Unkar Plutt

Reaction score
We need a Jakku McD skit on SNL with Daisy Ridley hosting! You could have her bring in salvage for, "ONE......QUARTER POUNDER.....WITH CHEESE."
that was one of my diorama ideas actually... lol I have a 2003 McDonalds playset that's waiting for Unkar Plutt to serve the guests. I figured Rey could bring a bunch of BAW parts to trade :D for a Happy Meal (I actually have a scaled happy meal for 3" figures

Reaction score
A 3" scale Happy Meal?? Ok, it's official. You sir, have too many toys. :)
haha I actually just posting something similar to your statement on my Twitter feed lol.

I'm still working on setting up all my FO Stormtroopers for a group picture. hopefully I'll have this up soon.

Reaction score
man I found Plutt today and he looks top notch in hand! had to leave him on the pegs cuz my wife bought a car today so I need to chill on toys unless at toys r us where I have gift cards. :(

Reaction score
So this figure is out in stores now? I haven't seen one yet. Where do you guys find out about future waves and release dates??

Reaction score
We typically find out when online retailers post case assortment. As far as dates, it's anyone's guess. Just keep checking for sightings from members.

Reaction score
Got him yesterday at Target in Norco! looks awesome and has 5 POA (left forearm should move too but has Guavian glue issues). Can't wait to take pics of him and Watto at a Jawa auction

Reaction score
still no sign of this wave in NJ and my BBTS order hasn't come in yet. I really want him already. it's beyond frustrating.

Reaction score
Just picked one up at a walmart in Indy with a Rex for a friend. Figure looks really impressive.

Reaction score
How is Simon Pegg a professional troll? I'm sincerely asking, I really don't know what you're referring to.
not sure what is implied by that either... all I know is that I WANT HIM ALREADY!!!!!!! The wait of the wave arriving at BBTS is driving me crazy and the I have yet to even see signs of him or his wave at retail. really getting frustrated.

Reaction score
How is Simon Pegg a professional troll? I'm sincerely asking, I really don't know what you're referring to.
I think he might be referring to Simon Pegg's very public statements about the Prequel Trilogy. Simon has been VERY critical of the PT.

Reaction score
I think he might be referring to Simon Pegg's very public statements about the Prequel Trilogy. Simon has been VERY critical of the PT.
that might be true but so are many of the people on this forum or on SW sites in general. a lot of fans thought the PT was beyond horrible. I'm on the fence with it. I liked the movies but there are some aspects of the PT that I thought didn't work and could have been better....not to mention plot holes that were left in the PT/OT.

all in all though I enjoy the TPM, AOTC and ROTS for what they are.

Reaction score
that might be true but so are many of the people on this forum or on SW sites in general. a lot of fans thought the PT was beyond horrible. I'm on the fence with it. I liked the movies but there are some aspects of the PT that I thought didn't work and could have been better....not to mention plot holes that were left in the PT/OT.

all in all though I enjoy the TPM, AOTC and ROTS for what they are.
Agreed. Poll any number of Star Wars fans and you're going to get a wide array of opinions on all of the films. I think Simon Pegg's opinion has become a thing simply by virtue of him being a much higher profile fan because of his acting career. And that in turn led to him having the role of Unkar Plutt in TFA.

Reaction score
Agreed. Poll any number of Star Wars fans and you're going to get a wide array of opinions on all of the films. I think Simon Pegg's opinion has become a thing simply by virtue of him being a much higher profile fan because of his acting career. And that in turn led to him having the role of Unkar Plutt in TFA.
that plus the fact that he has worked with JJ before. I think his work as Scotty in the new reboots of Star Trek helped get him a role in TFA. I love his portrayal as Scotty. as far as Unkar Plutt goes... I think anyone could have pulled off his character especially since you really can't tell it's even Pegg in the costume.

Reaction score
I did like how JJ did that, giving people in the business who are fans little roles (albeit Pegg's part was bigger than others) simply because it would be fun and mean something to them. Like Kevin Smith's little bit of voice work, Oscar Issac's uncle, etc.

Not to get off topic but does anyone know the story as to why Daniel Craig got a bit? Is he a fan, or a friend, or happened to be around that day?

Reaction score
I did like how JJ did that, giving people in the business who are fans little roles (albeit Pegg's part was bigger than others) simply because it would be fun and mean something to them. Like Kevin Smith's little bit of voice work, Oscar Issac's uncle, etc.

Not to get off topic but does anyone know the story as to why Daniel Craig got a bit? Is he a fan, or a friend, or happened to be around that day?
I believe he was filming Spectre at the same time, next studio over and asked him to do a cameo. I could be wrong though.

I love Simon Pegg. "Spaced" was an amazing show. Some great scenes from Star Wars were replicated on that show. My favorite was the funeral pyre scene from Jedi.

Reaction score
I believe he was filming Spectre at the same time, next studio over and asked him to do a cameo. I could be wrong though.

I love Simon Pegg. "Spaced" was an amazing show. Some great scenes from Star Wars were replicated on that show. My favorite was the funeral pyre scene from Jedi.
And Craig is also a huge Star Wars fan as well.

Reaction score
The Unkar Plutt figure may have more than 5 POA, the forearms seem to be separate from the upper arms. Can anyone confirm or debunk this? If true, this and Admiral Ackbar's opening jaws may be the hints of some slight articulation returning. Hoping.....

Reaction score

Don't forget Denis Lawson who played Wedge. They gave his nephew a role too :)

Reaction score
Got him yesterday at Target in Norco! looks awesome and has 5 POA (left forearm should move too but has Guavian glue issues). Can't wait to take pics of him and Watto at a Jawa auction
Do you know the DPCI number? I am guessing he's part of the Dessert DPCI but would rather have confirmation.

Thanks.

Reaction score
As per JediBusiness.com, Unkar's right arm is moveable/removable deliberately, because of the deleted/novel scene in which Chewie rips Unk's arm off :eek::

FUN FACT! Hasbro designed Unkar Plutt with a removable right forearm because Chewie ripped it out of its socket during a scene in Maz Kanata's castle! (The scene was cut from the movie)

Thanks to Steve Evans (Design Director for Star Wars toys at Hasbro) for pointing it out!

Reaction score
This wave hit hard in my area today but I already had them all. Hoping for the other 3 waves

Utinniii

Reaction score
My Unkar's right arm does swivel, his left doesn't though... Anybody else?
Only the right arm is detatchable.

I actually wondered though if that was in fact by design or saying that was Hasbro's way of damage control for shoddy workmanship. (I concluded it was by design.)

It is fun being able to pose him giving a high-high five though.

Reaction score
Just got mine and was a little disappointed with the scale. He's barely even taller than Rey. In the movie it looked like he was a pretty tall guy.