UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
So the first repack wave is shipping June 2020 and the second repack wave is September 2020. With no other new figures announced. This seems..... Disappointing.
Star Action Figures has them listed as waves 26 and 28... so HOPEFULLY the unannounced wave 27 will have new stuff (presumably TROS spoiler related that they can't share yet).

SAF also said they can't list full waves for pre order until they're completely announced, so wave 25 (Mando, Cara Dune, Remnant Trooper) potentially has one other new figure yet to be announced, I guess?

It's a real shame that these things come out so long after the films/shows are released though. The Mandalorian gets released in US in Nov, the 6inch comes out in September, yet the 3.75 isn't out until the following May?!

Likewise, TROS out in Dec, yet apparently we won't get new 3.75 until June/July (after the first wave and then the sith trooper later)?

If these even hit retail over here, they could be even later... The Solo 2 packs (Rebolt and Muddy Han etc) hit a full year after Solo hit cinemas.

Reaction score
Star Action Figures now have the full TBS Dooku Wave and TVC Mandalorian wave up, but missing figures are down as TBC.

Yak Face mentions Commander Bly and a Sith Jet Trooper are the two TBC figures from the Dooku wave

Reaction score
It seems like Hasbro are using these European shows to gradually announce full waves (although unhelpfully not announcing what's in what wave). If so I would guess the Vintage Clone Trooper they showed is in the wave with the Mandalorian figures (Mandalorian, Cara Dune, Remnant Stormtrooper).

Then if the Yakface info is true the German Convention in early December should see BS Commander Bly and Sith Jet Trooper announced.

If so for Vintage, considering the remnant stormtrooper and clone trooper are repaints, with all the repacks they have only actually announced 2 new figures and they say they are invested in the line. Doesn't seem like it.

For those hoping for more Rise of Skywalker figures, Hasbro said at the Italian and Spain shows that they have nothing else planned for now as they have to see the movie, see what else is worth a figure and how fans react to particular characters. They basically said with the Knights of Ren that they wanted to do one in BS and VC but are waiting to see if they turn out to be used like the Praetorian guards before they commit to doing them all. As a result given it takes 12-18 months to get a figure designed, produced and on sale I don't think we are going to see anymore Rise of Skywalker figures we don't already know are coming in 2020.

In other news these new forums are ugly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It seems like Hasbro are using these European shows to gradually announce full waves (although unhelpfully not announcing what's in what wave). If so I would guess the Vintage Clone Trooper they showed is in the wave with the Mandalorian figures (Mandalorian, Cara Dune, Remnant Stormtrooper).

Then if the Yakface info is true the German Convention in early December should see BS Commander Bly and Sith Jet Trooper announced.

If so for Vintage, considering the remnant stormtrooper and clone trooper are repaints, with all the repacks they have only actually announced 2 new figures and they say they are invested in the line. Doesn't seem like it.

For those hoping for more Rise of Skywalker figures, Hasbro said at the Italian and Spain shows that they have nothing else planned for now as they have to see the movie, see what else is worth a figure and how fans react to particular characters. They basically said with the Knights of Ren that they wanted to do one in BS and VC but are waiting to see if they turn out to be used like the Praetorian guards before they commit to doing them all. As a result given it takes 12-18 months to get a figure designed, produced and on sale I don't think we are going to see anymore Rise of Skywalker figures we don't already know are coming in 2020.

In other news these new forums are ugly.
Ah that's a shame about new movie figures. I really wanted a decent Poe. Partly, because I like the outfit and we need a photo real Oscar Issac, and secondly, if the scarf was removable, it might have been possible to kitbash a half decent Indiana Jones.

Reaction score
Black series Luke's X-wing helmet down to £80.00 'limited time deal' on Amazon UK
Price correct as of 22:45

The Stormtrooper one is the same price also

Reaction score
Black series Luke's X-wing helmet down to £80.00 'limited time deal' on Amazon UK
Price correct as of 22:45

Brilliant! Cheers! Ordered.

Reaction score
I do find it quite baffling that they say they have to see the movie first. They also said they have no idea what Palpatine looks like in it, similarly to how they had no idea how Luke would look in TFA, and had no idea about his Crait outfit in TLJ until they saw it on screen.

I get that they want to avoid spoilers etc, but I think it really harms sales to release stuff so long after the films. You'd think TPTB would want to have as much merch as possible available to buy in stores when the film is actually IN CINEMAS. Rather than waiting a year when the general public will have forgotten/have less interest.

Find the comments also interesting as it sounds like they're acknowledging poor reception/sales of sequel stuff.

