Uploading photos?

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced issues uploading photos into their member gallery? I never had trouble with it before, but now I'll go in to upload a photo and it will process the upload and tell me that the photo was successfully uploaded, but when I go into my member gallery, it isn't there. Is there a limit for how many photos you can upload? I currently have 19 in my member gallery, but can't seem to get any more to upload.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this post before - we have one other person reporting the same issue but I can't replicate it and I can't see any errors indicating a problem. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

Reaction score
Update for my issue since I last time talked to you, as I was "that other person to report" ;)

I tried every day to get something up, with the same result as described above. Then one day, 3 photo uploaded at once from my mobile device succesfully. A few days later I tried again from my home PC and only one of two photos got through. After that, successfull message with no addition to the gallery

Reaction score
Same here. I also tried uploading 3 photo's yesterday. Said it went thru successfully, but no photo's! Tried four different times. All said uploaded successfully, but nothing in my account.

Reaction score
Any updates on a possible fix to this issue? I'm trying to update my for sale thread but can't until I can get the photos uploaded.

Reaction score
Still not working at my end. Just tried to upload multiple photos.
"upload successfull" recieved, but only 1 out of 8 photos shows up in my gallery.
No additions thereafter when trying one at the time :(

Reaction score
Resurrecting a FrankenThread!! I'm warming to the new look and interface, but it took me a while to figure out how to upload pics and in the process I found that most of my previously uploaded pics have disappeared! Is this something that is on the website's end or do we have to reupload every. single. picture?

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Resurrecting a FrankenThread!! I'm warming to the new look and interface, but it took me a while to figure out how to upload pics and in the process I found that most of my previously uploaded pics have disappeared! Is this something that is on the website's end or do we have to reupload every. single. picture?
Can you give me examples of threads where they're missing? I need to see what the URLs look like. I imported over 350,000 pictures so I'm guessing it's just a redirect problem somewhere.

Reaction score
I uploaded practically all of my custom figures’ pics under a single album, but now the new photo gallery shows only three pictures total under my name (and none of the albums I set up over the years).

What’s weird is that 2 photos were from 2013 and one was from earlier this year.

No clue where all the other photos went.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I uploaded practically all of my custom figures’ pics under a single album, but now the new photo gallery shows only three pictures total under my name (and none of the albums I set up over the years).

What’s weird is that 2 photos were from 2013 and one was from earlier this year.

No clue where all the other photos went.
Can you check your Gallery now, and see if your photos are there. I spent all day troubleshooting this and I think they should be there now for you.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine are good now! Thanks again for the prompt attention!
Yours are temporarily good because I just made a copy of the original files and linked to them, but that’s a 50gb directory I don’t want to keep around as the files are in the new gallery too. i just need to get time to code a redirect script that cross-references the new and old addresses and displays the file. But for now, it’s working the old fashioned way lol

Reaction score
Can you check your Gallery now, and see if your photos are there. I spent all day troubleshooting this and I think they should be there now for you.
Thanks! It looks like the photos are all back again.

Appreciate all your work on this!

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! It looks like the photos are all back again.

Appreciate all your work on this!
After a long day of troubleshooting (and very little help from Xenforo) I figured out that in the old gallery you had 3 albums, but 2 of them were missing in Xenforo even though the images themselves existed. This turned out to be the same for 3000 other albums (out of 35000 total). I had to write a script to look for missing album_ids in the new table, then query the data I did have to create new albums with the right ID so that your existing images automatically appeared in that new album. I’m glad I took this week off!