UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're doing better, sounds bloody awful, and echo the others comments...
Can very much relate to the fragile comment mate , attended by Bro in law's funeral yesterday after he'd passed due to covid last week, grim times but we'll get there matey, this place (Uk page) has given me a great deal of comfort over the last number of years and I'm glad to be part of such a friendly group ❤
Stay strong mate, Mark ;)
Sorry to hear that. Deepest sympathies

Reaction score
Really like the look of IG-11 but disappointed in Lando. I really don't like mid torso joints. It would look so much better if the articulation was at the waist IMO. And what's the deal with the chain on the cape?

Reaction score
Really like the look of IG-11 but disappointed in Lando. I really don't like mid torso joints. It would look so much better if the articulation was at the waist IMO. And what's the deal with the chain on the cape?
I think the chain on the cape is just to hold it in place as it's soft goods fabric. The VOTC one didn't have a chain but it was non removable, stuck under a plastic collar, whereas I guess this gives the option to remove it so he can be 'Bespin Escape Lando' and go alongside the new Leia. The other option would be a plastic one to sit across the shoulders but there were a lot of complaints about Gideon having a plastic cape and the 6" Bespin Lando having a plastic one.

The headsculpt looks terrific though, and it's great that he has proper elbows at last!

Reaction score
The HT Bo-Katan promo images have been revealed 😍 Can’t wait to add this to (my rapidly growing pre-order) collection!

Next up I’m hoping for Ahsoka and finale Luke 🙏🏽

- ASH

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
The HT Bo-Katan promo images have been revealed 😍 Can’t wait to add this to (my rapidly growing pre-order) collection!

Next up I’m hoping for Ahsoka and finale Luke 🙏🏽

- ASH
Looks really good. I'll probably pass tbh.

Space is becoming an issue and I'll save the cash for future OT releases all being well.

Reaction score
Looks like it will be KG Hobby for my pre-order since Toys Buying Agent is 50% deposit.

Reaction score
Looks like it will be KG Hobby for my pre-order since Toys Buying Agent is 50% deposit.
Yep. Unless it's a deluxe set or Die Cast figures, like Iron Man stuff, then he's sticking to 50% deposits.
Disappointing tbh and he'll loose a lot of business I would imagine.

Reaction score
Not really feeling that sculpt to be honest. After knocking Boba out of the park, the forehead on Bo looks a bit 'Neanderthal'. Perhaps it's just the angle it's been photographed from, but they're capable of much better...

Reaction score
Ordering from Hong Kong is getting the figures at decent prices at the moment due to exchange rate.
When I pre ordered Jango last year he was £200 so had to pay £40 for the 20% deposit, but he now shows up at £185. Although of course it could have gone up again by the time he's released.
Qui Gon was £20 cheaper when I finally got the invoice, and my Mando Scout Trooper order is at a bargain £137.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
She will be taking up a space on the shelf for sure, instant order for me. I hope Koska Reeves will make an appearance and will be equally as impressive. :p

Reaction score
Looks good apart from the hair colour. Sculpt is a little off but often they look Better in person

Reaction score
Solid looking figure and we'll crafted as usual with Hot Toys, but I can't help thinking she looks like Jackie from Rosanne.

Reaction score
Got my PO in with KG Hobby for Bo Katan. Also PO'd the Gaming Greats Rocket Trooper from Star Action Figures

Reaction score
Just and an email from Collectibles Direct - Sideshow Life Size BY is being sent out today :D

Reaction score
Wonder where my email is then from CD?
Might be worth dropping them an email. FYI I ordered 30/01/20 and was the third order placed. It may be that they only have part of their allocation.

The Asset arrived safe and sound and I couldn't be happier.

Reaction score
Might be worth dropping them an email. FYI I ordered 30/01/20 and was the third order placed. It may be that they only have part of their allocation.

The Asset arrived safe and sound and I couldn't be happier.
Yep, same here, same day I bought it.

