UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
Well,that's a shed-load of Black Series pre-ordered. If nobody is supposed to be buying Star Wars merch anymore I'm certainly spending more than I've done on figures in any time in about the last five years...........

Reaction score
A couple of deliveries today:

Carbonised 2nd Sister,TBS Jedi Luke & TVC Luke X-Wing from Star Action Figures
SHF Darth Vader & Stormtrooper from Nippon Yassan

Reaction score
A couple of deliveries today:

Carbonised 2nd Sister,TBS Jedi Luke & TVC Luke X-Wing from Star Action Figures
SHF Darth Vader & Stormtrooper from Nippon Yassan
What do you make of the Vader and Trooper? I did not bother myself but I am interested how they compare to the last releases.

Reaction score
What do you make of the Vader and Trooper? I did not bother myself but I am interested how they compare to the last releases.
Much better than the previous versions. Stormtrooper is just about perfect - great sculpt, switch out holster, extra guns. Vader is much taller, good Anakin sculpt, just wish the inner cape was cloth rather than plastic

Reaction score
6" Kit Fisto and Plo Koon just revealed. Still no sign of Dooku. Only one more European con to go for potential further reveals, is that this weekend as well?

Reaction score
6" Kit Fisto and Plo Koon just revealed. Still no sign of Dooku. Only one more European con to go for potential further reveals, is that this weekend as well?
2 more. Barcelona tomorrow and one in Germany in early December so 2 sets of reveals to come.

Reaction score
Much better than the previous versions. Stormtrooper is just about perfect - great sculpt, switch out holster, extra guns. Vader is much taller, good Anakin sculpt, just wish the inner cape was cloth rather than plastic
Very tempted.

Reaction score
Prequel Jedi finally getting very done is welcome news indeed. Hoping they will do a full cast of them eventually. And Dooku.........indeed.

Reaction score
6" Plo Koon and Kit Fisto look amazing!

But the TVC reveals? Repacked Bespin Han, General Lando, 3PO and Bespin Luke. Argh!! The 3PO and Lando had TBS repacked and are still hanging around in entertainers for less than £4!! Maddening. I get that they're going to have roles in TROS but could they not have repacked Bespin Lando at least? It's the 40th anniversary of TESB after all.

Hopefully Bespin Han will have face tech like the target stormie Han. Hope the Luke has the different cardback photo at least (probably won't) and hope the 3PO will be on a SW card at least. (again probably won't)

Reaction score
Big move for Forbidden Planet Glasgow next weekend. Moving to larger store in Sauchiehall Street and a Grand opening to be had on the Saturday 9th.

Reaction score
More TVC repacks incoming...Clone Commander Anakin, Obi Wan, Darth Maul and...Wicket?

Reaction score
On the other side of the coin i'm welcoming the repacks as i've been rebuilding my carded TVC and some of the secondary market prices are ridiculous.

Reaction score
So... Dooku has been revealed. I just need to find out if he's in the same wave as Obi Wan and Anakin before I place my order....

Reaction score
I find it funny that Hasbro makes an european convention-tour to announce new products that they will never even officially release in these countries :grin: I am not even sure Hasbro actually still has people in Europe besides in the UK.

I took a look at Christmas catalogs and went to several stores in southern France and northern Italy the past couple of weeks, and the 2019 Christmas selection for Hasbro Star Wars toys is hilarious : there's even less products than last Christmas when there was no SW movie released. All I saw were the cheap lightsabers and masks, a few 12" shampoo bottles figures here and there, and only ONE store has received ONE case of the BS6" wave that's with the Sithtrooper... asked them if they will have the other waves and no, and even better that ONE case is ALL they will have until Christmas (apparently that BS6" wave is on their Christmas catalog this year, so they received that case without asking for it as they have to have in store what's on the catalogs). Oh and some stores still have 5poa TFA and RO figures at 15€ each and still hope to sell them for that price 4 years later :whistling:

Some retailers don't even have anything Star Wars at all on their Christmas catalog. I guess retailers are not ordering or don't even know there's a new SW movie and don't even want to bother looking, but isn't Hasbro also supposed to communicate towards retailers to let them know they exist and have products to sell? At this point Hasbro is not even trying to pretend they care.

On the other end, Lego : everything SW they are releasing this year is already present in most stores. Small stores/supermarkets have the new smaller sets. Bigger toy stores/hypermarkets have everything even the most expensive sets. Hasbro really must have communication issues towards their business partners.

Though to Hasbro's defense the retailers in the parts of Europe where I live also have a questionnable and strange way to handle their business, and find it just so easy to blame "the internet and Amazon" for all the troubles they have instead of making efforts to stay in the game. I also collect some of the Hot Wheels basic-cheap car line, and this is the first year in more than 20 collecting them I had to order job-lots of the 2019 series on Ebay to get the cars I wanted because my local stores were not restocking them. So I don't know what retailers want... they don't have anyhing of what I want to buy, yet they would like me to buy from them still :hmm:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I find it funny that Hasbro makes an european convention-tour to announce new products that they will never even officially release in these countries :grin: I am not even sure Hasbro actually still has people in Europe besides in the UK.

I took a look at Christmas catalogs and went to several stores in southern France and northern Italy the past couple of weeks, and the 2019 Christmas selection for Hasbro Star Wars toys is hilarious : there's even less products than last Christmas when there was no SW movie released. All I saw were the cheap lightsabers and masks, a few 12" shampoo bottles figures here and there, and only ONE store has received ONE case of the BS6" wave that's with the Sithtrooper... asked them if they will have the other waves and no, and even better that ONE case is ALL they will have until Christmas (apparently that BS6" wave is on their Christmas catalog this year, so they received that case without asking for it as they have to have in store what's on the catalogs). Oh and some stores still have 5poa TFA and RO figures at 15€ each and still hope to sell them for that price 4 years later :whistling:

Some retailers don't even have anything Star Wars at all on their Christmas catalog. I guess retailers are not ordering or don't even know there's a new SW movie and don't even want to bother looking, but isn't Hasbro also supposed to communicate towards retailers to let them know they exist and have products to sell? At this point Hasbro is not even trying to pretend they care.

On the other end, Lego : everything SW they are releasing this year is already present in most stores. Small stores/supermarkets have the new smaller sets. Bigger toy stores/hypermarkets have everything even the most expensive sets. Hasbro really must have communication issues towards their business partners.

Though to Hasbro's defense the retailers in the parts of Europe where I live also have a questionnable and strange way to handle their business, and find it just so easy to blame "the internet and Amazon" for all the troubles they have instead of making efforts to stay in the game. I also collect some of the Hot Wheels basic-cheap car line, and this is the first year in more than 20 collecting them I had to order job-lots of the 2019 series on Ebay to get the cars I wanted because my local stores were not restocking them. So I don't know what retailers want... they don't have anyhing of what I want to buy, yet they would like me to buy from them still :hmm:
And that is so sad. I was telling my sons the other day that when I was their age the problem was that I could only afford to buy one figure, now and then and the stores had such a choice. Even when I was older and Into gi joe there was only a few figures I couldn’t get hold of easily.
se went to the opening of the new smyths yesterday. Lots of stock. Star Wars? Blade builders and a couple of the new galaxy of adventures figures. No bs. No tros.
As you say Lego manage to be everywhere so why do hasbro do so bad?

Reaction score
Is dooku in the same wave as Kit and Plo?
It would be nice to know if all the reveals are in one wave or split across two. I want to get my order in. I don't want to preorder Obi, Anakin and Dooku together if Mr Lee is coming a few months later. I know Hasbro UK has gone over to solid cases now, but AFAIK all the etailers operate a policy of not shipping until your whole order is in stock. The wave contents will be critical information for order placement.

Reaction score
I'm just pleased He's happening. Slowly, but surely my Wants-List is being whittled down. A few more Jedi, a Crait Luke and some Republic Commandoes and I'll be done.

Reaction score
Found as new TROS bs figs in Smyth's Edinburgh yesterday, so finally grabbed a Mandalorian. So excited to check this out, the idea of getting a few mates round weekly to watch it will be a new experience for starwars

Reaction score
More TVC repacks incoming...Clone Commander Anakin, Obi Wan, Darth Maul and...Wicket?

"New" Remnant Stormtrooper on the way too. Just a repaint of the Rogue One sculpt, so slightly better than just a straight repack. I'm still a bit frustrated the repacks are repacks of previous TVC stuff, instead of stuff that's good that hasn't ever been on TVC cards. Whole bunch of TLC stuff that would look GREAT on TVC cards. Giran, Zuckuss, Needa, etc...

