Vader and Fett relationship in light of new canon products

Reaction score
In one of the new Marvel comics, Vader has Fett look into person who destroyed the first Death Star. When Fett finds out it was some guy named Skywalker, Vader rage breaks some glass. Was it fan service to have Fett do the investigating? Or is there some previously unexplored connection between the two?

The Clone Wars TV show has Anakin having a great many adventures with the Jango Fett clones, in many instances he places his life in their hands. Could it be that he innately trusts Boba Fett due to this connection? He may also know Fetts backgound explicitly. Vader does not seem to trust anyone else in the galaxy, but he does seem to trust Fett.

I expect the Disney writing team to continue to explore this relationship going forward.

Last edited:
Reaction score
..sounds like they're in a way treating fans (but after all, isn't all of it for that purpose?!), but it seems like to me just more of an extension of what we saw in ESB. It was first done w/ this kinda vibe in the cartoon short in the Holiday special, even before ESB. It's also a lot to do w/ the new canon i bet, establishing these characters histories/relationships with a closer, fine tuned eye. The old EU didn't have, ..well-"old" EU to learn and reference from. I like the silent partnerships they've have, very sinister and believable. It also seems to elaborate on the Fett rep, "the best BH in the galaxy" thing. If DV goes to him in a pinch there's just no one better in any aspect of the craft.