UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
Odd pricing situation going on at FP in Leeds. They've finally gotten the Force Friday wave( they'd obviously had them a while, they were very picked over) £27.99 for the white boxes, £24.99 for red boxes. And, most bizarrely of all, Luke Jedi at a not unreasonable £19.99 (suffice to say, I snapped one up, it looks so much better in hand than any photos I've seen). I was gobsmacked. That branch ALWAYS price gouges on exclusives. When Veers, Piett and Solo Chewie were doing the rounds, they were asking just shy of forty quid for them.

Still a few left as of this afternoon.

Reaction score
Just a warning to everyone:

Dark Side Toys seem to have gone dark. Quite literally.

No response to emails. Their phone number does not work.
No updates on orders. Their Twitter account has been deleted.

Looks like they just scammed me. Wonderful!
Not the only one mate, taken me for £100 by the looks of it.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
DISNEY STORE UK 24% off selected toys using code TOYTUESDAY
Free delivery for orders over £50
Applies to numberous Star Wars items

Black series figs

Vintage collection

Poe's X-wing

Toybox line

Hyperreal Vader

Strangely enough it DOESN'T apply to Lego or Hot Toys lol
HTH
Mark

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
DISNEY STORE UK 24% off selected toys using code TOYTUESDAY
Free delivery for orders over £50
Applies to numberous Star Wars items

Black series figs

Vintage collection

Poe's X-wing

Toybox line

Hyperreal Vader

Strangely enough it DOESN'T apply to Lego or Hot Toys lol
HTH
Mark
Was tempted to get the Black Series Bossk for £15...but considering it's £4 postage, it's pointless really. :confused:

Reaction score
I thought this might happen. Lots of folk held their fire in case the show was a disappointment, I'm sure Hasbro can see it's a huge seller, especially after all the stellar reviews. No doubt he'll be in another assortment down the road. I had a gut feeling it was going to be good, so I wanted in on the ground floor with a figure... Just waiting on Cara Dune now, nit long 'till December!

Reaction score
Bloody well missed that Palace set again.

Had to get these from other sources as DST are not going to deliver the ones I have bought.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Anyone ordered from Comicsandcocktails before? Any idea why you can only pay via paypal?
I have no idea, although I used them last week for TBS6” Purge Trooper, lowest price/in stock and shipped same day/arrived mint condition. I would use them again.

- ASH

Reaction score
Just ordered the Video Game Revan from Kapow - I don't care if it is a repaint I'm a sucker for all things Revan/Old Republic.

Reaction score
Just a warning to everyone:

Dark Side Toys seem to have gone dark. Quite literally.

No response to emails. Their phone number does not work.
No updates on orders. Their Twitter account has been deleted.

Looks like they just scammed me. Wonderful!
They’ve done me for £40 on a Throne Room Palpatine. I wish I’d not bothered and just got one from Amazon Prime, they’re readily available on there.

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about Dark Side on these forums.

Reaction score
They’ve done me for £40 on a Throne Room Palpatine. I wish I’d not bothered and just got one from Amazon Prime, they’re readily available on there.

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about Dark Side on these forums.

And yet they still are trading, still advertising and still taking peoples monies. Every time a post on FB is put on about them scamming people, it gets removed by DST, so how can you stop them conning people?

Reaction score
I saw the same thing over here in Leeds last week. Big pile of white box Jet Troopers and nothing else. I think they were £24.99. The rest of the wave is on the website but out of stock everywhere. You might strike lucky and find a store with the dregs left, but they're few and far between.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had some unused Ebay Extra points and used them to order BS6" IG-11 for £22 including shipping from Canada. Not bad as it seems Hasbro UK won't import it. Hopefully it will go through customs without fees, I usually never had to pay any custom fees with things coming from Canada.

I got or pre-ordered everything I wanted for the end of the year, except the Black Series Disney Parks First Order 4-pack. It seems impossible to find in Europe, and it's going from stupidly high prices on Ebay... all I care about are the 2 troopers and I don't want to pay more than retail price for ST things.

Reaction score
Still trying to whittle down some non essentials to make space... Does anyone know if there's still much call for the Saga era cantina bar sections? I've got two straight pieces and two corners, loose. Best sold as a lot or individually do you think? That's if they even sell these days...

Reaction score
The Entertainer's website lists the Black Series Mandalorian/Sith Trooper/Offworld Jawa/Cal Kestis/Rey & D-O wave as "coming soon", so they should have them in stock before long, presumably.
It would be funny if like every other Black series figures they've had, they end up half price straight away.

Reaction score
Decison made. I'm done.

Loose mint collection modern OT primarily (many vehicles with boxes still though). Check photos in the UK collection thread.

PM me with any wants or for collection list. I will value with realistic current sums using average recent ebay sales.

Reaction score
The Mandalorian TV show is fabulous.
So glad I bought the carbonite version of the BS figure.

Reaction score
The Mandalorian... I've not been this excited for SW in a long time, at the moment, if Hasbro make it, I'll buy it

Reaction score
Collectibles Direct too :)
Bought my Dooku from Ebay, seller in China. Paid under £200 Inc shipping and no customs. He is a fantastic figure,great sculpt.
Maul (minus Speeder, no room for that) is next on my wish list along with Deluxe R2.

Only got one figure left on pre order with Collectibles Direct, Leia Bespin. Prices are going in the wrong direction for me from UK sellers. Over £250 for a basic figure like Rey is crazy. I assume the new Kylo Ren will be £270 plus with his LED features.
All my future buys will be from Far East. Save a fortune.

Reaction score
Bought my Dooku from Ebay, seller in China. Paid under £200 Inc shipping and no customs. He is a fantastic figure,great sculpt.
Maul (minus Speeder, no room for that) is next on my wish list along with Deluxe R2.

Only got one figure left on pre order with Collectibles Direct, Leia Bespin. Prices are going in the wrong direction for me from UK sellers. Over £250 for a basic figure like Rey is crazy. I assume the new Kylo Ren will be £270 plus with his LED features.
All my future buys will be from Far East. Save a fortune.
Krennic was my last pre order. North of £250 is my cut off point.

I want the Leia/Wicket set when it hits, but will be paying the least possible for an already overpriced pair.