UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
I'm still angry at Royal Mail for one of their postmen giving POTF2 Thrawn and Clone Palps to a completely different address. On their tracking site someone had forged my signature. Took days and days of ringing various offices, having to get the guy that sent me the parcel to ring up (poor guy was kept on hold for over 45 minutes on multiple occasions) and then all they could tell me was that it was a temp that lost them. Great service from them.

On a happier note! Roys in Norwich are selling Vintage for £5.99 so got Jango and a Vader on Revenge card (will open him though) - if anyone wants a cheap RFT, Echo Base Trooper, Ponda Baba etc - Roys near Anglia square! :)

Reaction score
For those who are interested... received an email from supplier regarding the first Clone Wars wave of 2012:

2 x Anakin, 2 x Clone Trooper Phase II, Savage Opress (doesn't say if its armored or shirtless), Cad Bane, Yoda, Plo Koon, Commander Cody (S4), Mace Windu, Kashyyyk Warrior, Aqua Battle Droid.

These are available early January along with Movie Legends Wave and Vintage packaged vehicles - Anakin Pod Racer, Sith Infiltrator, Sebulba Pod Racer & AAT. Vintage Phantom Menace Wave isn't due until March!

Reaction score
I'm still angry at Royal Mail for one of their postmen giving POTF2 Thrawn and Clone Palps to a completely different address. On their tracking site someone had forged my signature. Took days and days of ringing various offices, having to get the guy that sent me the parcel to ring up (poor guy was kept on hold for over 45 minutes on multiple occasions) and then all they could tell me was that it was a temp that lost them. Great service from them.

On a happier note! Roys in Norwich are selling Vintage for £5.99 so got Jango and a Vader on Revenge card (will open him though) - if anyone wants a cheap RFT, Echo Base Trooper, Ponda Baba etc - Roys near Anglia square! :)
I've thrawn n palpa if u need em.

Reaction score
I've thrawn n palpa if u need em.

Ooh, I'll keep that in mind, thanks - atm I'm saving for the TPM wave/waiting for next lot of student loan to come through for next term, but if I decide to go back and fill some gaps in the POTF2EU wave, I'll come to you :)

Back at my parents house for Christmas holidays after uni term ended - all the stuff I've eBayed this term/stuff I've bought from TRU, not opened and brought back with me is here. It'll be like having an early Christmas opening it all! Got almost 2 waves of TVC, 2 TCW waves, Endor Pilot sets, TFU set, Mailaway Fett, stuff I got cheap from Toyz and Gamez, etc! :) :) Plus I left a bunch of stuff in Norwich 'cause I couldn't fit it all in my bags!

@_Darth_Paul_ - I think they showed the shirtless one at NYCC in the new packaging :( which is a bit weird really as he was only like that for about one episode wasn't he? I keep getting tempted to eBay him, although it would be paying over the odds. I just need to be patient! Cad Bane went like hotcakes at first, then they repacked him like crazy - need to keep telling myself the same will happen with Savage.

Not long til the Maul episode eh? Speaking of Maul - they had a big cardboard display of him at Vue cinema in Norwich, ready for TPM3D - saw it when taking my gf to go see the newest Twilight film.....

I'll be getting my own back by taking her to see TPM on Valentine's Day :p

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find an AT-AP Walker?.....Cant seem to find one. I know they were around £20 at the Entertainer and Toys R Us at one point.

Reaction score
Picked up my Revenge Commando, Leia and TIE Pilot from the post office today courtesy of Order 66 Toys, so thats a full set of varients sorted. Highly recomended sevice.

Popped into TRU Oldbury today and there were about 4 wedges and 2 Gammys there. I don't think the staff are hiding the gammys, probably just people army building them, I know I've got three and lets face it you only need 1 wedge (well I've got 2, 1 open and 1 carded) but he's just not a builder.

Reaction score
Got my Return Boba Fett yesterday from Order 66. Very pleased - currently sitting next to my prototype and rocket-firing Bobas.

And thats me all done for collecting new stuff until the Vintage Episode I wave hits.

Fingers crossed that Father Christmas will bring something too.

Reaction score
Just ordered the Republic Attack Shuttle from Amazon.com, it is only $24.99!! With shipping and pre-paid customs, it came to £34.30. Not bad. :)

Reaction score
Toys R Us in Colliers Wood had the new mini-transformers. They had both Anakin ones and the Obi Wan one. Priced £5.99 I think.

