Unreleased Star Wars Figures

Reaction score
Speaking of old unreleased planned figures.

Saga line from 2002 to 2006 had these planned figures such as Luke Skywalker Medical frigate, General Tagge and others

GNT

Reaction score
So are we also lumping in the figures that were originally slated to be released on that Yoda cardbacks in 2013?
I believe they all got released internationally, just not in the US.

Reaction score
That mini rig Republic Attack Shuttle with Obi-Wan would be cool to see. I got the blue one, but I like that crimson color scheme more because it goes with the 2002 Gunship.

The white outfit Luke X-Wing pilot would be cool as well.

Reaction score

Going to repost this one here because I always liked it. It made the front of the ship make a little more sense, but it also makes the Falcon look really odd to what we're used to. It was clearly an inspiration for the Ghost I'd say. I would die if they finally actually incorporated this into "The Last Jedi".

Reaction score
Hasbro has several unreleased Droids and Ewoks figures from the animated series, I'd like to see those released, but considering they no longer have vintage molds, seeing anything from the Kenner era isn't feasible unless it's resculpted.

It will be interesting to see if fans vote for an unreleased figure in the next 3.75 fans choice, or go with something Hasbro doesnt have sculpted. I'd love either of the CW figures in limbo - Pong Krell or spider Maul.

Reaction score
Yes, those Yoda line figures were released internationally, and at the time I was thankful to have a friend who lives in Austria who could pick them up for me. I believe there were a total of four waves released in Europe first between 2012 and 2014, and some of those made it to the US, while most did not.

I'll include the mysterious Saga Legends 2014-15 version of the Royal Guard, which showed up in silhouette on a mock-up cardback in 2014.

Reaction score
It is sad when the unreleased figure thread produces more excitement than any potential future release from Hasbro.

Reaction score
Yes, those Yoda line figures were released internationally, and at the time I was thankful to have a friend who lives in Austria who could pick them up for me. I believe there were a total of four waves released in Europe first between 2012 and 2014, and some of those made it to the US, while most did not.

I'll include the mysterious Saga Legends 2014-15 version of the Royal Guard, which showed up in silhouette on a mock-up cardback in 2014.
That was just an image of the costume from the movie, we never saw an actual figure.

Reaction score

This is the convention image of the second Utai, I've had it saved for years. It should have been released like the alternate Ugnaught.
Did we ever get that Luke with dislocated shoulder action feature? ;)

Seriously though, what is up with that figure? It looks like he has room for an extra head on those shoulders.

Reaction score

Going to repost this one here because I always liked it. It made the front of the ship make a little more sense, but it also makes the Falcon look really odd to what we're used to. It was clearly an inspiration for the Ghost I'd say. I would die if they finally actually incorporated this into "The Last Jedi".
I've seen drawings of this but never in toy form, it looks awesome but you're right it does change the look of the Falcon incredibly lol
I'd also like to see it added for VIII (but only briefly haha)

Reaction score
Did we ever get that Luke with dislocated shoulder action feature? ;)

Seriously though, what is up with that figure? It looks like he has room for an extra head on those shoulders.
Yep. Legacy Collection Death Star II:

Reaction score
Speaking of old unreleased planned figures.

Saga line from 2002 to 2006 had these planned figures such as Luke Skywalker Medical frigate, General Tagge and others
Is that the Luke with Medical rope?

I don't remember General Tagge though, not sure he's high enough on my list anyways. I'd rather get Piett.

Reaction score
I think the Medical Frigate Luke planned was probably going to be a much different figure than what we got, but it eventually evolved into the figure released in 2009. I wouldn't call that an unreleased figure, so to speak. More like a figure that was delayed and ended up being better as a result or advances in tooling and sculpting became readily available. Many figures I'm sure have had the same fate or eventual outcome.

General Tagge actually ended up being released in the EE Briefing Room set in late 2006/early 2007. Along with Wulf Yularen and Chief Bast and a few others.

JVM

Reaction score
All cool concepts. I have a fascination with unreleased stuff. Can't think of anything I heard about that didn't come out, although there's some figures that saw release I genuinely forget actually did, just because of the common issues with distribution.

Reaction score
Ohh I just thought of another one. There was going to be an accessory pack that came with a hanger tech and ladders for the X-wing. Eventually we got the hanger tech in a battlepack and at least one of the ladders in an exclusive. I seem to remember there being another pack with a Gamorrean Guard.

Reaction score
Ohh I just thought of another one. There was going to be an accessory pack that came with a hanger tech and ladders for the X-wing. Eventually we got the hanger tech in a battlepack and at least one of the ladders in an exclusive. I seem to remember there being another pack with a Gamorrean Guard.
That was back during the original blue Saga line. Those accessory sets were Target exclusives, IIRC. The Yavin hanger tech and Gamorrean Guard were going to be later releases, but I think Target passed on a second wave of these.

Reaction score
Throw in the new Rebel technician from the yavin transport and this would have been a cool rogue one exclusive.

Reaction score
Sure would have!
yeah, I'm sure some people would still be interested in the Ladders today. I think a BP with the technician would be a good idea, but I would include a Droid to seal the deal! or maybe an unreleased Pilot?
Otherwise this could stand the chance of pegwarming, as it's not very Kid friendly.

Hasbro hasn't had success with Accessory packs, so that wouldn't be likely. TBH,though. TBS boxes are big enough for all those accessories! :grin:

Reaction score
There is also an unreleased CW young boba Fett too. The pic can easily be googled. I just don;t know how to upload it.

Reaction score
Hasbro hasn't had success with Accessory packs, so that wouldn't be likely. TBH,though. TBS boxes are big enough for all those accessories! :grin:
True, but when is the last time that Hasbro actually offered accessory packs?

I think they should try it again. I could see them using the deluxe line and instead of 2 figures, have some packs with extra accessories. What I'd really like to seem them do, is have 1 accessory pack in each case. They could put in extra weapons, a computer console, or the X-Wing ladders, or just about anything that would add to the figures.

Reaction score
This would make for a cool con exclusive pack that collectors may appreciate

The Droids and Ewoks figures were ultimately the last hurrah for Kenner’s Star Wars line, which came to a final end in 1985. But if Kenner had had their way, we could’ve had a whole new Star Wars saga in toy form: an expanded universe beyond Return of the Jedi, five years before the hit novel Heir to the Empire was released.

In 1986, Kenner pitched a whole new line of Star Wars figures to Lucasfilm, all tied together by a brand new story that would’ve followed the end of ROTJ. Dubbed The Epic Continues, the story would have seen Luke Skywalker and Han Solo fighting off the Imperial Remnant as well as the sinister Atha Prime: The geneticist who started the Clone Wars, and his army of Clone Warriors (top center). Luke and Han would’ve gotten new looks—including a Luke in “Jedi Knight Armor”—while classic vehicles were given new paint jobs and tweaked looks. New aliens would’ve been created too, including the hilariously named “Mongo Beefheads” (top left), an alien tribe from Tatooine who joined forces with the Rebel Alliance.

Reaction score
How amazing would an Imperial Outpost be? Works for the Rebels line and roughly the size of that spiderman playset that will be released

Reaction score
True, but when is the last time that Hasbro actually offered accessory packs?
I believe it was TPM, or maybe that one was canceled. Otherwise it has been a very long time. I think it comes down to perceived value, to some it's just a bunch of junk that should be included with figures.

Reactions: JVM
Reaction score
They should have incorporated that base into Rebels. That would make a cool playset.