U-Wing

Reaction score
Leave it to Hasbro to turn a multi-passenger transport into what looks like a single seater, and more nerf guns. I can't wait until the "year of the nerf" comes to an end.

Reaction score
Really bummed that a two-pilot troop transport/lander has been turned into a (nerf launching) single pilot fighter.

That said, the sculpt itself looks pretty good. The TFA vehicles disappointed me so much that I see a lot that I can work with here.

Reaction score
Lol you guys know those wings are gonna be pure rubber and sag on day 1 right? I don't think Hasbro will raise the bar just because of a few dodgy X-Wings and TIEs...

Reaction score
Like others have said, the sculpt looks great, I love the design......but the scale.....and the Nerf......sigh..........

Reaction score
Certainly a pick up when it enevitably gets clearanced. $20-25 sure. 50? No way.

Reaction score
Looks pretty cool, but I will likely wait until after I see the movie before I decide if I want to buy it or not. I'm thinking most likely not. If it functioned as a troop transporter and did not have the Nerf feature, I might feel differently.

Reaction score
Another 3.75" vehicle in Action Fleet scale. Why not just us some give inch tall figures to go with it?

Reaction score
It's the only way I get my Republic Attack Shuttle to work. I have a couple of Galoob AT-AT drivers propped up in there. They are either just right or slightly on the small side, but they look damn fine to me compared to a 20 foot giant clone pilot head filling the canopy.

Reaction score
With this U-wing I would use an Action Fleet Lt Ripley Aliens figure as Jin Erso and probably some random rebel or marine figure as Cassian Andor. Just sit them in there on some polystyrene or what have you. Instant studio model.. lol

Reaction score
Reminds me of the fighter from Buck rogers except for the engines on the sides of the ship. Looks cool as a fighter but yeah for 50 bones it should have been a lot bigger. Two figures in the cockpit and maybe room for 4 in the back.

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Rogue One merchandise looks even cheaper than what was produced for The Force Awakens. I truly have to wonder if Hasbro is intentionally trying to sabotage the line.

Reaction score
Has the Hasbro designed team been commandeered but the folks who used to make the KO Mexican knock offs? The looks like the same cheap X wing plastic.

Reaction score
This would be 25 dollars in 2012 with better paint apps. Fifty dollars is too high of a price but if they make this ship into lego form later on, i will buy it.

Reaction score
You can really see why they didn't show this at comic con. Didn't want to deal with the criticism.

Reaction score
I'm curious to see the underside of the ship, to find out whether or not Hasbro will make any attempt to at least acknowledge the ship's troop carrying capabilities.

Reaction score
This would be 25 dollars in 2012 with better paint apps. Fifty dollars is too high of a price but if they make this ship into lego form later on, i will buy it.
The Lego version is coming day one. (and doesn't look too much smaller than this one...)

Reaction score
I must have missed it in the migration of threads but where did the pic come from and where is everyone hearing $50?

Reaction score
Reminds me of the fighter from Buck rogers except for the engines on the sides of the ship. Looks cool as a fighter but yeah for 50 bones it should have been a lot bigger. Two figures in the cockpit and maybe room for 4 in the back.
Fun Fact is Ralph Macquarrie actually designed the Buck Rogers starfighter, but it was meant originally for Battlestar Galactica, until they went with the Colonial Viper design.

Reaction score
Whoa! :D I also am behind the eight-ball, in seeing these pics!!!

Hasbro better make the wings movable (ie: going from landing configuration, to in flight mode)

Reaction score
So Jyn and Andor are clearly seen in the trailer sitting side by side while piloting this ship, later troops are seen disembarking from it. What do we get? NERF :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Why does Hasbro think that merging Star Wars toys with Nerf is a good idea? They may as well start replacing the figures with Weeble Wobbles.

Reaction score
Leave it to Hasbro to turn a multi-passenger transport into what looks like a single seater, and more nerf guns. I can't wait until the "year of the nerf" comes to an end.
My thoughts exactly. Epic fail here. They should have made this the big ship for the line and given us the Rebel equivalent to the Republic Gunship.

Why does Hasbro think that merging Star Wars toys with Nerf is a good idea? They may as well start replacing the figures with Weeble Wobbles.
I'm sure that idea has come up in more than a few discussions at Hasbro staff meetings.

Reaction score
Hasbro is currently editing a special edition of the 2 trilogies as we speak. They are adding nerf darts to all the laser blast scenes.

Reaction score
I was concerned when they started producing two lines of figures in two different, yet close scales. That's usually the sign of a mismanaged toy-line for me. You see that with the Hobbit line, which failed spectacularly. And countless others. Then the quality in the sculpts of the figures went, and then the articulation. And now we're left with this. VASTLY under-scaled, poorly painted, crap with a nerf feature jammed in. It's like they've just given up.

Reaction score
And yet there will plenty of people willing to defend Hasbro and justify handling of the line. Everything's fine! Stopping being a whiny fan boy etc etc etc

Reaction score
Cassian Andor plus U-Wing from Hasbro.

Nice to have it, although it's obviously a two-seater, they unfortunately appear to have scaled it down to a one seat.

Plus the whole point of introducing this uniquer ship, is this is a larger troop transport, to distinguish it from all the smaller one-man fighters we've seen before. Yet they turned into a one-man ship?

And scaled down, looks like you're not going to be able to fit any troops into that hull either. Which again at this scale defeats the purpose of introducing this new unique ship's function.
Woo-Hoo-Hasbro! B):wtf:

Reaction score
It's hard to believe that this is the same Hasbro that has made awesome toys like the Republic Gunship, the BMF Falcon, the BMF AT-AT and AT-TE. A couple years ago GIJoe even got a largeish helicopter, a modern remake of their old transport helicopter the Tomahawk from 1986. Hasbro has it in them to have done the U-Wing justice, but no. It's all about making cheap crap, shelf space and nerf launchers. I am going to do the only thing I really can do and that is to stop buying most of what Hasbro is making.

Reaction score
Nice to have it, although it's obviously a two-seater, they unfortunately appear to have scaled it down to a one seat.

Plus the whole point of introducing this uniquer ship, is this is a larger troop transport, to distinguish it from all the smaller one-man fighters we've seen before. Yet they turned into a one-man ship?

And scaled down, looks like you're not going to be able to fit any troops into that hull either. Which again at this scale defeats the purpose of introducing this new unique ship's function.
Woo-Hoo-Hasbro! B):wtf:
Truer words have never been spoken.

Reaction score
I wonder if Nerf darts and springs to fire them cost more than a bit of weathering paint application? No?

*sighs