Utah Finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Nothing new here, but I guess you got to go look if you want to find anything.......

I wish there was a shop localy that sold higher end collectibles. Man, all alone I could support that place I'm sure.

Seriously, just wish there was someplace in the "Real World" that carried this stuff so a guy wouldn't have to rack up serious charges on his CC's.

Reaction score
DJ, I checked out the hiding spot for the animated Clone Trooper I hid for you and he is still there. Not sure if you want him or not.

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Black Dog:
DJ, I checked out the hiding spot for the animated Clone Trooper I hid for you and he is still there. Not sure if you want him or not.
<font size="2" face="arial">Thanks TBD, I must have been looking in the wrong place.

If you left him there, I'll try and get there to get him eventualy.

Having no wheels while at work sucks......

And not wanting to face the LAYTON TRAFFIC after work is almost as bad.

[ 03-11-2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Reaction score
Instead of Look What I found, how about we petition to rename the thread to Look What I have not Found? Any takers? Do not go to any store in Riverdale to Layton. There is nothing in em. Also, if you collect LOTR Wally has raised their price from $4.97 to $5.88. Bet SW is next and that is why product is so hard find . . . . all the stores are raising prices because fuel costs are so high.

Reaction score
Okay, DJ, I am with you and am done with RS for now (I'll use this thread for awhile). I am going to find another board to start posting my finds and stuff. I know that Obi Juan has shared a few. Obi Juan, any suggestions? I am with you 100% now.

Reaction score
Okay, DJ, I am with you and am done with RS for now (I'll use this thread for awhile). I am going to find another board to start posting my finds and stuff. I know that Obi Juan has shared a few. Obi Juan, any suggestions? I am with you 100% now.
<font size="2" face="arial">I like the features at http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=3456 . Notify, watch thread, a great community and a low level of noise.

[ 03-11-2004, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Deanpaul ]

G

For those interested in the gentle giant busts shopafx.com has a pretty good deal. $119 for Greedo, Tarkin, and the Biker Scout plus a free gift. One of the free options happens to be a Marmit At-At driver which retails for about $99. I was thinking of selling the Marmit kit on ebay for the going rate of about $75-80 which would bring down the price of the busts to 3 for $45. Not bad at all.

Reaction score
Thanks DeanPaul. Looks like I am going to use JediDefender from now on. My name is TheBlackDog65. Look forward to seeing some of you over there.
TBD signing off of RS. I will check PM's and will still post occassionally probably, but I really do want to move off of ths site.

Reaction score
Found the Ultra assortment of Jabba, Jabba's Denizens, Jango Kamino, Obi-Wan Kamino this morning. Only Jabba's Denizens were mint out of the whole loot. I thought these new Ultra figures with better card would be easier to find mint, but I'm finding it is not the case.

Reaction score
Like TBD said, there's simply nothing out there to be had right now.

(so make with the details TBD why the move?)

So I'm concentrating my efforts on trying to pacify my HIGHER END addiction.

Only problem there is, these things are seriously getting exspensive....

I've recently picked up only a few items and have spent close to $200, and still have a serious urge to pick up a few more soon.

Like the Green Clone Sargent Mini Bust and a CinemaCast Vader......
But I just HAVE TO HAVE THEM.

It's still difficult for the "CHEAP SKATE" in me to dish out that much scratch all on one purchase.

[ 03-12-2004, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Reaction score
Hey - Ryan reported in teh Saga section that he found the Jedi Cinema Scenes at Target for around 5 bucks each... If anyone sees them, please remember your pal Deanpaul. I need the two Jedi sets, package condition is not important.

Thanks.

Reaction score
deanpaul, the riverdale Target had zip for those screen scenes sorry.

Reaction score
Why don't we just start our own forum? It's not hard, hell I'll even set it up if everyone'll use it.
-Ty-

Reaction score
Tyler I am more than happy to help out with our own forum that's why i suggested it a while back.... I have been running and skinning forums for a while now.. I also have the webspace to do it...
right now i am running a forum on my site but I'll look into setting up a 2nd forum there...
I use phpbb boards because i find them much better than ubb or any other type...

Reaction score
Ok, I am ALL for our own forum. I have finds but won't post them here.

Reason: I am tired of Forum Moderators acting like they own the site. I made a post in the saga yesterday about Gen. Grevious and that image is grevious to true SW fan and I asked if that is what the figure looks like, will you buy it?

Somebody moved the thread and closed it cause they said it was about a picture not the toy. Sorry, I disagree. I was not asking about the picture, my post was about a toy based on the picture, much like the Jedi Council 3 Picture at GalaticHunter.
I just want a forum where we can discuss what we want amoung us and screw the rest. I can lurk and find out what I need, but I really enjoy everyone's association here. Anyway, that's why so I will lurk and only post now in response to questions or to moving to a new forum or one we create.
Edit: I have posted several times over at JediDefender. Hope to see you over there!
Later.

[ 03-12-2004, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: The Black Dog ]

G

Hey guys!
I've been lurking here for way too long. Some of you know me, some don't. I figured that I'd introduce myself. I use to be an admin at jundlandwastes.com until we shut the site down and merged with alltroops.com. I am no longer involved in the site due to time constraints but still collect.
I couldn't help but notice that some of you are looking for a "new home." Alltroops has just launched their forums and the mods are all pretty cool. They wouldn't give you much hassle there. If you're interested, the link is www.alltroops.com/forum.asp.

Reaction score
DP, you have an email.

Orem Target had nothing new this morning.

Has anyone besides dp, road, and DJ tried SSG? That's usually where I hang out. I've found the mods to be good and the regular posters are typically friendly to each other and newcomers. I haven't had any hostility there like I've seen here. Plus their threads aren't totally SW-related like what I've seen at RS.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat:
DP, you have an email.