Reaction score
Ordered the red 5 helmet myself yesterday. I really can't afford it, but I don't think we're going to see big reductions on it until well after Christmas. Logically, I know the Vader has dropped as low as £50 from time to time, but the 8 year old in me wants one NOW!!. I used to have a Don Post one years ago and was more than happy with it but it got snapped in two when we moved house. Anyone know if the visor is retractable on this one? It's not a deal breaker but would be a nice touch....

Reaction score
Ordered the red 5 helmet myself yesterday. I really can't afford it, but I don't think we're going to see big reductions on it until well after Christmas. Logically, I know the Vader has dropped as low as £50 from time to time, but the 8 year old in me wants one NOW!!. I used to have a Don Post one years ago and was more than happy with it but it got snapped in two when we moved house. Anyone know if the visor is retractable on this one? It's not a deal breaker but would be a nice touch....
The visor is fixed, non moveable.

Reaction score
It looks too good to even quibble about that... I can't remember if there are any scenes with the visor retracted anyway....
Mines arriving later today, I'll give my thoughts when it comes!

Reaction score
Add me to the list of those not being a fan of the new look here.........

I've pre-ordered everything Black Series so far, and Crait Luke will be the cherry on top for me. But I draw the Line at bloody Jar Jar!

Avoiding spoilers is one thing (and mostly complete pointless in today's World) but restricting Hasbro's options on figure releases to not showing them Film Characters is utter madness. It's not like this is some throwaway cheap license in the first place, but how squeezed must Hasbro feel by both uninspiring character-designs clogging the ST & not getting early enough sight of Good/Toyetic designs to actually make them in time for the media push of the Film being in Cinemas?

Very, would be the answer. And this may be why there is so little 3.75 stuff being worked on, they've been burned both ways by the last couple of films so they are probably just doing the minimum the License requires. Sad. But understandable.

Reaction score
It looks too good to even quibble about that... I can't remember if there are any scenes with the visor retracted anyway....
Mines arriving later today, I'll give my thoughts when it comes!
There's scenes with it in different positions (giving the impression it could retract) but in the prop itself the visor was a separate piece.

Also if they're anything like mine, they're painful on the nose. That's why in some scenes from ESB onwards you'll see some pilots with an extra little nose piece to protect them from digging into their skin.

Reaction score
Anyone seen the Ventress FX Lightsaber up for PO? Need to get that as missed out on the original version.
Zavvi have this listed along with Kit Fisto but the price is steep. £214.99

Reaction score
Warning for MIB collectors for the X Wing helmet. Mines just arrived, not in any kind of shipper with the label just slapped on the box and no protection whatsoever. I'll be displaying this out of the box, but I'm really not happy with the way this was sent, especially with the driving rain hitting the box.

Reaction score
Warning for MIB collectors for the X Wing helmet. Mines just arrived, not in any kind of shipper with the label just slapped on the box and no protection whatsoever. I'll be displaying this out of the box, but I'm really not happy with the way this was sent, especially with the driving rain hitting the box.
That is the problem with Amazon at times. I ordered a vinyl LP once and they stuck the address label on to the outer jacket. No packing, nothing. Safe to say it went back.
They have a small box which you need to tick to say you want it boxing on some items. Tucked away on the order page. Not good enough i agree.

Reaction score
Just a warning to everyone:

Dark Side Toys seem to have gone dark. Quite literally.

No response to emails. Their phone number does not work.
No updates on orders. Their Twitter account has been deleted.

Looks like they just scammed me. Wonderful!

Reaction score
Just a warning to everyone:

Dark Side Toys seem to have gone dark. Quite literally.

No response to emails. Their phone number does not work.
No updates on orders. Their Twitter account has been deleted.

Looks like they just scammed me. Wonderful!

If this is the case, contact your card provider / Paypal and lodge a refund request.

Reaction score
Yep time to warn everyone not to go near DST I am afraid. I hope anyone affected can get their money back via their card company or PayPal. Stick with the established retailers like In Demand, Kapow and Star Action Figures in the future, there is a reason they have all been around 10 years+

Reaction score
I do find it quite baffling that they say they have to see the movie first. They also said they have no idea what Palpatine looks like in it, similarly to how they had no idea how Luke would look in TFA, and had no idea about his Crait outfit in TLJ until they saw it on screen.

I get that they want to avoid spoilers etc, but I think it really harms sales to release stuff so long after the films. You'd think TPTB would want to have as much merch as possible available to buy in stores when the film is actually IN CINEMAS. Rather than waiting a year when the general public will have forgotten/have less interest.

Find the comments also interesting as it sounds like they're acknowledging poor reception/sales of sequel stuff.
Yes agreed its crazy but is Disney secrecy behind it and its one of the factors in the decline of SW toys on the high streets as kids want what they saw on screen straight after. 18 months later is too late. And yes the comments from Hasbro were pretty much we got stung on Phasma and Praetorian Guards so we are not going to repeat that with the Knights of Ren.

Reaction score
Comics and Corktails are currently doing VC Skiff Guard Lando for £11.99 shipped for anyone that hasn't got him yet
Price correct as of 18:25

* lol R instead of C otherwise the forum censors it...

Reaction score
Zavvi have this listed along with Kit Fisto but the price is steep. £214.99

That's nuts. Apparently they've got new advanced LEDs and sounds, whatever that means. But what's so good about it that it jacks the price up to double what they used to be? For that price I want two so I can link them together. Shame. I wouldn't mind owning that set...

Reaction score
That's nuts. Apparently they've got new advanced LEDs and sounds, whatever that means. But what's so good about it that it jacks the price up to double what they used to be? For that price I want two so I can link them together. Shame. I wouldn't mind owning that set...
Just noticed Comics and Cocktails have it for £185

Requires a deposit. Anyone used them before? Are they reliable?

Also is the Kylo Ren FX any different to the previous version?

Reaction score
Yep time to warn everyone not to go near DST I am afraid. I hope anyone affected can get their money back via their card company or PayPal. Stick with the established retailers like In Demand, Kapow and Star Action Figures in the future, there is a reason they have all been around 10 years+
Has this been confirm about DST? They removed a post on their Facebook account yesterday when asked about them going under, so either they are still trading or they don't want anyone to know.

Reaction score
Has this been confirm about DST? They removed a post on their Facebook account yesterday when asked about them going under, so either they are still trading or they don't want anyone to know.
I don't know anything for sure but looking at what they have had in stock when compared to other retailers its been clear for a while they were having issues getting stock. That could be for a variety of reasons from Hasbro UK making errors to them having unpaid invoices. I visited their stand at MCM London a few weeks back and there were several angry customers confronting the owner about stock he had on the stand which they had longstanding unfulfilled preorders for. Then there is a massive and rapidly increasing thread on the echo modern Facebook group with people who have outstanding orders and are getting increasingly worried about lack of communications. I have also noticed that they have removed numerous negative posts from their Facebook page, the owner has withdrawn from all the Star Wars groups he was active on and they have not added the latest SW preorders on their site. So it does not look good. Personally I would avoid, at least until it becomes clear what is going on. Sad thing is they had a good reputation up until recently so if they were up front and honest about any issues they are having I suspect people would give them a chance to sort it out but instead they are just ignoring customers it seems.

Reaction score
Is there anywhere over here that sells the Hot Wheels ships first run? I want the Razor Crest but I only ever see them in places like TK Maxx years after release.

Reaction score
Is there anywhere over here that sells the Hot Wheels ships first run? I want the Razor Crest but I only ever see them in places like TK Maxx years after release.
Don't think so - most shops struggle to sell them. I still see a lot of unsold TFA Hot Wheels that have been gathering dust since 2015. Probably better ordering online.

Reaction score
I try to collect the Hot Wheels Starships without importing them myself, and as far as I'm aware they are not available - at all. The Starships are something that seemed to be quite quickly abandoned here, the first few waves were something retailers officially sold, but then it turned into them only showing up in Poundshops months after release, and then they vanished altogether. We've missed multiple waves - I try and keep an eye out for them and only started after they showed up in Poundshops, but in general collecting them has been pretty annoying. From what I remember we got up to some Rogue One ships in Poundshops (The one with Partisan X-wing, and then later on in more limited amounts the one with the Mandolorian fighter/Vader's TIE etc) , then nothing for a while even though more waves released, then suddenly over a year later a TLJ wave showed up in Poundland even though that was very behind, then one of the old Rogue-One waves (with the Lambda shuttle and Blockade Runner) showed up in B&M suddenly before going back to nothing available again. Now it seems older waves have again started showing up in TK Maxx at £4 each (even going back to the original stuff with the flight navigator stand :confused: and Rogue Ones first wave again), years after release, with the latest wave there I've seen being TLJ's 2nd (I think it's 2nd? The one with the Speederbike and Imperial Tank) wave being the most recent I've found (Still not found the AT-ST, i think that's something that's meant to be there in that set). Overall it's still very sporadic and random with little availability in general. I keep seeing photos of them easily available at cheap prices in the US and it's a bit disheartening considering how badly things have been handled here.

