UTINNIII's Unique Creations Vol 3

Utinniii

Reaction score
The last few months have been difficult but I finally managed to get some customizing in. I've wanted to make these for ages, and in fact started them a couple of years ago.

Horville with the Nightmare Hut of Horrors

Nightmare Garth the Snake Eater with removable Snakes and Skulls

The Hidious and Bloodcurdling Ploob with Cursed Totem

Bilbob the Mystic with Horrgan

The Unnameable with Frightbladders

I have 2 ideas for these: The first is to make the back of the cardback fold out to make the individual doorways for each character and the second would be to make one large playset, either in the Kenner cardboard/plastic base style, or more likely, a more realistic, multimedia 3D display.

The Kenneresque one would have some kind of play feature like moving a lever so the curtains knock a figure off the platform or a snake launcher.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Those are awesome!!! Good to see someone doing some unique characters!

My favourite medium is Model Magic, mostly for its cheapness and air drying qualities. I can't get nearly the fine detail you get with Sculpy, but its texture lends itself to the animation characters from the Droids and Ewok cartoons.

Here is a group shot

The Juri Juicer VS The Marsupial Mangler

JJ was abducted off Tattoonie as a slave and was targeted for his small size. He quickly learned to defend himself. His owner then put him in the fighting rings where he continues to hone his craft.

MM caught a disease that made him excessively aggressive for his species. He escaped his clan before they could put him down. Fortunately, he was captured by Kilwalla and his Exotic Terrains Safari group and given medicine to curb his homicidal tendencies. He now uses his quick speed and aggression to entertain others in cage fights.

Both bodies are wrestling figures with MMM being a cast of an animal toy.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Kilwalla and his Exotic Terrains Safari group
Kilwalla was the unlikely offspring between two alien species. Unfortunately, he inherited his fur and love of nature from one parent and his need to sweat from the other. The result is that he often appears bedraggled, soaked in his own sweat.
He does his best to ignore this as he gives guided tours of exotic locations.
He has hired two assistants, one for security and the other to aid their guests in outdoor survival and how to cook exotic dishes from the flora and fauna around them.
Their tours are wildly popular and reservations are booked years in advance.

Kilwalla was based off a photoshopped wet Koala. "Mighty World"?? body with a sculpted head.
Cookie is a kiddy toy with a sculpted head based off of a cloud city alien concept art.
Ilzor is from the same set of kiddy toys with a head from a toxic slime toy.

Diva with back up dancers

Diva is a repainted 5th Element figure
Backup Dancer 1 is a repainted Anime figure.
Pahari Backup Dancer 2 is a repainted Lupin the 3rd upper torso, fish lower body and hair from a Anime figure for the fins. Her color scheme is loosely based off a Chris Archillos painting.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Ithorian Storyteller/Information Broker with Bounty Hunter/Assassin

I'm really happy with the Ithorian.
He entertains at bars by telling the best stories. While doing so, he collects information on the patrons and sells any good dirt for the right price.

Frodo body with Momaw Nadon parts.

BountyHunter
Sister body with a Anime helmet.

Reaction score
The Ithorian could hold up in literally any customs display. Well done again indeed!

Utinniii

Reaction score
The Ithorian could hold up in literally any customs display. Well done again indeed!

Thanks. It is a figure where I can easily add a lot more accessories, like strings for his staff, beads and other things. I had considered making one of the communicator headsets for him as well. I may revisit him, but I have so many more figures I want to make.

Blue Skyes is an underworld syndicate boss. She has 2 PPDs with her at all times for pretection. They have excellent scanners, communication, and both can put up force shields that can stand up to even heavy fire.
Currently she is taking to task one of her snitches.

Blue Skyes: head-Black Widow. IDK body.
PPD (Personal
Protection Droids) Max Steel?? accessories with custom bases.
Snitch: Indy body, face cast of a Last Avatar demon, hood from GI Joe figure

I accidentally made a custom. I was harvesting parts for 2 different customs and realized that the pieces actually created an entirely different droid.

