UTINNIII's Unique Universes Vol 2

Reaction score
That huge dio is like a full-on Halloween village! It’s great stuff.

Utinniii

Reaction score
That huge dio is like a full-on Halloween village! It’s great stuff.
I'm not sure which Halloween Town you mean. I edited a previous post adding a cemetery (which you might have missed), or do you mean my NBC town?

If it is the cemetery, this is the last year it will look like this. I'll be taking out the Haunted Mansion stuff and put it in a new diorama that will fit under my Haunted Mansion diorama. It might actually become 3-4 dioramas as I have way too much stuff to fit in it.

My NBC dio is also underfilled with figures. I didn't want to clutter it this year but will be slowly adding more to it as it becomes Christmasified.

I also have 2 more different scales of figures so perhaps, I will make 2 more dios. I haven't even considered themed ones yet, like TV cartoons, or horror genres.

Reaction score
I like all the spooky-type stuff! I meant the NBC town, but the skeletal riders in the skeletal town square also is an amazing scene with a great vibe. Plus the jack-o-lights by the fireplace!

Utinniii

Reaction score
I realize that I never updated my dios from the last photosucket purge.

Generic landscape

Dagobah

Jeddah

Marvel/DC Warehouse

Generic Space corridors

More to come...

Reaction score
A whole family of Mongo Beefhead Tribesmen? A kid Beef? With a pet turtle-monster? It brought actual tears to my eyes.

It’s everything I love about figures. Looking at the “generic landscape” gave me just a hint of the true old feelings. Not nostalgia or sentiment, but a real jolt of the old stuff. I really was back there for a second.

You can’t do better than that, man.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'm touched to have had such a response.

The landscape was meant to be inspired by old sci-fi shows like Lost in Space or Star Trek. (It was earmarked for Marvel's Magick's Limbo but I haven't really worked on that in a long time).

The turtle can be found in the SW Wildlife book.
The tribe family was a great way to use up crappy fodder. The youngest was from an "European Bendy doll Family set". One of the females might also have been from the same set and they other was probably a Polly Pocket or Disney Princess. I made a cast of a vintage Squidhead and used Model Magic for the casting. Then I changed the tendrils so they all wouldn't look the same.

Reaction score
Yeah, gonna have to agree with Tulgah, the family of Mongo Beefheads is outstanding, even in the field of your other great dioramas. And that Dagobah scene -- WOW! It gave my brain a happy!

Reaction score
I’ve loved the idea of the Mongo Beefhead since its inception in the ‘80s. It was just rumors and hearsay until the internet, after which we all learned about Kenner’s “The Epic Continues” efforts. I have a few customs, and like Utinniii felt the need to cloak them! Because it is a “Tribesman,” I’ve always wanted to see the tribe!
1618116562851.jpeg

Utinniii

Reaction score
I’ve loved the idea of the Mongo Beefhead since its inception in the ‘80s. It was just rumors and hearsay until the internet, after which we all learned about Kenner’s “The Epic Continues” efforts. I have a few customs, and like Utinniii felt the need to cloak them! Because it is a “Tribesman,” I’ve always wanted to see the tribe!
View attachment 383188
Those all look really great!

While few of my figures look like they were produced by Hasbro, they all look distinct from each other. They look like a group of characters, rather than a group of the same figure.
It used to bother me that my figures were obviously custom figures, but now I'm happy that they are. My dios are "my" dios, populated by my creations.

My Beefheads are also more stylish as I gave the teenage female "Uggs".

Reaction score
Exactly! Your creations have your fingerprint (literally). I never know what you’re gonna be working on. Everybody else’s stuff looks the same, but yours truly are surprising. It’s fun.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Exactly! Your creations have your fingerprint (literally). I never know what you’re gonna be working on. Everybody else’s stuff looks the same, but yours truly are surprising. It’s fun.
I really appreciate the sentiment.

More fun!

I loved this game as a child but lost it when our basement flooded. So I had to remake it.

I also made a 3D version of it to use as an ornament. There is a 1:18 scale version of it in my HM attic.

This was my first attempt of making the corridor of doors.

I love me some gremlins!

Volcanic Planet

For a few years, I worked as a Stained glass Artist. This was a group effort, but it is mostly mine. There are over 1000 pieces.

Calvin and Hobbes

Back to SW

Halloween

Full dio for alien landscape

I will post more later.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I love them all, but the Calvin & Hobbes stuff really hit me in the nostalgia! Outstanding stuff!
I really loved Calvin and Hobbes back in the day. That , Far Side and "Bloom County" made reading the comics fun. I think there are a few more figures I'd like to make, but they are way down my list.

I couldn't resist buying this Disney ship (Miles of Tomorrow?) and repainting it. It is almost perfect.

Unbelievable.
Thanks. I'm getting to the end of my dioramas, that is, until I make new ones or go back to my many unfinished ones.

This was an early one, and one I will need to revist.

But this is my pride and joy. I really need to get back to it.

Reaction score
Nobody else has anything close to what you have. Not anyone in the world. You’re the only one doing what you’re doing.

I love how you give almost everybody soft goods. I really like the tall guy with the green head standing next to Sidon Ithano and Quiggold. My favorite guy you’ve ever done might be the beastman holding the C-3PO cereal.

The Jawa scene is truly chilling! As an audience, I’m wondering what the narrative is on that one! Why are all these Jawas seemingly worshipping what looks to be a Mandalorian guy in his underwear? Even on the inexhaustible internet, you’re not gonna see that question ever asked anywhere else. Only on this thread!

Plus, that Jabba’s Palace building looks really sweet! It’s perfect for your arts.

Reaction score
Oh, it’s an auction! They’re bidding! That’s perfect! 😜

Utinniii

Reaction score
Nobody else has anything close to what you have. Not anyone in the world. You’re the only one doing what you’re doing.

I love how you give almost everybody soft goods. I really like the tall guy with the green head standing next to Sidon Ithano and Quiggold. My favorite guy you’ve ever done might be the beastman holding the C-3PO cereal.

The Jawa scene is truly chilling! As an audience, I’m wondering what the narrative is on that one! Why are all these Jawas seemingly worshipping what looks to be a Mandalorian guy in his underwear? Even on the inexhaustible internet, you’re not gonna see that question ever asked anywhere else. Only on this thread!

Plus, that Jabba’s Palace building looks really sweet! It’s perfect for your arts.
I really appreciate that first statement. I don't get a whole lot of love for my customs, probably since they are not SA or realistic.
The Tundra Beast was a sketch considered for the Cantina and finally realized in a commercial.

Oh, it’s an auction! They’re bidding! That’s perfect! 😜
In the first pic they are making it rain singles on my custom female Jawa dancer. In the second they are running away from Boba Fett's "Risky Business" dance. (4:20 in)