Unkar Plutt

GNT

Reaction score
Picture of Unkar Plutt action has surfaced online:

Who's up for buying this figure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
ˆ It's a lot funnier with the image. Simon Pegg was in an episode of Doctor Who called The Long Game during the 2005/06 series.
:\

Reaction score
Must have. Can't have the thugs and no unkar. Although I thought he'd be bigger

Reaction score
Him and the two packs of pirate. I don't think they'll release those in the SA Line, they'll probably keep it for main character, like the 6" black series. These 5POA have excellent sculpt!

GNT

Reaction score
The figure turned out extremely well. I've added the picture to the first post :)

Reaction score
Yeah...i'll grab him. It's never going to seethe light of day in the exclusive line...so...
Agreed. He is also a figure that does not need SA. I wish they would slightly sculpt these figures in a more natural pose instead of the locked knees arm straight position across the board. The Crimson guy and least does not look rigid even those his articulation is. I do not think that is too much to ask for. His sculpt looks good, this wave looks like it stepped up a notch.

BTW - He really does look like a blobfish. He also reminds me of a Droids cartoon villain. Very 80's cartoon.

Reaction score
I'll be picking up this one.
The whole wave of TFA characters, actually. Except for the Finn Armor Up. No need for it.

GNT

Reaction score
Gotta pick this one up. Love background characters!
Since Unkar is in charge I believe he'll be slightly more then background fodder, I suspect he'll have a line or two when Rey visits.

Reaction score
I'll be picking up this one.
The whole wave of TFA characters, actually. Except for the Finn Armor Up. No need for it.
The Finn armor up is the only I want lol in that subline. I'll be getting all these new reveals to go with the rest of the TFA collection.

Reaction score
Based on appearance, this figure looks like he might be Jabba The Hutt's nephew:grin:. The figure itself is not very appealing to me, but for the fact that he looks abstract, novel and unconventional, it's a must buy for sure.

JVM

Reaction score
Didn't find the character too interesting and not a fan of Pegg -- I can't say I'd turn it down on a silver platter, but won't be out hunting for him.

Reaction score
Just read about the screenplay and a possible deleted scene involving Unkar Plutt. I wonder if the figure will feature a removable arm? :awesome:

GNT

Reaction score
They did film it, Daisy Ridley (Rey) confirmed it was her favourite deleted scene. I'd prefer they keep him alive so if they ever go back to Jakku (and we all know they probably will at some point down the line) then his there and be he'll be the "Jabba of Jakku" position. Storywise his still alive.

Reaction score
Looks good, but I'm avoiding most 5POA.

But at least this guy was an actual character in the movie with lines and everything....a very low bar to clear, but that's Hasbro for you.

Reaction score
In addition to the amputation deleted scene, there's a lot of other cool stuff about the "Blobfish" revealed in some of the books. He took over Jakku as boss after Niima the Hutt was killed and he and while it doesn't seem like it in the film, he sort of protects Rey in his own way. I'm happy to be getting a figure of him.

I have a feeling that when someone (Luke possibly) left Rey on Jakku with Plutt (he's seen in the flashback scene) that a deal was made to be her indirect protector. Either he was paid or intimidated in doing so. I don't think he'd think twice about cheating her on salvage prices, but I don't think he'd ever harm her in any way. In fact, one of the books tells that his thugs are told shes basically off limits. It goes on to explain that she's his best scavenger, but as I've theorized, I think there's more to it.

Reaction score
In addition to the amputation deleted scene, there's a lot of other cool stuff about the "Blobfish" revealed in some of the books. He took over Jakku as boss after Niima the Hutt was killed and he and while it doesn't seem like it in the film, he sort of protects Rey in his own way. I'm happy to be getting a figure of him.

I have a feeling that when someone (Luke possibly) left Rey on Jakku with Plutt (he's seen in the flashback scene) that a deal was made to be her indirect protector. Either he was paid or intimidated in doing so. I don't think he'd think twice about cheating her on salvage prices, but I don't think he'd ever harm her in any way. In fact, one of the books tells that his thugs are told shes basically off limits. It goes on to explain that she's his best scavenger, but as I've theorized, I think there's more to it.
The awesomeness that is the Visual Dictionary strikes again.

Reaction score
Indeed, such a great book. I find myself flipping through it daily.

I highly suggest Rey's Survival Guide if you haven't gotten it yet. Lots of cool stuff mention and the artwork is pretty cool too.

Reaction score
I highly suggest Rey's Survival Guide if you haven't gotten it yet. Lots of cool stuff mention and the artwork is pretty cool too.
My 9 year old daughter has been reading the Survival Guide, and keeps telling my interesting things that she has learned. Think I need to borrow it and read it myself!

Myself, I read the novel and was surprised to see Unkar show up at Maz's place!

Reaction score

Yeah, she is left with him in the flashback, so he is (or at least was) some kind of guardian at some point.

Reaction score
Come on, man…. Embrace you're inner Kenner. :)
Hey, man, even back in the heyday of Kenner, I was pissed that the SW figures couldn't hold a candle to the GI Joes in terms of posability and play value.

Getting worse designed figures than we had even a few years ago feels like we're living after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Reaction score
Like this guy, 7 POA I think, a forearm turn!
I won't need a SA of this one.

Reaction score
My 9 year old daughter has been reading the Survival Guide, and keeps telling my interesting things that she has learned. Think I need to borrow it and read it myself!

Myself, I read the novel and was surprised to see Unkar show up at Maz's place!
ive begun reading it. Very good read and insightful

Reaction score
Come on, man…. Embrace you're inner Kenner. :)
I'm all about some 30 year old Kenner stuff but this is now and from Hasbro and I want better. I don't mind spending the extra to get the nicer stuff too. REally enjoying the small, exclusive 3.75" line so far. Hope that keeps growing and this 5POA stuff rots. My TFA collection consists of BB-8.

Reaction score
Hey, man, even back in the heyday of Kenner, I was pissed that the SW figures couldn't hold a candle to the GI Joes in terms of posability and play value.

Getting worse designed figures than we had even a few years ago feels like we're living after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Same here. As a kid, I was always so frustrated that the G.I Joe figures had more articulation than Star Wars.