Utinniii's Unique Creations Vol 2

Utinniii

Reaction score
Since all the photo links have been destroyed in my previous thread, I'm starting over here.

Here's a WIP, although I think I will enjoy the animal unharnessed for awhile. I'm really happy with it as is.

Reaction score
Fantastic job! Congratulations! I envy your talent.

Is this animal from Star Wars or did you just make it up? It certainly looks starwarsy...

Reaction score
I don't customize at all. don't have the talent. That's why I envy those who can!

Thank you for pointing out that the creature appears in Rogue one. I'll keep an eye out, next time.

Reaction score
Yes. A really tall one.
Isn’t it crazy how things that seem so outlandish in fiction can sometimes actually be less wweird than real things? If you showed someone who’d never seen a giraffe a picture of this creature and a giraffe, they’de probably say this was the real one because who would believe a neck like a giraffe could exist?

Reaction score
That's the most interesting creature I've seen in the new films so far. And it's way in the background.

Your custom of it is great Utinniii. I can see using Teflon tape(white plumber's tape) for the legs and weathering it up. They make a yellow kind for gas pipes too if yellow is a better starting point. Either tape will still give the fabric lines kind of like that image you posted of it.

And that rolled up ladder is easily toothpicks and white string.

The saddle should be easy to pick up off ebay or from an off brand doll horse. And that horse might work for the Ewok's caravan horse if you find a good match. :{D

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
That's the most interesting creature I've seen in the new films so far. And it's way in the background.

Your custom of it is great Utinniii. I can see using Teflon tape(white plumber's tape) for the legs and weathering it up. They make a yellow kind for gas pipes too if yellow is a better starting point. Either tape will still give the fabric lines kind of like that image you posted of it.

And that rolled up ladder is easily toothpicks and white string.

The saddle should be easy to pick up off ebay or from an off brand doll horse. And that horse might work for the Ewok's caravan horse if you find a good match. :{D
I wanted to make one as soon as I saw the concept painting of it. I'll be using twine for the "stirrups" and paper raffee for the legs. Tape is good but the wrong texture.
I need to dig out my white string for the ladder. I intend to scratch-build the saddle and tack.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Cool. Is paper raffee that stretchy looking paper for decorating? :{J
Possibly. Crepe paper is thick wrinkled tissue paper and is used for banners or garlands. Raffia (it helps if I spell it correctly) is even thicker but in thin, almost cord-like strips. Some wine bottles have it. Just don't get you spelling confused with the singer.

We were talking about Bluescale earlier. Here's mine.

Reaction score