Unreleased Bust and Statues

Reaction score
Searched but didn’t find anything, what are some of the statues and busts that have been shown but never produced?

Found 3PO Statue, what else?
0D850E15-F8C8-4935-BF44-2FD66DACF66B.png

Reaction score
Set of Battle droids, r2, Leia with speeder bike, Luke with blast shield helmet, snaggletooth, Saesee Tinn, Emperor as a hologram. These range from finished product to concept art.

1619187602667.png
1619193013739.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
From Dec. 2009...

I’m not sure how functional its tools are, but Gentle Giant’s Star Wars R2-D2 Statue comes with eight of them. That’s right, the beloved helper robot gets a 1:6 replica that can actually repair stuff (if a magical genie suddenly decides to breathe life into it, that is).

While carrying eight thingamajigs probably doesn’t cover Artoo’s versatile mechanical-fixing talents, it’s better than having an inanimate robot that just stands there doing nothing. Yeah, I’m talking about that R2D2 statue you have sitting on your shelf. It sucks.

Gentle Giant’s version of the helpful, three-legged droid features an accurate polystone rendition of the popular robot, including precise physical details and a hand-painted body. It comes with removable arms, along with exposed chest and dome panels where you can stick the bundled tools in. Equipment you can put in the holes include a mechanical gripper, a periscope scanner and a utility saw, among others. You can probably use the panels to hold real tools too, so you can bring the astromech droid along to carry your screwdrivers and hammers when you’re in a DIY mood.

A limited edition piece (each one will be numbered), it sounds like a great deal for only $149. Do note that it won’t ship till June of 2010 (even if you pay now), which kind of sucks since I wanted one yesterday. Yesterday, dammit!

Reaction score
Here are some more images I collected through the years. There are others, I just have to find them:

NEVERMADE1.jpg

NEVERMADE2.jpg

NEVERMADE3.jpg

Note: Just for clarification. The Luke concept art with Blast Shield helmet was the original design for the Tattooine Luke posed reaching up with his lightsaber, the one that was released. Personally, I think the original concept would have been a much better mini bust.

Reaction score
I'd still love to see a Dexter with all four arms. Two top arms crossed in front, one lower arm with a knife and the other pulling his pants up.
That is in fact my number one Mini Bust from the PT to see released. The design of that character is so awesome. The PT needs some good love in the alien department. Neimoidians anyone? :)

Reaction score
Not wanting to stir the pot of rejection, but a couple of years ago this picture was shown, and the head I circled in that bin had certain similarity to that of Malakili. Either that or it was a creepy looking nun :) So, this is not exactly part of a concept Mini Bust of the Rancor Keeper, as there is no confirmation on what it was. But I'm just adding it here in case maybe it was ...

1619204095160.png

Reaction score
They could have gone crazy with the Battle Droids like they did with the Clone troopers. They could have release a different color variant for different cons for a year or two plus web exclusive.
I was about 110% sure that's exactly what was going to happen. I'm still not really sure why they didn't. The first battle droid wasn't a great seller if I remember right, but you'd think releasing a bunch of color variants would help them make money on it all the same.

Reaction score
Some things look better displayed in pairs or more. The Battle Droid is a design that screams out multiplicity. Indeed, a variety of colors and arm poses would have increased sales, rather than just a lonely Battle Droid, as what we ended up with. People would have had the choice of getting any preferred color variant or all of them. And personally, it goes the same for the Cantina band members. It's kind of silly to have given us just two members of the band and leaving the rest unmade. As others have mentioned through the years, just a simple body with multiple interchangeable arms to recreate the rest of the band, I think could have sold well and made a nice display. They made them all for the Bust-Up line, by the way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh, while on the subject of multiplicity, I think a shelf with more Rebel pilots would have been great! I would very much like to see more Rebel pilots. So, I think these would qualify also as sculpts left unreleased.