Gank with HLA Punisher.

Gank: ?? body with a Dollar Tree chopped up alien accessory for a head. Scrap fabric cape.
HLAs (Happy Little Accidents) Legs from a Ben 10 droid. I'll let you guess the chassis.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Utility Droids

Big Green: Funko head, throwing dart antenna, with a Anime bench
Scuttler: Cast of a larger R2 head, throwing dart antenna, Lego legs (Scorpion)
Fanboy BB Unit: Modified Vader head (eyes), on a BB body

Backgrounders

I always like to have something funny going on in the background, like a Jawa walking an Alien, Xenomorph breakdancer (excessive gold chains & painted painters caps were all the rage in the 80's in my area), Yoda/Jawa dog costume (fixed and completed), more colorful slim creatures, repainted Bandi figures and I finally finished Stegron's Animator gun from the comics.

The Gentleman Pugilist

Greenlantern head of an Anime body.

Creepio and a GERBL Communications Droid

MCToy 3PO repainted. This was based on a conversation when the Special Gold human figures came out and we speculated if we would get flesh colored droids.
GERBL: A piece of a robot model with wheels and greeblies added.

Utinniii

Reaction score
That “Big Green” is just SO sick! I’d love to have that one!
It is literally just the Solo Funko droid head resting on top of a PSE Solid Collection figure's chair. I dirtied it up and drilled a hole for the (throwing) dart piece.
I got the Funko at a discount store and the figure off of ebay (back when overseas shipping was cheap!)

This morning, not only was I not constructive, but I was actively destructive. I stopped just before throwing a Marvel comic villain in the trash. I made the bad decision of transporting fragile figures back and forth and suffered the consequences. I loveModel Magic, but it is so fragile.

Reaction score
I’d imagine that’s quite a problem. It seems like it would be hazardous. I know many customizers who say “not for play.” 😜

Utinniii

Reaction score
I’d imagine that’s quite a problem. It seems like it would be hazardous. I know many customizers who say “not for play.” 😜
"Not for play" would be most of my figures. I consider them more "art" than "action figure".

But here it is:

Criminal Bosses.

Marvel Comics Boss: Frollo body with crafted head, cloth cape and GI Joe? belt and off scale GI Joe bootleg guns
Zanibar Boss: Tarzan body, soft goods.

Children of the Jedi
Callista with Tripods

In the Holojournal "Creatures of Coruscant," it mentions how creatures from other planets are imported or stow aboard vessels and wind up populating the underworld levels after they are released or escape captivity.

This is my third version of Womp Rats made from Zombie dogs.
Durracret Slug: Repainted bug
Underworld crawler: plastic bug with beetle head
Hawkbat: Kong Pepsi toy?
Armoured Arachnid: Shell is from a Dollar Tree Alien gun, legs and claws from plastic bugs
Armoured Lizard: Shell is from a Dollar Tree Alien gun, legs and heads from plastic lizards

Reaction score
The womp rats are just really good. They work so well as a pack. And I always approve of Kitonak aliens like Droopy McCool!

Utinniii

Reaction score
Those womp rats are excellent! What are the grey/silver canisters in that photo?
Fizzy Soda Can Candy. I can get them at Dollar Tree for $1.25 but they are more expensive everywhere else. I throw out the candy. I sculpted a lid and greeblies for them to make R1/Mando containers.

Corpse Droid
Deep within the lower levels of Coruscant, abominations are made, out of sight.

I was really happy to find a used Funko Blurrg today. Here it is next to a Mission Fleet Blurrg for scale. I just boiled and popped (cut a bit) and intend to correct the saddle.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Great now I have to look for a Funko Blurrg!
Great work!
Just one? I could use 3 more. 2 for Mando and one painted up for an unfinished Twilek from Rebels. I suspect that I won't find more for $15 though. There is a balancing issue with them but I haven't really looked into fixing it. It might be as simple as levelling the feet.

That Abomination is really eye-catching!
I think the body is from Titan AE. It is partly translucent. The photo doesn't really show that the hair is real. I got if from the remains of my dog's chew toy.

