UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
Anyone know if this FP but Not TRU wave contains the elusive Bespin Han? - I know he was originally in the the Bom Vimdim Wave, but Hasbro seem to have been playing mix 'n match with the different waves over here......
Wave 8 - FP seem to have at the minute has Bom Vimdin re-packed in the case, Bespin Han was Wave 7 which never made it to these shores through UK distribution.

Case breakdown of 8: Bom Vimdin, Stormtrooper, Rebel Commando (African/American one), Darth Vader, Wicket, R2-D2, Jedi Luke, Tie Fighter Pilot, Endor Han, Boba Fett, Slave Leia & Keyan Farlander.

Reaction score
i'm hoping that someone/anyone on here can help me out big time.has anybody got a toysrus receipt for one figure so that i can send off for the boba fett figure.i went in toysrus today to pick up mario kart for the 3ds and popped over to have a look at the star wars figures and they had 3 that i needed so i bought them,i got the 3 for 2 deal as well,so i am 1 receipt/figure short to apply for the fett so if anyone has one who would be willing to send it to me i would be forever in their debt.
i have a for sale thread on here and if anyone sends me the receipt i will send them any 1 of the figures i have left in exchange.the thread is here http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1073250/ please guys you're my only hope!!

Reaction score
Rebel Commando (African/American one)
What is up with people and this? There is no Africa in SW! There is no America!
He is BLACK. BLACK BLACK BLACK

It is not un-PC to call a black man black.

I now return you to your normal programming:)

Reaction score
What is up with people and this? There is no Africa in SW! There is no America!
He is BLACK. BLACK BLACK BLACK

It is not un-PC to call a black man black.

I now return you to your normal programming:)
LOL

I was just trying to not offend anyone!

Reaction score
i'm hoping that someone/anyone on here can help me out big time.has anybody got a toysrus receipt for one figure so that i can send off for the boba fett figure.i went in toysrus today to pick up mario kart for the 3ds and popped over to have a look at the star wars figures and they had 3 that i needed so i bought them,i got the 3 for 2 deal as well,so i am 1 receipt/figure short to apply for the fett so if anyone has one who would be willing to send it to me i would be forever in their debt.
i have a for sale thread on here and if anyone sends me the receipt i will send them any 1 of the figures i have left in exchange.the thread is here http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1073250/ please guys you're my only hope!!
Yeah - I only ever got figure as all the others my kid wanted were a lot cheaper in the local Asda.

PM sent.

Cheers

Doug

Reaction score
Ive got one knocking about too, better it does some good for someone rather than sit in my wallet waiting for three others that'll never come.

Reaction score
Fett promo extended to the 16th for in store purchases. Check jedinews for more info
cheers for this info. I was gutted i couldnt make it to toysrus yesterday but just been n bought a few figures. I got 9 figures to get 2 bobas but wasnt till i left shop they are all on one receipt. Do you think i can send two applications with the one receipt? Cant see anything on the flyer to say only one application per receipt

Reaction score
cheers for this info. I was gutted i couldnt make it to toysrus yesterday but just been n bought a few figures. I got 9 figures to get 2 bobas but wasnt till i left shop they are all on one receipt. Do you think i can send two applications with the one receipt? Cant see anything on the flyer to say only one application per receipt
This isn't an issue......
I got two on the one receipt

Just put a note in with the receipt and application form and you'll be fine

Darren

Last edited:
Reaction score
This isn't an issue......
I got two on the one receipt

Just put a note in with the receipt and application form and you'll be fine

Darren
] thanks Darren, I will include a note with applications.

Went to London with work today and after work nipped in The Cinema Store and Forbidden Planet. The got a 12" hasbro AOTC Anakin for £20 which was good as it's mimb. They had some decently priced older 3@3/4 stuff too including AOTC obi wan jedi starfighter for 25 and TPM Anakin pod racer for 30. I would have bought more but couldn't carry it

Got vintage Zam and Degobah Luke in Forbidden Planet.

Reaction score
Notification from Star Toys that TVC Landspeeder and Tauntaun are shipped....tomorrow if lucky.....:tickled_pink:

Reaction score
Finally got around to getting into TRU to take up the prototype Boba figure. Bought 4 saga legends that I didn't already have, and added a bug with bike in for good measure to make some use of the 3 for 2 - figured that as I had to buy 4 figures anyway, I may as well make use of the 3for2 and get that bug&bike for less than I would normally. Just got to get the receipt sent off now. Had anyone had any experience of how long it takes to process?