Reaction score
Found as new TROS bs figs in Smyth's Edinburgh yesterday, so finally grabbed a Mandalorian. So excited to check this out, the idea of getting a few mates round weekly to watch it will be a new experience for starwars
Absolutely! Just sucks that its 'early 2020' instead of November like the US.

Reaction score
I asked Smyths on Twitter about their website saying BS Mandalorian and Sith Trooper are no longer available:

[FONT=&quot]@AskSmythsToys

@AskSmythsToys

·
Hi there, unfortunately these have been discontinued as we're not expecting further stock of them to come in. Once again, apologies for any disappointment caused by this!

[/FONT]

Reaction score
Someone's found a listing in a Walmart computer which places Dooku in a later wave (also including Hoth Rebel, and just for Qui Gon further upthread a Crait Luke!) so as soon as I've got something spare in the bank, I'll order Obi Wan and Anakin, then Dooku as a separate order. Some nice releases to look forward to there...

Reaction score
I picked up a Sideshow Ventress yesterday for £60 from a fair.

Quite pleased to add an old, but unique figure to my 1/6 collection.

Reaction score
I picked up a Sideshow Ventress yesterday for £60 from a fair.

Quite pleased to add an old, but unique figure to my 1/6 collection.
Are people still buying sideshow? I've got a boxful to get shot of if you know anywhere decent to flog them. I sold a few army builders last year (Stormie, RFT etc.) but it seems like nobody wants any of the main characters now Hot Toys are on the scene...

Reaction score
Are people still buying sideshow? I've got a boxful to get shot of if you know anywhere decent to flog them. I sold a few army builders last year (Stormie, RFT etc.) but it seems like nobody wants any of the main characters now Hot Toys are on the scene...
Depends what you have..... some of them are good even if only for customs and the like

Reaction score
More Black Series and Vintage Collection preorders have gone live this evening. For those wondering about wave assortments for BS at least one retailer has confirmed Dooku is in the next wave along with Zorri Bliss, Knight of Ren and probably a couple more figures yet to be announced. Then the next wave is Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, EP 2 Anakin and Obi Wan and Geonosis Battledroid. Weird how Hasbro have handled announcements and preorders for these waves.

Reaction score
Any clones?

Reaction score
Rebel Soldiers are great for customs. I have a new body/head RFT and Endor Soldier.

Reaction score
Any clones?
Just got core cast now. The ones that have been made completely redundant by Hot Toys. I still think most of them are really good for the time, apart from Bespin Han, which was a mess then and is still a mess now.... I'm certain I couldn't give that one away!

Reaction score

Do you think that the Mando will be the usual pain in the 'arris to find?

I have a few Smyth's pretty close to me & was wondering if it was worth a trip?

Keith.

Reaction score
Do you think that the Mando will be the usual pain in the 'arris to find?

I have a few Smyth's pretty close to me & was wondering if it was worth a trip?

Keith.
If you look at the product page for each figure on the website, there's a little box on the side where you can select a store and it'll tell you how many of that character is in stock. Although the last time I checked, out of about 200 stores, only five or six were showing stock...

Reaction score
Hot Toys ROTJ Stormtrooper arrived today from Collectibles Direct.

Carbonised Jet Trooper is en route from Smyths and the AT-ST Raider and Ghost Yoda from Star Action Figures.

I've pre-ordered the Kit Fisto wave. Going to wait until the whole waves are revealed before pre-ordering the Dooku wave and the TVC Mandalorian wave.

Anyone seen the Ventress FX Lightsaber up for PO? Need to get that as missed out on the original version.

Also any idea what is happening with IG-11? Strange that non of the etailers have him available to order.

Reaction score
If you look at the product page for each figure on the website, there's a little box on the side where you can select a store and it'll tell you how many of that character is in stock. Although the last time I checked, out of about 200 stores, only five or six were showing stock...

Cheers for that, kinda what I expected!

Don't know about you all but I'm not loving this new webpage layout! I right pain to find the threads I want to read!

Reaction score
Absolutely! Just sucks that its 'early 2020' instead of November like the US.
Kinda of like what SKY did to us In the Ron Moore Galactica Series it went to UK and Canada first. It should be released all at the same time.GC

Reaction score
So the first repack wave is shipping June 2020 and the second repack wave is September 2020. With no other new figures announced. This seems..... Disappointing.