TSC Imperial Shuttle

Reaction score
One curious feature about the Hasbro re releases is that the small front hull guns are molded shorter than the old Kenner, and this is not more movie accuarte. Wonder why they bothered?
The weathering paintjob is odd. While the tail and wings are nice with correct dark grey panels on the tail and wing tips the hull sides are painted almost a solid grey and feathers a bit onto the hull top, with white gear teeth still showing. Worse, one side of the nose is grey weathering while the top and other side are base colour. The under side and side of the neck are also this tint. I think the older Kenner is more color consistent though a dark paint wash would improve.
Hmmm not crazy about the permanent handle too bad it couldn't fold up like the vintage Falcon.
Dark tinted windshield is better and so are the frames. I cut thin pieces of masking tape and put them on the edges of my 1984 Kenner windscreen.

Reaction score
It is an odd paint scheme. I wonder if it's based more on the full size prop they made for the rebel hanger rather than the model shuttle. The photo of the model in the 'star wars archive' book I have looks very clean.

Reaction score
The worst paint job has gotta be the large Hasbro X Wing first release in the late 1990s with the electronics. The painter sprayed the nose solid black, and also the four engine openings.
Obviously not a Star wars fan!

Reaction score
Looking for the side panel from Shuttle Tyderium. It's the scruffy looking one I have.

It's date stamped 1984 but I believe this was a re release.

Thanks.

Last edited: