VanderStelt Art & happenings

Reaction score
Thought I'd begin a fresh thread since I have this new piece coming out, as well as some other SW and LOTR pieces early next year!
Here's the latest again:

Working on a Darth Talon piece right now, and I'll post here too once "greenlit" : )

JV

Reaction score
Re: VanderStelt Art P3 - Lost deleted Scene art - ROTJ

Many thanks!

JV

Reaction score

Wait...you're telling me there's even a Darth Talon coming after THIS? You do realize I'm going to have to dig a tunnel between Los Angeles and San Diego in order to transport all this cash to you? Repulsorlift sleds and binary loadlifters aren't cheap, Jerry!

Reaction score

HA ! Yes, those loadlifters are pricey : )

The Talon piece is for another licensee, so it may not make it into the fine art scheme of things...........BUT, I plan to inquire about the possibilities!

JV

Reaction score

Damn nice work Jerry! You gave the V2 saber some real justice!

Reaction score

That saber had to be the hardest part

JV

Reaction score

Incredible stuff Mr. Vanderstelt!

Reaction score

Talon?! Can't wait to see that!!!

Reaction score

Thanks guys!
Yes, the Talon piece is the current project, and will appear sometime after January ; )
JV

Reaction score
Re: VanderStelt Art P3 - ART FOR SALE

Jerry, why no love for Han Solo?

I would kill for a Han Solo piece..seriously, you name the person and they are toast

Reaction score

Han Solo is a favorite character to paint, but att he moment, I have several other pieces lined up that are already in the schedule : ). As far as Solo goes,I have one LOTR piece after Talon, then another SW project that has a LOT to do with HAN SOLO............. even if he is not particularly in the scene.

JV

Reaction score

Merry Christmas to everyone here on the Scum. Have a safe and blessed Season and all the best in 2011!

JV

Reaction score

dutchart said:
Merry Christmas to everyone here on the Scum. Have a safe and blessed Season and all the best in 2011!

JV
Same to you Jerry!

Reaction score

Thanks, Jerry! All the best this season!

Reaction score

Hope you have a blessed holiday season as well, Jerry. I'm looking forward to your new art in 2011.

Reaction score

A Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you as well Jerry, meeting you and getting a couple of your prints at CV was surely a highlight of 2010 for me, thanks! The same to all the scummers on the art boards!

Reaction score

Same sentiments as above. Happy holidays everyone!

Reaction score

Thank you all. We'll see you all in 2011! ( along with my new Darth Talon piece hopefully )

JV

Reaction score

i can't wait for the sneak preview of her

Reaction score
Re: VanderStelt Art and happenings

Hi everyone and a Happy New Year, forgive me if my debut 'hello' on this forum happens to be in the wrong place.

My name is Jonathan. In a previous incarnation a long time ago in a place not so far away to many of you...I was known as 'Gazmog'. University life and other things put pay to my posting, but now my collecting has been honed and somewhat distilled down...so I wanted to stop by and chime in from time to time.

I don't have the exhaustive collection of yesteryear (a hoarde of holygrail WETA statues)...but what I do have are a handful of precious gems in the form of Star Wars prints/ canvas which is growing slowly but surely.

I will post pictures of what I have soon, but here's basically what my wall space is home to:

* Art Nouveau Leia by Adam Hughes
* Dorman's CE print...and 2 that were released back in 1997 (Jabba's Palace & Dewback Patrol).
* Jerry Vanderstelt's C3 and C5 prints, along with his exquisite 'Knight of the Old Republic' AP canvas signed by himself and Gary Kurtz

I must commend Jerry on yet another offering...this print is truly inspired

Reaction score
Re: VanderStelt Art and happenings

Thanks Archduke!

FYI, I will probably be taking Pre Orders on the Knight of Passage A/P's now. As most of you know, there will be Canvas and Paper versions. Canvas will run $325 and paper $150 each. PM me or email me at dutchart@sbcglobal.net with any questions. Here's a pic of "Knight of Passage".

JV

Reaction score
VanderStelt Art and happenings !! DARTH TALON !!

Hey everyone.

Some of you know that I've been working on a Darth Telon piece. Well, it's finished and I look forward to showing you the entire piece once it has been approved to do so.
The scene depicts Darth Talon posed amidst the ruins of an ancient culture, saber lit, force lightning in her hand, rain falling, with the moon peeping out from behind the storm clouds passing by. Evidence of mayhem left by her is the fire and smoke of a small jedi outpost left in ruins. Talon has not completed her mission unscathed however. Cuts and running blood mixing with the rain are evidence that Jedi do not go down easily, but Talon is a deadly opponent that is not to be challenged.
For now, I have a little teaser image with a simple poll question:
Who would like to see a Darth Talon piece of art like this as a fine art print?

I'm interested to know!

JV

Reaction score
Re: VanderStelt Art and happenings !! DARTH TALON !!

Who would like to see a Darth Talon piece of art like this as a fine art print?

Me! I love the Dark Horse Legacy series, and would welcome Talon as a fine print. Looks great so far Jerry!

Reaction score
Re: VanderStelt Art POLL ---- !! DARTH TALON !!

"Me! I love the Dark Horse Legacy series, and would welcome Talon as a fine print. Looks great so far Jerry!"

There's ONE!

BTW, anyone that wants to consider a "Knight of Passage" A/P will need to email me at: dutchart@sbcglobal.net to get "Slotted". OK, on with the Darth Talon poll!

JV

Reaction score

This is so good, we should just announce the canvas AP already! Haha! Seriously, I love how you captured her lips...the way they pull back from her teeth. I also love the use of rain in this piece. The rain bouncing off her lekkus is a nice touch. If this snapshot was the entire piece, I would be happy to own it. Can't wait to see the entire piece.

Reaction score

I'd pick one up in canvas. One of my favorite characters.

Reaction score

YES GIVE ME A TALON I NEED FOR MY WALLLLLLLLL

Reaction score

Thanks so far

I am taking this poll mostly out of curiosity, but also because DT is an expanded universe character, and of course, did not appear in the films. It would be interesting to see this character in a SW movie though.

Keep opinions coming.......

JV

Reaction score

I'd have to see the whole piece first before considering whether I'd buy a print, but yeah I'd definitely be up for it.

Looks amazing so far, Jerry!

Reaction score

MEEEEEE!!!

Heck, I'd take it the way it is. That teaser looks like a piece by itself. FANTASTIC!

Reaction score

Count me in. I'd love to have one and I can't wait to see the final piece.

Reaction score

Thanks for the responses people : )

JV

Reaction score

Honestly, Talon is not one I would hang in my Game Room. I'm more of an OT guy, but Jerry, I do have your work hanging in my Game Room and love every piece. This Talon does look great!

Reaction score

As this is EU I would need to see the complete picture but ... hey it's from you so chances are high that I would buy it :p