them a deal breakers until they make that really awesome one (hint, hint).....in a way, I've come to think of them as that special series of smartphone that nobody really wants. :D

Reaction score
That's a very good point with the price.

I'm not that excited about them theme-wise but the more I look at them the more I'm sure I'm picking up at least Kessel if not both.

It looks to be pretty thick stock. I'm sure they've taken into account using something strong enough to avoid drooping over time.

That's my main concern, is them not doing well for the first run, not necessarily because they're not well done, but because of a lack of interest in the settings from either casual buyers or collectors. I just think something a little more 'Star Wars Iconic' would have been better for a first choice. And then if they underperform Hasbro gets to be all "oh well, there just really isn't any interest in playsets."

yea I have to agree... the action figure choice on this set is not the best.. definitely should have been Tobias in Skiff Guard and as instead of Chewie I would have gone with perhaps a new sculpt of the Range Viper or the Probe droid/hunter killer

Reaction score
yea I have to agree... the action figure choice on this set is not the best.. definitely should have been Tobias in Skiff Guard and as instead of Chewie I would have gone with perhaps a new sculpt of the Range Viper or the Probe droid/hunter killer
Hasbro was very smart with this decision, now the only way to get the figures related to this scene is to buy their DVD set with Vandor Han and a repacked Range Trooper, along with this set to get Chewbacca. Chewie could have easily replaced Qi'ra in their DVD set, but they went this route instead.

Reaction score
Hasbro was very smart with this decision, now the only way to get the figures related to this scene is to buy their DVD set with Vandor Han and a repacked Range Trooper, along with this set to get Chewbacca. Chewie could have easily replaced Qi'ra in their DVD set, but they went this route instead.
*connects the dots for a few seconds* Hah, yeah its well played.

That said, it balances out with the stupidity of not having a single carded basic Han Solo in the figure line for the Han Solo movie.

Reaction score

That said, it balances out with the stupidity of not having a single carded basic Han Solo in the figure line for the Han Solo movie.
That too. Instead, we get a repacked Old Luke.

Reaction score
$30 for Kessel and $40 for Vandor is certainly more palatable than I thought. I just noticed on the better pics on the front that the droid from the top level of Kessel is looking out the window on the other side. I like that.

Reaction score

But you get the Forcelink 2.0 with Han :grin:

Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of cardboard playsets making a return. But it really bugs me seeing characters pre-printed on the backdrop. Takes me right out of it. :(

Reaction score
While neither of these sets are for me. I'd be down for some ESB stuff that included that MIA Echo Base console!
Th potential is there, just executed poorly and on the wrong movie. IMO

Reaction score
Depends on which Echo base console(s)....if there's chairs involved, legs using 5POA figures....well, you get the picture. :D

Reaction score
These playsets are intriguing. I'll have to see what the price is over here, but I'd really like to support them. Some OT ones, like Echo Base or even one for the Bespin Duel would be kind of fun. The Vandor one makes me think back to the Hoth one from wayback with the cardboard AT-AT.

Reaction score
the kessel set would been so much better if it included Beckett in skiff disquise w/ a set of shackels as part of his accessories in addition to the coaxium bundle. or even a different han like the reader kits han w/shackles. Same w/ Vandor set ,,a different character not available elsewhere but included a couple pair of goggles for other figs much like the later releases of many vintage kenner playsets and vehicles that included pieces from the mailaway survivor kit

Reaction score
Yes, agreed. I would have loved a droid or wookie to liberate. And if a droid, they could easily use existing molds. Surely at least one of those droids was a differnently colored stock model.

Or as many have said, a reuse of a skiff disguise body would have been appealing too.

Reaction score
I chuckled that Hasbro felt it necessary to state that these playsets are also compatible with TVC. You don't say? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Does the Vandor gate look like it belongs on Corellia and not Vandor? There was nothing remotely like a "gate" on Vandor.

Reaction score
^ what about the scene where han and chewie exchange names? The gate reminds be of that scene. Grant it, not accurate location but close enough to Vandor, just like having both Weasel and Qi'ra in the same Vandor 4 pack. Besides the playset has 2 sides. 0ne is clearly the outside w/ the train. the other is a likely a different area of Vandor location

Reaction score
Does the Vandor gate look like it belongs on Corellia and not Vandor? There was nothing remotely like a "gate" on Vandor.
Wasn't that the gate they had to go through where the Falcon was locked up, if I'm not mistaken?

Besides the gate, there's that 'wormhole' in the middle of the set that allows you to cross through the mountain and to 'the other side'. Talk about adventures across the Eighth Dimension!

Reaction score
Wasn't that the gate they had to go through where the Falcon was locked up, if I'm not mistaken?
that seems logical now that I think about it. I keep forgetting they met lando on vendor as well as attempted the train heist. When I saw the movie for 1st time, I assumed new location/planet and was confused when the Lando 2018 comic series deputed and the figure variant cover labels Lando as Vandor 0utfit

Reaction score

Besides the gate, there's that 'wormhole' in the middle of the set that allows you to cross through the mountain and to 'the other side'. Talk about adventures across the Eighth Dimension!
I'm a grown man but darnit, this post is giving me a whole storyline for playing with the toys.

Reaction score
Maybe we should make that a weird, viral thing. Grown men collectors having playdates with other local collectors.

Reaction score
I forgot to add that there is a short cardboard partition between the gate and the heist scene side. The photos make it look like the gate is part of 'side 1' when it should be 'side 2'. I don't know if there's a way to swivel the gate to make it more obscure since it looks like its affixed to the cardboard base.

Reaction score
that seems logical now that I think about it. I keep forgetting they met lando on vendor as well as attempted the train heist. When I saw the movie for 1st time, I assumed new location/planet and was confused when the Lando 2018 comic series deputed and the figure variant cover labels Lando as Vandor 0utfit
I thought it was a new planet, too. Seems awfully convenient that "the guy Qi'ra knew with the super fast ship" just happened to be on vandor. Dumb. But, so was most of the movie.