U-3P0 - ESB Wave B-A-D

Reaction score
If anybody has aan extra right arm, right leg, or head in the pure silver version, let me know, I will buy or trade.

Reaction score
I am just hoping eventually they will release these figures into the Saga Legends so the ones that havent been buying all the figures for the parts get a chance at them.

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my 2 U3-P0's. The lighting can really change how obvious the difference is.

Reaction score
Great comparison shots! Must be nice to have them both

I hope the figures I ordered from HTS have the less silvery color.

Reaction score
Wow! Side by side in the light of a flash really shows the difference. I have a silver leg on mine and I can hardly tell it apart from the rest of him, which is champagne. The silver version I suspect will become extremely rare over time.

Reaction score
Yeah, at WM under the flourescent lights the difference was obvious. At home under an incadescent light they were a lot closer together. Had to use the lighting bathroom to tell my 3 right arms apart.

Reaction score
Man that is REALLY cool! The 'champaigne' one does in fact resemble the droid in the film a lot more than it was first appearing to - especially when you've got both completed & side by side. U-3PO & E-3PO in the same wave!
(sort of..)

I'm definitely going to be watching out for the champaigne parts now, thanks for the pics CdtWeasel!

G

When I first saw this droid I didn't want any part of it but now that I have most of it in my hands and I want to finish it!
Just need 2 more parts to finish the silver one and Im done!

Reaction score
The 'champagne' version does indeed look more screen accurate, while the silver version looks more like TC-14 or something. I have yet to find this wave at retail - so were the silver parts 'errors' from the first run, just like the Hoth Trooper sans skirt?

Reaction score
If I've got one complete that all matches, how do I know which is which?

I think it's silver but the wave isn't out over here yet, so to get the other I'm going to try for it on ebay unless anybody wants to swop a complete champagne one for the Turbo Tank exclusive clone and speeder bike? PM me

Reaction score
Mad at myself on this one today. I picked up the ESB wave at Walmart yesterday and didn't realize until I got home and opened them that the head and right leg were silver and the rest were champaign. There were multiple sets of the wave so if I'd been paying attention I probably could've got all of one or the other. The leg doesn't bug me so much but the silver head looks noticeably worse with the champaign torso. Wish the head came with the Hoth Trooper or the Ugnaught so I could get another shot at it.

Reaction score
If only I could find any ESB wave on the pegs here, I would try to get both colors. So far from HTS I have 5/6 of champagne, and zero silver. I am afraid that we will get the wave so late here everything will be champagne.

Reaction score
I have some date stamp codes for the different color BAD parts. The silver BAD parts I found at a local walmart had the date stamp 90501. The champagne BAD parts I received from HBTS had the date stamps 90571 & 90621. I hope this helps those with mismatched droids.

Reaction score
Droidworld said:
When this wave finally arrives in Canada, they will probably only have the champagne coloured one.
I'm sure it will be the Champagne one...and the "corrected" skirted trooper. That's why I went south and got some of the wave 6 figures at Target. Now I'm 1 right arm away from the complete silver variant. I'll get it from a future trade I'm sure.

Of course, going south is easier said than done. Especially if you don't have time or money to do it...and also if there isn't a Target near the border where you'll cross. But if you can, do not hesitate while this wave revision last!

Reaction score
Guys you are so lucky for even finding any of Wave 6. I can't find one figure from the new wave. Hasbro better not push Wave 7 before I get wave 6.

Reaction score
Has anyone had bad luck on the quality of the paint on the parts for U-3PO?

All my silver pieces have been fine, but several of the parts of the champagne one have some serious damage going on. The torso has several deep scratches in the paint, and the backs of both of the legs and bottom of the chin look scuffed (I tried to take some pix earlier but they didn't turn out). It just looks...beat up.

Just wondered if crappily-painted parts like this were turning up elsewhere or if I'm just cursed?

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
I got the ESB wave yesterday from EE and put mine together last night. No problems with any deep scratches or damaged parts, thankfully.

This is my first protocol type BAD droid and the thing I love the most is the articulation. Do the other BADs have similar articulation or his U-3PO the first?

Reaction score
rookie_pilot said:
I got the ESB wave yesterday from EE and put mine together last night. No problems with any deep scratches or damaged parts, thankfully.

This is my first protocol type BAD droid and the thing I love the most is the articulation. Do the other BADs have similar articulation or his U-3PO the first?
Did you get the silver or champagne version?

Reaction score
rookie_pilot said:
U-3PO is indeed the first BAD with this level of articulation. The previous droids don't have the ankle or wrist articulation.

WOW! I hoped this figure would be good, but I didn't suspect it would be this good. The likeness is dynamite and the pose is pure protocol. IMO, U-3PO is the highlight of this wave.

Let's hope Hasbro doesn't waste an opportunity to give us a C-3PO that uses this sculpt.

My U-3PO is the silver variety, but now I want the champagne version!

