Unkar Plutt

Reaction score
Seeing as he was played by Simon Pegg, I'm pretty sure the character was meant to be standing on a platform in his booth. The figure is probably pretty accurate.

Reaction score
Seeing as he was played by Simon Pegg, I'm pretty sure the character was meant to be standing on a platform in his booth. The figure is probably pretty accurate.
Yeah, I agree. Unless we get a behind the scenes side by side comparison, I'm going with the figure's scale. Most of the figures are probably from full digital scans so the size is mostly correct. Mostly.

Reaction score
Did anyone else order the assortment set of 3 from BBTS?
If so, has anyone's shipped yet?
Just trying to get a feel for when I should be expecting these bad boys.

Reaction score
I more or less like BBTS, but in my experience they are painfully slow to ship on in-stock stuff.

Reaction score
Damn... Looks like I'll be stuck waiting for this guy... If I find him before I get the shipment in, I'm going to be so pissed.

Reaction score
Its ok, but there is something off​ about the face. Its like they didnt have the final version to work off or something?
I agree completely. I'm fairly certain Hasbro was given reference material for the prosthetic version of Unkar which ended up being CG'd over in the final film.

Here's a costume test image of Pegg in Plutt's prosthetics:

Compare the face to this final film version:

The face in the final film was definitely made to be more squat and less form-fitting to the human facial features that were beneath the mask.

As far as the figure goes, I definitely think it was sculpted based on the actual costume, not the later redesigned CG face. And, this is being nitpicky, but the figure's hat sits way further back on Unkar's head than the film version, too.

Reaction score
Not that I minded Unkar's CGI face in the movie, but that picture of Pegg in the full prosthetic looks better to me. More OT, which seemed to be TFA's goal all along.

Reaction score
Absolutely loving this figure! While I agree that the face sculpt isn't necessarily 100% movie perfect, I still think it looks great and is immediately recognizable as the Portions Man. I especially like how they gave his face a gloss finish so his complexion looks kinda slimy, haha.

Reaction score
Man, amazon had him in stock for like 2 minutes after I got an in stock alert and before i could checkout he was gone. this is stupid :/ they keep getting 1 of the new waves characters at a time and each one sells out within minutes. annoying!

Reaction score
Here's a tip. Order online late at night like from 1 to 3 in the morning.

Then whenever a seller gets their butt out of bed in the morning, hopefully 6 or 7 then you'll have better luck whatever at getting an order done

Reaction score
I was searching for a Resistance Rey and found this instead. I picked it up because at least he had a bigger role than most of the other Jakku characters that have been released.

Reaction score
Has anyone else been able to get the left wrist to move? I got the right one to free up and twist, but it feels like the left will break. Shhhhh.... don't tell Hasbro I got an extra point!

Reaction score
Apparently this was done on purpose. Been hearing for a while that the right arm was made to articulate/be removed because of the scene on Takodana.
If they made Zuvio when he was still in the film, then it wouldn't surprise me that this figure was tooled when that scene was still in.

Reaction score
Apparently this was done on purpose. Been hearing for a while that the right arm was made to articulate/be removed because of the scene on Takodana.
If they made Zuvio when he was still in the film, then it wouldn't surprise me that this figure was tooled when that scene was still in.

Well it was awfully nice of them to allow ONE wrist to move. Someone should have told them they could have saved a lot of money on glue by letting both wrists move.

Reaction score
I found a few of him at Toys R Us and purchased him for one reason only: my fiancee likes to do an Unkar Plutt impression, judging things by how many portions they'd be worth. So now she carries the figure around and pulls it out to low ball everything.

Reaction score
I found a few of him at Toys R Us and purchased him for one reason only: my fiancee likes to do an Unkar Plutt impression, judging things by how many portions they'd be worth. So now she carries the figure around and pulls it out to low ball everything.

That's crazy, my wife is the exact same way! I probably would have skipped him all together but she's never been much in to SW until TFA and I don't want to discourage that in any way. She carries 'ours' around in her purse. lol.

Reaction score
She carries 'ours' around in her purse. lol.
You guys have a shared Unkar figure?

That is the cutest damn thing I've ever heard. That's awesome.
My spouse loves Star Wars but not nearly as much as I do, but she loves it more because of how much I get into it.
She fully supports my toy addiction collection, and that's awesome, but I don't think she'd ever want her own.

Reaction score
I had no idea the claw could plug into Unkar's arm if you pull off the right forearm. At least this BAW piece is kind of fun for once.

Reaction score
I noticed nobody attached images of Unkar Plutt with the claw, so here they are.
I couldn't really fathom why only one wrist rotated, in a line where on most figures, no wrists rotate. I didn't know about the removal until I was reading this thread. Unexpected bonus!