Reaction score
So was I. I still hold hope one day they'll produce them. Nonetheless it was indeed a big teaser seeing the Pilot, Security and OOM-9 prototype sculpts, some sites already offering pre-orders and boom! ...cancelled.:(

It was back in 2008, I believe, when the OOM-9 was first shown. The pilot was the last one in 2012, and by 2014 GG cancelled the orders. According to Chris (former GG rep. here), it was due to not being able to achieve the quality they wanted for them? Well, only the infantry BD was released from all the ones that were announced.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow I haven’t seen that picture for a while. I’d definitely like this one to be revisited.
Yeah. It's an oldie but a goodie. :) Hopefully it'd be made at some point, now that we've seen two Cantina patrons released sort of close to each other. Although I'm not sure if he'll be holding a blaster instead of a glass, though. :)

Reaction score
There's a Super Battle Droid mini bust concept picture out there too from a years past SDCC.

Reaction score
I think the remaining Cantina Band members are top of my most wanted!
I know not everyone feels the same way about it, and there are folks that are happy with either one or the two they released, and that's fine. Personally I feel like you do. I'd love to have the entire band, just like they did with Max Rebo. Maybe one day! :)

Reaction score
It was cancelled for some reason. Maybe folks felt as "enthusiastic" about the statue as the statue's pose itself, and GG sensed the emotion. :) I think it was back during the last Celebration in Orlando where they had an unpainted version on display. I would have bought it for my wife, though. That's her favorite droid. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm with your wife on that...K2 is awesome (as is most of R1). I'm glad I at least have the bust. That statue was so lifeless with him just standing there like that. They could have had him shooting a blaster or tossing a grenade or something.

Reaction score
It was cancelled for some reason. Maybe folks felt as enthusiastic about the statue as the statue itself and GG sensed the emotion. :) I think it was back during the last Celebration in Orlando where they had an unpainted version on display. I would have bought it for my wife, though. That's her favorite droid. :(
A bit top heavy maybe? A bit of a wobble and maybe the lower legs were giving way?

Reaction score
A bit top heavy maybe? A bit of a wobble and maybe the lower legs were giving way?
It could have been the issue. Its legs are quite skinny and would had required good support to keep the wider, heavier body from causing too much stress to them. I'm not sure if they ever said why it was not made, though. The droid was supposed to be 15" tall, and designed using the original film models.

Reaction score
I remember seeing concept drawings for Duros a long time ago now and being very excited. Easily my top choice from the Cantina. Also concepts for a Hoth Rebel Soldier which I believe a Dooku with saber was a part of as well, probably from an SDCC panel or possibly from one of the Celebrations. Those pieces from Anaheim in 2015 of Lama Su and Dooku are phenomenal. I was sooo bummed when I saw they weren't being produced, only for George. Lama Su/Taun We are top choices from the PT for me. Make them all happen please Chuck??!!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I remember a video around 2008, had a bunch of concepts of statues, maquettes, not one of those pieces got released

Reaction score
It’s been an interesting post. i now recall several of these, but embarrassingly never took any notes of them.

From what I have seen on here, if I could pick a resurrection candidate, then either lama su, Hoth soldier or battle droid variants get my vote. Lama su being first choice, ok not OT, but I think the concept looks fantastic and different.

is there a resurrection campaign brewing here?

Reaction score
Yes. We are bringing back from the dead everything left unmade. Like zombies bursting out of their graves, they all march towards Gentle Giant's headquarters in a frenzy. The one that gets there first will be made; I heard it through the grapevine. "Hurry Leia, hurry! You've got the advantage with that Speeder bike of yours." :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
es. We are bringing back from the dead everything left unmade. Like zombies bursting out of their graves, they all march towards Gentle Giant's headquarters in a frenzy. The one that gets there first will be made; I heard it through the grapevine. "Hurry Leia, hurry! You've got the advantage with that Speeder bike of yours." :)

Lol, the race is on. Although Leia does have her speeder bike advantage, but she also did crash it! 😆😆

Joking aside, will be interesting to see if any of these do get revived.