Reaction score
Speaking of Maul - they had a big cardboard display of him at Vue cinema in Norwich, ready for TPM3D - saw it when taking my gf to go see the newest Twilight film.....
Pix please... !!! there wasnt one in my local just the poster tucked away down near the last screen.

Reaction score
Just ordered the Republic Attack Shuttle from Amazon.com, it is only $24.99!! With shipping and pre-paid customs, it came to £34.30. Not bad. :)
Jessus thats a rediculous price.... UK Wholesalers are charging me over twice that...... methinks hasbro dropped the ball on that and made to many or a USA retailer went back on their initial order numbers and hasbro had to shift them fast. ! but total win for you and hasbro loose big time..

Reaction score
How does pre paid customs work? I've not heard of that before. Is it guaranteed to stop the uk customs charging more? And is it airmail or surface mail? I'm off to investigate!

Reaction score
No! You pay a deposit for the customs. At a guess I would say you are still liable for the Post Office/Parcelforce release fee of £10.00 and whatever the balance of the custom charges are...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=14309551&pop-up=1
I find the wording on that page almost indecipherable. But I figured there probably would be an additional hit of fees so I will think carefully before ordering.

Just checked the Smyths website. It's now £59.99. Hopefully they'll knock a bit more off it after Christmas...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I'll just have to wait and see on the customs issue. Annoyingly the limit has just been reduced from £18 to £15, if it hadn't then it would have been even more of a bargain at under £30 delivered! (with no customs)

I'll take the hit on the customs, will still be cheaper than the in UK, and it's a good test case for me as I've never used the pre-paid option before either, and have some other pricey things I want to order from Amazon.

Reaction score
That attack shuttle just never appealed to me, perhaps its the whole fold-out thing putting me off. I don't know why we just cant have a nice re-release of the Tyderium... The only vehicle I never got, and would still want.

Reaction score
I posted about this in previous page!

The info I have from supplier is they will be with Hasbro UK around 15th, 16th February and then you are looking at up to 10 days for them to get them out to the middlemen and on to retailers... so looking like March.

Not sure why they have appeared in Target as they are not supposed to be sold until the street date of 30th January! Over here everyone is scared of pissing Hasbro off! But when you are as big as Target, frankly I don't think they care if they upset Hasbro or not... I mean what are Hasbro going to do not allow Target to distribute their toys in future?

Last edited:
Reaction score

The info I have from supplier is they will be with Hasbro UK around 15th, 16th February and then you are looking at up to 10 days for them to get them out to the middlemen and on to retailers... so looking like March.

Not sure why they have appeared in Target as they are not supposed to be sold until the street date of 30th January! Over here everyone is scared of pissing Hasbro off! But when you are as big as Target, frankly I don't think they care if they upset Hasbro or not... I mean what are Hasbro going to do not allow Target to distribute their toys in future?
Ive heard a very different UK Street date.... and previously Ive seen nearly every NEW STYLE SW release hit the UK stores before the street date... and hasbro have done JACK ALL about it ... I picked up wave one TCW in woolworths 2 weeks early and posted pix on euro scum... I had ROTS stock in 3 weeks early and 2-3 wholesalers were shipping it out mega early.. TPM I had in stock nealy 6 weeks early and saw it in a few stores early too..

hasbro wont do a damn thing.. !

Reaction score
On a different note... popped into SMYTHS Salisbury this afternoon... 3 Wedges on the shelfs if anyone needs them..
was on my way to Dave at all the cool stuff... to drop off some SW stock and pick up some other bits.

Reaction score
Ive heard a very different UK Street date.... and previously Ive seen nearly every NEW STYLE SW release hit the UK stores before the street date... and hasbro have done JACK ALL about it ... I picked up wave one TCW in woolworths 2 weeks early and posted pix on euro scum... I had ROTS stock in 3 weeks early and 2-3 wholesalers were shipping it out mega early.. TPM I had in stock nealy 6 weeks early and saw it in a few stores early too..

hasbro wont do a damn thing.. !
When was the last time you had a wave from a UK based supplier at the same time it's been released in the US? Recent Clone Wars/Vintage Waves have been at least two months behind US releases! I would love for these to be released next month but I just don't see it happening.

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, the UK got Vintage wave 1 before the US. Also, TRU got the latest Vintage waves at the same time the US did (the one with bastilla)...

