UK Findings and Buyings Thread - Part Twenty-Four

Reaction score
(Previous part can be found here.

With Vintage now starting to show up at mass retail, various TRU exclusives starting to show up and the release of the saga on Blu-Ray this coming week, it seems like there's never been a better time to be a Star Wars fan (well, disregarding Hasbro UK's incompetence, of course...)

What have you been buying lately, then?

Reaction score
Sithlord they still had Delta Squad / Force Unleashed sets at TRU Medway in Kent if that's any help..i haven't been able to get there this weekend to check but they had plenty of them when i was there on Friday.

Reaction score
The_Doctor said:

With Vintage now starting to show up at mass retail, various TRU exclusives starting to show up and the release of the saga on Blu-Ray this coming week, it seems like there's never been a better time to be a Star Wars fan (well, disregarding Hasbro UK's incompetence, of course...)
I appreciate your optimism. But I nearly spat my coffee out at that!

Reaction score
It was supposed to be a bit 'tounge in cheek' :')
TRU Lincoln had jack squat, no Saga Legends, no Republic Commando/Force Unleashed packs. Urgh! Gonne ring up Scunthorpe to see if they've got them (and hope for a blessing, as it's highly unlikely). *sigh*

Reaction score
Idpullthecurtain said:
The_Doctor said:

I appreciate your optimism. But I nearly spat my coffee out at that!
As did I!

Had to make a trip into Harlow Town Centre this morning, came away with SW Robot Chicken 1 and 3 (couldnt get 2).

Reaction score
sorry missed the croydon post
im in hampshire and no sign of the delta squad at all

lots of yavin trolleys and enough y wings to sink a star destroyer

Reaction score
Same at TRU Scunthorpe.

Decided that, if/when these go online, I'll just buy both sets to claim the free delivery. Be a lot easier than trailing around half the UK trying to find them...

Reaction score
Tru oxford has force unleashed but no delta squad, the special ops trooper has arrived en masse. Anyone seen the first set of.the battle of Endor packs oxford only has about 30 of set 2. No new vintage although staff are hoping for some, latest wave of CW and new saga legends. Birthday soon, good job Boswells have wave 6 just in

Reaction score
I'm really surprised that this boxset has not dropped in price, or at least been a "price war" like they do with computer games (COD ect)

I cancelled mine. Will wait till xmas time when it's in the sales.

Reaction score
Picked up the R2-D2/C-3PO arena set from TK Maxx in Colliers Wood (SW London) yesterday. They still had the Shaak-Ti and Anakin sets when I left. Just got the Blu-Ray box set fromm HMV in Oxford Circus. Looking forward to watching when I get home. Not that keen on the painting on the front to be honest as (i) it's not that great in my (albeit uneducated from a art perspective) opinion and; (ii) not that reflective of the films as a whole (the Naboo painting inside the booklet could be for the follow up to Pride and Prejudice).

Those of you in SW London may be interested to hear that Toys R Us is opening up in Colliers Wood sometime in October. At least that's not quite as far to go as Croydon for the odd fruitless journey.

Reaction score
The Boba Fett cartoon?

It's on the disc of documentaries/deleted scenes etc for the original trilogy.

I just just hit play all - its about 2hours 40 mins in, Chapter 193

Reaction score
I bought some crazy old stuff that I previously passed on eBay, given the lack of new product and it's my birthday tomorrow!

Got some vintage AT-AT side guns to put on the BAT-AT to replace those ugly missile-firing POS's. Bought a POTF2 Final Duel cinema scene for the Emperor's throne now that there is a figure of him that is articulated enough to sit down! And a TAC R2-B1 (with pale grey dome) to display with R2-MK. They are both close enough to actual on-screen hangar droids in ROTS.

Reaction score
To get it With less fuss >> bonus disc 2 lando art >> Empire >> page 2 >> persued by the imperial fleet >> the collection >> Boba armour. >> video.

Reaction score
agh57 said:
Picked up the R2-D2/C-3PO arena set from TK Maxx in Colliers Wood (SW London) yesterday. They still had the Shaak-Ti and Anakin sets when I left. Just got the Blu-Ray box set fromm HMV in Oxford Circus. Looking forward to watching when I get home. Not that keen on the painting on the front to be honest as (i) it's not that great in my (albeit uneducated from a art perspective) opinion and; (ii) not that reflective of the films as a whole (the Naboo painting inside the booklet could be for the follow up to Pride and Prejudice).

Those of you in SW London may be interested to hear that Toys R Us is opening up in Colliers Wood sometime in October. At least that's not quite as far to go as Croydon for the odd fruitless journey.

Chelmsford is also going to be getting a TRU, apparently, where Bennetts used to be.

Reaction score
Just bit the bullet and did my first overseas online order..managed to snag the Legacy Collection Jabbas Throne and Oola set for what equates to £33 delivered from Brian's Toys
- it was on offer and iv'e been looking for ages for this at a reasonable price, this is as much as i wanted to pay for it, every where in the UK seemed to have it at £49.99, way over my budget...are Brians Toys pretty good?

Reaction score
Usually they are well expensive.
As a business seller you should also be wary of the value they put on the customs label. You may find yourself paying 20% import duty + the £8 Royal Mail Anal-Raping Fee

Reaction score
Look on the bright side! You may come out of it having saved £1!

Couriers will ALWAYS get you on the customs - sometimes Royal Mail will let them slip through by mistake if you are lucky. Don't know what Brian's Toys uses.

Seriously - personal ebay sellers or RS classifieds are the best way to go
USPS shipping rates have gone up absolutely loads in the last year and it is often better and faster from the Far East. You are also safe with a refund if you use ebay and something gets lost or fails to arrive after 1 month - this happened to me just last week.

Reaction score
Walked into town today - Chelmsford Entertainer had sold Lando and Luke and AT-RT driver at £10, hope I don't regret passing on them last week - want to see if Asda have them.

My brother was looking at Clone Wars stuff (which we already had), completely oblivious to the Saga Legend Spacetrooper there haha. So we picked that up - £8. Not bad, wasn't sure how/if I'd see it- was tempted by it in Toyz and Gamez when it was £12. But glad I didn't have to break the £10 limit.

Then went to HMV and used an HMV gift card which I'd got for my birthday to get The Making Of The Empire Strikes Back - great looking book, not a bad price either

Reaction score
I suppose a pound saving is better than nothing!!
Oh well, I'll know better next time, it all looked very appealing..i'll still be chuffed to have it, it's been on my list since it came out..but thanks for the reality check anyway!

As an aside, nothing new in TRU Tunbridge Wells, no Force Unleashed/ Delta Squad packs, but i noticed they still had some Rebel Tech Carts among the Geonosian Speeders...

Reaction score
Just checked the tracking on a parcel I'm waiting on and yes the post are having my trousers down and greasing me uP.
So probably a 8 tax payment and a 10 for the privillage !

Reaction score
Just listed (at eBay store) over 100 loose figures from POTF, POTJ, Episode I, Saga 2002 & ROTS - three for a tenner, some bargains to be had there!

Reaction score
toys-uk in Hemel Hempstead and Aylesbury have Vintage Wave 6 in stock. Saw all figures, apart from AT-RT driver.

Finally picked up the Rebel Commando - £8.99, so a bit more than Asda, but less than other reported shops like The Entertainer.

It's a 16-mile drive to my nearest Asda, so I figured I'd spend more than the difference in petrol, and there'd be no guarantee I'd find any in Asda anyway!

And on a side note, my "proper"-Vintage Romba arrived from ebay
£15 and in beatiful condition, no spear though. Have decided to bite the bullet and finally finish off my Kenner collection.

Reaction score
TK Maxx in Ballymena had five of the Arena sets today so I grabbed the three I didn't have.

I'm glad to get them but wouldn't you know that the one set I really wanted is the one they didn't have, namely the C-3PO set.

My local TK Maxx still has not had these in. Arrgg.

Just seen the news on the main rebelscum page that the forums will be down for a day or two.

Reaction score
Just got an email from EE to say Wave 9 has shipped yeah! Not sure what happened to Wave 8 tho!?! Anyways the test site went to the bank today for them to sign off on the merchants agreement so fingers crossed everything will be ok and site will be open for business next week!

Reaction score
My local Asda (Fareham) has a really good selection of Vintage on the shelf, all the figures from wave 6.

TRU (Pompey) have the latest Saga Legends including the Spacetrooper, plenty of Rebel Carts, the Force Unleashed and Republic Commando battle packs, plus the smaller battle packs like Defend Kamino. Y-Wings too, not much in the way of Vintage or latest CW, and strangely the one thing they still haven't got is the TRU exclusive Special Ops Trooper... maybe because the previous three single-carded TRU exclusives are still clogging the shelves big-time!

Reaction score
got my bill from parcel force- 24 quid!!! including the raping charge

still cheap for my medicom stormtrooper but not the bargain it was sob

Reaction score
not sure about this new forum! may take a while to get used too!
What I would like to know is how to have the thread lists in a section appear with the latest updated thread at the top of the list. By default it's an alphabetical list and I have to click the date header twice to get it in date descending order. I tried the FAQ but could only find out how to reorder posts within a thread.