Vader Focus Collectors

Reaction score
Re: Vader Focus Collectors, here\'s our post!

There's talk in the props section of a Cinemaqutte Vader. Ouch, could be expensive. Any interest if this is true?

Reaction score

I hope its true...I used to work for George when he owned a toy store at 3rd street promenade...he was definitely a star wars fan and when I saw him at comic con after the alien came out, he mentioned aiming for star wars -- and when I asked him which version of Vader they planned to do, seemed to have forgotten that there were various versions.
I told him as a Vader collector I wouldn't mind seeing the ANH version, but since Sideshow did a 1/4 ver. perhaps a Jedi version w removable helm...plus it's completely shiny...

we'll see - I wouldn't doubt its possibility as he already has the Indiana Jones license...plus the rest of fandom's giants: predator, terminator, alien, Lord of the Rings, Godfather etc...

I just hope I am able to get one when it does happen...

Reaction score

Bill_McBride said:
Tony,
I love the watches!! Here are my Vader tick-tocks

If I had to pick a favorite one, it would be the MIP Sci-Fi Channel "Launch" watch. I spent a long time even looking for a loose one, and was very excited when an original with all the packaging, in unused condition popped up on ebay.
I have most of the wall clocks as well, but not enough actual wall space left for them LOL

Bill
I really like these watches!!

Reaction score

adamata said:
What number is your limited edition Fantasma watch? I got #2338.
I have #581. I am not sure if you noticed, but the other Fantasma styled watch on display (2:00, above right). Is from the Orlando FX show, and had a 500 issue release. (I have #295). It came with the cool postcard sized COA (behind the watch).

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Also, there is a second version of the 3d Arts watch. One has a plastic band, one has a leather band.

[/QUOTE]

Yea, that is still another one "on the list" but after seeing your collection, I sadly realize there are a few more to add to "the list"

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
oh, and do you have one of these?
It's a Texas Instruments Vader Iron-on.

and I finally have all my watches on my site, with better pics, etc.
http://www.restrainingbolt.com/sw2/starwars.php

[/QUOTE]

If I didn't tell you before, that thing is AWESOME!!! Droool......I have been looking for one of those for a long time. (I thought I was pretty cool for finding one of those 8x10 "Compliments of T.I." Vader pictures)
If you ever find another one of those, you have a buyer

Again, awesome collection Tony!!! Even more so you focus on the watches. I love that wall display as well!!! AWESOME!!!

Bill

Reaction score

Bill_McBride said:
The book is available for pre-sell on amazon.com:
Amazon Pre Sell - "Star Wars: The Complete Vader"
It is going to be in the same format as the "The Vault" and has some choice pieces from my personal collection which have never been shown.
Personally, I am very excited to see the final product, and as a Vader collector as well this will be a must-have book.

Bill
October 27th can't come soon enough. I'm really looking forward to some surprises in here from a few Vader gurus (I'm looking at you Bill
). As well, I really enjoyed the style of "The Vault", so it should be a lot of fun to look through.

Reaction score

Nice collections guys! Haven't taken the plunge on watches yet.

Here is a link with a little more info on the upcoming Vader book, the slideshow give a nice glimpse into the actual pages and it's cool to see some of the rarer pieces in there that I have in my own collection.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/20090619.html

Reaction score

This looks amazing!!! I really can't wait for this to come out

Bill

Reaction score

Can someone post a close up pic of that "launch" watch?

Those are some pretty neat collections.

austin

Reaction score

Here are several Vader items from my collection:

German Episode III Limited edition collectors coin

AFA 85 12 back Vader

E-plus Germany Episode III promotional mask

RAH Darth Vader

Star Wars Galaxy Kyle Babbitt Sketch Card

Micro Collection unpainted Vader

Mexican food premium Vader

ILM 'Thank You card' for Episode III crew signed by George Lucas and Rick McCallum, among others

2005 Toy Fair Lego Vader

and in the frame is a 1980 Topps color key proof of the classic '...I am your Father' scene

Reaction score

Great stuff there dafunder...thanks for sharing the pics!

Reaction score

Haven't posted here in a while. Some great stuff guys.

Waiting on delivery of the 12" Vader figure from Sideshow and will definitely get the "Diplomatic Mission" diorama at some point.
Here's a one-of-a-kind Vader item that was custom-made for me. My lovely wife gave it to me as a X-mas gift a couple of years ago. .
A Vader cigar humidor:

Reaction score

That's quite sweet.

