Utah Finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ahhh...Riverdale, the Jundland Wastes of Utah.

Wal Mart, well it's Riverdale WM.

Target has one or more of every Animated CW figure, with the exceptions of Yoda and the Clonetrooper...

ShopKo has jack squat.

Sad thing is, after walking out of ShopKo, which is a few doors down from TRU, I just couldn't make myself go to TRU. Got in the ol' Truck and went home.

The $80 tag for a koto Vader ain't too bad!

Don't wanna brag, so I won't say what I paid for mine.....

So, no one has an extra carded Concept Stormie they'd like to sell for $10?

G

Originally posted by DarhJin:
Does anyone have a Carded Concept Stormie they might want to sell for around $10?

A friend in TX was looking so I told him I'd ask youse guys as well.

If ya got one, please let me know.
<font size="2" face="arial">Sorry, Sold out of all of them till the toy show.

Reaction score
Sorry, Sold out of all of them till the toy show.
<font size="2" face="arial">

Ahhh sold out?

Did simply_TBD get them all then?

Back to serioos bizness....

He's in no real hurry so, I told him I'd have a look at the show as well. If anyone will have one there that would work too.

I don't feel so bad since his area is almost as barren as ours is.....

[ 03-08-2004, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Reaction score
Hi Guys. As Tyler said we found the Jabba palace three pack as well as jabba himself. We also found series 15 Simpsons. It sucks that the Simpsons Line is ending. Man no luck on finding the yavin wave. Does anyone have any extras of this wave????????

G

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Sorry, Sold out of all of them till the toy show.

Ahhh sold out?

Did simply_TBD get them all then?

</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Nope someone on in CA

Reaction score
Hey guys does anybody need the new 12" Jawas? I have a extra set. I thought I would ask before I take them back.

[ 03-08-2004, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Darth Midion ]

Reaction score
Been sick, and will do this post. Ty, I will call you when I get out of my next class.

Yavin wave is hitting in Utah, thanks OP for you help!
Have you all been checking Albertson's? I had to get a prescritption filled on Friday and what did I find? The Luke Jedi wave there! Albertson's is carrying the figures, mine had two pegs dedicated. Price I believe was $5.99 or $6.99. Anyway, another store to look at if your shopping.

BTW DJ, I have 10000 concepts that are making their way to the Toy Show for $15 a pop. I hope to clone another 10000 to sell there! Ok, joke, I am NOT simply_TBD!
The north has been dry too long but I predict the drought continues until August like last year, then the waves will hit in rehash and you can find everything. Then we move into a movie year so the beginning of next year is going to be DRY, DRY, DRY until April.

G

Originally posted by Darth Midion:
Hey guys does anybody need the new 12" Jawas? I have a extra set. I thought I would ask before I take them back.
<font size="2" face="arial">Nope got mine last week, but I am looking for the Ewoks if anyone has a extra set.

Reaction score
Albertsons....
wow didn't even think to ever look there...
seems weird that they would have anything...

Reaction score
DJ, your cool, I know your only joking . . . . at least until the Toy Fair. AFTER that you can call me that (joke).

Reaction score
Oh yeah, at Riverdale Target they had the Darth Maul Cups and the Old Ben Kenobi Cups by where the pegs were empty of figures.

G

Originally posted by The Black Dog:
Oh yeah, at Riverdale Target they had the Darth Maul Cups and the Old Ben Kenobi Cups by where the pegs were empty of figures.
<font size="2" face="arial">Nice, but not sure they are worth the price

Reaction score
This is coming from a collector over on the LordOfTheRingsGuide.com. Thought some of us here might like it. I know I have been some of them. . . . . . .

They are collecting-specific mental disorders. Any of this sound like you?

1. Section organization obsession/compulsion: Feeling the need to organize the specific section in the toy aisle of the line(s) you collect, sometimes with the fantasy that the stockers will notice either the number of pegwarmers and put them on clearance or there is available space on the pegs and order new product. Examples of this behavior are putting all of one action figure on one peg, and sorting action figures by waves or using some other classification system.

2. Collection presentation visitation anxiety: Feelings of fear present when individuals who are NOT collectors observe your collection at close proximity that they will clumsily bump into your shelves/etc. creating a catastrophic domino effect with your loose action figures.

3. Toy Production Fantasia: Wasting one's mental energy and time thinking of things for toy companies to produce that have not yet been made and you are NOT an employee of that company involved in the decision-making process.

4. Completist Irrational Self-Defeating Resentment: Feeling anger toward a toy company for your purchasing an item you do not want because it has perhaps been re-issued in different packaging but feeling a compulsion to purchase it because having an "incomplete" collection creates feelings of anxiety and dissatisfaction.

5. Collecting-Related Self-Induced Sleep Deprivation Disorder: Making yourself get up at ridiculous hours to search open-24-hours toy markets or to be in the toy aisle when the store opens to have a chance at the first fruits. Can be measured in degrees, with most severe cases feeling a compulsion to do this almost every day, even when experience has shown stores do not stock every day.

6. Collecting-Hypocrite-In-Denial Syndrome: Feeling superior to other toy collectors because in your mind, what you collect is more "cool" than what they collect.

7. Toys-As-Drugs Significant Other Avoidance Syndrome: Feeling a need to hide your new acquisitions from disapproving significant others (romantic partners, parents, co-workers, etc.) to either avoid confrontation (i.e. "You spend too much money on toys!") or ridicule.

8. Inanimate Object Irrational Anger Displacement: Cursing/screaming at loose action figures that will not consistently stand up and sometimes fall down, knocking over other loose action figures in close proximity. Sometimes involves "threatening" the offending action figure with the oven, dismemberment, etc., if it keeps falling down and informing it that it can be easily replaced by another from Ebay or some other toy source.

9. Pre-Purchase Damage-By-Cashier Anxiety: Feelings of fear that the cashier will crease the card/crush the bubble during the process of scanning and bagging your mint-on-mint-card action figures.

COMPETITIVE COLLECTING REACTION: A feeling of urgency and a quickening of movement when entering the toy aisle and noticing another person ogling the section you have come to investigate, emotional experience and behavioral reaction made more intense by noticing new product on the pegs/shelves. Sometimes results in grabbing behavior.

COLLECTOR CAPITALIST RESENTMENT SYNDROME: Nurturing a mortal hatred of individuals, commonly dubbed scalpers, who purchase new toys and then attempt to sell them at inflated prices to others. Another syndrome that can manifest in degrees, from mild annoyance to murderous inclinations.

PREJUDICIAL PACKAGE DAMAGING COMPULSION: Affects some loose collectors, involves deliberately damaging carded action figures in the store, presumably so carded collectors will have to pass them by and they will remain in the store for either loose collectors or, in rare cases, children. Motivated by a PSEUDO-MORAL COLLECTING DELUSION that loose collecting is somehow more ethical than carded collecting.

AVARICIOUS COLLECTING DELUSION: The belief that all these mass-produced toys that tons of people now collect will someday be worth significantly more money than they are today.

IRRATIONAL PACKAGING SEPARATION ANXIETY: A feeling of loss or intrinsic "wrongness" in throwing away packaging of a toy that has been opened. Sufferers of this disorder sometimes have closets full of empty boxes and carefully-sliced open cards with minimal damage.

ACUTE ACCESSORY LOSS GRIEF DISORDER: Losing/misplacing an action figure accessory that results in a profound feeling of frustration and loss and often is followed by the re-purchase of the same action figure so you have a "complete" one.

COLLECTOR IDENTITY SHAME DISORDER: Feeling a compulsion to conceal one's collecting from the general public. Sometimes results in only entering toy aisle when no one else is in the aisle and making inane dishonest comments to cashiers like "This is a birthday present for my nephew."

COLLECTOR RETAIL RETURN POLICY ABUSE: Purchasing items for collecting purposes and then changing ones' mind for any number of reasons and returning them to a store that accepts packaged returns, even if the items were not purchased there. Often accompanied by lame excuses like "I got these for my birthday and I already had them." Acute sufferers of this disorder are scalpers/hoarders who purchase multiples of new or "rare" items and then when said items become common at retail or fail to significantly increase in secondary market value, will return hoarded multiples to a retail outlet.

ACQUISITIVE ARMY BUILDER MEGALOMANIA: A compulsion to purchase every "army builder" action figure you find. Very difficult to resist when said army builders are found at clearance prices, even if action figures are not needed/wanted for a specific purpose.

COLLECTOR PRE-PURCHASE MANIC EPISODE

Characterized by an initial state of excitement upon finding new items at retail followed by a state of mild to intense paranoia that others will try to take your find from you, so you try to haul your stash as quickly and as discreetly as possible to the nearest check out aisle. This sometimes involves, in cases of finding multiple items at once, carrying stacks of carded action figures precariously balanced between your hands rather than leave them unattended to go get a shopping cart for fear that in the one minute it takes to go fetch a shopping cart, someone else will materialize and rob you of your find while you are absent from the toy aisle. Such an episode is often followed by:

POST-GRATIFICATION-TRANSFER-OF-OBSESSION COLLECTING REACTION in which, after finding new items you have searched for, you almost immediately begin the contemplation of purchasing even newer items you have not found yet that may not even have been released to retail, that you have so far only seen loose pics of on the internet.

TOY INDUCED GRATIFICATION INVERSION DISORDER
The feeling of satisfaction at making a great find rapidly dissipates once the toy is placed amongst others in the collection. This leads to a dramatic let-down and feeling of gnawing emptiness which spawns the:

ACQUISITION ANXIETY FLUX
Once having acquired yet another 'important', 'htf' or 'grail' piece and having placed it amongst its brethren, the collector feels at once proud of the piece and resentful of it. The piece has robbed the collector of the thrill of needing and hunting for something. In a sense, this is the loss of innocence and purpose. In desperate need of identity and meaning, the collector is driven to recapture the lost innocence. This is typically accomplished by means of:

SELF-INDUCED INCOMPLETION DELUSIONS
The collector convinces himself that his collection is incomplete, as a pretext to hunt for more toys. Casual glances at the collection can bring sudden feelings of self-hate, which is often mixed with self-pity. Concurrently, the collector balances his psyche by generating a visceral need for another toy to 'complete' the collection. The hunt is on, and the collector consults various on-line support groups in the quest for fulfillment. Gratification, though, is short-lived, as the Find typically leads to the TOY INDUCED GRATIFICATION INVERSION DISORDER, and the cycle repeats.

Pre-Order Anxiety Syndrome
This disorder is caused when viewing a shopping website allowing a "pre-order" for a toy or collectible that is very high on your wish list. The tiny thought of you not finding the item leads you into a panic, causing you to pre-order the item as well as a few other toys you may or may not have bought just to save on shipping.

which leads to the stress and frustration of actually FINDING the toy at a much better price, AND... before your item even arrives at your door.

COPYCAT COLLECTING DISORDER
This illness comes from seeing a friend or stranger with a COOL looking toy(s) that you never thought of collecting. You envy this person. You want to be this person. But to do that... you must OWN THAT TOY (or collection). So begins your trek of collecting the other toy line you never thought you would.

This disorder is also linked to:

MUST BUY SOMETHING STRESS
This is when you go to any old store unsuccessful of finding anything, so you buy a completely random toy just to satisfy that inner urge to spend.

G

Originally posted by The Black Dog:
Is any of this stuff really worth the price?
<font size="2" face="arial">nope, as my wife says it is just a $6 piece of plastic.

Reaction score
That's quite the list. I noticed some categorys that I could fit in, at one time or another.

Reaction score
There's also the NEED TO CLASSIFY EVERY TINY DETAIL ABOUT COLLECTING SYNDROME.

Yeah, I probably have fallen into every single category at one time or another.

Reaction score
DJ, your cool, I know your only joking

Thought so, but wanted to make sure I wasn't working your last nerve....

Still Nada for me!

G

3x Jedi Luke sighted at FM in Bountiful last night. Assorted Hoth/Tatooine Droids also.

Reaction score
This morning Orem Target had Jabba, Jabba's denizens, Jango and Obi-Wan ultra figs. They also had 1 Cartoon Network clonetrooper and 2 Yoda's.

Reaction score
Oh, and PLEASE no one ever show TBD's list there to my wife.....

I'd never hear the end of it.

