V visitors

Reaction score
Although there's not much to collect, anyone collect stuff from the V series from 1983,1984?

Reaction score
Although there's not much to collect, anyone collect stuff from the V series from 1983,1984?
Always wanted the visitor ljn doll. Never find it loose and complete, and boxed ones are out of control when i am looking to buy.

Reaction score
Always wanted the visitor ljn doll. Never find it loose and complete, and boxed ones are out of control when i am looking to buy.
That's how I was too. Until now. Just picked up a small collection of V stuff that had a boxed complete figure, several sets of trading cards, and a couple life sized weapons. Pretty cool, loved the shows.

Reaction score
When I think of all of the Toys that died with LJN, it makes me so angry.
LJN essentially went the way of the do-do because of those stupid Entertech Guns.
If they never made those, we MIGHT have gotten the unreleased V figures, More WWF wrestlers and Thundercats.

Reaction score
I am a HUGE fan of "V" ....

Recently finished up a blu ray rewatch of V mini series and V The Final Battle - I don't have it in me to continue to the one full season.

How a toy company has not jumped on this is beyond me. If someone ever steps up to the plate, I am ALL IN.

Reaction score
All I remember about V is my brother spray painting a huge "V" on our backyard fence. My Dad was super mad at him. I think my parents have a photo if it somewhere. 😂

Reaction score
Unfortunately V is a product of not being allowed to produce the toys, something about an agreement with Lucasfilm?

if the license were used today likeness rights could make this prohibited. Would love to see V solders at the very least.

Reaction score
Unfortunately V is a product of not being allowed to produce the toys, something about an agreement with Lucasfilm?

if the license were used today likeness rights could make this prohibited. Would love to see V solders at the very least.
V was allowed to make toys, You are thinking of Spaceballs. V had a 12" figure released, but nothing else here in the USA

Reaction score
Looked into it a little, The toy company got the 12" figure out but due to season 1 of the series tanking they abandoned the 4" toy line. Some pictures/info in the link below. However with that said behind the scenes Lucasfilm was very agressive about not having competing toy lines with Kenner/Star Wars. I have heard that came into play. But one of the reasons V toys are not made today is that they would need to secure the likeness rights for the "human" actors which may make the toys cost prohibited. I know Boss Fight has been asked several times about V toys, but they won't comment on unannounced or licenses they can't aquire.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I was watching random toy videos about 80's toys and I think one of the reasons was also the company was in financial trouble. Somethng else of interest was the reason figures went down to 4". The cost of oil went up dramatically so it was cheaper to shrink down the toys. I think I heard that in a Micronauts video.

Reaction score
I was watching random toy videos about 80's toys and I think one of the reasons was also the company was in financial trouble. Somethng else of interest was the reason figures went down to 4". The cost of oil went up dramatically so it was cheaper to shrink down the toys. I think I heard that in a Micronauts video.
Oil shortage in the 70s made a lot of plastics companies hurt badly. Look at the mego heads from that time...they all turned zombie gray.