UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
I wouldn’t consider challenging people’s perceptions on the ST as well as racism, sexism and mental health bigotry as parody. But whatever floats your boat. Maybe that’s what the Bulgarians were thinking at last nights UEFA games.

on topic, any more ASDA finds?
Challenging racism, sexism and bigotry = definitely not parody. That vitriol needs to be called out and condemned. Carry on.

Challenging perceptions on the sequel trilogy = parody. There's a lot wrong with the ST, and some of the justifications people come up with in defence of the ST can be hilarious.

Back in topic: still no new TROS Hasbro product at all in any shop in Norwich. What gives??

Luckily Star Action Figures have come through and I've got the TROS wave of TVC in hand now. Great set of figures. Wish Hasbro had been continuing with TVC when TFA came out in 2015 - we could have had so much good stuff, instead of the banana visor rubbish we had to put up with...

Added to the new TVC wave, I also managed to finally get hold of the Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath) from the first TVC run. A great figure!

Reaction score
Mandalorian arrived this afternoon from ID. Sterling service as usual. A nice high spot before I have to go to the emergency dentist tomorrow.

Reaction score
Challenging racism, sexism and bigotry = definitely not parody. That vitriol needs to be called out and condemned. Carry on.

Challenging perceptions on the sequel trilogy = parody. There's a lot wrong with the ST, and some of the justifications people come up with in defence of the ST can be hilarious.
!
Agreed. As long as people can accept that some people just didn’t like the films everyone should be cool.
btw. I didn’t like the films.
because they destroyed all that Luke leia and Han accomplished. And the story was weak not Because of a female lead etc

Reaction score
Agreed. As long as people can accept that some people just didn’t like the films everyone should be cool.
btw. I didn’t like the films.
because they destroyed all that Luke leia and Han accomplished. And the story was weak not Because of a female lead etc
Agreed.

I hated red what they did with Han and Leia. Hated it. No context. No explanation. Nothing. Rey was awesome. Agreed.

Reaction score
There's seems to be some mix up here. The OP said he'd just gotten the TBS6 Jedi Luke and I was asking for his opinion on that. I assumed he was replying to me about the best ever Luke head. Or possibly it's me that's gotten mixed up!

Reaction score
For those like me who missed the TKMAXX force link packs, Howleys Toys on ebay have a number in at £8.94 with free shipping
Wampa and Luke ( I've gone for this one) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Force-Link-2-0-Figure-Wampa-and-Luke-Skywalker-Hoth/283645406425?hash=item420a956cd9:g:R-4AAOSwDg9dp2UW

Rathtar and Bala Tik https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Force-Link-2-0-Figure-Rathar-and-Bala-Tik/274054974425?hash=item3fcef30bd9:g:4QQAAOSw0-Ndp2k2

Enfys and swoop bike https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Force-Link-2-0-Enfys-Nest-and-Swoop-Bike/283587981388?hash=item420729304c:g:GpcAAOSwc8hdXafp

*just noticed these are included in their buy 3 get £5 back deal also so if you get 3 effectively one is only £3.94

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hot toys deluxe Artoo shipping soon !
I have the Sideshow version but like the look of the HT one. I'll wait until a review is online before biting.

The FX sounds is part that concerns me, especially with Hot Toys. The EP4 Vader is awful for trying to get to work, lot of phaffing around with no simple 'on/off' switch.

Reaction score
My Regular Mando arrived from SAF......but it would be nice to hear when Jedi Luke and the others are going to make it in too.....they've been on "arriving this week!" since mid last week ��

Reaction score
My Regular Mando arrived from SAF......but it would be nice to hear when Jedi Luke and the others are going to make it in too.....they've been on "arriving this week!" since mid last week ��
Wayne posted yesterday that he is expecting deliveries this Friday of many outstanding items

Very Quick update. This weeks delivery will see more of the Force Friday figures arrive, except both versions of the Second Sister, Sith Trooper and the Purge Trooper which all should be next week.
So Luke Jedi, Luke Vintage X-Wing figure (which completes the set) , we probably have enough Second Sisters and Sith Troopers to send out full sets of 6 inch wave 22 that have been pre-ordered so far, and our exclusive Mandorlian will also be here

Reaction score
Carbonised Sith Trooper arrived from Amazon today. Also got the Disney Droid Factory Rise Of Skywalker set from Ebay

Reaction score
My Sideshow Legendary Scale Yoda Statue arrived today from Collectibles Direct. Very nice piece it is too.
My crappy photos don't do it justice.