I might be a bit incorrect with which specific wave stuff was available but the point is we are very, very far behind with everything unfortunately. Waves like the one with the Sandcrawler/Grevious never showed up here at all that I know of. They aren't available online anywhere that I've found and shops don't sell them so there's pretty much no chance of getting the latest wave with the Razor Crest without importing them from somewhere, which is a shame.

Reaction score
Black series Luke helmet arrived from amazon - no knock on door, instead just a note saying 'bin' - was left in the glass recycling box that had been collecting rain water all day - there was no outer box, so the postage label was just slapped on the image of the helmet on the box, alongside a postage label for someone else, and there were a number of rips in the packaging as well. Glad to pay for Prime!

Reaction score
Rise of Skywalker stuff is already reduced at the Disney shop in Meadowhall. It does make one wonder if they know something we don't.

I am nearly decided to sell up but will be having a think about what stays or goes. Mostly loose/ mint modern but a lot of vehicle boxes and some vintage playsets left. Everything that was released that was ever OT on-screen in 3.75" scale, plus a few EU bits like Disney droid factory astromechs and rebel pilots. Includes rare stuff like Death Star Briefing, Scramble on Yavin, BG-J38, TVC Slave 1, Barge etc. People can send PMs to register interest at this time and be advised I will be researching and selling for market value if/ when it happens. I was thinking of payment by Paypal gift versus can visit me and have a shopping trip in my cellar if you bring plenty of cash :p

Reaction score
Rise of Skywalker stuff is already reduced at the Disney shop in Meadowhall. It does make one wonder if they know something we don't.

I am nearly decided to sell up but will be having a think about what stays or goes. Mostly loose/ mint modern but a lot of vehicle boxes and some vintage playsets left. Everything that was released that was ever OT on-screen in 3.75" scale, plus a few EU bits like Disney droid factory astromechs and rebel pilots. Includes rare stuff like Death Star Briefing, Scramble on Yavin, BG-J38, TVC Slave 1, Barge etc. People can send PMs to register interest at this time and be advised I will be researching and selling for market value if/ when it happens. I was thinking of payment by Paypal gift versus can visit me and have a shopping trip in my cellar if you bring plenty of cash :p
Don't sell up. There is a reason you bought it all in the first place.

This ST has been an absolute disaster but that doesn't diminish the majesty of the OT.
The PT wasn't great but was helped massively by the excellent Clone Wars series.

I still enjoy all of it (well, apart from TPM).

Other than Rogue One (which is fantastic), and the ok Solo movie, Disney have made a mess. I have no interest in EP9 (unless people I trust can convince me it can somehow salvage the car crash of 7/8).

That doesn't spoil what Lucas created.

I read countless dreadful EU stories from Chewbacca's meteorite death to the Vong invasion. This Disney trilogy is just very bad EU too.

Reaction score
Jedi Temple archives just released images of gamestop exclusive light side Revan and battledroid heavy from BF2. Really hope we get these exclusives here. Still waiting to see if we get the re-release of the shocktrooper which I want.

Reaction score
Just been in Smyths at Kirkstall bridge in Leeds. A shelf fair groaning under the weight of carbonised Jet Troopers, but nothing else from that wave at all. Seems like they're just concentrating on their exclusive with only a smattering of the rest of the wave across the country.

Noticed something else in there though, it's way off topic but fascinating (for me, at least). I was glancing across the Marvel stuff and noticed that they're carrying basic carded versions of Marvel Legends at £14.99. Off the top of my head it was Time suit Cap, Iron Man, Black Panther, stealth suit Spidey and Captain Marvel. If the original figure included an alternate unmasked head, that has been included, but otherwise they've dropped the rest of the accessories and put them on basic blister cards like the 5 poa figures. I had no idea these existed. I might be tempted if I thought the line had legs, but this may be a one and done 'best of' wave.

Sorry for the ramble... back to Star Wars!

Reaction score
Received The Man Who Shot Luke Skywalker today. Really nice book full of vintage Kenner photos.

Also received the convention exclusive Luke from FP

Reaction score

Well I don't need another golf cart but I'd be interested in Red Leader with his rio and the bug droid, but not for crazy prices. Cheapest for BG-J38 on ebay is over a ton. But if you're able to actually sell for those kinda prices then fair play to ya.

On a tangent, searching for that droid surprisingly ends up with results for larger size bras. Always thought that droid was kinky.