UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
I'd have real doubts about Zavvi fulfilling an orders for the for HT Mando though. So the problem is you could preorder with them, not get it and then have to pay an even more inflated aftermarket price.

I am going to get the dark trooper to stand with Moff Gideon but TBA now only doing 50% deposits has thrown me so I am going to need to find another supplier.
Kghobby are doing 20% deposit. Shipping is extra, approx £20-25 and this is added onto final invoice apparently.

Reaction score
Cheers everyone for the above information.

So from what I can gather when ordering overseas, to get the cheaper price you need to order from the second batch. As they release in HK 2-3 months before everywhere else you can pay a premium (basically same as UK release price) to have the item early, but if you wait 2-3 months you get it a lot cheaper.

Is 2-3 months what you would typically expect to wait? How do you know what the exact launch date is anyway when it’s only shown in quarters? Is that to say if it’s advertised Q2 2022 release that you would get it Q3 2022 if you select the later option?

I was tempted by ordering Moff Gideon and the Dark Trooper from KG Hobby - both work out around £170.00 each - but is shipping then extra? And presumably it’s advised to order each one separately? If you add on potential import fees then it’s still cheaper than UK by approx £50.00 by my estimates.

With these figures launching in 2022, what’s my time frame in terms on waiting to pre-order? In general, will the price increase over time or items go out of stock quickly? For example if I waited a few months would they likely still be available at the same price?

I appreciate the help and feedback!

- ASH

Reaction score
Cheers everyone for the above information.

So from what I can gather when ordering overseas, to get the cheaper price you need to order from the second batch. As they release in HK 2-3 months before everywhere else you can pay a premium (basically same as UK release price) to have the item early, but if you wait 2-3 months you get it a lot cheaper.
YES THIS IS CORRECT

Is 2-3 months what you would typically expect to wait? How do you know what the exact launch date is anyway when it’s only shown in quarters? Is that to say if it’s advertised Q2 2022 release that you would get it Q3 2022 if you select the later option?
EXACT LAUNCH DATE IS ALWAYS UNKNOWN.STUFF CAN BE DELAYED BY MONTHS OR ON THE ODD OCCASION, ARRIVE EARLY. APPROX LAUNCH QRT I ALWAYS ADD FEW MONTHS ONTO IF YOU ARE 2nd BATCH.

I was tempted by ordering Moff Gideon and the Dark Trooper from KG Hobby - both work out around £170.00 each - but is shipping then extra? And presumably it’s advised to order each one separately? If you add on potential import fees then it’s still cheaper than UK by approx £50.00 by my estimates.
SHIPPING WITH KG HOBBY IS EXTRA. APPROX £20-25.
ALSO BARE IN MIND CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES AT TIME OF FINAL INVOICE. THE PRICE COULD BE HIGHER THAN WHAT YOU EXPECT WHEN PLACING THE PRE ORDER.

With these figures launching in 2022, what’s my time frame in terms on waiting to pre-order? In general, will the price increase over time or items go out of stock quickly? For example if I waited a few months would they likely still be available at the same price?
ALL DEPENDS. SOME COMPANIES HAVE SET PRICES, SOME UP THEM OVERTIME DEPENDING ON HOW POPULAR OR HOW QUICK THE PRE ORDER ALLOCATION IS SELLING.

I ALWAYS FIND THAT ITS BEST NOT TO SIT ON THE FENCE WITH THESE FIGURES. PRE ORDER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO SECURE THE FIGURE AT THE BEST PRICE. WITH MOST HT FIGURES, THEY ONLY INCREASE IN VALUE.

Reaction score
I ALWAYS FIND THAT ITS BEST NOT TO SIT ON THE FENCE WITH THESE FIGURES. PRE ORDER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO SECURE THE FIGURE AT THE BEST PRICE. WITH MOST HT FIGURES, THEY ONLY INCREASE IN VALUE.
Thank you for confirming. I just wanted to get a grip of the market before I plunge into it 😂

I’m thinking for my first purchase - Standard Mando/Child, probably from one of the lower priced UK e-tailers and then I’ll pre-order DT & MG from KG Hobby.

Do you think that a Mando Luke is incoming? Also has there been any word about the inevitable Mando Ahsoka?

- ASH

Reaction score
No word yet on Ahsoka or on the Mando Luke.

I can't see why they would release another version of Luke when it's basically the same character and clothing from Jedi, which HT have already released.

Reaction score
It’s just in the promo image of the Dark Trooper the Luke figure has a black cape and the previous HT release it was brown.

Also - Does anyone order direct from Sideshow? On their order page it’s showing Deluxe Mando/Child inc. delivery for $350.00 (£260.00ish) which is way cheaper than anywhere else has it currently. What’s the import charge rate? 2.5%?

- ASH

Reaction score
It’s just in the promo image of the Dark Trooper the Luke figure has a black cape and the previous HT release it was brown.