Reaction score
When was the last time you had a wave from a UK based supplier at the same time it's been released in the US? Recent Clone Wars/Vintage Waves have been at least two months behind US releases! I would love for these to be released next month but I just don't see it happening.
Ahh im not saying you or I will get them same time as the big retailers thou... but wait an see.

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, the UK got Vintage wave 1 before the US. Also, TRU got the latest Vintage waves at the same time the US did (the one with bastilla)...
there was about 4 weeks of a difference I got them from EE 19th Sept, didn't turn up in UK till a few weeks after that

Ahh im not saying you or I will get them same time as the big retailers thou... but wait an see.
Good chance if they are turning up in Target now, Walmart will follow suit so there is a fair chance Asda will probably get them early!

Reaction score
Well I came here straight from the Rebelsum main page, so I didn't see that.

And yes, Woolworths always used to put the items out early. I had the first Indy Jones wave that way, Sith and Clones too. In fact I have the first Anakin action figure that Hayden Christensen ever signed just because Woolworths had put them out ahead of release date, and I took it to him to sign on that day.

Reaction score
They had about 4 Wedge's on the pegs as well, but I left him as I already have one
Thanks for that, got one of them today myself. We should moan about them pegwarming over here and watch the Yanks get their knickers in a twist over it on the TVC forum.....:highly_amused:

Reaction score
Thanks for that, got one of them today myself. We should moan about them pegwarming over here and watch the Yanks get their knickers in a twist over it on the TVC forum.....:highly_amused:
I'm definately noticing the disparity in numbers of Wedges Vs Piggies out on shelves, I was a TRU the other day and there were at least five wedges sprinkled throuought the pegs, but no porkers....To this day I've only ever seen one Gammy on a shelf and thats the one I bought!

Reaction score
My Collector's Edition of Star Wars The Old Republic mmo arrived today and the included Gentle Giant statue of Darth Malgus is gorgeous!!!!

Reaction score
Picked up a 2nd Wedge (to open), Gammie, Wooof and another R2 to qualify for the free Boba Fett promotion that ends tomorrow. Must say, Wedge is a nice figure, didn't expect him to be that nice when opened, considering it's basically just ANH Luke Pilot with a new head/helmet.

Reaction score
The good - Gentle Giant PGM Exclusive Darth Vader (Thank The Maker) mini bust

The bad - Collectors Edition Old Republic Game - Box is rattling which wasn't a good. Open up the Malgus statue to find his left leg was snapped off below the knee :( Taking it to the local shop to see if I can get a replacement tomorrow. If not it's getting returned to the online store. Only bought it for the statue, book and soundtrack but I'll proably give the game a shot. Packaging looks fantastic.

Reaction score
I went for the republic attack shuttle at amazon USA mentioned a couple of pages back. When I finished checkout it recommended the remote control republic attack tank. It's also on sale there is and works out at £26 delivered. I took the plunge. If nothing else my cats will love chasing the missiles!

Reaction score
My Collector's Edition of Star Wars The Old Republic mmo arrived today and the included Gentle Giant statue of Darth Malgus is gorgeous!!!!
Yeah got home from work yesterday to find a huge box with the SW Old Republic Collector's Edition inside!

I agree the statue is impressive, he'll look good next to my Shae Vizla statue that I got of SWshop earlier in the year. When is the Shae Vizla bust going to finally show up?

Love the box it's all packed in, very impressive. I'll give the book and soundtrack a try this weekend.

Just hope my 3 and 3/4 inch scale Starspeeder turns up this side of Christmas, though I'm guessing it'll be New Year now the snow has arrived here in Crewe.

Reaction score
I went for the republic attack shuttle at amazon USA mentioned a couple of pages back. When I finished checkout it recommended the remote control republic attack tank. It's also on sale there is and works out at £26 delivered. I took the plunge. If nothing else my cats will love chasing the missiles!
With customs ands things though, it'd probably be easier to go to ASDA and get it, where I believe it's £35...

Reaction score
With customs ands things though, it'd probably be easier to go to ASDA and get it, where I believe it's £35...
I didn't realise it was that price in Asia. Too late now. At least saves me travel and stress trying to find one.

Does anyone know where I can find the radio controlled hailfire droid at reasonable price?

Reaction score
Managed to get my broken Darth Malgus statue replaced at Game today.