Tucson Board # 2: Wohoo Tucson's 2nd Board!

Reaction score
Anyone goin/gone to TCCon?
I went Saturday. These merchants think everything they are selling graded mint toys when it comes to pricing. The Tucson Mall toy store guy with all the tattoos was the worst. Is this guy a joke? How is he even still open with the clueless pricing going on. Toys inc should stick to Ebay scalping.

The rest of the show was good. I saw a great zombie Storm trooper and there was a life size remote control R2-D2 driving around. And there was some really great costumes in the front hall taking photos with kids!

Reaction score
Looking on Ebay and searching for Tucson sellers you realize a few things.
1) Some Tucson sellers have all the stuff I'm looking for on the shelves. (most likely a ToysRUs, Walmart, Target employee grabbing them as they come out. That's all I see anymore when Im in back rooms. nothing but "hold" areas filled with comiccon exclusives, variants and hard to find figures. Every Sound Wave that hit was sitting in the back LOL)
2) Some sellers are fricking clueless as to how Ebay works. I see guys selling items for below retail. Not including fees, shipping materials, time etc. Just flat out clueless. Typical Tucson.
3) Feed back from alot of Tucson sellers is horrible. Complaints of late or never shipped. Damaged product. Lies.

Just thought I would add a fresh comment to this thread as it is as dead as a doornail. Tucson Represent! Gonna go buy my stuff online!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else in this town, but I am finding nothing. I have all but given up the hunt. If the stuff is here, then those ebay sellers or local scalpers are getting it. I am buying most of what I need online now. I haven't found much in the way of new Star Wars (did see Greedo 6 inch the other day at Target) Marvel Legends, DC Universe etc. My daughter was even wanting some My Little Pony Equestria Girls and Monster High, and I even had trouble finding some of those. Never did see the Target Pinkie Pie she was wanting. It makes a person just want to stop all together. I miss the days where I could go into a store and see something new on the shelf.

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else in this town, but I am finding nothing. I have all but given up the hunt. If the stuff is here, then those ebay sellers or local scalpers are getting it. I am buying most of what I need online now. I haven't found much in the way of new Star Wars (did see Greedo 6 inch the other day at Target) Marvel Legends, DC Universe etc. My daughter was even wanting some My Little Pony Equestria Girls and Monster High, and I even had trouble finding some of those. Never did see the Target Pinkie Pie she was wanting. It makes a person just want to stop all together. I miss the days where I could go into a store and see something new on the shelf.
Store employees have no problem putting everything on hold for them. Layaway is also a problem. Employees just put everything on layaway. Pay 5 bucks and get everything held for you until you can pay it off. Target, ToyRUs and Walmart and done for finding anything good.

Reaction score
Store employees have no problem putting everything on hold for them. Layaway is also a problem. Employees just put everything on layaway. Pay 5 bucks and get everything held for you until you can pay it off. Target, ToyRUs and Walmart and done for finding anything good.
That has to be what is going on. I haven't seen anything at the Speedway and Kolb Walmart in at least a year, maybe two. Same goes for the Toys R Us on Broadway. Sometimes I do see some new stuff at Target but it doesn't last long. I just missed out on some Marvel Legends the other day. At least they had the Pinkie Pie my daughter was after.

I am hoping to find some things at the toy show in March. I haven't been for a few years, but the last time I went, I got some good deals.

Reaction score
Hey, Tucson group. I haven't posted in ages mostly because of lack of time for searching due to work, and lack of stuff worth searching. I'm out at Rita Ranch, and a new Walmart opened a couple of miles away this morning. I figured I'd stop by on my way to work, about 6:30 this morning. They weren't open yet, so I turned around and left, but the first person in line was ... <drumroll> ... Carl.

Good grief.

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
I hit that new wal mart at around 9 on my way to work and they have the latest wave- all except for Darth Plagueis, the only one I need. So sick of the scalpers. I've come across the full Plagueis case 9 times (at K-mart, Target and Wal-mart) and the Plagueis has been the only one gone every time. If someone finds an extra please hide it for me.

Reaction score
I hit that new wal mart at around 9 on my way to work and they have the latest wave- all except for Darth Plagueis, the only one I need. So sick of the scalpers. I've come across the full Plagueis case 9 times (at K-mart, Target and Wal-mart) and the Plagueis has been the only one gone every time. If someone finds an extra please hide it for me.

Don't you sell on E-Bay?

Reaction score
I haven't posted in awhile do to not finding much. Did find both Plagueis and Mara Jade at the Disney store in the Tucson Mall last month.

Anyway, I now know why Spanish Trail Target never has anything. I was in there today with my daughter looking at My Little Pony stuff, when I heard two guys talking about Star Wars Black and other toys. I look around the corner and one of them is an employee. So I stayed in the Pony isle while my daughter was looking, eavesdropping on their conversation. The guy working there was talking about how they, (employees at that store) have been buying up all the Boba Fetts and other hard to find characters, and selling them on ebay. They do this all the time. He even said that store policy was that the merchandise had to be on the floor for 15 minutes before any employee was allowed to buy it. However, they are not following the rules. They will bring it out, and not put it up, then buy it as soon as they can. He even said the store doesn't care because they are making their money either way. I knew this had to be going on, but hearing it from an employee like that really &^%^&& me off. I wanted to say something to him, but the words I wanted to say wouldn't have been good for my daughter to hear. No point in even looking there anymore if this is going on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't posted in awhile do to not finding much. Did find both Plagueis and Mara Jade at the Disney store in the Tucson Mall last month.

Anyway, I now know why Spanish Trail Target never has anything. I was in there today with my daughter looking at My Little Pony stuff, when I heard two guys talking about Star Wars Black and other toys. I look around the corner and one of them is an employee. So I stayed in the Pony isle while my daughter was looking, eavesdropping on their conversation. The guy working there was talking about how they, (employees at that store) have been buying up all the Boba Fetts and other hard to find characters, and selling them on ebay. They do this all the time. He even said that store policy was that the merchandise had to be on the floor for 15 minutes before any employee was allowed to buy it. However, they are not following the rules. They will bring it out, and not put it up, then buy it as soon as they can. He even said the store doesn't care because they are making their money either way. I knew this had to be going on, but hearing it from an employee like that really &^%^&& me off. I wanted to say something to him, but the words I wanted to say wouldn't have been good for my daughter to hear. No point in even looking there anymore if this is going on.

That explains why my luck out there turned south. Such a bummer. I'm so sick of the scalpers.

Reaction score
Woohoo! Just picked up 2 Black series 6" Storm Troopers from a couple Targets! They just put em out.

Reaction score
Just met the Tucson Toy Hunter today. Great guy. Knows a lot about figures. He seems to have an edge on getting some hard to find stuff. He's my new goto guy on BS6" figures.

Reaction score
No, nothing new in stores around here, but I did get my Toryn Farr wave from Amazon. The snowtrooper, Yoda and Farr are good, solid figures, but, yeah, the Luke is pretty awful. There is a thing as too much articulation...

Last edited:
Reaction score
My wife found the proto Fett at the Colossal Cave Walgreens when she stopped for makeup on her way to work. The box was squished but I don't really care because they only had one. The cashier told her someone else came in an hour or so before her and bought the rest of them.

Reaction score
The walgreens by my house told me that a local toy store owner is calling every day hounding them for BobaFetts. Lol. I wonder which store owner it is. Hmmm

Reaction score
My wife found the proto Fett at the Colossal Cave Walgreens when she stopped for makeup on her way to work. The box was squished but I don't really care because they only had one. The cashier told her someone else came in an hour or so before her and bought the rest of them.
The walgreens by my house told me that a local toy store owner is calling every day hounding them for BobaFetts. Lol. I wonder which store owner it is. Hmmm
Probably the same scalper :'(

Reaction score
Old Spanish Trail Target had Rex and a couple of Stormies this morning. I ordered the whole wave from HTS yesterday and got my shipping notice this morning so I left them there. (They were crushed so not for the MOC guys.) It was nice seeing something new on the shelves for the first time in a REALLY long time. If anyone finds an extra Dutch Vander they aren't going to buy, please stash him for me. Looking for a couple of extras.

Reaction score
Nada. Had to order the latest wave from Hasbro myself. Target and Walmart don't even seem to have SW toy sections at the moment.

Reaction score
Stopped by the Rita Ranch Walmart this morning. NADA! Not a Star Wars toy to be found. Absolutely nothing. Not even a display to indicate something, anything had been there. Blew me away.

Reaction score
Stopped by the Rita Ranch Walmart this morning. NADA! Not a Star Wars toy to be found. Absolutely nothing. Not even a display to indicate something, anything had been there. Blew me away.
That sucks, come to Phoenix, it sounds that our Walmarts did pretty good in general!

Reaction score
I just talked to the toy manager at the Rita Ranch Walmart. Their stuff didn't get put out like it was supposed to so she pulled it for me. All they got was a bunch of legos, 1 case of titaniums, one case of the Y-wing/Rey Speeder and a box with a 6 in Chewbacca and two or three 4 in figures. She said they never get anything because they are too small.

Golf Links/Houghton Walmart got a case of titanium, 1 case of 6 in, a smattering of 4 in. 6 inch were gone by 12:01.

Speedway Walmart got a huge display, everything but the big vehicles but there were guys there grabbing multiples of everything and it was quite unpleasant.

Old Spanish Target was well stocked this morning- 4 cases of 6 in but all the stormtroopers were gone before the store opened. Tons of everything else.

So after all that I still don't have a 6 in stormtrooper. :(:mad:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seen Hux and Asty a few places on the east side of town, mostly Targets. The Walmart in Rita is pretty much useless, unfortunately.

Reaction score
Bummer. Guess my timing has been off. OST Target is usually the only one I make it too but somebody stashed a bunch of figures so they aren't restocking. 3 Zuvios on the pegs but 7 figures in stock. Titaniums are the same story- 0 on the pegs but 8 in stock. That WM in Rita is definitely one of the worst I've been to. Guess I'll have to try heading farther into town. Thanks for the heads up that they are out there.

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but try Speedway Walmart. Toys R Us has also had newer waves.

Reaction score
Found the entire Han Solo/Jango wave at Old Spanish Target this morning. They also had the latest 5poa wave but the new Reys were all gone already but if someone needs Han or the new furry guy they have them still.

Still one Flametrooper there too.

Last edited: