UK CONVENTIONS

Reaction score
Any good UK conventions coming up guys ?

(Edited for spelling. José)

Reaction score
Re: UK CONVENTINS

There is Memorabilia coming up on the 22nd & 23rd of Novemeber at the NEC in Birmingham.

Expo at the Excel centre London on the 25th & 26th of October.

They are about the biggest ones coming up. Others include Collectormania at the MK Centre Milton Keynes, but that is on this weekend..

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

This might be a good thread to post upcoming convention dates in and get made sticky for everyone to see.

Jeremy

Reaction score

You also have the following dates as well:-

18th October 2008 - Brentwwod Toy Fair - Never know what can turn up at this event.

1st and 2nd November 2008 - Collectormania Midlands at the Ricoh Arena (Coventry City's Football Stadium)

15th and 16th November 2008 - Movie Mania taking place at The National Space Centre in Leicester

16th November 2008 - Fantasy Events run Scifi show at Grundy Park Leisure Centre, Windmill Lane, Cheshunt, Herts

November 22nd and November 23rd - Memorabilia at the NEC.

December 16th 2008 - DJ Fairs run Toy Fair at the NEC

Hope that this helps

Nick

Reaction score
Good idea.

This is now a sticky thread for everyone to announce new Star Wars-related convention dates & places in the UK, as they're made public.

And for this sole purpose only, please.

Reaction score
Is Cheshunt on this weekend? The official website is blank with no guests listed and no open forum for the occasion? Not going all that way for nothing...

Reaction score
Shepton Mallet toyfair is on this weekend... I will be there with new battlepacks and clone wars wave 3, legacy 3+4, previews eclipt evader ties, and soe wizkids SW prodcut on clearange and much much more SW stuff so will a good few other dealers

DJR

Reaction score
Saturday 6th Dec/tomorrow!

Maidstone Vintage Toy Fair
Lockmeadow Hall (behind cinema/Maidstone West railway),
Maidstone,
Kent

doors 9:30am til 3pm

will have a bunch of vintage SW, SW protos, vintage Indy, vintage MOTU, Pixar diecast Cars... and even a guitar or two with me!

Reaction score
Cardiff Xmas show Sunday 14th Dec

BARCELO CARDIFF ANGEL HOTEL. Westgate Street, Cardiff.

$ Star wars guests and loadsa dealers.

I have booked a coupla tables and will have loadsa new stuff on offer inc the NEW Rancor with Luke hopefuly !

and loadsa 3 for £10 SW figs POTF2 up to TAC.. !

http://www.fantasyevents.org/annualcardiffchristmas.html

Any Fellow scummer who comes to my table and says... "Freeze you rebelscum" to me.. will get a FREE pack of star wars Clone wars pocket models (RRP £3)!!

Reaction score
karnorjax said:
Any Fellow scummer who comes to my table and says... "Freeze you rebelscum" to me.. will get a FREE pack of star wars Clone wars pocket models (RRP £3)!!
Cool, I'll be saying that all day then

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And if you come to my stall on Saturday and say "Freeze You Rebel Scum" I'll give you one of Dave's action figures

Jeremy

Reaction score
Not sure what to do this Sunday?

Come to Cheshunt Toy Fair in North London.

Here's the blurb:

Thousands of Toys, Comics, SCI-FI Film and TV related items from some of the best dealers in the UK today!

JANUARY 18th
Wolsey Hall.
Windmill Lane,
Cheshunt.
EN8 9AA.

Admission from 11am Closing at 3pm : Admission : £1.50 (under 9s free)

Reaction score
Will the downturn and the horrendous misjudgements by ebay recently result in the return of the toy fair to promenance? I will be interested to see what happens ths year-I can't see people being able to sit on stock like they have in the past-may see some decent bartering going on finally!

Reaction score
MCM Midlands Expo taking place this Saturday 21st February 2009 at the Telford International Centre, Telford.

I know that Dave Tree and myself will be attending with our usual stalls full of goodies

Kenny Baker is due to be attending.

GENERAL OPENING
Saturday:11am to 5pm
(Last ticket sale 4pm)

EARLY ENTRY OPENING
Saturday: 9.30am to 5pm
(Last ticket sale 10.55am)

GENERAL ENTRY PRICES
Adult Ticket: £5 (15 years old & above)
Child Ticket: £3 (11 to 14 years old)
Kids Go Free: (10 years old and below)
*Children (10 years old & below) gain Free Entry if accompanied by a full paying adult (restricted to 2 children per full paying adult) The 'Kids Go Free' offer only applies to 'General Entry' tickets.

See http://www.midlandsmcmexpo.com for further details

Reaction score
Are there any convention coming up in the South West/Midlands area over the next few months. Never been to one and think it is about time i started.

Thanks

Steve

Reaction score
None that I can think of in the south west as I have a table at most.. only one is bristol comicon... ad not a lot of SW there ...

Im having a SW day @ my store may 2nd thou ! got some troopers down for the day with hopefuly a vader fett an shock trooper as well!

Reaction score
Heroes and Villains 4 will be taking place in Swansea in May, but I can't remember the exact date. Some guests have been confirmed for it already.

Reaction score
Los_Gringo_Loco said:
Heroes and Villains 4 will be taking place in Swansea in May, but I can't remember the exact date. Some guests have been confirmed for it already.
Hi,

is there a website for this event?

Thanks

Luke

Reaction score
Also, should mention that on the weekend of 18th and 19th April Collectormania/Autographica is being held at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham. Kenny Baker and Dave Prowse have been announced - may be a few more background guys too. Always lots of stalls at CM as well. Free entry after 1PM to one event if you have paid to get into the other in the morning as well.

Reaction score
stevemac1976 said:
Are there any convention coming up in the South West/Midlands area over the next few months. Never been to one and think it is about time i started.

Thanks

Steve
Yeah, in the midlands you have Memorabilia this weekend at the NEC

Reaction score
As far as I know there isn't a website for the Heroes and Villains event and I'll definitely post the date when I know it for sure. Should be seeing the promoter tonight so will hopefully have more details soon.

Reaction score
A new event has been announced for 28th/29th August in Newcastle - "Who Wars" - it's a two day event, entry is £5 per day - the idea I think is that one day will be Dr. Who centric and the other Star Wars. It's being held at the Premier Travel Inn in Newcastle City Centre and confimed Star Wars guests so far are Jeremy Bulloch, Kenny Baker and Dave Prowse. It's a Tenth Planet/Showmasters venture.

Reaction score
I shall be there for the whole weekend with a host a nice goodies too.

Clone Wars Wave 4
TLC A New Hope Wave
Entertainment Earth Joker Squad Packs

And a whole host of other goodies too !!

Nick

Reaction score
What kind of price on the ANH wave? And do you have plenty of Han/Luke Stormtrooper?

Reaction score
Corsham Star Wars Day.. Corsham Library and Automattic Comics May 2nd

Corsham is in north wilts 15 mins from the M4 between Bath and Swindon.

Big meeting of local costumers we hope to have 10-12 in full gear.

The new trailer is now finished and oh my god its an amazing video you ALL have to watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6gORpwLLJk

Watch previous events vids by searching for Corsham + Star wars on youtube.

So the event is coming together nicely now.

Free comics to all who come in costume and there will be a fancy dress parade at the library.. I know of a good few adults comin in fancy dress too.. so dont be shy come along and have fun !

There's plenty of kids events going on the library all day as well like character searches, interactive storytelling a quiz plus more and all events are FREE !!!

There is also a facebook events page if you want to join...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=75166401852

Reaction score
The Harvey Centre Shopping Centre along with 3 Darths Comics and Collectables will be hosting the following event over the weekend of 2nd May 2009 through to and including Monday May 4th

The Harvey Centre along with 3 Darths Comics & Collectables proudly presents a weekend of events to celebrate everything in films, Sci-fi and Comics at the Harvey Centre on Saturday 2nd May to Monday 4th May 2009 (May the Fourth be with you all)!

Events include:

SPECIAL GUESTS:

'Boba Fett' actor Jeremy Bulloch who will be signing autographs on Saturday and Monday *

'The Cat' from 'Red Dwarf' actor, Danny John Jules will be appearing on Saturday

Kiran Shah from Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, Lord of the Rings and Return of the Jedi will be appearing all three days

Barrie Holland - Lt Renz from Return of the Jedi will be appearing all three days

Laurie Goode - Saurin from Star Wars A New Hope will be appearing on Saturday

To mark International Free Comic Day (Saturday 2nd May) come along and collect your free comic (while stocks last)

Meet & have your photo taken with a variety of sci-fi characters including Darth Vader and his Storm Troopers provided by the 501st UK Garrison, who will be collecting donations throughout the event for their nominated charity the NSPCC. To mark International Comic Book Day on the Saturday Batman and the Joker will be appearing.

Marquee Models and Sports & Screen Legends will also be helping to celebrate this event, so don't forget to pop along to see them!

* Actors will be charging for autographs throughout the weekend

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Where on Earth is Harvey, Nick?

Jeremy

Reaction score
I'm popping up to support the show and hope a fair few other scummers will too

Shows are on the decline in the UK, part through a sign of the economic times, but more so through lack of support of people attending.

Everyone moans that the usual events are getting worse, so everyone needs to support new events to help them grow and come back for second rounds etc.

Help break the deadlock and see you there (and if you can't make it there, go to Matt's event too, either way both are free, so support your independants
)

Dave.

Lez

Reaction score
Collectormania - The MK Dons Stadium: Milton Keynes - 5th-7th June

I see on the Web site they have the following guests attending:

Lenonard Nimoy
Avery Brooks
John Delancie

Plus other non SW related guests (not many listed at the moment considering it's just over a month away).

Always wanted to get Spocks autograph

With the change in location I hear there may not be as many stalls attending, are many people from here attending?