VanderStelt Art & happenings

Reaction score
Very cool!!! An off-camera scene of Luke allowing himself to get captured. Very fresh idea, Jerry! I'll be sure to pre-order this. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Chicago.

Benny
In the words of Padme, "You assume too much", LOL!!!!!

JV

Reaction score
Goodness, just saw "The Hopeful" - folks that have been asking for a vertical '77 Star Wars, this is amazing.

I still feel your '77 SW Celebration 3 print is the pinnacle of modern Star Wars art. Nothing has come close. With that said, I just may be down for a canvas of "The Hopeful" (which, if I read correctly, will be available in person in April at the show?

Ohh, Jerry - you may wanna do a quick edit on the page for your exclusive as it states Orlando as being the Celebration location. ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Beek!

Fixed! My baddie ; / As for the Hopeful, it is not my exclusive, but an Acme release. I will not be selling the regular editions, but I may have some A/P's available at a later time during the event.
Likely you will need to get it at the Acme booth.

JV

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Beek!

Fixed! My baddie ; / As for the Hopeful, it is not my exclusive, but an Acme release. I will not be selling the regular editions, but I may have some A/P's available at a later time during the event.

JV
Cool. Do you reckon Acme will have the canvas version at the show, ready for purchase?

Reaction score
Thanks Beek!

JV
Jerry, if there are A/Ps, will they be canvas? I want a canvas "Hopeful", but would rather wait to purchase an A/P. Otherwise, I'll pre-order a regular canvas tomorrow.

Reaction score
WOW! Even better than I was hoping for...and I was hoping for A LOT. :) Thanks for another amazing piece, Jerry! I'm ordering as soon as it's up.

Reaction score
Hi. Anybody going to Celebration (who's picking up their own art prints anyways) who wants to make a little extra money and pick something up for me?

PM me. Thanks!

EDIT: Upon advice, went ahead and pre-ordered the piece. Person found. -thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi. Anybody going to Celebration (who's picking up their own art prints anyways) who wants to make a little extra money and pick something up for me?

Questions: If I pre-order a print, do I have to do it under my name and can someone else then pick it up at Celebration? How would that work? Do they just take their word for it? Or, would I need to pre-order under the person's name who's actually gonna pick it up? Or, is it better to just pay the person in advance and have them pre-order as well? Never done this before...

PM me. Thanks!
This does happen during this show. You would need to wait and see who is willing to do this for you. Otherwise, if I have leftovers, I will announce it here and leave a link to my store where you can get one.

JV

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, Jerry! As a proud owner/displayer of all 6 LOTR/Hobbit movie prints, Rivendell canvas wrap & Vader's "Apology Accepted" piece, I am 'hopeful' to be adding "The Hopeful" to my walls after the Chicago convention. Just masterful! An instant classic! :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, Jerry! As a proud owner/displayer of all 6 LOTR/Hobbit movie prints, Rivendell canvas wrap & Vader's "Apology Accepted" piece, I am 'hopeful' to be adding "The Hopeful" to my walls after the Chicago convention. Just masterful! An instant classic! :)
Ah, many thanks!

There are a lot of good folks over here that I am sure will help you out. As the artist, I am bound to the rules, but I'm sure something will work out ; )

JV

Reaction score
Jerry, I must say, you have truly impressed with this new stunning piece “The Hopeful”.

I really want to get this piece, but can’t decide between the giclee vs canvas? Can you compare the two formats, positives of one over the other in terms of detail, depth of presentation and 3D appearance? The giclees I have from your previous work just present themselves as alive and I don’t know if the canvas can do that? Thanks!

Reaction score
Jerry, I must say, you have truly impressed with this new stunning piece “The Hopeful”.

I really want to get this piece, but can’t decide between the giclee vs canvas? Can you compare the two formats, positives of one over the other in terms of detail, depth of presentation and 3D appearance? The giclees I have from your previous work just present themselves as alive and I don’t know if the canvas can do that? Thanks!
The canvas is a giclée. I always buy canvas if they are available. It gives it the look of the original art. Much nicer that paper in my opinion.

Reaction score

I have his art in both giclee & canvas formats and I find the difference quite striking. I mean, no matter how nice a print is--a print is a print. And even though JV's stuff is amazing, under glass it's still gonna have a 2D feel, a distance to it. Don't get me wrong they're very nice, but nothing really leaps out at me. (Though my LOTR posters do have JV's remarque pencil pictures drawn onto them, which still makes them pretty kick-***** in their own way.)

Now IMHO, JV's canvas pieces really capture the light, my Rivendell piece almost glows. It really draws you in wanting to touch it, and it gives you that life-like feel, like you're almost looking at an original piece. Bottom-line: If you got the $ and really love the piece...go for the canvas. Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nothing at Celebration is shipped for you. However, there is usually a place on site where you can pay to have items packed and shipped. The canvas should be carefully rolled and put into a art tube such as the ones Jerry provides when you buy directly from him.

Reaction score
As for the paper vs Canvas: With my own they are BOTH giclees. Paper Giclee or Canvas Giclee and I believe with Acme's release both the canvas and paper are printed on Archival materials. Each have their own qualities so it is really up to you. Some people love the canvas weave and if the varish is coated well, it does give 3d ish feel. The paper, such as my Optica One, is so smooth yet with some tooth, that the details hit you in it's own way.
Both are good choices! This likely does not help your choice, but you have "canvas only guys" like Beek and CHH.
Also depends on how you want to display them in their final form ( and always out of direct sunlight ) : ) BTW, does this help you Pickles and Irish_J?

JV

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the very informative opinions, what you all have shared is very informative and helpful!

As for the paper vs Canvas: With my own they are BOTH giclees. Paper Giclee or Canvas Giclee and I believe with Acme's release both the canvas and paper are printed on Archival materials. Each have their own qualities so it is really up to you. Some people love the canvas weave and if the varish is coated well, it does give 3d ish feel. The paper, such as my Optica One, is so smooth yet with some tooth, that the details hit you in it's own way.
Both are good choices! This likely does not help your choice, but you have "canvas only guys" like Beek and CHH.
Also depends on how you want to display them in their final form ( and always out of direct sunlight ) : ) BTW, does this help you Pickles and Irish_J?
JV
Jerry, I really appreciate this extensive detail and thanks again for offering such an incredible piece of Star Wars art!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm assuming the canvas from ACME will be gallery wrapped, ready to hang? Mine will go directly to my hotel room, then to my vehicle on my last day as I'm only 2.5 hours away...

Reaction score
Looks like it is just rolled. From the preorder page on Acme: [FONT=&quot]24" x 32" canvas print (rolled)[/FONT]

Reaction score
Looks like it is just rolled. From the preorder page on Acme: 24" x 32" canvas print (rolled)
Yes, it says rolled on the Dark Ink site. Some may find that a wee bit pricey for a pre-wrapped canvas print, but the low edition size and overall safety of the piece is a fair trade-off for me. It would be ridiculously awkward to be walking around a convention with it otherwise, IMHO.

Reaction score
I just got back from Chicago and once we are settled, we will be offering up the remainder copies of the Call of Destiny. We will get a link for these real soon : )

JV