Tycho Celchu - A-Wing Pilot - #44

Reaction score
I'm excited about this figure as well!! I hope that we get multiple versions like the Rebel Commando!! Off the top of my head, I know we could get an Asian Pilot, a Caucasian pilot, and I think that's it?? I was going to say a Black pilot, but he's an X-Wing pilot!!

Reaction score
Re: A-Wing Pilot

That's just because he's from the OT. Kids, what do they know!

Reaction score

Lady_Jaye said:
I am fifteen years old and I love the Original Trilogy. I love the Prequel Trilogy, as well, but I definitely prefer the Original Trilogy.

Reaction score

Nah, I love the OT. I just find the pilot figures a little bit boring, unless they have cool helmets or something like the TIE Pilot!

Although I do like the Naboo Pilots.

JediShawn said:
Lady_Jaye said:
I am fifteen years old and I love the Original Trilogy. I love the Prequel Trilogy, as well, but I definitely prefer the Original Trilogy.
So what??

Reaction score

I am just trying to tell Lady_Jaye that not all "kids" prefer the Prequel Trilogy. Stop being such an [censored].

Reaction score

NuteGunray said:
Nah, I love the OT. I just find the pilot figures a little bit boring, unless they have cool helmets or something like the TIE Pilot! Although I do like the Naboo Pilots.
See that should show ya, you're being a hater when it comes to the OT!! They do look a bit cooler than Naboo Pilots!!

I think Jedi Shawn is able to get past the fact that the Prequels were released with him, like the OT for us, but he can clearly disticnt which trilogy is better!!
Good for you Shawn!! Buck the trend!!

Reaction score

JediShawn said:
I am just trying to tell Lady_Jaye that not all "kids" prefer the Prequel Trilogy. Stop being such an [censored].
Simmer down there.

Anyway, LJ, you shouldn't judge people on which trilogy they prefer; it's all one big story! And also, how do you know that I prefer the PT to the OT? Are you sure about that?

Back on topic! I'll have to see pics of this guy, but I still think it's a boring figure. Doesn't mean I won't buy it though.

Reaction score

Common sense dictates that the POTF2 sculpt (which has not aged well) will be replaced by a new sculpt.

But I am going to laugh so hard if they just re-release the pack-in figure from the POTF2 A-Wing.

And then I will cry.

Reaction score

BlackRook said:
Common sense dictates that the POTF2 sculpt (which has not aged well) will be replaced by a new sculpt.

But I am going to laugh so hard if they just re-release the pack-in figure from the POTF2 A-Wing.

And then I will cry.
I think I'll curse the Hasbro rep that decided to do that!!

Reaction score

Lady_Jaye said:
BlackRook said:

And then I will cry.
I think I'll curse the Hasbro rep that decided to do that!!

Hey, if it makes way for a new Luke, they can repack the POTF2 one for all I care

Reaction score

Well I would need an A-Wing to put the A-Wing pilot in.

I didn't pick up the old one so I'll probably just pick up one and if Hasbro ever re-releases the A-Wing. I'd buy it and put my A-Wing pilot in it.

Reaction score

Wow, this thread almost got derailed bfore it even started.

I'm looking forward to the A-Wing Pilot. I hope Hasbro uses the VOTC Luke body or the Dutch Vandar body. I'm sure it won't be an entirely new sculpt.

I have 3 A-Wings and it's going to be nice to replace the crude pack-in pilots with sweet new articulated ones.

Reaction score

I'd like to see them give him an actual name instead of a generic "A-wing Pilot". Kind of like Sun Fac instead of "Geonosis Warrior".

Reaction score

SpecialOpsUnit said:
Well, ya know Hasbro is very good at reissues, so you can expect the blue McQuarrie concept A-wing (using the existing POTF2 mold) to be next.

Otherwise, poor Mr. A-wing pilot will be waiting at the spaceport along with Mr. Cloud Car pilot!!!

Reaction score

What's cool is that the A-Wing pilot is getting on his own card with a coin... just like the vintage POTF one!

Reaction score

SpecialOpsUnit said:
I think all A-Wings came with their own pilot, didn't they? Probably they'll re-release it without the figure so this one can have his ride.

Reaction score

probably a repack of the target exclusive A-wing pilot figure pack-in.
I am hoping it's a typo and Y-wing pilot is planned not A-wing..that way it'll be a grey suited pilot from ROTJ. To me, after re-watching the entire saga w/ my nephew recently, it looked like the suits were orange - X-wing pilots, Red- B-wing pilots, Green- A-wing pilots and Grey - Y-Wing pilots in ROTJ..but then the pilot suits could be kinda like Han's Hoth coat--looked Blue when indors and Brown when outside.

Reaction score

For some reason, I think this will be a new sculpt, and as such, that will make him or her a very welcome figure to my collection.

Reaction score

Maxattack106 said:
I'd like to see them give him an actual name instead of a generic "A-wing Pilot". Kind of like Sun Fac instead of "Geonosis Warrior".
Yeah, but Sun Fac has always had a name. No A-wing pilot had one until I believe the EU named the pilot who crashed into the Executor Arvel Crynyd(which I'm sure they will name him anyways)

I think it's great we're getting him. I want more pilots, especially Grizz Frix(the black pilot from ROTJ)

Reaction score

Darth_Tedious said:
I'm looking forward to the A-Wing Pilot. I hope Hasbro uses the VOTC Luke body or the Dutch Vandar body. I'm sure it won't be an entirely new sculpt.
The A-Wing pilots wore a completely different flight suit, different life support pack, etc. than the X-Wing pilot design that you're talking about.

Hopefully this is 100% new, the old pack-in was terrible - I'd wager that the POTF1 version was better!

