UK CONVENTIONS

Reaction score
Dom said:
Im getting to the KS signing at 2 mate, have a Mallrats poster and a Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back one. Jason Mewes is doing NEC on 21st November so will get him to sign both and Shannon Doherty is doing CM on 28th so will get her to do Mallrats.
Bloody hell, 2! Looks like I'll be heading into London earlier than I thought in that case.

Reaction score
Dom said:
Im a bit of a con junkey so if you are ever want info let me know

Im getting to the KS signing at 2 mate, have a Mallrats poster and a Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back one. Jason Mewes is doing NEC on 21st November so will get him to sign both and Shannon Doherty is doing CM on 28th so will get her to do Mallrats.
Im going to London to get Doherty she never signs...

Got mewes at last UK App.... and have Kevin, Walt Johnson Jason Lee and many others in my Mallrats scriptbook !

Dom

Reaction score
karnorjax said:
Dom said:
Im a bit of a con junkey so if you are ever want info let me know

Im going to London to get Doherty she never signs...

Got mewes at last UK App.... and have Kevin, Walt Johnson Jason Lee and many others in my Mallrats scriptbook !
Thats cool man. I have a bit of hope that Jason Lee would do a con one day.

Reaction score
Jason was in the UK over the summer actually but on Holiday with family after earl stopped shooting... a mate met him in the local little chef.. !! how odd

Reaction score
Booked my tickets for Collectormania in November, I have a question re the Dealers , do the majority take Credit Cards or will I need to take a shedload of cash with me? If so are there Cashpoints nearby?

Reaction score
btoTHeg said:
Booked my tickets for Collectormania in November, I have a question re the Dealers , do the majority take Credit Cards or will I need to take a shedload of cash with me? If so are there Cashpoints nearby?
A few take CCs but a lot are also weekend warriors.. Ie have proper jobs and do shows as a hobby.

So take all ya budget in cash that you have or you may not get that bargain you want when you see it.

Also as a retailer myself I dont take credit cards as its cuts into the profits and Ive a cash point two doors down on a natwest !

So if you find a dealer who takes CCs you may not get as good a deal on what you want as they have to factor in CC charges... cold hard cash will get you the best deal always !

Dom

Reaction score
btoTHeg said:
Take cash mate, big rolls of it. The line for the cash points is usually insane.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info again guys, I shall pack plenty of cash
Although I'm sure the Senate and I will have differing budgets in mind

Dom

Reaction score
btoTHeg said:
Thanks for the info again guys, I shall pack plenty of cash
Although I'm sure the Senate and I will have differing budgets in mind
Yeah that happens. If bringing partners I recommend meeting other forum dwellers and parking the WAGS collectively somewhere.

Reaction score
Is anyone going to the convention in Norwich? I can help you out at Fan Days.

Reaction score
sucho23 said:
Is anyone going to the convention in Norwich? I can help you out at Fan Days.
That the one on the 1st november at uea? if so, i'm planning on going with my brother and hopefully a friend if he can make it down from leicester for the weekend. hopefully itll be good fun
-do u think ill need to buy tickets in advance?

Reaction score
London Collectormania - Irvine Kirshner has cancelled..

he and Shannon Doherty were the only reasons I wanted to go.

Reaction score
karnorjax said:

I wanted him to sign my Empire poster and was one of the main reasons I was going as well

Got my early bird tickets yesterday, they were printed on normal photo paper, is that right? as on the accompanying paperwork it says the ticket is in 2 halves.

Still looking forward to going just to see what MR / GG / eFX goodies I can get my mitts on

Reaction score
I was going after Irv as well, and with Prowse cancelling too, i'm no longer going to bother (unless a major guest is announced)

Prowse will be out of action for 4-6 months, so i'll have to get him on some mult signed images when he is back up and walking.

Reaction score
He's not "ill", more of a case of bit frail to be travelling overseas at the minute. The rumour started because Showmasters said if you want to meet in person, this would be the last time to do it. Then, when he cancel's, they say that they hope to get him again soon!

He is doing a send in signing with Coolwaters before Xmas, so i may have to send off my pics and get he then. Although the price per auto, plus the high shipping cost used by Coolwaters back to the UK, may put me off a bit.

Reaction score
CHRISTMAS SCI-FI COLLECTORS FAIR

SUN 13th DECEMBER

THE NEWPORT CENTRE
25-26 COMMERCIAL STREET
NEWPORT
NP20 1YD
(5 minutes from the bus and train stations)

Confirmed guests (more to be added soon) :-

JEREMY BULLOCH (Boba Fett)

FEMI TAYLOR (Oola)

THE R2D2 ROBOT

THE UK GARRISON in full Star Wars costumes.
(Meet Darth Vader and his Stormtroopers!)

PLUS

Thousands of TOYS, SCI-FI, FILM & TV RELATED ITEMS from some of the best
dealers in the UK today!!!

TIMES : 11.00 - 3.00

ADMISSION : £3.00 (UNDER 12s £1.00 / UNDER 9s FREE)
FREE ENTRY TO ANYONE IN COSTUME!!!
(Tickets are not available in advance - just pay on the day.)

more details up soon at - http://www.fantasyevents.org/index1.html

Reaction score
Anyone going to Collectormania and Memorabilia this coming up month that could help with two posters?

Reaction score
karnorjax said:

SUN 13th DECEMBER

THE NEWPORT CENTRE
25-26 COMMERCIAL STREET
NEWPORT
NP20 1YD

FEMI TAYLOR (Oola)

THE R2D2 ROBOT

PLUS

Anyone going to this?