Also - Does anyone order direct from Sideshow? On their order page it’s showing Deluxe Mando/Child inc. delivery for $350.00 (£260.00ish) which is way cheaper than anywhere else has it currently. What’s the import charge rate? 2.5%?

- ASH
You would looking at another £60-70 in customs fees and vat based on $350.

Approx calculation
£12 duty 4.7%
£54 Vat 20%
Clearance fee as well of £8-10 (FedEx/UPS)

Reaction score
You would looking at another £60-70 in customs fees and vat based on $350.

Approx calculation
£12 duty 4.7%
£54 Vat 20%
Clearance fee as well of £8-10 (FedEx/UPS)
Ok so on that basis, if I go for the standard release Mando/Child I’m looking at £215.00 (inc. shipping) + customs (2.5%) and VAT (20%) and handling admin (?) = £260.00-£270.00

The cheapest currently is £295.00 from Collectables Direct, but it’s a Q3 release. Direct from Sideshow should ship in April so this seems my best bet.

- ASH

Reaction score
You’ll all be pleased and relieved to hear that I’ve finally placed my first HT order. 😂

I ordered Mando/The Child from Sideshow direct. Including all fee’s it will still work out cheaper than any of the other remaining options, plus it’s due to ship in March/April, rather than Q3. I’ve also got $15.00 off my next purchase which at least covers half of shipping. 😊

Now I just need to decide on the Dark Trooper & Moff Gideon from KG. If a Mando Luke and Ahsoka WERE on the horizon then I might hold fire on at least the Dark Trooper.. We’ll see.

Thank you for everyone’s advice!

- ASH

Reaction score
Congrats kylodameron! I've bought most of my 1:6 scale figures from Sideshow. They have excellent customer service and the official distributor of Hot Toys collectibles.
I also buy from Timcent(Toybuyingagent) whom also has been a great source for my collection.
I'd highly recommend both mostly due to the ready ness and early availability of the product.
Hope you enjoy your purchases when they arrive. 🙂

Reaction score
Congrats kylodameron! I've bought most of my 1:6 scale figures from Sideshow.

Hope you enjoy your purchases when they arrive. 🙂
Thank you 😊

To mis-quote Obi-Wan Kenobi:

“I have taken my first step into a larger (more expensive!) world.” 😂

I fear this is going to be a slippery slope, however I do spend money that I needn’t on random SW merch, TVC figures and the odd Funko whenever there’s a TBS6” dry spell. That money can now be refocused on HT’s.
Although they all look beautiful, I will definitely be selective in what I order. I’d love a Mando Luke, Mando Ahsoka and Mando Boba. I’m gradually talking myself out of a Darktrooper but I definitely want Gideon.

- ASH

Reaction score
First Hasbro 'Fan Friday' of 2021 next friday folks, Brace yourselves... :LOL:
They've said it's a celebration of 50 years of Lucasfilm, so I REALLY hope that means more 3.75" as that's been going for over 40 of those 50 years. There's rumours of a 6" Jaxxon, which is a bit annoying - collectors have been asking for him in 3.75" since before I was born.

Probably will be a dozen new incredible looking 6" and then a repack of POTF2 ASP-7 on a TVC card...

Reaction score
Never going to happen in a million years, but since it's a celebration of Lucasfilm, I'd love a one off "Museum collection" 6" Indiana Jones. I think a full line wouldn't sell, but one or two variations of Indy would sell like hot Sankara stones....

Reaction score
6 inch Indy is a dream line for me, I just rewatched the original three actually and it struck me how brilliant Hasbro could do it now (just look at Endor Han and Veers!).
Classic Indy (plus the half a dozen odd variants you could get, Tux and Rope Bridge battle especially), Marian, Sallah, Willie, Short Round, Elsa, Henry Jones Sr, Belloq in his suit, Mola Ram, Toht with an interchangeable hand.., Vogel, Walter Donavan.., for starters alone, it'd be incredible (and I'd argue just as desirable as some of the secondary characters for any of Hasbro's lines, especially if they went to town with the accessories).
I'd of thought it would've been a crazy idea but between Ghostbusters Plasma and the new Indy game, I'm trying not to get my hopes up.., Raiders is 40 this year too...

I know it gets a lot of grief but I loved the 3.5 inch line Hasbro did when Crystal Skull came out, counted down the days till I got that first wave. Just a shame some seemed so rare later into the series, and the character selection/costume choices were a bit "eclectic" at times

Reaction score
Just after Cody myself. Does that mean they may be landing with Gideon and company? I could do without shelling out for four figures at once......

Reaction score
As I understood it Hasbro are allowing orders of the Cody archive wave but don't have the stock yet. Everything is delayed due to BREXIT/COVID

Reaction score
Is the TVC Moff Gideon wave going to be restocked in the very near future or did I miss it? I assume it will get a rerun later on since the Mando stuff sells well. I'll just be disappointed I have to wait.