Reaction score

Nathan Hamill's BORIS custom art piece I made for the U1 Toy Arts Product Launch

Would've wanted to keep it for my own Vader collection - but it was the first piece to go to a Star Wars/ Art Collector =P

Reaction score

Woah, too cool. What is that made of?

Reaction score

this custom was made from the original resin base --
I created the mouth and grill and the belt and chest boxes are rubber...acrylic paint - i painted in most of that reflection in the dome as well -- b/c i initially sculpted that helm out of putty, and it was real rough -- after some sanding down - I decided I still liked the painted highlights and reflections and so I kept it...=)

Reaction score

cpenafan said:
Can someone post a close up pic of that "launch" watch?
Those are some pretty neat collections.
austin
Here is a close up pic of the Sci-Fi Channel watch. It is a great piece, it features the Sci-Fi logo on the keeper, and as the second hand. A very cool watch overall, certainly one of my favorites

Reaction score

HinekenSkywalker said:
Haven't posted here in a while. Some great stuff guys.
Waiting on delivery of the 12" Vader figure from Sideshow and will definitely get the "Diplomatic Mission" diorama at some point.
Here's a one-of-a-kind Vader item that was custom-made for me. My lovely wife gave it to me as a X-mas gift a couple of years ago. .
A Vader cigar humidor:

Your wife has excellent taste. That is the nicest fan-made Vader piece I have ever seen!! Very, very cool !!!

Reaction score

Bill_McBride said:
A Vader cigar humidor:

Your wife has excellent taste. That is the nicest fan-made Vader piece I have ever seen!! Very, very cool !!!

[/QUOTE]
Thank you, sir. I passed the compliment along to my wife. Means a lot coming from the guy who has such a cool Vader site. Cheers!

Reaction score

Hello Vader Focus Collectors. I wanted to let you guys know real quick that I do have a few Vader Kubricks from the latest Series 10 set available for sale for $10+ship. I let the Fett Collectors know about the Fett series availability so I thought I'd let you guys Vader collectors know as well. It is the EP3 Vader w/removable helmet! PM if you're interested. Thanks!!

Reaction score

Bill_McBride said:
Wow!! There are some great collections here!!

I am sure everyone will be interested to hear that
there is a new Darth Vader book coming out Oct.27, called
"Star Wars: The Complete Vader". It is co-authored by Pete Vilmur, and will feature some amazing pieces.

It is going to be in the same format as the "The Vault" and has some choice pieces from my personal collection which have never been shown.
Personally, I am very excited to see the final product, and as a Vader collector as well this will be a must-have book.

Bill
I finally got off my **** and preordered this on Amazon.
Just the wait now.

Reaction score

Rodders said:
Bill_McBride said:
Wow!! There are some great collections here!!

I am sure everyone will be interested to hear that
there is a new Darth Vader book coming out Oct.27, called
"Star Wars: The Complete Vader". It is co-authored by Pete Vilmur, and will feature some amazing pieces.

Bill
I finally got off my **** and preordered this on Amazon.
Just the wait now.
I saw this book at ComicCon last month and it looks great. A definite pick up for my SW book collection.

Reaction score

I don't have a Vader focus, but I picked this interesting deformed figure on ebay and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. It's around 5 or 6 inches tall. I don't think it's licensed. All I know is that they were sold by joetoy.com.

Reaction score

mr icruise - you have a lot of very cool toys!.
love this vader! i have never seen it before but it looks pretty funky - i am guessing it is a knockoff - especially with the batman belt!

Reaction score

Looks like Yoda dressed in Vader suit LOL

Reaction score

One thing's for sure. He's definately an oddity.

Kind of reminds me of something a friend bought me a couple of years ago. Dark Vibe. (There's a series of collectibles called "Bad Taste Bears". They're pretty obscene and Dark Vibe was their Vader equivalent.)

Reaction score

Rodders said:
Kind of reminds me of something a friend bought me a couple of years ago. Dark Vibe. (There's a series of collectibles called "Bad Taste Bears". They're pretty obscene and Dark Vibe was their Vader equivalent.)
You can still find him on eBay once in a while. "Bad Taste Bears" - sounds like something that belongs in my collection (away from curious 8 year old eyes of course
)

Reaction score

Just wanted to give the thread a bump. I have been doing a ton of updates to my site, and pics w/ descriptions to soon follow:
www.sithtoys.com

Check it out and let me know how you all like it

Bill

~ A small note about a possible item coming up for sale or trade; I have a VERY nice LL 12" Vader (loose) with the original chest sticker remaining (about 75% worth) Send me a PM if you are interested. I would prefer to work with another collector instead of some random person off eb@y.

