V-35 Landspeeder dimensions?

Reaction score
Hi,

Ok, I'll try my best english here...

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the correct size for a V-35 speeder. I got a nice 3d model from thingiverse but don't know what print scale I should aim for to match 3 3/4" action figures. The problem is, while some technical data found around the web indicates the v-35 measures about 7.5 meters long and carries several passengers, the actual vehicle we see around Mos Eisley in ANH seems to be much smaller than that. It almost looks like a one person vehicle. So what's going on here? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

PS= This free 3d model doesn't have a functional cockpit, so i can't really use any seats for size reference.

Reaction score
I had the same questions when I 3-D printed the V-35 speeder. There is the size of the prop from Star Wars(which is smaller that what is shown in other Star Wars series) and then there is the size of the ship in usage in other Star Wars shows(which seems bigger).

I matched my size with the size of the prop from Star Wars which will seem a bit smaller than other vehicles when put side by side.

Here are a couple of video references from Star Wars behind the scenes action.

Look for the reference at about the 11 minute mark.

Look for the reference at about the 1:06 minute mark.

Utinniii

Reaction score
It was physically a one person vehicle. If you look at C-3P0 after Luke comes back from dinner, you can see how tall it is relative to him. Use that to determine the size.
Here is a pic of a jet engine. The "windshield" is #23. Compare it to IG-88's head (inside #9) and you can get a good idea of scale.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks swatter and Utinniii for your help. That's very useful information.
I think i'll stick with the movie prop dimensions. The larger V-35 would be too much trouble to print and i'm afraid it would look disproportionate next to other vehicles.

Reaction score
Good luck on the project. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!