Utah Finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Originally posted by optimus prime:
Has anyone here bought the Disney Star Tours figures?
<font size="2" face="arial">I got two of the first three right when they come out. They where phone ordered like yours and came in pretty good shape. I ordered them from Disneyland and they shipped them really good.

The third was when a friend of mine when last year and took a Star Case so it would not be damaged on the way back trip.

As for the other 6 I am not sure I am going to get them or not. They are $10 a figure.

Reaction score
bleh... not worth it to me..
I doubt I'll pick those up..

when down to orem target and picked up an A wing..
fairly cool and for half off.. the right price..
I don't collect vehicles but have a few for show.. It's nice to take them out of the box...

Reaction score
Originally posted by Karrde:
Did you get them directly from Disney?
How much did they charge with shipping?
<font size="2" face="arial">Yes I ordered them directly from Disney World. I tried Disneyland considering it is closer but was on hold for over 30 minutes so I gave up on them. Disney World answered my call right away. Each figure costs $10 and it was $10 to ship, so my total for all 9 came to $100. They are cool figures and want them to be part of my collection, so I am going to return them and hope they get it right the second time. I may take the family to Disneyland this summer, so if it doesn't work the second time I will wait for summer.

Reaction score
Optimus,

I would buy the R5-D2 (?) if that is the right name from you regardless of condition. I'm an opener. Let me know if he is one of the beat up cards.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tyler Pugmire:
You know, we MIGHT have a Star Tours figure or two at the show...
-Ty-
<font size="2" face="arial">True, but I have a poor track record of actually making it to the show. I'm full of intention, but when it comes down to it my wife often has/makes/insists upon other plans.

All I know is that I saw one at an online retailer last week and was ready to place an order. Then I remembered I prefer not to buy stuff online. Unless I must.

Must I? Anyone know of an R5-D2 in the valley looking for a good home?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Deanpaul:
I would buy the R5-D2 (?) if that is the right name from you regardless of condition. I'm an opener. Let me know if he is one of the beat up cards.
<font size="2" face="arial">Deanpaul, I am returning the loot in hopes that I get what I ordered the next time. They at Disney World tried to blame shipping, but I assured them these were well hammered before. Looking at my order form the instructions to get mint/collector grade cards was in very fine print at the bottom. No wonder they gave me any old figure. I am clearly stating what I am looking for on the return invoice so they won't miss it this time. If you or anyone else is interested in these figures you can call them at 407-363-6200. Really pretty easy to order, just need to specify if you are a carded collector that they meet your specs. $10 per figure (same as if you were at the theme park) which is cheaper than online retailers or ebay.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Tyler Pugmire:
-Ty-
<font size="2" face="arial">True, but I have a poor track record of actually making it to the show. I'm full of intention, but when it comes down to it my wife often has/makes/insists upon other plans.

All I know is that I saw one at an online retailer last week and was ready to place an order. Then I remembered I prefer not to buy stuff online. Unless I must.

</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I don't think I have R5-D2, but I know of sure that I have SK-Z38 (or whatever his name is). If you want him, I'll hold him and you can pick it up sometime, or I can meet you somewhere. Only $11.00 and he's yours.
-Ty-

Reaction score

Is NADA a good thing?

Oh, wait!

I did find something that made me smile.

My mom found 2 of my original SW cards that came packed in with loaves of Wonder Bread back in the day.

One is the Falcon and the other is Chewie.

Oh the memories........

simply_TBD, still haven't had time to go to that place you were telling me about, wonder if our friend is still there. Thanks for trying to help BTW.

[ 03-03-2004, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Starbuck II:
I wondering if anybody has found the target drinking glass with figure yet?
<font size="2" face="arial">I have not seen them. On the RS main page someone back east found them in the last day or two. Does anyone know if they are in the toy section or housewares?

The lack of figures here is Utah can be attributed to the rumor that simply_TBD worked out a deal with the Hasbro rep he met and is keeping all the new figures to re-sell at the toyshow.

G

Originally posted by STARBUCK II:
Hoo Ya!! I wondering if anybody has found the target drinking glass with figure yet? Its been so dry lately I don't know what its like to get a little bit of merchandise in.
<font size="2" face="arial">Not sure if I will even get them if found. All they are is another repack figure with a glass.
Maybe something new would be nice

Reaction score
Oh, wait!

I did find something that made me smile.

My mom found 2 of my original SW cards that came packed in with loaves of Wonder Bread back in the day.
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="arial">I bet that bread must be really nasty by now.