It's all paid off so bit surprised not to have heard from him. I will drop him an email and see what he says.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I've just had to get a refund from Mondo for the Mandalorian Vinyl Box Set. They sent out 2 sets via DHL which have been "processing" at customs since 19th December & 30th January respectively. DHL have never contacted me about either shipment and are unable to tell me or Mondo what the issues are.

Oh well, it was a nice to have so not too disappointed.

Reaction score
Pulse UK is up:
I'll be sticking to my usual retailers.

Reaction score
I'll be sticking to my usual retailers.
That they want to charge £40 (£20 at the moment) a year to get "free delivery" and vague "promotions/discounts/sales" (so paying for the ability to maybe give them slightly less money later) and "contests" and "other perks" (at conventions you'd presumably pay to get in) says enough about it, I think.

I do wish that there was something similar for other products that are hard to get here though, like the Hotwheels Star Wars Starships.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The only thing to bear in mind now there is a UK arm of Pulse, it will mean the deal with Zavvi on future Haslab projects is over, so this could be the only way to get them.

Reaction score
I'm also wondering if this will mean that certain exclusives like the convention exclusives will no longer be available from UK etailers and only via Pulse

Reaction score
I imagine the plan is to sell Haslab products and some exclusives including convention exclusives via Pulse UK. The UK retailers like In Demand and Kapow who import from Asia will still be able to get them though but maybe only in very limited numbers.

The trouble is having these exclusives primarily only available from Pulse and Pulse having an early access scheme for premium members will mean it will be easier for scalpers to get them. This has happened in the US where Pulse sells out in minutes and then the ebay listings appear.

Not Star Wars but I know Pulse has listed a few transformers as in stock that have not been supplied to the UK independents yet. They've basically used the stock they had for Pulse rather than give it to the independents who have already taken orders. This is pretty crappy as it means those of us with preorders placed months ago get them after pulse customers. It also pulls the rug out from under the independents and they will have people who can't wait cancelling on them.

So please, please everyone remember the independents who have kept the hobby going for the last 10 years or more whilst Hasbro didn't care about the UK and keep using them over Hasbro Pulse.

Reaction score
As others have already said, I'd rather still support independents like SAF, ID etc. The TVC figures on Pulse aren't particularly competitively priced either to be honest, and the stock doesn't cover the whole line.

I asked on instagram if US collectors thought the paid membership was worth it, and got very mixed responses - the membership certainly doesn't guarantee you any exclusives in the 'early access' window, you're just as likely to get one if you order without the membership...

I guess we'll see what happens if and when exclusives get revealed this year!

Reaction score
The biggest problem is they don't produce enough TVC to meet demand. They are improving though since some of the figures are getting restocked only 2 months after the initial release but others aren't.

Reaction score
As others have said, I'm sticking with who I know and trust, ID, SAF, etc. My slight worry is, (and I worry about EVERYTHING, so it's probably got no weight behind it). I think, eventually, PULSE UK will flop. Nobody particularly trusts them, and the Indys are just too good at what they do. It's entirely feasible that if/when it fails, Hasbro won't see it as being their fault, and will probably (erroneously) blame lack of interest in UK product, and then shaft the etailers by saying "well, nobody's buying anything why should we bother providing tons of choice, or plenty of each figure"

Reaction score
As others have said, I'm sticking with who I know and trust, ID, SAF, etc. My slight worry is, (and I worry about EVERYTHING, so it's probably got no weight behind it). I think, eventually, PULSE UK will flop. Nobody particularly trusts them, and the Indys are just too good at what they do. It's entirely feasible that if/when it fails, Hasbro won't see it as being their fault, and will probably (erroneously) blame lack of interest in UK product, and then shaft the etailers by saying "well, nobody's buying anything why should we bother providing tons of choice, or plenty of each figure"
That thought crossed my mind too.

Reaction score
If that happens the independent retailers will just go back to importing from the US and Asia. So back to how it was a couple of years ago.