Reaction score
Is the TVC Moff Gideon wave going to be restocked in the very near future or did I miss it? I assume it will get a rerun later on since the Mando stuff sells well. I'll just be disappointed I have to wait.
Comics & Cocktails still have TVC Moff Gideon, The Armorer etc still in stock.

- ASH

Reaction score
Comics & Cocktails still have TVC Moff Gideon, The Armorer etc still in stock.

- ASH
Ouch, £19 for TVC Gideon when the Black Series one was £21... TVC seems to be climbing in price everywhere while places seem to be keeping TBS the same price...

(That aside, C&C have a great service and always well packed)

Reaction score
C&Cs prices are sometimes a bit higher than other retailers anyway as they include the "free postage". I have noticed they say its free but it isn't really as they can add £1 or £2 to figures. Gideon was £14 elsewhere and that seems to be the normal price for VC. I think though all Hasbro lines are going up in price this year.

Edit - In Demand are restocking the Moff Gideon wave later this week if it helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s swings and roundabouts.

C&C price standard TVC releases at £15.99 (inc. delivery) which works out cheaper than ID/SAF which retail at £14.99 (plus delivery) @ £2.75/£2.95 pushing a standard release figure to nearly £18.00.

For me it just depends who has the stock availability at the time. All are reliable to deal with. 😊

Reaction score
Good afternoon, would anyone have a carded VC148 Vintage Collection Imperial Assault Tank Commander that they would consider selling at a decent price?
I'm looking for carded in as best condition possible please.

Reaction score
It’s swings and roundabouts.

C&C price standard TVC releases at £15.99 (inc. delivery) which works out cheaper than ID/SAF which retail at £14.99 (plus delivery) @ £2.75/£2.95 pushing a standard release figure to nearly £18.00.

For me it just depends who has the stock availability at the time. All are reliable to deal with. 😊
Yeah agreed. C&Cs are fine and can be cheaper for the odd figure. Strange they have whacked the price of VC Gideon right up though - not see them do that before.

Reaction score
Yeah agreed. C&Cs are fine and can be cheaper for the odd figure. Strange they have whacked the price of VC Gideon right up though - not see them do that before.
Yeah they obviously thought that they would capitalise on being one of the only e-tailers to currently have stock 😂

- ASH

Reaction score
Just popped on to ID to pre order Cody. It's marked as 'In stock very soon' that's got me worried now that it IS going to hit with Gideon,Greef etc. I really can't afford four hitting at once, so I guess I'm going to end up missing out on Cody.

Reaction score
Just popped on to ID to pre order Cody. It's marked as 'In stock very soon' that's got me worried now that it IS going to hit with Gideon,Greef etc. I really can't afford four hitting at once, so I guess I'm going to end up missing out on Cody.
According to SAF, Cody is in stock this Friday along with Han. Remaining two are hopefully the week after.

Reaction score
Went back and put an order in for Cody. I've wanted him for ages. (I'm sure he didn't get a very wide release first time out).

I'm now contemplating giving Rex a dye job and using the headsculpt as an alternate unhelmeted look....

Reaction score
I saw you ordered one in the end, but in the interest of helping out fellow collectors in future if you're in a similar situation I'd be happy to order a figure for you and then we can sort out at a more convinient time.

Reaction score
I saw you ordered one in the end, but in the interest of helping out fellow collectors in future if you're in a similar situation I'd be happy to order a figure for you and then we can sort out at a more convinient time.
That's really very kind of you. Hopefully I've got the rest of the year sorted out (unless more stuff unexpectedly gets announced!). I'll bear it in mind if I'm in the same position in the future. Thank you for the offer...

Reaction score
Lots more stuff coming this year apparently.
6" Qui Gon, Jar Jar and Mace Windu on '99 Phantom Menace card backs (same as the Maul and Obi Wan).

Amazon will be selling Black Series Kenner deco variants for Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi, Greedo, Jawa, similar to the Bounty hunter 2 pack last year.

Reaction score
Lots more stuff coming this year apparently.
6" Qui Gon, Jar Jar and Mace Windu on '99 Phantom Menace card backs (same as the Maul and Obi Wan).

Amazon will be selling Black Series Kenner deco variants for Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi, Greedo, Jawa, similar to the Bounty hunter 2 pack last year.
I wouldn't mind a Qui Gon. Assuming they use face print (and that they sort out the wierd separate eyes) and depending on how it looks, a Kenner deco Greedo could pass for a different Rodian.... (Ch'heedo anyone?)

Reaction score
Should there be a reason why the latest TBS6” Archive wave isn’t listing on Amazon?

I remember something being said about the Tusken wave being able to be offered before the Cody wave, but I think that was just to do with Hasbro announcing them out of sync.

It’s not an exclusive wave is it? I imagine that Amazon are just behind in listing it.

- ASH