Here are some reference pics for a few of my recent customs

Utinniii

Reaction score
Dread Pirate Crusher and his crew of cutthroats

When the Dread Pirate Crusher's ship crashed deep in the lower levels of Coruscant, he despaired for just a moment. However, pickings were easy and even after his ship was repaired, he and his crew decided to stay.

Markie: She is used as bait where the crew "defend her honor" against her marks. (Anime with Fortnite head)
Dread Pirate Crusher: Truly vicious, he wears the heads and fangs of defeated enemies. His cabin is adorned with many such trophies. (True Heroes pirate, sculpted head-casts of D&D miniature heads.)

TFA Concept Art for the Dread Pirate.

Pulse: Few know if it is a robot, cyborg or alien, but many regret to learn how deadly. (GI Joe body, Ben 10 head, Big Hero 5 coat, gun barrel hand.)
Slice: A unique droid that is both torturer and slicer. (Lego head, Ben 10 upper body, TPM droid legs.)

Flame Knight: An alien that seems to be nothing but flame in an exo-skeleton. (Lost in Space Body, painted stuffing head)
Ravager: A walking ****nal. GI Joe body, Enfas Nest head, greeblie backpack with wires and weed whacker hoses.)

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
Sweet! These are great!

Where are you getting the 1:18-scale "cheesecake" figures from, anyway?
You want more cheescake? I got more cheesecake!
They are more 1/16 scale than 1/18 unfortunately but so long as they aren't side by side with a SW figure, or I've painted them up like an alien it doesn't matter if they are taller.

I've gotten them all from Ebay. A few years ago there was a seller in Japan that let you bid for a month and then would combine shipping, so they wound up being really cheap. Nowadays shipping is a lot more. I watched the sellers for a long time and had a low max bid. The same figure would sell for $2-20 at different times so I knew that if I was patient, I would get it for a low price (usually averaged to about $6/figure.
It was also hard to tell scale sometimes so I have a dozen or so figures that are really 5-6 inch figures. If you keyword Anime girl figure (or Godzilla) on Ebay, you can find a seller that has them starting at over a buck with $6 something shipping and $2 extra/per figure. The people I used a few years ago are gone now. Good luck finding some if you want any.

Reaction score
You want more cheescake? I got more cheesecake!
They are more 1/16 scale than 1/18 unfortunately but so long as they aren't side by side with a SW figure, or I've painted them up like an alien it doesn't matter if they are taller.

I've gotten them all from Ebay. A few years ago there was a seller in Japan that let you bid for a month and then would combine shipping, so they wound up being really cheap. Nowadays shipping is a lot more. I watched the sellers for a long time and had a low max bid. The same figure would sell for $2-20 at different times so I knew that if I was patient, I would get it for a low price (usually averaged to about $6/figure.
It was also hard to tell scale sometimes so I have a dozen or so figures that are really 5-6 inch figures. If you keyword Anime girl figure (or Godzilla) on Ebay, you can find a seller that has them starting at over a buck with $6 something shipping and $2 extra/per figure. The people I used a few years ago are gone now. Good luck finding some if you want any.
Neat-O!

Nah, I'm not planning on going out of my way to get anything like that, I was just wondering. Thanks for the info, though!

Reaction score
I thought I was watching this forum, but I must have forgotten email reminders! Great job Utinni! I hadn't even heard of or seen many of these characters from ewoks or the comics. Thanks for posting reference pictures for those of us who only think they know Star Wars.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I thought I was watching this forum, but I must have forgotten email reminders! Great job Utinni! I hadn't even heard of or seen many of these characters from ewoks or the comics. Thanks for posting reference pictures for those of us who only think they know Star Wars.
I'm happy to help others expand their custom selection. I have a lot of background photos and have taken the time to make screen grabs for figures I may want to make. Just doing that brings me joy.

Here are some more backgrounders made from fodder remains.

Reaction score
That purple wolf-lion-wookiee guy provides a true feast for the eyes! 🤩😍