<font size="2" face="arial">You rule MC!

I'm all set now on the Cinema Scenes I posted about earlier. Thanks to everyone who was willing to help me out!

[ 03-13-2004, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Deanpaul ]

Reaction score
Man, I can't access that link. But I'm all for a Utah forums somewhere else. Please keep us posted.

Reaction score
Obi Juan, we are all over at JediDefender if you click on DeanPaul's link. Hope to see you there.

Reaction score
Originally posted by road:
check it out utah... signings
<font size="2" face="arial">Gawd, I hate Jordan Commons, but I may just have to ***** myself to go see Ray Park. Any idea if admission is required and, if so, how much?

Reaction score
Ok, I am ALL for our own forum. I have finds but won't post them here.

Reason: I am tired of Forum Moderators acting like they own the site.
<font size="2" face="arial">That's too bad. As far as I know, the mods have never touched the "Utah Finds" board. I don't like some of the stuff they've done lately (especially the garbage with the post counts. I think they never had any intention of keeping them even though they had a "vote"). But the bottom line is that RS has the best, most accurate figure news on the net and I don't have time to jump from one forum to the next. I have, at best, fifteen minutes a day to give to collecting sites and this one gets at least ten of it. The only way I'll move is if there is a community where there are some active St. George posters. I hope this is just a temporary thing for some of you guys and you don't ditch permanently.

Reaction score
Edit: Removed post. Nothing to really say.

[ 03-14-2004, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: The Black Dog ]

Reaction score
Anyone who's interested, go here and sign up.
http://utahstarwars.proboards3.com/index.cgi
-Ty-

Edit: I need like 2 more people to be mods, if you're interested, let me know. I'd prefer 2 people that are active on here...

Edit #2: All boards are visible to members only (except the discussion forum), so you can be secure in the knowledge that all info is safe from prying eyes. Once we get going, I'll cut off random people from signing up, then it's by invitation only so we know who we're dealing with.

[ 03-15-2004, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Tyler Pugmire ]

Reaction score
Ty,

"Did you ever know that your my hero!" I'll call you today if you want about being a mod. Time is my worry during the week. I will be transforming to this site and using Jedi Defender. RS will become more of a lurker site for me . . . .

[ 03-15-2004, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: The Black Dog ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Karrde:

That's too bad. As far as I know, the mods have never touched the "Utah Finds" board. I don't like some of the stuff they've done lately (especially the garbage with the post counts. I think they never had any intention of keeping them even though they had a "vote"). But the bottom line is that RS has the best, most accurate figure news on the net and I don't have time to jump from one forum to the next. I have, at best, fifteen minutes a day to give to collecting sites and this one gets at least ten of it. The only way I'll move is if there is a community where there are some active St. George posters. I hope this is just a temporary thing for some of you guys and you don't ditch permanently.
<font size="2" face="arial">Agreed, RS does have the best news, but the forum I created isn't supposed to replace this one, it's just a place for the locals to hang out and talk SW. A lot of people don't post finds here because anyone can look and not post. I honestly think that's a big part of the reason that nobody can find anything lately. The local forum is protected from viewing by non-members so it's totally secure. On a side note, how long have you lived in St. George? I used tolive there about 5 years ago and was one of 3 collectors in the whole city, do I know you?

-Ty-

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tyler Pugmire:
Agreed, RS does have the best news, but the forum I created isn't supposed to replace this one, it's just a place for the locals to hang out and talk SW. A lot of people don't post finds here because anyone can look and not post. I honestly think that's a big part of the reason that nobody can find anything lately. The local forum is protected from viewing by non-members so it's totally secure. On a side note, how long have you lived in St. George? I used tolive there about 5 years ago and was one of 3 collectors in the whole city, do I know you?

-Ty-
<font size="2" face="arial">Well, I've only noticed a lack of finds in the Davis/Salt Lake/Utah County Metroplex since we became more careful about posting finds. I think the recent drought is unrelated.

I'm not in St. George yet, but am being transferred at the beginning of May. Any help on the best spots to look (I know, Vegas
) would be much appreciated. I'm leaning towards buying by the case at this point.

Reaction score
That was a gread Idea Ty. From now I'm just going there to post. The mods do indeed treat you like crap here.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Karrde:

I'm not in St. George yet, but am being transferred at the beginning of May. Any help on the best spots to look (I know, Vegas
) would be much appreciated. I'm leaning towards buying by the case at this point.
<font size="2" face="arial">Well, lets see. It's been a while since I've had to worrk about hunting down there, but definitley Wal-Mart (they have 2 now), and Target. Software ETC in the mall used to be good back in the day. Look there primarily for the same stuff that Gamestop here sells. Only benefit there is that stuff sits longer and gives you a better chance. There's a Hurst Ace Hardware store on the corner of Bluff St. and St. George Blvd. that used to have a lot of older stuff, but it was always overpriced. Rite-Aid on the Blvd. is good for older stuff as well. Besides that, I don't really know. Also, don't count Cedar City out. I know it's a drive, but there are a lot of stores there too.
Hope that gives you a little help!
-Ty-

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat:
Not that anyone would care, cause it seems that noone's around here anymore, but Orem Target had more OB1/DM cups this morning. Nothing else new, though.
<font size="2" face="arial">MC, here's the link to Utah Collectors new home on the range....from Tylers post above.

Anyone who's interested, go here and sign up.
http://utahstarwars.proboards3.com/index.cgi
-Ty-

Reaction score
Not that anyone would care, cause it seems that noone's around here anymore, but Orem Target had more OB1/DM cups this morning. Nothing else new, though.

Reaction score
Been real, been fun but I can't say it's been real fun.

PEACE......OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.