Include a couple of variations like has been mentioned in this thread, and I'll be all over it.

Rebel pilots have always been one of my favorite sub-genres, so this is probably my #1 most wanted from next year.

VERY COOL!

'78

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Rebel pilots has always been one of my favorite sub-genres, so this is probably my #1 most wanted from next year.
Same here. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of him the most.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Darth_Tedious said:
The A-Wing pilots wore a completely different flight suit, different life support pack, etc. than the X-Wing pilot design that you're talking about.

Hopefully this is 100% new, the old pack-in was terrible - I'd wager that the POTF1 version was better!

Include a couple of variations like has been mentioned in this thread, and I'll be all over it.

Rebel pilots has always been one of my favorite sub-genres, so this is probably my #1 most wanted from next year.

VERY COOL!

'78
That's great news. Hopefully Hasbro doesn't just put the A-Wing pack-in on a card though.

Reaction score

I am stoked over a new A-wing pilot. Hasbro didn't get the helmet right on the POTF2 one. I'm sure they will nail it this time.

Reaction score

I think it's kinda obvious that this is being released because of how popular the vintage version was. He and Fett were the big sellers of Droids as well. I think it is only logical that Hasbro tries this figure again.

Reaction score

CJHawk said:
I am stoked over a new A-wing pilot. Hasbro didn't get the helmet right on the POTF2 one. I'm sure they will nail it this time.
i hope that hasbro gets it right this time too cause im in need for a a-wing pilot, i missed out on the POTF2 version

Reaction score

We could always dream that they'll make it Tycho; he was flying an A-wing during the Battle of Endor.

Reaction score

wedge1968 said:
We could always dream that they'll make it Tycho; he was flying an A-wing during the Battle of Endor.
You beat me to it! Hasbro is delving into the EU and could get two birds with one stone by naming an otherwise anonymous A-Wing pilot Tycho Celchu and both EU and non-EU fans would be happy.

Reaction score

My thoughts exactly.

Heck, I'd probably be stupid enough to buy two if they did that.

Reaction score

I'd love a Tycho as well, but I'm guessing Arvel will be the one, so they can correct their POTF2 Rebel Pilots Cinema Scenes error. If his helmet's removable (may be tough, as it's very skull-cap-like), should be easy enough to slap a new head on him and call him Tycho. Then again, Arvel's a rather generic-lookin' guy in terms of figure production, he's not quirky like Zev, for instance. So you can just call Arvel "Tycho". I doubt any fanatics will flame you for doing so!

Reaction score

I for one would love it if they'd start including multiple heads with generic figures like the A-Wing pilot... There were at least three that we saw during ROTJ:

Green Leader
Arvel Whatever his name is
and "Copy Gold Leader" pilot (the older one)

They could hide the extra heads behind the bubble insert - and then viola, we'd have a three in one... Include some alternate design for Tycho Celchu (sp?) and we'd be all set.

You can see this sort of design all the time in the military figures out there - it's just taking the Dagobah Luke one step further...

Hasbro you do this sort of thing with the "generics" and you'll increase their sales, as the hard core folks will buy even more multiples!

'78

Reaction score

They probably won't do that, because they'll just make a new head and put it on an old body, and sell another whole figure.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like that though.

Reaction score

I'm excited over this guy. I only keep the best version of a figure/character and trade off the older ones. POTF2 cinema scene fig, the potf2 a-wing packin, and the saga a-wing packin were all pretty bad figures. So I will be estatic if this guy is done nicely. I can finally replace those sorry excuses for my rebel army.

Reaction score

Arvel IS Green Leader. He reported in at the roll call, and crashed into the bridge.

Someone mentioned earlier the Asian pilot, but he was a Y-wing pilot (the guy who said "There's too many of them!", Lt. Telsij), and used as the basis for the misnamed "Arvel Crynyd" figure in the Pilot 3-pack years ago, with the wrong color jumpsuit (but proper gear) and, I think, the wrong helmet deco which belonged to some other pilot.

There's only really been ONE A-wing pilot in the modern line: the POTF2 pack-in. The Saga pack-in was the 3-pack's Y-wing Pilot repainted, that's all!

Not that I wouldn't love any new Y-wing fighter to, for a change, be from ROTJ and include Lt. Telsij, new sculpt (same head's okay, I guess)

Reaction score

O.K. so maybe one extra head per release - my thinking is though, how likely are they to re-issue the A-Wing pilot three or four more times in the next 12 years?

Considering this is the first carded release after the modern line has been around for 11 years already, I don't see but perhaps one more issue happening...

So that being said, I'm hoping that they do something like this a little more with each generic sort of release - the new Endor Trooper is a good example - although that's being done as a running change - it's at least similar to what I'm talking about here.

We buy clone troopers to "army build" because they all look alike.

The army building tendancy would easily extend to the "human" army builders if Hasbro gave us a way to do that, including multiple heads, hands, etc. would make for some fantastic releases

I see your point, and there is validity, again, I'm just going on the liklihood of seeing MULTIPLE reissues...

'78

Reaction score

Hoping for the real Arvel Crynyd, so his destruction of Executor and Admiral Firmus Piett can be remembered for all time.

Reaction score

Inigo_Montoya said:
Hoping for the real Arvel Crynyd, so his destruction of Executor and Admiral Firmus Piett can be remembered for all time.
Wasn't Arvel Crynyd the red-suited chap from the POTF Pilots Cinema Scene?

Reaction score

The figure from that set is physically the ROTJ Y-wing pilot, but tagged with that name.

The ROTJ Y-wing pilot from my understanding was supposedly going to be released as the pack-in for the OTC red Y-wing at TRU, but somehow was released with a repainted figure from the POTJ Y-wing from Target.