Reaction score
Dang. Utah County's been pretty dry. I did my public service by moving the Orem Wal Mart's two remaining Lott Dodds into the clearance aisle where they will hopefully enjoy the same obscurity as the half-dozen or so remaining Cantina sets, thus leaving the four whole honkin' pegs allocated for Star Wars guys completely vacant in an effort to inspire some desire on the part of Wal Mart employees to fill it up with another batch of the Jabba's Palace wave so I can get my frickin' J'Quille.

I also rearranged the pegs at Target, scooting all of the Lord of the Rings stuff over to the far left side, and the half dozen or so remaining Clone Wars figures over to the far right, so someone will hopefully notice the humongous, gaping, empty space their Star Wars section is and, save for the strategic placement of about thirteen ROTK Gollums, has been for months.

G

Hoo Ya!! I wondering if anybody has found the target drinking glass with figure yet? Its been so dry lately I don't know what its like to get a little bit of merchandise in.

Reaction score
I bet that bread must be really nasty by now.
<font size="2" face="arial">

No, it was in an acid free, dust free, air free, hermetically sealed hard acrylic collector grade protective case.

anyone want a sammich........

Nada X2!
was all I got in my travels.

[ 03-04-2004, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sprry75:
Dang. Utah County's been pretty dry. I did my public service by moving the Orem Wal Mart's two remaining Lott Dodds into the clearance aisle where they will hopefully enjoy the same obscurity as the half-dozen or so remaining Cantina sets, thus leaving the four whole honkin' pegs allocated for Star Wars guys completely vacant in an effort to inspire some desire on the part of Wal Mart employees to fill it up with another batch of the Jabba's Palace wave so I can get my frickin' J'Quille.

I also rearranged the pegs at Target, scooting all of the Lord of the Rings stuff over to the far left side, and the half dozen or so remaining Clone Wars figures over to the far right, so someone will hopefully notice the humongous, gaping, empty space their Star Wars section is and, save for the strategic placement of about thirteen ROTK Gollums, has been for months.
<font size="2" face="arial">Kudos to you sprry. I think Target must have taken the hint now, yet they continue to tease and torment us with no inventory.

I actually found something new today, and at the most unlikely of places...Orem KMart (a.k.a. the black hole of collecting).

Got the new Jabba and his Denizens yesterday afternoon for $10.99 each. They still had one or two Jabba's left plus a couple of Wampas. I almost soiled myself out of pure surprise because I went there to check out possible Lego clearances, not figures.

I guess they must have sneaked past the anti-SW toy manager.

Reaction score
There is on animated clone wars Yoda at the AF Target. Saw it there this morning. Nothing new at AF Wal Mart or K Mart.

Reaction score
Sure is slow 'round these parts today....

simply_TBD must be on a toy run, getting ready for the toy show and all.

[ 03-04-2004, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Reaction score
The Utah-only forum idea sounds cool. One thing to consder though, would you want it open to the public? The main thing that I wonder about on here is how much of our info is being used against us? I know proboards.com makes some pretty user-friendly forums, that's who my SW Galaxies guild uses, and I have no problems with it. You can make different sections public or private. I say go for it, if you need any help, let me know, I'm an admin on the previously mentioned guild forums and know how to use their system pretty well.
-Ty-
<font size="2" face="arial">Dude.....you have a guild?

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Deanpaul:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Tyler Pugmire:
-Ty-

</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I don't think I have R5-D2, but I know of sure that I have SK-Z38 (or whatever his name is). If you want him, I'll hold him and you can pick it up sometime, or I can meet you somewhere. Only $11.00 and he's yours.
-Ty-
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Thanks for the offer Tyler, but I'm going to pass. I'm trying to slim down the number of figures I buy even more, and EU characters just aren't making the cut. I'm pretending the R5-D2 is really R5-D4 since a good one does not exist.

See you around,

Deanpaul

Reaction score
Still nothing new here.

Hope my package arrives soon.....

So deanpaul, whats' that 12" OB-1 really look like?

Pics looked nice but many reviews say it sucketh badly.

Comments.....

Also...simply_TBD, went to see if our friend was still there, but couldn't find him.

I looked but he wasn't there. Maybe I missed him.

[ 03-05-2004, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Reaction score
It is so slow right now at retail, that I have looked elsewhere to satisfy my Star Wars fix. I first tried the Disney figures and that hasn't turned out too well, yet. Next item was the Master Replicas .45 scale Luke Lightsaber, which I received yesterday and it is very cool. I was a little surprised how small they are, but very nice. Once all 3 jedi and all 3 sith lightsabers are done they will be a very nice display group. Next might be the Luke or Vader FX Lightsaber, if nothing shows up soon at retail.

