Ugliest item ever? remember this?

Reaction score
There have been a lot of figures that have been considered "ugly". And I can agree on some.

1.) R2-D2 (Droid Factory) - this figure was worse than a Happy Meal toy!
2.) Monkey Face Leia - Enough said
3.) Rabe (Queen's Chambers) - What happened!? Looks like Frida Kahlo
4.) Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel) - Looks like a mix between the hunchback and Mr. Hyde.
5.) AOTC Deluxe Anakin Skywalker & Geonosian Warrior - BLEH!
6.) All Chrome, comic, and lava painted figures.
7.) ROTS Yoda (spinning Action) - Another Happy meal toy...

Reaction score
This thread made me laugh, and that coin looks ridiculous. I call that pure laziness.

I think the worst figure as far as looks goes is definitely "monkey Leia". Ugh, you just have to wonder what they were thinking with this one! I mean I could see kids wanting to get beefed up version of Luke, Han, or other figures, but why in the world would anyone want a buff Leia with a monkey face? I've never been able to buy it... it just looks so terrible. I feel sorry for her though. Poor monkey Leia. ):

Reaction score
Turbowars said:
The Lava Darth Vader from Target is the worst figure from the ROTS line. That doesn't mean much since the rest of the ROTS line was BAD.
I politely disagree that the rest of the line wad BAD-this line gave us the BEST ASTROMECH SCULPT EVER-The R4-G9 preview figure.

This humble awesome figure gave us TWENTY One Awesome Astromechs
20 different Astromechs
1 awesome Astromech

I for one can live with the backwards middle foot.

And I think that the only good bits from the VC BaR2-D2 are the dome chroming/drink carrier & drink dispenser-the rest of it just suckz.
Spencer?:>}

Reaction score
Any screaming Mace Windu. It seemed that all they were producing during the prequels were Mace's with his mouth open and screaming. Which never really happened.

Reaction score
^ Well, he did scream after he got his arm cut off by Anakin shortly before being struck by Sidious' Sith Lightning.

Perhaps they had a vision of the future when making the SAGA Slashing Attack version?

Reaction score
While I agree that the "monkey-faced Leia" is a very unattractive figure, I still like this toy since it brings back memories of the return of SW figures in '95 - and, the plastic uniform is kind of cool, in a way; the figure has a kind of charm that's hard to explain (to make an analogy, consider why people like bulldogs with pug faces even though they are traditionally considered unattractive). Also, to those who remember, this Leia was quite tough to find in retail stores even long after it came out. So, obviously at one time people wanted this despite it's "ugliness"

Also, I wanted to add that IMHO this '95 Leia is not the ugliest or worst-made SW figure ever. I think that esteemed title goes to the pictured Qui-gon figure on this thread (extremely poor sculpt). The POFT2 Luke X-wing pilot is another example of an execrable figure - too short, bad face sculpt, etc. Another terrible figure that could take this title was one of the "Deluxe" 12" (I think) figures of Qui-gon that had a screaming face - definitely an horrible sculpt, and nowhere in the film was the character depicted yelling/screaming, so this made it that much worse.

Re: the "SW" coin that's pictured on this thread, I also question whether that's actually a SW-related coin - it doesn't look like it. If it is, it's definitely got the look of a cheap knock-off.