Vader Focus Collectors

Reaction score
Re: Vader Focus Collectors, here\'s our post!

Wow, this thread was buried.

Received my SS Vader life size bust today, it is definitely the center piece to my Vader collection and a must have for any Vader collector.

Reaction score

Recent additions:

- Saga Legends 2010 US Vader(Black & Blue packaging with card game)
- Vintage 2010 Canadian Vader with no Fett sticker
- Vintage 2010 Canadian Vader with "Bobba" error sticker offer

Some other additions later this week and of course the hunt will be on at C5 next week.

Reaction score

My mall finds while taking the daughter back to school shopping:

Also added two more signed shots, 16x20 & 11x14:

Not pictured, but received one of my GG McQuarrie Vader busts today...it's pretty sweet!

Reaction score

Picked up the new silver vintage Vader & this mini Katie Cook painting this weekend:

Reaction score

Hey everyone - I know we collect across the board here, myself included. I have been having a heck of a time finding the TRU "Legacy of the Dark Side" Vader exclusive:

They just aren't in my area, but these ARE in stock directly off the site, so don't bother paying inflated prices on ebay.

Toys r Us - Legacy Order Page

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Bill

Reaction score

Bill_McBride said:
Hey everyone - I know we collect across the board here, myself included. I have been having a heck of a time finding the TRU "Legacy of the Dark Side" Vader exclusive:

They just aren't in my area, but these ARE in stock directly off the site, so don't bother paying inflated prices on ebay.

Toys r Us - Legacy Order Page

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Bill
My local TRU had about 30 of these on the pegs over the weekend, but I just couldn't pull the trigger at $18. At ten bucks, I would have been all over it...so I am going into a holding pattern on it hoping to pick one up during the next bogo sale.

Reaction score

ReturnOfVader said:
My local TRU had about 30 of these on the pegs over the weekend, but I just couldn't pull the trigger at $18. At ten bucks, I would have been all over it...so I am going into a holding pattern on it hoping to pick one up during the next bogo sale.
Unreal ... it's we are going on 2011, and Hasbro still can't seem to even out their distribution process. In the DC area, it's either feast or famine. For the RotS Target "Lava" Vader, my local Target' had literally CASES of these on a push cart. I grabbed an unopened case, one off the rack and paid for everything as is. It worked out in the long run because other areas didn't get the same amounts, so I was able to sell my extras (yes, at cost) to people who missed out.

Bill

~ I agree RoV' ... $18 is high for this, but I really love the packaging, design and colors for this set.

Reaction score

Bill_McBride said:
ReturnOfVader said:
Unreal ... it's we are going on 2011, and Hasbro still can't seem to even out their distribution process. In the DC area, it's either feast or famine. For the RotS Target "Lava" Vader, my local Target' had literally CASES of these on a push cart. I grabbed an unopened case, one off the rack and paid for everything as is. It worked out in the long run because other areas didn't get the same amounts, so I was able to sell my extras (yes, at cost) to people who missed out.

Bill

~ I agree RoV' ... $18 is high for this, but I really love the packaging, design and colors for this set.
Hasbro simply does not care, they never have. After seeing the horror stories coming on those mail away Fett figures, I am so glad to only be collecting Vader items.

Reaction score

I just wanted to share a new feature on my site; a "What's New" page, where I can list out some of my recent purchases. It really hasn't gone live, with pics, but I think it's interesting to see how & what different Vader collectors add as we go along.

www.sithtoys.com - What's New Page

As always, if anyone has feedback (outside adding pics - which are coming), please feel free to post, PM or email.

Bill (sithtoys@aol.com)

Reaction score

My wife picked up the Vader Mini Muggs 3 pack today for me & I added the Saga Legends Vader variant yesterday from the $5 sale at Target. Not sure why, but I think I like these Mini Muggs better than the big ones.

Reaction score

A couple new additions, and I have a new display set up for my prop-replica Vader sabers:

(top to bottom)
~ Vintage Marco Ent. Saber with original Catalog

~ Unproduced Icons RotJ Mock Up Saber
~ Icons James Earl Jones signed prototype (no serial #)

~ Icons Skywalker Saber (matching serial #'s)
~ Icons Vader Saber (matching serial #'s)

~ MR - Vader Saber and .45 scale regular and gold editions

and last but not least, this is hands down the rarest Vader (related) cast/crew t-shirt. Martinez Elec. was the company that supplied Skywalker Ranch, and this is only the second one I have ever seen.

That shirt was about a 10 year search, so I was pretty excited to get that in
It's been a great two weeks

Bill

Reaction score

That shirt is indeed a rare find, congrats on the addition!

Reaction score

Not sure if everyone has seen this print:

One of the recent Mondo (Mondotees) print releases. I was able to pick up a few of them, and this is one of the nicest Vader (themed) art pieces I have ever seen. The pics don't do this justice; the colors, perspective, everything just blow me away. They did a run of #350, and from what I'm told they sold out in under two minutes.

Bill

Reaction score

Two more pieces I wanted to share with everyone; these are traditional Japanese Tenugui:

These are titled "Darth Vader at Bridge" & "Darth Vader Rains" I love traditional Japanese art, so seeing something with Vader as the subject is a must-have for me.
Here is the link for ordering if you are interested:
Strapya World - Star Wars Tenugui
The prices are very good ($17.40usd each), and Strapya World is absolutely top notch to deal with. Once I placed my order, with EMS delivery, I had these in-hand in 5 (FIVE) days... amazing.

Bill

Reaction score

ReturnOfVader said:
My wife picked up the Vader Mini Muggs 3 pack today for me & I added the Saga Legends Vader variant yesterday from the $5 sale at Target. Not sure why, but I think I like these Mini Muggs better than the big ones.

I added the mini Vader too. Fun! I sold the others to make room for more Vader goodness. My next addition will be the Williams Sonoma spatula

Reaction score

For those Vader collectors,I have the following for sale:

Hong Kong New Vintage Foil - Darth Vader US$35 including shipping

Hong Kong New Vintage Non-Foil Darth Vader US$35 including shipping

2010 SL Darth Vader US$35 including shipping

Japanese Star Wars Ring Bell Keychain Darth Vader US$5

Japanese Star Wars Rubber Plate Collection Darth Vader US$5

All carded figures MOMC.Accept paypal as "gift".PM me if interest.

Have feedback here.Also on POTF2.com,Snowtroopers,Sandtroopers,Yodasnews,Starwarscards.net

Thanks for looking,

Reaction score

Not sure how many people check out the vintage section, but Jordan from Hollywood Heroes made an amazing find of unproduced mock-up proofs from the early 90's. This was the genesis behind the modern VOTC line, and the foil embossed cards.
This is a comp. pic of all the various proof cards, compared to an original Revenge Vader proof, and a VOTC Vader foil chase card (Canadian version for people keeping track
)

(TOP row - Uncut Proof sheet, Revenge Proof)
(BOTTOM row - Embossed Proof, Foil Proof Card - Embossed, VOTC foil chase card)

I think these are great pieces, and if anyone is considering looking into getting an example should contact Jordan ASAP. I'm not sure what he has left, but there might be a chance he has one or two of the various examples left.
(hheroes007@aol.com)

Bill

Reaction score

JedioftheNorth said:
Those proofs are nice may have to look into these. Just picked up the Legacy of the Darkside 2-pack from tru.
I love that set. I think the packaging and just the way it's put together is really cool. Certainly one of my favorite modern Hasbro figures(sets)

I'm not sure what he has left, but I think Jordan might be down to his last few examples. There are two characters that were mocked up (Chewbacca was the other). As far as the complete "sets" of the various proofs, I know they are all spoken for at this point.

Bill

Reaction score

Received a few Vader items for christmas. The Vader Build-a-Bear, the Kooky Pen/keychain and a lip balm/Vader lightsaber.
By far the most unique Vader item I received though was this Vader. It was crocheted by my wife and it's displayed over a 2 oz. tabasco bottle.
I give you Darth Tabasco...

Reaction score

Has anyone received their Mondo print yet ? (King's Lead Hat). I know it's not for everyone, but I'm dying to get some feedback from people who have seen it first hand.

Bill

~ Edit: just received mine - AWESOME print!!! There are no pics that really do this justice. Well worth tracking one down.

Reaction score

Just picked up the Disney Vinylmation figure of Darth.

A friend gave me the large stand-up the other day and the sprinkler, which I had intended to get a few years ago.

Reaction score
Attakus Vader

Anyone pick up the Attakus Vader yet? I see it on BBTS and may want to pull the trigger, but I'm still undecided...

Reaction score
vader collectables

Thought I would see if anyone is interested in a couple vader collectables..vader pewter figure/head comes off and is a corkscrew...has come loose from stand...$15 ..might consider trades..yoda spirit bust,rots vader,hoth han..thanks

Brian rood print signed.."confinement"..#25/125..$95

Reaction score

Todd_of_the_Sith said:
Just picked up the Disney Vinylmation figure of Darth.
Thanks for mentioning this... just bought the R2 figure on ebay. We go to Disney about once a year but I thought I'd go ahead and get him now just in case we can't find one next time we're there (and takes the risk out of having to buy multiples to see what's inside the box).

Reaction score
Re: Attakus Vader

have the 10" attakus from the diagostini offer which is similar to the new 10" one -- so I'm probably not going to pick up the other one -- also am happy with the 2 large ones

Reaction score
Re: Attakus Vader

Just an FYI on the 11th ESB Annv. print. These were just released for pre-order on the SWshop. There is only an edition run of 100, so these will be gone fast.

Another great interpretation of one of the most dramatic scenes from the entire classic trilogy. I think this, along with the Mondo "Luke's Destiny" print are easily two of the best art pieces I have seen in a long time.

Bill

~ Just an update - I received mine today, and this print is amazing. For modern art pieces, there are some very nice Vader (themed) pieces as of late. This will hold a permanent place in the art section of my collection.
Here is a displayed pic, along with an unidentified/unproduced line art drawn from Animated Animations, and one of the unproduced Darth Vader Lumicel mocks ups. I got really lucky with the new print, it is #11/100.

Reaction score
Master Replicas Prototype Vader Saber

Here is a recent addition from the prop-replica side of things. This is the actual hand built prototype saber that Master Replicas made for LFL. (constructed by Stephen Dysmzo)

Needless to say, I'm really excited about this addition to my collection.
This obviously isn't the actual display I'm going to use, but I am using a vertical style glass dome.

Bill