Reaction score
OP,

welcome to the HIGHER END COLLECTIBLES GAME...

And you thought figure addiction was bad.

Well you ain't seen nothing yet.

Mini Busts, props, prop replicas, models, statues and all the other stuff in the high end game are way more addicting than toys. I just think one gets more for their money in this game is all.

If you don't be careful, you will end up like me and the figures just don't excite you as much after playing the other game for a short while.

So, those smaller scale sabers are pretty nice then.

Thinking about them, but really want to wait for sith stuff or a Vader saber hilt first.....

I'm so confused......

[ 03-05-2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Tyler, but I'm going to pass. I'm trying to slim down the number of figures I buy even more, and EU characters just aren't making the cut. I'm pretending the R5-D2 is really R5-D4 since a good one does not exist.

See you around,

Deanpaul
<font size="2" face="arial">Understandable, SK-Z38 isn't even all that cool IMO, but for some reason he seem to be popular. (sounds a bit like me...) Actually a great R5-D4 does exist, the only problem is that it's in my mind and not in plastic. If I ever get the necessary parts, I'll get going on it. Speaking of parts, does anyone have the following:
Any R2 bodies w/articulated ankles
Mon Calamari Officer head, hands and helmet (or just the whole damn thing)

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Carded Concept Stormie they might want to sell for around $10?

A friend in TX was looking so I told him I'd ask youse guys as well.

If ya got one, please let me know.

Reaction score
DJ, the mini replica sabers are very cool and if you buy all 3 they come with a layered display case. You speak of addiction and after just one they have me hooked. I have to watch my craving for the full replicas, because those would put me in debt.

How are the mini busts and who have they made? What are some other cool items since I am new to this arena of collecting?

Reaction score
Ah yes, full saber replicas are very tempting for sure. Not wanting to spend a whole years worth of SW fundage is keeping me from getting one just yet.

As for the mini busts, Gentle Giant Studios is the place that makes them.

Here's the web site, sorry if it makes you drool a little....

Mini bust O'rama.

There are some that are not out yet, like this years OT stuff. Stormies, Sandtroopers, Gam Gaurd and a 3PO are in the works now.

Most recent releases are the Tarkin, Greedo and Biker Scout.

I only have one so far, the White Clonetrooper, because I got hooked late and missed alot.

RS main page has an excelllent gallery of the ones out now in here: Mini Bust pics

Many online retailers carry them, just do a searh for mini busts and you will see.

GGS is putting there foot into the statue ring as well this year, just have a look on their site to see.

They want to compete with Attakus and Bowen.

Those two are the most exspensive, but most higly detailed so far.

Then you have Koto Stuff too.

Soft Vynil kits that are awesome.

I have the Vader on it's way to me now.

Just search for Art FX and you should get some excellent sites to see these things at.

Enjoy....

[ 03-05-2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: DarhJin ]

Reaction score
Things must be really dead around here. I had to dig this thread out so it would see the light of day.

Finally got my Yoda this AM at Orem Target. I guess they stocked more TW stuff yesterday including the TFPilot wave, which is now history.

Anyone else have a similar finding at their Target?

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarhJin:

Then you have Koto Stuff too.

Soft Vynil kits that are awesome.

I have the Vader on it's way to me now.

<font size="2" face="arial">If anyone's looking for these, there is a hobby shop in SLC that sells these. I believe that they're around $80.00 or so.
-Ty-

Reaction score
FU Target had the Hoth wave (brown Han, short trooper, R3-PO) and ROTJ Death Star Luke and R1-GWhatever.

Some Clone cartoon stuff, but I don't know what from what there. Saw Ani and Dooku, if that means anything.

Later,

Deanpaul

Reaction score
Found the Yavin wave this morning, but most were not mint.

DJ and Ty thanks for info on other cool Star Wars collectibles. I don't know how much I will get into them, but when times are slow like they have been is when I start looking into them. I really like the lightsabers and plan to get either the Luke or Vader FX soon.

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the KB at Valley Fair Mall finally closed. The Wal-Mart at Jordan Landing hasn't had anything for a while.

G

hey target in orem has new clone wars cartoon network figures they had count dooku assaja ventress,durge and others they got a new shipment on saturday.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Obi-Juan:
Well, it looks like the KB at Valley Fair Mall finally closed. The Wal-Mart at Jordan Landing hasn't had anything for a while.
<font size="2" face="arial">That KB has been closed for weeks man, you need to get out more!
I found the Jabba's Denizens at K-Mart on 90th last Friday, pretty cool set if you're a diorama type person.
-Ty-

Status
Not open for further replies.