Reaction score
PizzatheHut said:
WOW! I hoped this figure would be good, but I didn't suspect it would be this good. The likeness is dynamite and the pose is pure protocol. IMO, U-3PO is the highlight of this wave.

Let's hope Hasbro doesn't waste an opportunity to give us a C-3PO that uses this sculpt.
Mate, agreed 100%.

Reaction score
VintijDroidGutzz said:
PizzatheHut said:

Mate, agreed 100%.
Thirded!

Reaction score
darth_sidious said:
The 'champagne' version does indeed look more screen accurate, while the silver version looks more like TC-14 or something. I have yet to find this wave at retail - so were the silver parts 'errors' from the first run, just like the Hoth Trooper sans skirt?
I actually found a Hoth Rebel no skirt with silver arm and a Hoth rebel with skirt with siver arm and hoth rebel with skirt with champagne arm.

Reaction score
U3PO is surprisingly detailed. I have been waiting for this figure for a long time.

Look at my hands!

Look at our hands!

Reaction score
Went out of town to my nephew's baseball tournament yesterday and ended up finding the final 2 pieces I needed to finish my silver U-3PO at Target.

Reaction score
Since it looks like it will be a busy weekend for me, I'm posting this a day early....enjoy!

The latest wave of action figures continues to be featured this week, and today sees the addition of the latest Build-A-Droid....U-3PO.

As everyone knows by now, there are two decos for this figures: silver and "champagne". The change was a request from Lucasfilm, in order to make the protocol droid slightly yellow and a bit more movie-accurate. So the silver version is the rarer of the two.

Here are both versions:

So far, here is a list of all the figures I've found with the U-3PO parts:
  • Luke Skywalker (includes U-3PO head - silver & champagne)
  • Emperor Palpatine (includes U-3PO torso - silver & champagne)
  • Captain Needa (includes U-3PO left leg - silver & champagne)
  • Princess Leia (includes U-3PO right leg - silver & champagne)
  • Hoth Rebel Trooper (includes U-3PO right arm - silver & champagne)
  • Ugnaught (includes U-3PO left arm - silver & champagne)

In addition, parts can also be found with the following figures:
  • Darth Vader (includes U-3PO head - silver & champagne)
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (General) (includes U-3PO torso - champagne)
  • Clone Trooper (Heavy Gunner) (includes U-3PO left arm - champagne)
  • Coruscant Clone Trooper (includes U-3PO left leg - silver)
  • Imperial Engineer (includes U-3PO right leg - silver)
  • General Grievous (includes U-3PO left leg - champagne)
  • Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper) (includes U-3PO right arm - champagne)
  • Han Solo (Stormtrooper) (includes U-3PO right leg - champagne)
  • Jawa & WED Treadwell Droid (includes U-3PO left arm - silver)
  • Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (includes U-3PO right arm - silver)
  • Kashyyyk Trooper (includes U-3PO torso - silver)

I am SURE there are others...in fact, I have actually only found one of the Ugnaughts so far.

This will wrap up the TLC figure updates (again, posting on Sunday)....so now I'm heading back to CTR until I find the AOTC wave!

Reaction score
Got a question for eveyone with both shades of this droid. I just completed a trade with someone for a Silver version of this thinking I had the Champagne version and now I'm not so sure which one I have after looking at the comparison photos. Would you say that the Silver one is a shiny silver like the Episode 1 TC-14 figure or a dull silver. It looks like the Champagne one is almost a very light tan / gold in the photos. I received my droid parts through HasbroToyShop.com and I thought I read that everyone received the Champagne color from HTS and most people found the Silver color parts at Target along with the Skirtless Hoth Rebel Trooper. Any help clearing this up would be awsome.

Reaction score
MaizeNBlueSith said:
Got a question for eveyone with both shades of this droid. I just completed a trade with someone for a Silver version of this thinking I had the Champagne version and now I'm not so sure which one I have after looking at the comparison photos. Would you say that the Silver one is a shiny silver like the Episode TC-14 figure or a dull silver. It looks like the Champagne one is almost a very light tan / brown in the photos. I received my droid parts through HasbroToyShop.com and I thought I read that everyone received the Champagne color from them and most people found the Silver color parts at Target along with the Skirtless Hoth Rebel Trooper. Any help clearing this up would be awsome.
To me the "silver" version is kinda like the later tru silver figs, not shiny reflective like tc-14 whereas the "champange"u-3po has a yellowish/pink hue to it more like the droid in the movie, kinda like tarnished silverware. Having the 2 stand side by side, the difference, to me, is quite noticable but for others it's not. 0ddly, the silver one, or at least mine does, radiates a lt blue-greyish hue when evening sunlight hits my temperary display

Reaction score
Lighting may help to distinguish the two. I had to look at the silver and champagne parts I had under flourescent lighting to really see the difference.

Reaction score
In theory it's a cool idea that way you get an extra droid out of it, but what about those who have trouble finding all the same color pieces in one wave.

Reaction score
Here are the two helping each other out! I still need a leg. I hope this helps some of you out.