Reaction score
My Sideshow Legendary Scale Yoda Statue arrived today from Collectibles Direct. Very nice piece it is too.
My crappy photos don't do it justice.

Congrats! Yoda looks very nice, what scale is the Legendary statue line?

Reaction score
No retro, but my local in Havant had the new 5" figures, they had Rey, Finn, Vader, Kylo and the droid 3-pack. I have to say, I love the style, particularly Rey and Finn, the style doesn't work so well for non-human characters.

Reaction score
Any more sightings of the retro collection in Asda?
As of 11.30 this morning, Asda Living at Warwickshire Retail Park, Coventry had the following - Chewie, Luke, Han and Vader. Looks like they only had the 1 case. I grabbed the Luke

The main Asda at Walsgrave Triangle still has no sign of them

Reaction score
Just had an email from Amazon saying the Hyperreal Vader will be shipping this week....
I can't believe they didn't cancel it! I felt sure they'd try to get out of the £45 preorder price somehow. It's going to be a little bit of a stretch to afford this one right now, but I can survive on beans for a few days for this kind of bargain!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Meanwhile at Asda's in London..............da nada:D

BS Jedi Luke arrived from Star Action - it's painfully close to MH but still not quite him. Good effort, but still just far enough out that Hasbro can sell another go at Him in another couple of years.

Reaction score
Hyperreal Vader has arrived. Very impressed so far, and he's still in the box! I need to do a massive shelf overhaul before he goes out. I definitely want to put a lighting rig and a red gel in that stand though. If I end up getting Luke I'll do a duel set up, but in the meantime I'm going to try and get him in that kneeling pose from the box. That looks amazing, although I've heard it's quite hard to do and needs plenty of finessing.

Reaction score
I'll just turn up on the day. Never had a problem before for marvel or Star Wars. Admittedly I'm a bit too long in the tooth for midnight showings anymore, and I can see those selling out.

Reaction score
Got my midnight tix. Not all that taken with the trailer, all feels a bit Pirates 3 to me but so much isn't being shown I guess, there's still so much to enjoy.

Reaction score
Best trailer ever. Outstanding. Beautiful. Magical.

Now, this is Star Wars.

Tickets booked. Loving life.

Reaction score
SAF have sent BS Commander Fox so am pleased that's turned up so promptly. Still no sign of the 2nd Sister though.

ROS, Charge of the Damp Brigade? Well, I'm sure it'll be on the telly one of these decades. That'll do. B)

Reaction score
Tickets booked for midnight showing. More out of habit (have done midnight showings for all the new films) than actual desire to see the film.

The new trailer is both underwhelming and utterly bonkers (not in a good way). Usually trailers get me hyped (even the TLJ ones did), but this didn't.

Obviously can't pass too much judgement now as haven't seen the film, but first impression is that it's going to be an incoherent, nonsensical mess of a film.

I can't believe we have space horses AGAIN (seriously, did they not learn from TLJ?? That whole Canto Bight sequence was c*nto sh*te), and I cannot believe they are riding those space horses outside along a star destroyer. Like something out of Neverending Story, not Star Wars...

I'll be glad when the sequel trilogy is done so I can file it away for a very long time...

In contrast, I can't wait for The Mandalorian - that looks incredible. The wait until Q1 2020 is agonising!

On the collecting front - finally managed to get hold of a TVC Death Trooper on English-only cardback, so my Imperial TVC minicollection is shaping up well!

Reaction score
Most underwhelming Star Wars trailer ever.

Will wait for reviews on here to see if it can avoid being another train wreck. I don't ever want to go through again, what I did with the midnight showing of TLJ.

Reaction score
Most underwhelming Star Wars trailer ever.

Will wait for reviews on here to see if it can avoid being another train wreck. I don't ever want to go through again, what I did with the midnight showing of TLJ.
I hear you man, same here, just more Mary Sue grunting, heavy breathing, looking angry, looking confused and, well, just pretty cardboard.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
A few finds here over the last week or so. Ended up with two Mando by mistake but hell it's a beauty.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Very nice. Still waiting on my 3 FFF figures to ship from SAF. I thought the outstanding stuff was in stock last Friday (Luke Xwing Pilot ect) but still no sign of it shipping.

EDIT: 4pm Just had dispatch email from SAF.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Obviously can't pass too much judgement now as haven't seen the film, but first impression is that it's going to be an incoherent, nonsensical mess of a film.
Based on what supposedly happens (which the new trailer lines up with), calling it a "incoherent, nonsensical mess" might be a bit of an understatement...