U-3P0 - ESB Wave B-A-D

Reaction score
After seeing these pics, I'm convinced that there's still one more version of C-3PO to be made that captures the definitive likeness and best sculpt/articulation of him - and that's one based on U-3PO.

Reaction score
trevagg said:
After seeing these pics, I'm convinced that there's still one more version of C-3P0 to be made that captures the definitive likeness and best sculpt/articulation of him - and that's one based on U-3P0.
If Hasbro's R & D dept. can figure out a way to cast the U-3PO mold in a hard enough plastic that the vac-metal will adhere to it (and not crack and chip) for a definitive C-3PO, then I'd be one happy camper

Reaction score
The tell tale signs are usually the knees. If the little discs in the middle of the knees are a pretty good match for the rest of the legs (just not metallic), which they appear to be in those pics, then you're holding a champagne droid. If there's a distinct difference between the knee discs and the rest of the joint, that is to say, the disc is noticably browner, then you've probably got a silver droid. I'd agree with the previous poster in suggesting you probably have a champagne droid.

Although it's harder to tell in the pictures, in person you should also be able to tell if the tone of the silver is warmer in your U-3PO than your RA-7. If he's champagne, it'll be warmer - slightly yellowish. If it's silver, the tone is cooler and almost bluish in comparrison.

Reaction score
ReverendStrone said:
The tell tale signs are usually the knees. If the little discs in the middle of the knees are a pretty good match for the rest of the legs (just not metallic), which they appear to be in those pics, then you're holding a champagne droid. If there's a distinct difference between the knee discs and the rest of the joint, that is to say, the disc is noticably browner, then you've probably got a silver droid. I'd agree with the previous poster in suggesting you probably have a champagne droid.

Although it's harder to tell in the pictures, in person you should also be able to tell if the tone of the silver is warmer in your U-3PO than your RA-7. If he's champagne, it'll be warmer - slightly yellowish. If it's silver, the tone is cooler and almost bluish in comparrison.
Thanks. I think you guys are right.

Reaction score
Now that BAD is ending and E-3PO wasn't one of the droids released, its a good thing that Hasbro messed up with the colors of U-3PO. The silver mistake passes for, and makes a good E-3PO in my book.

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the U3-P0 off Tung on ebay, and do you know which version he is selling? Thanks.
I got the silver U-3PO from tung a while back, but the left knee joint was defective; fortunately for me I had an extra silver left leg from Captain Needa to fix it.

Reaction score
I got one from Tunghori too. It was the silver too I believe.

I want another to use as E-3PO to be honest. Would love a champagne to make the sorta different.

Reaction score
I really need a U-3PO, 2 even. I could use one as U-3PO (of course) and one as TC-14 (I have the tray I got with a cup lot, but I still lack a TC)

The figure itself actually is pretty nice. I'll pick it up after the holidays.

Reaction score
I got one from Tunghori too. It was the silver too I believe.

I want another to use as E-3PO to be honest. Would love a champagne to make the sorta different.
Cool, thanks. Actually I dont even know which version I have got? Lol. I guess you cant even tell unless you have two different versions. Maybe I will just buy the one of Tung, and hope its different to mine. ;)

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Actually I dont even know which version I have got? Lol. I guess you cant even tell unless you have two different versions. Maybe I will just buy the one of Tung, and hope its different to mine. ;)
Yeah, I can't tell at all comparing my figure to pictures. It really is one of those situations where you need to have both in hand to tell.

I did take a look and it does seem to really be silver. I had an extra arm which I new was silver and they seem to match.

Kinda a pointless variant on Hasbro's end. Just upset fans really.

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't tell at all comparing my figure to pictures. It really is one of those situations where you need to have both in hand to tell.

I did take a look and it does seem to really be silver. I had an extra arm which I new was silver and they seem to match.

Kinda a pointless variant on Hasbro's end. Just upset fans really.
Yeah I guess this was a massive headache if you were a variation collector. A different colour is something I was interested in, but one so subtle as this is weird. I agree I reckon its really difficult to tell unless you have both.

Reaction score
I can't imagine being a variation collector. I do have plans to get all the Boba Fetts (OT only) sold later down the road, though.

I also must admit the variation isn't that easy to decipher if you don't have any reference at all.

Reaction score
anyone know what color the leg is? I got the medical frigate leia figure in the mail today and opened it up. I really cant tell what color the leg is since I know there's two varation colors for U3PO

Reaction score
anyone know what color the leg is? I got the medical frigate leia figure in the mail today and opened it up. I really cant tell what color the leg is since I know there's two varation colors for U3PO
Silver or Champagne. Those were the 2 variations.

*I hope I understood the question correctly :)

from rebelscum Legacy collection gallery: http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBADU3PO.asp

There is a running change to this figure: the original release featured a silver deco, but Lucasfilm requested a change to a more-accurate champagne deco, resulting in a number of carded variations.
U-3PO is an all-new figure that can be built with the extra pieces included in the following figures:

In addition, parts can also be found with the following figures:

[COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]Photography[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] by Dan Curto

Last edited:
Reaction score
Help needed:
I wanted to get the two variations but I think I have ended up with three champagne figures instead.
Is the silver one supposed to be in the same color as MB-RA7?

Reaction score

The difference is pretty subtle, but the "silver" one is more of a "white" silver. It definately doesn't have the vaguely yellow tinge that the champagne version has.

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I is three champagne figures I have then.
The first one I got in droideparts with the legacy figures I bought. I thought it was the silver one I had,
and order a champagne loose on ebay. When it arrived I realised that I had the champagne one allready.
Then I saw another U-3po loose on ebay. I asked the seller if it was champagne or silver. He said silver but to someone that is not a geek I guess it looks silver. So I orderd it but when it arrived It was another champagne .
So now its back to ebay and hunt for another one...

jim

Reaction score
I bought a U-3PO loose on ebay to tunghori seller, he says this is the champagne version but on arrival I compared it with other U-3PO that I bought as silver version and are equal. Anyone who has purchased a Tunghori can say with certainty what version is?