Reaction score
Went to the Sci-Fi Convention in Norwich today, really enjoyed looking at all the merchandise on display!
Dave Prowse was there which was great! (I thought he had pulled out) - also fantastic to see Jeremy Bulloch, Kenny Baker and Rusty Goffe, but the lines were actually quite big for all three, so didn't get a chance to speak to any of them. Dave Holland was also quite funny - he saw my brother and I looking at the poster of him in front of Han Solo, and he gave us a big grin and thumbs up.

Great to see all the merchandise on display (I dont go to many conventions, so love seeing all the stuff laid out from time to time - its great fun just browsing!) - picked up a few items that Im pleased with: the Potf2 Vader w removable helmet (carded), the Legacy 41st legion grey trooper (carded), Dr Evazan (loose), Oola (loose), Queen Amidala (theed invasion, loose) and a Mas Amedda (loose - didnt think I had it, but it might just be the ROTS one with a different cloak, which made it look different :S)

Hopefully Ill be able to go to Collectormania later this month

Reaction score
karnorjax said:
Abstractharmony said:
I am .. Ive booked 2 tables as im a dealer and these are always good shows. im sure Blowtorchscortch from the forums will come along too.

PAUL BLAKE - GREEDO has also just confirmed as a guest.
It's a little bit out of the way - that's my only problem at the moment. Might have to spend the night in Newport to save 7 hours travelling in one day.

Reaction score
threedarths said:
Whose heading to Memorabilia in just two weeks time ?

Nick
Well me and me peeps will be making our twice yearly trek to the West Midlands ...two young children in tow nowadays (neither of which are mine, I'm happy to say!)

Does anyone know John the Hat? He's from the South East area, big bloke (with a hat!) who sometimes has a stand at Memorabilia (and Cheshunt) and sells trading cards and the like. Is he still going?

A mate of mine, usually buys a bunch of cards from him but he wasn't about last Memorabilia, wondered if anyone knew him or knew if he's alright?

Dom

Reaction score
threedarths said:

Nick
Will be there on Sunday, hope I don`t miss everything

Reaction score
threedarths said:

Nick
Me n dad will more than likely go, since its just about 5 minutes away from my house, i may as well do the annual trip

Reaction score
karnorjax said:

It was a shame Kirshner pulled out, I was looking forwards to meeting him.
Looks like Billy Dee Williams, Gary Kurtz and also the gorgeous Bella Emberg
are booked in though.

I'm going

- Graham

Reaction score
Here is the Block number and table numbers that I will be at, for the forthcoming Memorabilia show

Block C5 which is at the rear of the hall just by the door marked VE9.4

Tables 5,6 and 7 which is the whole of the end cap of that row

Nick

Reaction score
How much do these gueste charge :

G Roubichek
Blackman
Shelley
d'Abo
Schell
Razor
Mill $ Man Ted diB
Pileggi aka Skinner
Henriksen

Thanks for lmk.

Reaction score
collectstuff said:
How much do these gueste charge :

G Roubichek
Blackman
Shelley
d'Abo
Schell
Razor
Mill $ Man Ted diB
Pileggi aka Skinner
Henriksen

Thanks for lmk.
I'd budget £15-£20.00 per guest.

Dom

Reaction score
Yeah thats about right I think they are more £15 type guests. It should be on the Mem website

ODB

Reaction score
Lee_Bullock said:
Mary Poppins will be pleased!!!
So long as you bring the magic bag again.

Mr Tree also kindly offered to let me share a room with you but alas schedules conflicted.

Reaction score
Just a quick reminder to all.. and Free gift with any purchase from scum forumites at the Automattic Comics stand

SUN 13th DECEMBER

THE NEWPORT CENTRE
25-26 COMMERCIAL STREET
NEWPORT
NP20 1YD

FEMI TAYLOR (Oola)

PAUL BLAKE (Greedo)

THE R2D2 ROBOT

PLUS

Reaction score
OK not a convention but an event...

SW in concert back in the UK
http://www.o2blueroom.co.uk/events/Star-Wars-in-Concert/5370

Star Wars in Concert. Live at The O2. Four times in two days.

PRIORITY TICKET ALERT

Star Wars

O2 Priority Tickets are available from 9:30AM Friday 11 December 2009 to 9:30AM Saturday 12 December 2009 or until tickets sell out.

Visit blueroom now for details
Terms apply

03, 04 April 10

With four performances in two days, Star Wars in Concert features music from all six soundtracks. Played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and a hand picked choir.

Footage from the movies will fill a 30-foot high HD super-screen. With C-P3O actor Anthony Daniels narrating.

There'll be an exclusive exhibition too with loads of Star Wars goodies on show.

And if you're with O2, you can get Priority Tickets before they go on general release. Get yours before they get snapped up.

Reaction score
karnorjax said:
OK not a convention but an event...

SW in concert back in the UK
http://www.o2blueroom.co.uk/events/Star-Wars-in-Concert/5370

Star Wars in Concert. Live at The O2. Four times in two days.

PRIORITY TICKET ALERT

Star Wars

O2 Priority Tickets are available from 9:30AM Friday 11 December 2009 to 9:30AM Saturday 12 December 2009 or until tickets sell out.

Visit blueroom now for details
Terms apply

03, 04 April 10

With four performances in two days, Star Wars in Concert features music from all six soundtracks. Played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and a hand picked choir.

Footage from the movies will fill a 30-foot high HD super-screen. With C-P3O actor Anthony Daniels narrating.

There'll be an exclusive exhibition too with loads of Star Wars goodies on show.

And if you're with O2, you can get Priority Tickets before they go on general release. Get yours before they get snapped up.
Awesome news, I have since found out there is a full tour of the UK, great news.