Reaction score

Just a bump...
Steve Sansweet recently released a book the 1000 star wars collectibles - and stories to accompany the pics and in it he shows the 3 foot tall REDS vader and mentioned that they made 1,000 of the same when they only were supposed to make 500. He didn't know the difference - in case nobody yet mentioned this -- the helmets were changed in a second run...creating a decidedly different look -- technically they should've stopped at 500 - but I'm glad they didn't -- the second version (pictured first) is a nicer looking vader in my opinion...the first looks to have been sourced from a don post mask as the reference...

demorathis said:
The Vader I'm waiting for looks exactly like this -- this is the 2nd version of the Reds vinyl statue
THIS ONE IS NOT MINE:

this is the first version --
NOTE: THIS ONE IS NOT MINE:
notice the different helmet sculpt (resembles the standard don post mask)

the following are more from my collection
more attakus:

another ruvbies vader pic:

Reaction score

Here's some 11x14 photos I had David Prowse sign for me at Fan Days

Reaction score

That Attakus Vader is incredible.

On a side note, there was talk a couple of months ago about a Cinemaqutte Vader. Has anyone heard any further news on this?

Reaction score

Just found this thread and I to am a Vader focus collector recent items added to my collection are:

- Saga Legends canadain carded (New packaging and one with mail away Qui-Gon Offer)

- Gift bag with theme music

Would love those Attakus statues someday looks great and Jesse love the collection room.

Reaction score

demorathis said:
Just a bump...
Steve Sansweet recently released a book the 1000 star wars collectibles - and stories to accompany the pics and in it he shows the 3 foot tall REDS vader and mentioned that they made 1,000 of the same when they only were supposed to make 500. He didn't know the difference - in case nobody yet mentioned this -- the helmets were changed in a second run...creating a decidedly different look -- technically they should've stopped at 500 - but I'm glad they didn't -- the second version (pictured first) is a nicer looking vader in my opinion...the first looks to have been sourced from a don post mask as the reference...
The Red's pieces are really great items. I lucked out a few years ago and picked up the 2nd version at an antique show. Along the with helmet change, the cape is slightly different as well. I will post a comp pic if I get the chance, I have been doing as much updating on my site as I can lately.

Bill

If anyone gets the chance, please check out the vintage 4" page on my site. I am messing around with a thumbnail format for the pics and would appreciate feedback on how it looks, functions, etc.
http://www.sithtoys.com/Vintage4.html

Thanks!!!

Reaction score

Bill_McBride said:
If anyone gets the chance, please check out the vintage 4" page on my site. I am messing around with a thumbnail format for the pics and would appreciate feedback on how it looks, functions, etc.

Thanks!!!
I really like how the popups work - simply clicking on the current popup with automatically show the next image in the row.

Reaction score

That Reds piece is AWESOME I missed out on a chance of getting the first version...I had so many chances to get version 2 and I lucked out -- mint condition with the box and all packing materials...to think that these were released even before the Hasbro figures came out...1992...

Bill_McBride said:
demorathis said:
Just a bump...
The Red's pieces are really great items. I lucked out a few years ago and picked up the 2nd version at an antique show. Along the with helmet change, the cape is slightly different as well. I will post a comp pic if I get the chance, I have been doing as much updating on my site as I can lately.

Bill

Thanks!!!

Reaction score

That Reds piece is AWESOME I missed out on a chance of getting the first version...I had so many chances to get version 2 and I lucked out -- mint condition with the box and all packing materials...to think that these were released even before the Hasbro figures came out...1992...

I think version 2 is a vast improvement, but I like version one because the helmet is just like the old don post ... btw is your filled with resin n the lower part? I heard that the version 2's are -- I don't have mine yet...am waiting for it as we speak...

Bill_McBride said:
demorathis said:
Just a bump...

Bill

Thanks!!!

Reaction score

Picked up a Vader premium format figure this past Sunday from a local RS member. He's on display now and man this figure is amazing so far one of my favourite Vader pieces in my collection.