Reaction score
Finally got around to getting into TRU to take up the prototype Boba figure. Bought 4 saga legends that I didn't already have, and added a bug with bike in for good measure to make some use of the 3 for 2 - figured that as I had to buy 4 figures anyway, I may as well make use of the 3for2 and get that bug&bike for less than I would normally. Just got to get the receipt sent off now. Had anyone had any experience of how long it takes to process?

Mine was less than 2 weeks :)

Haven't been able to get to Toyz and Gamez of late - not gonna walk it in the cold, and can't afford bus fare on student budget, ha ha. Shame, would like to see what they're up to. Did look in Toymaster today, they've almost sold their Yarnas, only a couple left!

Reaction score
Got the Landspeeder & Tauntaun from Star Action Figures today. Gotta love that vintage packaging.

Reaction score
Local tesco have restocked - snowspeeder luke finally and for less than £8. My boy went for the snowtrooper.

Decided to get a second boba fett mailaway and needed 2 more receipts - toys r us briddington rose to the occassion. Leia, Mace and zuckuss (3 for 2 offer was well-timed).

And I know it was bad of me but I went into fp Bristol - return endor Han and revenge slave leia. Result!

Reaction score
Not the kind of finding I am happy to report. I was putting my bins out last night and noticed a saturated cardboard package behind one. I was about to put it in my cardboard bin figuring it had fallen out when I moved it last week. When I picked it up I realised it was unopened post.
Postman had obviously left it there while I was out instead of leaving a card. I opened it and found my search for luke from Play. It is completely waterlogged. The figures themselves are OK but I am an unopener so I am not happy. I guess it's quite apt it had to be that set left out in the elements to be rescued

Reaction score
While in TRU Sheffield yesterday I noticed a box of smaller SW Transformers on the floor - didn't look closely at them, but was wondering if they are a new addition to that particular line? Does anyone know the RRP for these? Couldn't see a section of pegs set aside for them.

Reaction score
Spoke to a supplier, who I don't normally use that often, about Star Wars Phantom Menace Vintage Wave release date - looking like they will be with Hasbro around 17th February 2012 and probably with retailers 7 - 10 days later - would be sooner if you cut the middleman out!

Seems strange that the figures are coming out after the film is in the cinema. All the promotion for the film will be a couple of weeks in advance of the film's release yet the toys will be probably two weeks later!!!

Reaction score
Got the Landspeeder & Tauntaun from Star Action Figures today. Gotta love that vintage packaging.
Yeah I got home from work yesterday to find a parcel from Star Action Figures. Nice that they packed them in the Hasbro shipping box, I love little touches like that, call me daft but it really adds to the whole excitement of getting new toys to open.

prefer the box on the Landspeeder as it main image replicates the old Kenner/Palitoy box, where as they've fudged the Tauntaun box. the Kenner/Palitoy Tauntaun (no belly feature) had Star Wars Leia on the front not Hoth Leia, plus Han Hoth on the snow lizard ... still I suppose this new critter is meant to be Luke's ride, but how stupid of Hasbro to release a Tauntaun with no currently available Hoth Luke to ride said beast?

At least there's a vintage collection Farmboy Luke out at the moment to sit in his landspeeder ... even if you have to overlook his stormtrooper belt, at least he can sit down eh?

Reaction score
Prototype Boba Fett was waiting for me when I got home. It arrived just inside 2 weeks. Also nicely packaged. All in all its a very nice item.

My only dilemma is to open or not. I was planing on opening but it looks good on the card. If only TRU didn't have such a rubbish selection of figures I would have bought another four to get another Boba.

Reaction score
Third Proto Fett arrived yesterday.. ( one too keep totaly sealed one to open and display carded and one to open)

Two more on the way for trade fodder for forign variations.

Damn nice piece too..

Reaction score
Not the kind of finding I am happy to report. I was putting my bins out last night and noticed a saturated cardboard package behind one. I was about to put it in my cardboard bin figuring it had fallen out when I moved it last week. When I picked it up I realised it was unopened post.
Postman had obviously left it there while I was out instead of leaving a card. I opened it and found my search for luke from Play. It is completely waterlogged. The figures themselves are OK but I am an unopener so I am not happy. I guess it's quite apt it had to be that set left out in the elements to be rescued
If I were you, I'd you complain to Play that it was lost or damaged;
they should send you a replacement, then they can file a complaint/claim with the Post Office or courier company.
That way, the only party that loses out is the one at fault.