Reaction score
Originally posted by count poodooku:
This morning Orem Target had Jabba, Jabba's denizens, Jango and Obi-Wan ultra figs. They also had 1 Cartoon Network clonetrooper and 2 Yoda's.
<font size="2" face="arial">Speaking of Orem Target, they also got in a shipment of OB1/DM cups yesterday, but the cinema scenes were gone. Does anyone know if Target started putting these on clearance (cause I couldn't find any on the endcaps) or did they just pull them?

Reaction score
Yes, sorry to hear of your troubles TK.

If there's anything that I can help out with in your collecting, just give me a shout.

Like I ever find anything, but it's the thought that counts right?

Forgot to mention that the KB Toys in New Gate Mall is no longer. Was there last night and it is all closed up, everything gone.

[ 03-09-2004, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

G

Nothing for me in the past 10 days mainly cause I dont have the t-bird fixed yet. I was told on Friday it will cost more money
. Looks like hunting and collecting out of the picture for me for awhile.

Good luck hunting everyone, my the force be with you. This stormtrooper is going away for a little bit.

[ 03-09-2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: TK-9002 ]

Reaction score
Holy Smokes.....this is the slowest I've seen it in here for sometime now.

No posts since yesterday......

Guess the whole state's like the Jundland Wastes anymore.

So, anyone see the rumored SILVER SANDTROOPER on the front page?

Reaction score
I saw a Jedi Luke and an Obi-Wan cup at Layton Target yesterday. Not too spectacular, but I guess it's something.

Reaction score
So, anyone see the rumored SILVER SANDTROOPER on the front page?
<font size="2" face="arial">I hear it will a Celebration III exclusive, similar to the Jorg Sacul figure for Celebration II. Maybe this time they will be smart and offer it thru the fan club or the new Starwarsshop.com store, so others that can't attend can still get one.

It is very slow in the Utah forums, is everyone laying low until the toyshow in 3 1/2 weeks, or filling their trunks like simply_TBD?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Obi-Scott:
I saw a Jedi Luke and an Obi-Wan cup at Layton Target yesterday. Not too spectacular, but I guess it's something.
<font size="2" face="arial">I am thinking along the same lines Obi-Scott. They are priced at $9.99 each
and at this point I would rather spend the $50 that all 5 will cost on a .45 replica lightsaber or mini-bust that are much cooler and a better display item. I also hear they will probably do a wave 2 of the collector glasses and therein lies another reason not to start collecting them.

DJ, I am slowing converting to other items in the Star Wars collecting realm. When I see crap like these glasses and all the re-packs we have, the props, busts, etc. are becoming much more appealing.

As TBD says in his profile quote, become a non-completist collector. I have held the completist ideaology since 1995 for the figures, so if I do give up on this, then maybe I will enjoy the freedom as he states.

Reaction score
It's kinda hard to fill your trunk when there's nothing out there to fill it with.

Hope that Sandtrooper is easily attainable for sure.

If not, will have to start the beggin now.

Reaction score
thanx for the heads up hammer... picked up the jedi luke last night...

Reaction score
Well I scored the four cases of the Yavin wave today at two Targets. They'll be for sale at the Toy Show.
(If I wink I'm joking)
Actually I am selling off most of my vechiles from POTF, Ep. I, POTJ. ALOT almost all, of my carded POTJ, Saga, Ep. I and POTF2 with alot of the same loose figures. All my extra's hopefully will go! Might sell some new figures as well.

Ty, you have a new PM.

Edit: I am not getting out of collecting or getting rid of my collection. I still have one of every figure and they are on display or carefully boxed up in my closet. Just do not need to have four, five or six of everything.

[ 03-11-2004, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: The Black Dog ]

Reaction score
DJ, I am slowing converting to other items in the Star Wars collecting realm. When I see crap like these glasses and all the re-packs we have, the props, busts, etc. are becoming much more appealing.

Give into your anger and hate, feel the darkside flow through you......oh and welcome to the Darkside of collecting.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Darth Midion:
Hi Guys. As Tyler said we found the Jabba palace three pack as well as jabba himself. We also found series 15 Simpsons. It sucks that the Simpsons Line is ending. Man no luck on finding the yavin wave. Does anyone have any extras of this wave????????
<font size="2" face="arial">The simpsons line is ending?? I hadn't heard that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.