UKG graded vinyl cape jawa

Reaction score

I got a really good deal on this. To be honest, i sent the seller a best offer thinking he wouldn't go for it, but he did.

Is this legit?

I'm really debating on sending them into AFA for a 2nd opinion. I know people fake grades all the time .

especially that my best offer was pretty low. I didn't spend much at all considering 85 grades bid past 2500. This has 2 figures and the smooth cape bids past 100 every time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is either one of two things.

Either this was a mistake on UKG's part, and this is a Ben Kenobi cape, or it is a Toltoy's Jawa from Australia. The capes on Toltoy's Jawa's are noticiably darker than their American brothers, so I would look into that a bit more.

Regrading might be a good idea, but in the end, it's all up to you.

Good luck!

Reaction score
This is either one of two things.

Either this was a mistake on UKG's part, and this is a Ben Kenobi cape, or it is a Toltoy's Jawa from Australia. The capes on Toltoy's Jawa's are noticiably darker than their American brothers, so I would look into that a bit more.

Regrading might be a good idea, but in the end, it's all up to you.

Good luck!
i paid close to half the values that these bid past so that’s my real concern

Reaction score
Toyman,cape color looks way off. Did you check the ukg serial numbers? You have had some bad luck lately,dt Luke/hollow cheek raider and now the vc jawa�� Might be time to take a break. K

Reaction score
I have an email I sent off to them to verify. I don't mind taking chances because it's all protected . I would never use cash in these circumstances . The seller had a few graded auctions but of course that means nothing.

Ukg site doesn't really work that well and they say to just email for better results. I sent off pics to them and I will wait and see.

Reaction score
Toyman,cape color looks way off. Did you check the ukg serial numbers? You have had some bad luck lately,dt Luke/hollow cheek raider and now the vc jawa�� Might be time to take a break. K

Yeah, kinda looks that way. That's why I went graded this time . I will admit the pics look darker than in person. What I question the most is the fold of the cape to the chest looks too big. Even if they get back to me and say it's legit, I'm sending it off to AFA.

I did try to check however the site doesn't work. I couldn't cross check other listings as well. They all posted "not found" .. I doubt all the numbers from figs I checked were faked.

I did cross check others for consistency on the label and hologram placement . It matches up with all I checked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great idea w credit card protection. I would also check out the vc blaster and make sure it's the correct version,hard to tell from pics. I took a pic of my vc and I see that the cape does come out a little darker,can you see the crosshatch on his cape? K

Reaction score
I just got a reply from UKG and they confirmed it’s theirs

they only update the achives on a quarterly basis and this has just been graded

i also asked them if I can purchase a certificate but I won’t hold my breath

i think I may still send this to AFA

Reaction score
Great idea w credit card protection. I would also check out the vc blaster and make sure it's the correct version,hard to tell from pics. I took a pic of my vc and I see that the cape does come out a little darker,can you see the crosshatch on his cape? K
the blaster looks to be correct. No bump and a little darker and less definition than the smooth cape blaster
The smooth cape blaster is correct with bump and more definition

I think I can see the cross pattern but it’s hard to tell being under 2 pieces of plastic. The dual layers give a lot of reflection

Last edited:
Reaction score
could just be bad lighting? if it's a recent grade I would think they would know how to spot a fake VC. If you do regrade I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back lower than an 85 though. AFA grades stricter than UKG. I own a VCJ that was a UKG 90 that only got an 85 from AFA when regraded.

Reaction score
I got another reply from UKG today telling me they monitor ebay for fakes using their name and take legal action against the seller and shut them down.

That's pretty good news I thought I would share. Nice to know they look out and protect their name.

I now think I will not have this regraded.

Reaction score
Thanks. I am going to do a small limelight to show off the pieces soon. I'm debating on buying a couple of Ians cases for the early bird cert. 1 to display the envelope and 1 for the stand. He also has the case for the 12 back mailer stand. I'm not ready to display however, I really want to play with them. Lol.

Reaction score
I love his cases Toyman! I like that there not locked in "Plastic Carbonate" like when their graded!