UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
Reaction score
That's not too bad pricewise, they normally massively over inflate the new stuff (I think Padawan Obi was nearly 30 quid for a few months). I'd love to know the mental process that makes them think, 'which ones should cost a fortune, and which ones should we bung out at 12 quid?'

Reaction score
Amazon exclusive Sith Trooper 3.75 with all the extra weapons is discounted. Think it came to £13ish with postage/tax etc.

Down from $17.99 to $11.99

Reaction score
I'm loving the figures from the Mandalorian this far but I'm not going to go-to £30 for an IG88 repaint. With the wrong hands.

But getting a couple of Jet-Troops at that Amazon price is nice, so cheers for that. As for Cara and Wedge - that price is no better than Star Action or Kapow so you may as well use them and at least get more than a padded envelope to protect your purchase ;)

My Heavy Mando Fav-Ro turned up today, it's a great figure. Well worth the extra-fiver for a big-fella done this well.

Reaction score
Amazon exclusive Sith Trooper 3.75 with all the extra weapons is discounted. Think it came to £13ish with postage/tax etc.

Down from $17.99 to $11.99
Thanks for the heads-up!! Have ordered one 😁

Reaction score
It seems he Entertainer has updated their site page showing the Black Friday deal of the Stormtrooper with Blast Accessories....Was £9.99 a few days ago, now show £14.99!

It is just it going back to the price it was without the Black Friday sale, but it still shows the Black Friday sale icon. It could just be a mistake, but they've raised prices of stuff before in a way that seemed a bit misleading (Black Series Titanium ships being £2 when they first got them, then raised to £3...similar situation with TVC figures from £5, to £6, to £10, no mention of the previous prices).

Last edited:
Reaction score
It seems he Entertainer has updated their site page showing the Black Friday deal of the Stormtrooper with Blast Accessories....Was £9.99 a few days ago, now show £14.99!

It is just it going back to the price it was without the Black Friday sale, but it still shows the Black Friday sale icon. It could just be a mistake, but they've raised prices of stuff before in a way that seemed a bit misleading (Black Series Titanium ships being £2 when they first got them, then raised to £3...similar situation with TVC figures from £5, to £6, to £10, no mention of the previous prices).

Ah that serves me right for waiting too long I guess. Mind you, now I'll just wait for it to drop again, ha.

You're right about the price changes, they certainly have upped them on things that must've been selling very well. But it's still cheeky to advertise TVC as "33% off, now £10 instead of £15!!!!" when, as you say, they were £3.75 when they first hit! (The Island Rey certainly was)

Reaction score
Forbidden Planet in central London had a few of the Black Series Heavy Armour Manadalorian in stock last night and one regular Black Series Mandalorian as well.

Reaction score
I'm loving the figures from the Mandalorian this far but I'm not going to go-to £30 for an IG88 repaint. With the wrong hands.
I know exactly what you mean, I said the same to my mate who gave me the heads up. But five minutes later I'd bought it.

I've justified it by balancing out the cost with the Black Series bargains I've picked up recently, like that Yavin Luke. £30 is a silly price but it seems I just can't say no to Mando :oops:

Reaction score
For anyone interested, Collectibles Direct have the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian up for pre-order.
Only £300.00!! Easy pass for me.
Just going to post this.

I want it but will wait for direct deals when released. They are pricing me out even though I want to support local companies when possible.

Reaction score
Totally agree. I'll wait until it's released and get it from HK.

Even worse is the £1,950 for the EFX TROS Lightsaber price - even if it came with a display case and was a signature edition it would still be way overpriced

Reaction score
For anyone interested, Collectibles Direct have the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian up for pre-order.
Only £300.00!! Easy pass for me.
£2.03 cheaper at Kapow.... :unsure: ....

Ridiculous price, agree with everyone saying they'll wait and try the foreign seller route, When there's a HK seller selling one on pre order for £231, it's time to look elsewhere, CD's prices have been steadily climbing over the last year and they're nearly always the dearest out there now in UK, I've only used them in the past because of their payment plan, if it wasn't for that I'd be completely out of the game, but my plan is to set aside a little each month for the heavy mando, haven't bit on the original mando yet either as waiting to see what they do re beskar armour/deluxe set etc...

Reaction score
Yeah Hot Toys prices in UK stores are ridiculous. I was in Forbidden Planets new store in Glasgow at the weekend and they were asking £299 for Luke Crait. Easily chop £80 off that price buying direct from Hong Kong.

Reaction score
I wouldn't order anything from EFX. I've been waiting years for my Biker Scout Helmet. I'm just glad I didn't pay in full.

Reaction score
Yeah Hot Toys prices in UK stores are ridiculous. I was in Forbidden Planets new store in Glasgow at the weekend and they were asking £299 for Luke Crait. Easily chop £80 off that price buying direct from Hong Kong.
And the rest. £185 roughly.
Yoda is £150. £225 here.

It's ridiculous.

Reaction score
Yavin Skywelkwer and a couple of Jet Troopers survived the Amazon jiffy-bag postal ordeal just fine, and for that price I'm happy with them. Especially as they now seem to be back to full price again.

Reaction score
Equally happy to receive Luke Skwalker from Amazon for cheap (most impressive to get not one but 2 typos on the packaging)

Reaction score
Equally happy to receive Luke Skwalker from Amazon for cheap (most impressive to get not one but 2 typos on the packaging)
Three actually: the giant grey version of the name on the side of the box is also mis-spelled. Quite an achievement really!

Mine arrived a bit squished in the jiffy bag, but I'm an opener anyway.

Reaction score
Cara Dune arrived this morning, excellent service from ID there, given how busy they are. It was a nice surprise too as I didn't get a dispatch email. I second all the comments about how amazing the likeness is... I think it's definitely in the top five sculpts since they went face print... possibly top three...

Reaction score
BS Heavy Infantry Mando up on DisneyUK and Amazon for those that missed him in the regular retailers