Tycho Celchu - A-Wing Pilot - #44

Reaction score
The code still works - friends20. 20% off + free S&H.

I used it, got just Tycho shipped to my door for $5.98, including tax. They have the Ewok two pack as well.

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
"find another one" right now at HTS. If the discount codes still work, free shipping and a bit less than retail! Can't go wrong with that.
While I usually enjoy your longer, thought-out posts, this one was my favorite so far

Reaction score
streams said:
Has anyone posted the fact that the helmet is either super glossy or "foggy"?... If so, my apologies... I have opened two cases with this figure and 1 case had 2 glossy and the other case had 2 matte (foggy) versions?... I prefer the glossy as I would think the pilot would actually want to see what was going one.

Glossy

Matte

Interesting. I've noticed that too on the ones I've seen.
Also, the tanish colored head gear he comes with has a similar varient/whatever you want to call it.... I bought 2 of him, one the tan is glossy. the other is more of a flat tan color.
Anyone else notice this?

Reaction score
I got mine in the mail two days ago and I think its one of the top five figures from this year. (to me ofcourse) It did take me several minutes to figure out how the harness fit into the holes but after that its a all around perfect figure. Not even worried about it not haivng a ball jointed waist, its just that good to me.

Reaction score
Got him today! I think this is a great figure, on par with the VTSC X-Wing Luke, easily. The fact that it is an EU character but also satisfies OT purists is extra nifty. I'm surprised he didn't come with a blaster of some sort.

Reaction score
Jangodo said:
I'm surprised he didn't come with a blaster of some sort.
Well the pilots were never seen equipped with any blasters in the movies, so it'd be a case of Hasbro being arbitrary in what they gave him - likely going for that rebel standard issue blaster General McQuarrie has which isn't all that great.

Besides, he already gets three accessories. This is definitely in the top 5 figures of the year, in the fine company of the VTSC stuff.

Reaction score
I found this figure two days ago along with the two ewoks. This figure one of the best

Reaction score
Squirrel_Lips said:
streams said:
Has anyone posted the fact that the helmet is either super glossy or "foggy"?... If so, my apologies... I have opened two cases with this figure and 1 case had 2 glossy and the other case had 2 matte (foggy) versions?... I prefer the glossy as I would think the pilot would actually want to see what was going one.

Glossy

Matte

Interesting. I've noticed that too on the ones I've seen.
Also, the tanish colored head gear he comes with has a similar varient/whatever you want to call it.... I bought 2 of him, one the tan is glossy. the other is more of a flat tan color.
Anyone else notice this?
Does anyone really care?

Reaction score
Picked him up this morning. Hasbro really did a bang up job on this one and in my opinion is a contender for figure of the year.

Reaction score
Refering to pic on page 9

It looks to me like both the A-wing pilots have helmets. In the one closest it looks like a helmet in his far hand (swinging behind him) and the other pilot looks to be craddling a helmet in his left arm.

Super figure though, I have three and plan on swapping heads with a Rebel Honor Guard and the Black Rebel Commando.

BTW on Tycho's card back, anyone notice Black Female A-wing pilot?

Reaction score
Finally, I found this figure the other day, and it's excellent. I settled on displaying him with the cap on and holding his helmet. For some reason, I'm not too into X-Wing pilots, but I'd like another A-Wing pilot with the other helmet or a B-Wing pilot.

Reaction score
what happened to the 'will ferrell A-wing pilot' thread? A very funny thread. It appears Count Dooku completely erased it from rebelscum. Basically, doesn't the picture on the card look like Will Ferrell?! I think so. lol

Reaction score
It was deleted, and rightly so. There's already been talk about the photo in THIS thread. As I pointed out in the other one before its demise.

Reaction score
...there is no hyperlink. I was emphasizing that this very thread we're in now is where discussion of the Will Ferrell photo took place. A few pages back, in August, when card art first turned up.

Reaction score
ah..darn. I was hoping people would laugh at the ricky bobby pic i posted on that w. ferrell/tycho thread. Oh well.

Reaction score
I got this guy a couple of days ago, and I love him! Here's hoping we get more Rogue Squadron characters in the future.

Reaction score
Hope this is the right thread, but..

Anyone else ever notice that the ball joint on Tycho fits the head of the concept Rebel Trooper perfectly? I was bored and messing around tonight and found out myself. Now I want to track down extras of both figures to make an extra A-Wing pilot. I'd love it even more if I could get ahold of the Wal Mart A-Wing helmet since that's more correct. *Sigh* Between the Wal Mart helmet, the blaster with the Pilot Evo set and these two figures you'd have an awesome bash.. too bad it would cost so much.

Reaction score
streams said:

Glossy

Matte

I got sick of missing Tycho at retail, so I ordered 2 from Ebay.

They arrived today, very pleased to finally have them.
My plan is to display one with the skullcap, and one in the helmet.

Only problem being that the helmets are different. I believe they are the 2 variants shown in the pics above. However, the main difference bugging me is that 1 has orange decals, and the other has red decals on the helmet. You can kinda see it in these pics.

I'm assuming the red decals are the 'correct' ones? I think it looks a bit better. Well, other than the smudge on my red one, which does look a bit like battledamage if you squint I guess!

So: red or orange?

Reaction score
I ordered mine from ToysRus.com with free shipping! They've got a promotion going on for some Star Wars toys there, so I ordered myself Tycho.

To answer your question, I also prefer red, because it's bolder than orange, and also because I like the glossy helmet more.

I had to compare the two colors a lot to find that they're different...Honestly, I don't think they're that different. I'd be happy either way

Reaction score
I like this one a lot. The helmet is greatly detailed, and his "bell bottoms" are a groovy change from the tucked-in-boots pants of the other pilots.

Reaction score
I finally got Tycho. His right hand's a bit sticky, so I'll have to boil it, but he's a very cool figure.

Reaction score
boiling? does it help when it's sticky? this is the first time i've heard of it. i would love to try it.

usually i just rub it.

Reaction score
You can boil hands, then pop them off the figure. The boiling softens the plastic and paint so the peg won't break off.

Often, hands won't move because the paint didn't dry before the hand was attached, so it gets glued to the peg or socket by the paint. Popping the hand off breaks the paint bond, and lets the hand move again.

I had to do this to every singly cantina band figure, and the shoulder joints of VTSC IG-88, and it worked every time.

It worked on Tycho, too.