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd you complain to Play that it was lost or damaged;
they should send you a replacement, then they can file a complaint/claim with the Post Office or courier company.
That way, the only party that loses out is the one at fault.
Take some photos of the damage and send them in with a claim form and a printout of your order (showing the value of the item) to the postoffice. They will pay you the cost of a replacement item.

Reaction score
Thanks to Order 66, got my tauntaun and landspeeder today. Liking the new speeder, nice piece! :)

Reaction score
While in TRU Sheffield yesterday I noticed a box of smaller SW Transformers on the floor - didn't look closely at them, but was wondering if they are a new addition to that particular line? Does anyone know the RRP for these? Couldn't see a section of pegs set aside for them.
There's 3 small Star Wars Transformers. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Grevious. RRP about £7.99

Reaction score
I think thats the 2011 ones that should NOT be out on the shelfs just yet... the swindon TRU manager showed me them and the Maul Sabers when I was there last sunday picking up 4 more figs to get another Proto Fett for myself :)

Reaction score
Good weekend - Mobile AV7 Canon, and Lego Landspeeder (both put away as from Santa) and then picked up a Luke Hasbro Ultimate FX lightsabre from Tescos for my youngest's birthday present.....now he and his brother can battle together. Just leaves me needing one now!!!

Reaction score
Got the landspeeder from StarActionFigures over the weekend. First new Star Wars product for ages - and very nice it is too. Nice vintage box and the landspeeder itself looks very good - so can finally retire my POTF2 one.

Looks like I will fail to get a prototype fett through the promotion as there is literally nothing I want or need to buy from TRU given the poor distribution and selection available this year :(

Reaction score
Take some photos of the damage and send them in with a claim form and a printout of your order (showing the value of the item) to the postoffice. They will pay you the cost of a replacement item.
Except they'll do everything they can to avoid paying you the full amount of your claim. Royal Mail is not your friend.

Reaction score
You need to send the actual damaged item to Royal Mail, photos do not suffice.

I had an item that was crushed in the post, got the customer to email me photos of it, forwarded them to Royal Mail with a claim form and about 6 weeks later they sent a letter apologising for the damage/inconvenience and for my troubles they gave me a pack of 6 1st class stamps! To be fully compensated you need to send them the item - it states this on the back of the claim form.

Royal Mail is not your friend? They are the most inept company to ever grace the earth - sent an item out last week... it arrived with me two days later!?! It baffles me how it takes them up to 10 days to deliver 1st class items!?!

Reaction score
Found a Gammy at TRU Sheffield just now - that's something I NEVER thought I would say. And it was unpunched as well! Just laid on top of some vehicle boxes underneath the main row of pegs. They had about 4 Wedge's on the pegs as well, but I left him as I already have one - but just the one Gammy though. As the rest of that wave were all there in healthy supply, I wonder if someone out back is nabbing the pigs before they make it to the pegs and that's how come there was only one amongst at least 4 cartons of that wave???

That said, I now have 3 Gammy's and am starting to build a bit of an army of those pigs! Yeah!

Also, saw the Transformers I mentioned earlier in the thread - they are now out on pegs at £5.99 each. Seem to be only 3 figures though - two Anakin (one as a starfighter and one as a Y Wing) and an Obi Wan as a Jedi Starfighter. I might have indulged if they had done a Slave 1 or a Tie or something decent in this wave. Is there visibility of future waves online anywhere?

Reaction score
You need to send the actual damaged item to Royal Mail, photos do not suffice.

I had an item that was crushed in the post, got the customer to email me photos of it, forwarded them to Royal Mail with a claim form and about 6 weeks later they sent a letter apologising for the damage/inconvenience and for my troubles they gave me a pack of 6 1st class stamps! To be fully compensated you need to send them the item - it states this on the back of the claim form.

Royal Mail is not your friend? They are the most inept company to ever grace the earth - sent an item out last week... it arrived with me two days later!?! It baffles me how it takes them up to 10 days to deliver 1st class items!?!
Last year I ordered some posters from an ebay seller. Tube arrived crushed and posters were damaged. I took photos of the damage, printed off the ebay details, printed off the claim form, sent them in. Got cheque from royal mail for the value of replacement items. Ordered new posters. Sorted. Although it looks like your mileage may vary. :)

Last edited: